• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a score thread

Started by HorseFeathers, November 27, 2017, 08:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 20, 2017, 06:50:58 pm
Westside 81
Osceola 75
Final
Makai Caruthers, 19 Steveon Fowler 16 and  Derrell Brown 14 for Osceola. Free throws killed them i heard but good game. Work hard and get some rest. 3 games in 3 days. Way to go Noles. Next game January 2nd vs Brookland

We look forward to hosting the Noles in our new Arena!!
Good game Noles!!

RedWolf275

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

Seems like Westside usually plays good in the NEA. Their coach is very good.

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 20, 2017, 06:50:58 pm
Westside 81
Osceola 75
Final
Makai Caruthers, 19 Steveon Fowler 16 and  Derrell Brown 14 for Osceola. Free throws killed them i heard but good game. Work hard and get some rest. 3 games in 3 days. Way to go Noles. Next game January 2nd vs Brookland

Did D. Adam play tonight?

Radiotalker

Quote from: luxora4life on December 20, 2017, 07:14:09 pm

Good question Lux.....I wasn't there but listened to it. He played but I didn't hear his name very much. I was wondering discipline or Westside was doing a number on him.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on December 20, 2017, 07:14:09 pm
He didn't play the first half because he told the coach that the press defense isn't working. You can't press a shooting team at all. Atleast one shooter on westside team was open. Run the 2-3 zone get out the press please

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 19, 2017, 11:56:42 pm
I just don't see Westside beating Osceola. Even if Westside does shoot like they did against Brookland
Sound like football season all over again 😀

870baller15

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 18, 2017, 09:42:18 pm
Osceola def Rivercrest 81-68

I heard there was 7 technicals called in this game. Any truth to that?

neaguru

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 21, 2017, 05:16:58 pm

I was told that the game was called with over a minute left to play.

870baller15

whsbballfan

luxora4life

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 21, 2017, 05:16:58 pm
:(

870baller15

ChokeNPoke

NEA Tourny Girls
Riverside- 45
ICC- 10
Halftime

BoxNOne

Girls final

Riverside 67 ICC 19 Clock ran from second quarter on.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 23, 2017, 02:32:42 pm
Girls final

Riverside 67 ICC 19 Clock ran from second quarter on.

Riverside Girls are my pick for State

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 23, 2017, 03:26:28 pm
Riverside Girls are my pick for State

Sure sounds like they are the team to beat

Head Lion

Brookland 43-40 over Tuckerman

RedWolf275

Lady Rebels have a semifinal game against Melbourne Tuesday. I watched Melbourne today and they have a pretty good squad.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 23, 2017, 09:05:19 pm
Lady Rebels have a semifinal game against Melbourne Tuesday. I watched Melbourne today and they have a pretty good squad.

Well Riverside needs to learn to lose now vs regionals. 

RedWolf275

Melbourne (11-3) will be a possible regional opponent for the Lady Rebels. It will be interesting to see how this game goes Tuesday.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 24, 2017, 08:49:21 am
Well Riverside needs to learn to lose now vs regionals.
Does it always come back to that? Gotta stop living in the past! These girls are all back and improved as much as any team in the state!

RedWolf275

Same players as last year but a totally different style of play. No more grinding and trying to hold the ball for long periods of time. This year they are attacking both offensively and defensively. It's obviously the best style for this set of girls!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on December 24, 2017, 10:31:11 am
Does it always come back to that? Gotta stop living in the past! These girls are all back and improved as much as any team in the state!

Ha I honestly could care less about Riverside. My statement goes to any team.  I'm a Lamar fan plain and simple. Just respect what they are doing.  Again never wanna learn to lose in the first round of Regionals. 

RedWolf275

NEA Tournament   Riverside Lady Rebels beat Melbourne 69-57

Hitman Warrior23

Bay is getting some GREAT competition in this season.  They should be very ready come post season

RedWolf275

Bay has a good team. Melbourne has a 9th grader who can really play. She kept Melbourne in it for a while today but i think she got tired later in the game.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 26, 2017, 07:27:43 pm
Bay is getting some GREAT competition in this season.  They should be very ready come post season

Bay will battle the Lady Rebels but I don't think they have the firepower to beat them. However, you never know and if the Lady Rebels are a little cold from the 3 point line it will be close.

ChokeNPoke

They have beaten Bay twice this year. However, it's hard to beat a good team 3 times in one year! Should be a great rematch from last years finals

lostintheweeds

Charleston girls over Cabot by 15 today.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on December 27, 2017, 11:45:56 am
They have beaten Bay twice this year. However, it's hard to beat a good team 3 times in one year! Should be a great rematch from last years finals

For sure

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: lostintheweeds on December 27, 2017, 03:04:56 pm
Charleston girls over Cabot by 15 today.

That's a nice statement win

RedWolf275

NEA final

Bay over Riverside 50-49 on a layup at the buzzer

Hitman Warrior23

brookland bearcat

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 27, 2017, 05:35:51 pm
NEA final

Bay over Riverside 50-49 on a layup at the buzzer
shouldn't have counted. way after the buzzer

RedWolf275

Shouldn't have even been a chance of a referee missing the call. Riverside should have had all four players back on D near the basket. Bad decision putting them on ft line!

ChokeNPoke

December 27, 2017, 06:25:35 pm #187 Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:27:41 pm by ChokeNPoke
Quote from: brookland bearcat on December 27, 2017, 05:49:18 pm
shouldn’t have counted. way after the buzzer
After the buzzer clearly. Blew it. NEA title taken away from riverside. But ball shouldn’t have made it down there in the first place. Great ballgame both ways. And coach Hoffman was yelling back as soon as the free throw went in so can’t blame him. All I’m saying

NeaBaller21

It should have counted...saw a video where it's obvious the person running the clock started the clock before the girl touched the ball and ran 0.3 off the clock leaving 0.3 for her to shoot instead of the 0.6 that it was supposed to be. Think maybe the refs knew that there was time ran off the clock before the girl touched the ball and that's the reason they counted it.

RedWolf275

December 27, 2017, 07:06:20 pm #189 Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:12:09 pm by RedWolf275
Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 27, 2017, 07:01:46 pm
It should have counted...saw a video where it's obvious the person running the clock started the clock before the girl touched the ball and ran 0.3 off the clock leaving 0.3 for her to shoot instead of the 0.6 that it was supposed to be. Think maybe the refs knew that there was time ran off the clock before the girl touched the ball and that's the reason they counted it.

This is correct. The right team won. Rebels should have had all four players defending the basket. You can see on the channel 8 video. We are celebrating a little early and they threw it over our head to there fastest player. Great call by the Bay coach. It was his only possible chance.

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 27, 2017, 07:06:20 pm
This is correct. The right team won. Rebels should have had all four players defending the basket. You can see on the channel 8 video. We are celebrating a little early and they threw it over our head to there fastest player. Great call by the Bay coach. It was his only possible chance.
Nice sportsmanship Redwolf it should've been .06 on the clock which most fans didn't know but the refs did. The right call was made and Rebels failure to get back caused them.
Congrats Bay.

NeaBaller21

Riverside is my team and even I agree that it got called right. Just don't understand why you don't pull all but one girl to guard the ball , and leave the other 3 back while the girl shoots free throws. If she misses, then oh well you can't get a rebound with 0.6 and throw a full court shot up.

Jimbo Morphis

BigLion10

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 28, 2017, 09:01:15 am
Riverside is my team and even I agree that it got called right. Just don't understand why you don't pull all but one girl to guard the ball , and leave the other 3 back while the girl shoots free throws. If she misses, then oh well you can't get a rebound with 0.6 and throw a full court shot up.

I'm sure he is saying that now.  Close game got caught up in the moment.  That might have been the best thing to happen to Riverside

CTEPirateFan

Drew Central Sr. Girls over LR Mills 59-28 in the SEARK Holiday Tournament. They play LR McClellan in the semifinals today with White Hall and Dumas on the other side of the bracket.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 28, 2017, 10:16:57 am
I'm sure he is saying that now.  Close game got caught up in the moment.  That might have been the best thing to happen to Riverside
I agree Hitman

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 28, 2017, 10:16:57 am

Always better to have bonehead moments in December than in February and March

Hitman Warrior23

HorseFeathers

In a matchup of undefeated teams
Mountain View 64
Two rivers 63
Final/ot
Shipman for MV had 29

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas