• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood is your 2017 6A State Champions

Started by Brian G, December 02, 2017, 05:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 19, 2017, 07:14:31 pm
bentoville made too many bone headed mistakes in title game. Bad snap on punt, really, in title game? Lack of focus and preparation. Bentoville west will be the new best team in town. Now don't waste more of my time. Businesstran

Wow  you got all that by watching one game where Bennie played their toughest opponent and the #1 team in the state?  That's just weak... Stick to watching Greenwood.   Bennie had one big weakness on defense this year and I bet you can't name it because you probably haven't watched anything outside of 6a football outside of the state games.  Also Bentonville beat West this year.   There will be a time when West is the better team but it wasn't this year.

jeffslilbro

Watched more than 1 game. I guess I should have made a list for you homer

jeffslilbro

Said west will be. Even the mighty polls are against you

beach bum

Quote from: businesstron on December 20, 2017, 11:33:45 am
Wow  you got all that by watching one game where Bennie played their toughest opponent and the #1 team in the state?  That's just weak... Stick to watching Greenwood.   Bennie had one big weakness on defense this year and I bet you can't name it because you probably haven't watched anything outside of 6a football outside of the state games.  Also Bentonville beat West this year.   There will be a time when West is the better team but it wasn't this year.

Greenwood is 2 or 3 scores better than Bentonville.... And PA is too.

businesstron

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 20, 2017, 12:05:46 pm
Watched more than 1 game. I guess I should have made a list for you homer
Of course you did.  That's why you can't name Bentonville's weakness this year. Stick to the world of 6a.   

businesstron

Quote from: jeffslilbro on December 20, 2017, 12:32:01 pm
Said west will be. Even the mighty polls are against you

Which poll..... Post it.  I can find 5 that say differently.

businesstron

Quote from: beach bum on December 20, 2017, 01:37:38 pm
Greenwood is 2 or 3 scores better than Bentonville.... And PA is too.

Elaborate.   

beach bum

Quote from: businesstron on December 20, 2017, 03:43:45 pm
Elaborate.

42-21 or 42-28 would be the score... That would be by 2 or 3 scores..... PA and Greenwood would be a good game on the other hand.

businesstron

Quote from: beach bum on December 20, 2017, 05:27:29 pm
42-21 or 42-28 would be the score... That would be by 2 or 3 scores..... PA and Greenwood would be a good game on the other hand.

That's not much of an elaboration.  That's more of a prediction.  Tell my why you think Greenwood would beat Bennie.   I like to get in the details of things but I'm a try not to so I don't overwhelm you.

Bennie faced spread offenses as good as Greenwood all year.  Rather Fayetteville, Bixby, Bentonville West heck....even Harber when they were healthy.  So even with a 4 star quarterback.  Greenwood ain't doing nothing that Bentonville wouldn't of seen before. 

Defensively Greenwood was good but look at some of the teams  they played in Conference their offenses don't compare to what was in the 7a west or even the 7a at that. 

I think Greenwood is about as good as Bixby is as far as team quality goes and I think the game would play out similar to a Bentonvlle Bixby  or even a Bentonville/West game.  Bentonville would give up points but would be able to score as well and probably make enough stops to win it.   

As far as PA goes  PA and Greenwood would be a good game because they are similar offenses.  I think a NLR or Bentonville would beat PA.   If Mclellan and their power running game gave PA problems then  NLR and Bentonville would run all over them.  Of course they'd score too but the bigger teams win in the end.   

jeffslilbro

Yes, Greenwood runs the spread and has a 3-4 defense. They run everything Bentonville has seen before. The difference: they run everything better. Block, tackle, run routes, and prepare. Everybody has opinions. Seen alot of teams "play", seen only one team this year with a great defense.

bulldogger15

Quote from: beach bum on December 20, 2017, 05:27:29 pm
Greenwood would smoke PA this year. Hatcher would get sacked a dozen times, throw 4 imterceptions and the Bulldogs offense would SHREAD PA's defense.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RD™

Quote from: businesstron on December 20, 2017, 03:43:45 pm
Elaborate.   

It would've been a great game, Jody Grant is a Greenwood alum so definitely would've loved the "other" parts of the game within the game.

rona

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: businesstron on December 20, 2017, 11:24:26 am
A 7a homer?  I guess..   What excuses have been made on my end?  How much 7a football have you actually seen this year?   Greenwoods not a bad team either.  They are a good team.  They just aren't the 1st or 2nd team best team in the state.  Your argument is weak because now your referring back to historic teams.   Pine Bluff was a great team that could've competed with the top half of the 7a....in 2015.  Not in 2017.   My point is already made and validated by most polls showing the strength of the 7a.    So i guess the whole state even computers are drinking 7a koolaid. 

Once again what has Greenwood done THIS YEAR to deserve that number one ranking?  The only people i see giving them the number one ranking are Greenwood homers.  Here's your puppy logic.   Greenwood is #1 because they blew out PB in the title game.    NLR and Bentonville aren't because they didn't look dominant against eachother and umm the 7a is down. 

Let's use that logic in college football I'll be generic.   Let's say UCF looks great against AAC competition while Bama struggled with Auburn and Auburn lost to GA.  Hey let's be real the SEC is down this year.  But hey this is UCF's best team in 4 or 5 years.  In your logic UCF deserves to be #1 because they look better against weaker competition. 

heck no.  Any intelligent person will tell you despite the SEC being down their best 4 or 5 years are still better almost all the teams out of the AAC.  UCF may beat Auburn though....it could be a game but those conferences don't compare across the board. 

The same goes for 7a vs 6a.  You call it koolaid everyone else just calls it reality.

Just because you say moronic things and bring up idiotic college football scenarios, doesn't mean it's true.  It just means you know nothing of what you speak.  But keep trying to keep up with a conversation about things you have no clue about.  You'll make someone a great wife some day! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas