• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dillon Turner QB(Salem class of 2013)finishes college career

Started by Greyhound#1, December 07, 2017, 11:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

QB from Salem that graduated in 2013 finishes his Senior season at Dakota Weslyann University.  This kid was special player for Salem.  He continued his dominance in the NAIA.  Below is link with write up on his career at Dakota Wesleyan.  He broke a lot of records.  GPAC player of year twice.  Now he is a finalist for NAIA player of the year.  His stats were unbelievable.  Congratulations Dillon Turner for living out your dream of playing college football. 

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/4353659-rewriting-history-tigers-turner-closing-out-successful-qb-career

tacklethis...

I have to admit I was wrong about his ability until I saw him play at Dierks. He was as advertised! It was a heck of a game that night and he was the backbone of Salem's team. Congrats on a fine football career!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 08, 2017, 05:12:02 am
I have to admit I was wrong about his ability until I saw him play at Dierks. He was as advertised! It was a heck of a game that night and he was the backbone of Salem's team. Congrats on a fine football career!

Did that RB Dierks had that year play anywhere?  He was a beast.  I think he was playing with bad knee that night.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on December 08, 2017, 09:13:34 am
Did that RB Dierks had that year play anywhere?  He was a beast.  I think he was playing with bad knee that night.

He went to Louisiana to play. Not sure if he is still on the team or not. He was only a 10 grader that year.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 08, 2017, 11:13:08 am
He went to Louisiana to play. Not sure if he is still on the team or not. He was only a 10 grader that year.

I was wondering why I never heard anything  about him after that

tacklethis...

He is the all time leading rusher at Dierks. Our passing game wasn't as good after that 13 team so his yardage was much tougher to get...

TruthHurts

Congrats to Dillon Turner. Saw him play in a game and 7 on 7 that year. Was fun to watch.

Lions84

Greyhound#1

Just in case no realized our current RB Jordan Turner is his younger brother.  Plays with the heart and passion just like his big brother did.  Jordan Turner has almost 1900 yds rushing this year.  He is just a junior.  So we got him 1 more year.

Greyhound#1

No one believed this kid was legit QB either.  Just like his brother Jordan Turner fights the uphill battle of being from small town in north Arkansas.  His family could have easily left and played at a bigger school.  Loyalty means something to both the Turner boys.  I bring this back to the far front because Dierks was the last opppnent for Mr Dillion Turner high school career.  One of the greatest high school games I ever watched came in the loss to Dierks.  The gut and determination from both teams made that game special.  Now it comes two folds.  Dillion Turner little brother Senior year back comes Dierks. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas