• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Nettleton

Started by MrShakezzzz2014, November 10, 2017, 10:03:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

j-mann raider 02

nettleton wins 21-14   greenbrier  is a great great  team   u have a fan  in me going foward   

A D M

What a awesome game i have lost my voice from yelling. Both teams fought until the very end.

Grond

Runnin With The Pack

I wasn't there, but I heard Nettleton scored twice in the final 5 minutes.  They apparently hit a big pass play for a score w/maybe around 4:00 left, went for 2 and got it to tie the game...Greenbrier went 3 & out on its next possession and then shanked a punt...Nettleton got the ball back at the GB 35 and scored again in the last minute.

Raider2011

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on November 17, 2017, 11:11:10 pm
I wasn't there, but I heard Nettleton scored twice in the final 5 minutes.  They apparently hit a big pass play for a score w/maybe around 4:00 left, went for 2 and got it to tie the game...Greenbrier went 3 & out on its next possession and then shanked a punt...Nettleton got the ball back at the GB 35 and scored again in the last minute.
spot on

A D M

It was a awesome game. About gave me a heart attack. Both teams fought until the very end.

Grond

Great way to win...... and tough way to lose.

Congrats to Netty. Well done, GB.

Overdahill

Whoa, that had to hurt

bobcat81

Just a few more details about the last two scores.  Greenbrier had 4th and 3 at about the Nettleton 35 with just about 2 1/2 minutes to go and the score still 14-6 GB.  GB gained most of it but as the Jonesboro Sun reported they were about an inch short.  The offical had to go to a knee to look at the chain and ball - it was that close.  A first down would have meant more clock run although Nettleton still had two timeouts.  Then the very next play was the pass to the flat and a 65 yard TD.  The two point conversion tied it up.  The other detail is that it was with 2:13 to go.  So Nettleton's last two TD's were within the last 2:13 with the final one with 39 seconds after Nettleon got the ball back with a littel over a minte after Greenbrier's 3 and out as noted. 

GB squandered two redzone opportunities in the first half with one of those from the three.  That came back to haunt them.  Nettleton adjusted their pass defense in the second half and GB just couldn't get anything going.  An exicting game at the beginning and end, sort of ho hum in the middle, but a disappointing result if you're a panther fan.  Some missed opportunities early hurt.  Congrats to the Panthers who performed much better than most expected after a slow start to the season.  Good luck to the Raiders next week.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas