• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a Soccer boys 2018

Started by Lizardman16, November 10, 2017, 06:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizardman16

What are y'alls presiction about 4a soccer?

JFSM

Looks like lighthouse soccer team has lost alot of talented players this year . 4 of there starters last year have graduated. All of there star players have moved to cabot and jacksonville high school. Just 1 sophmore Johann Silva seems to be there only best player for the team with alot of new to soccer players this season.

razorback

Who is coaching at Lighthouse this year? Heard they had a coaching change.

redsport27

November 12, 2017, 07:40:06 pm #3 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:59:27 pm by redsport27
I can understand a move to Cabot...but Jacksonville? Jacksonville didn't want any games last year and their conference is brutal. We're the moves for a specific reason? Lighthouse had potential to compete.

Pretty sure Dardanelle and Warren will reload. Berryville and Heber Springs are teams you can't forget about.

JFSM

Lighthouse had alot of talent to compete but they moved schools due to lack of education and bad organization of the school. And yes they will have a new coach but he seems to not know anything about soccer at all. They only have 1 star midfielder thats a sophmore who knows how much he can put the weight of the team in his shoulders.

Lizardman16

Hows dardanelle team looking? I heard they lost several starters ? And how about warren who did they lose?

beeroe

I am still dismayed and frustrated by the AAA. The 4A is just too large across the board and is not really a competitive conference. Dardanelle will have to schedule games that really dont matter against Bergman, Lead Hill, Eureka Springs, Decatur.... When they could be scheduling games that will prepare them for state.  Meanwhile, those four teams have no hope for postseason play. The whole thing is just ridiculous and unfortunate.

AAA says that one of its purposes is to:

"E. Support opportunities for students to experience the benefits that are derived from teamwork, developing a sense of fair play and accomplishment. Promote an understanding and appreciation that rules, consistently applied, create order and discipline."

How is this ever going to happen when your school is playing schools that are 3 times the size of yours. How is this fairplay? What sense of accomplishment does a team get from a 10-0 slaughter?

Lizardman16

Quote from: beeroe on November 13, 2017, 10:49:41 am
I am still dismayed and frustrated by the AAA. The 4A is just too large across the board and is not really a competitive conference. Dardanelle will have to schedule games that really dont matter against Bergman, Lead Hill, Eureka Springs, Decatur.... When they could be scheduling games that will prepare them for state.  Meanwhile, those four teams have no hope for postseason play. The whole thing is just ridiculous and unfortunate.

"E. Support opportunities for students to experience the benefits that are derived from teamwork, developing a sense of fair play and accomplishment. Promote an understanding and appreciation that rules, consistently applied, create order and discipline."

How is this ever going to happen when your school is playing schools that are 3 times the size of yours. How is this fairplay? What sense of accomplishment does a team get from a 10-0 slaughter?
Very true do you believe dardanelle is the team to beat ?

sevenof400

Out of curiosity, Beeroe are any of the 4A conferences opting to split into divisions?  I believe they can still do this...

redsport27

Quote from: Lizardman16 on November 13, 2017, 10:21:42 am
Hows dardanelle team looking? I heard they lost several starters ? And how about warren who did they lose?
I couldn't really tell you about Dard...I don't know if Villegas is still there. I know Warren lost Gadiel Garay, Victor Xcharicata and Sergio Yepes but I think they will reload with Daniel Mondragon paving the way.

chandler

At least 3A and under will be in their own conferences in 2019. Looks like they'll have to either travel a lot or play the same 3A teams several times though.

I think Hamburg should have a good team again. I think I remember Coach Mondragon telling me they're losing #9 from last year but his little brother is coming up.

The Coach

Dardanelle returns 5 starters and lots of kids that played significant time. 3 of those 5 returning starters are possibly the best at their individual positions. With Temo Martinez possibly being the best player in 4A.

beeroe

"Out of curiosity, Beeroe are any of the 4A conferences opting to split into divisions?  I believe they can still do this..."

Splitting the conference up into divisions has been tried before however, the argument is that it does not really allow each conference to put its best teams into the state tournament. The year after it was changed back.

Quote from: Lizardman16 on November 13, 2017, 11:59:47 am

I do. They have a super deep bench and fierce competitive spirit. They may miss a senior who graduated, but there are a few more who are eager to fill those cleats.

Quote from: chandler on November 13, 2017, 12:34:42 pm
At least 3A and under will be in their own conferences in 2019. Looks like they'll have to either travel a lot or play the same 3A teams several times though.

Have you seen any proof of this... seems like every year it gets talked about but never executed.

friscokid

Texas (where I moved here from) had the same problem in soccer. There was 6A and 5A only, and smaller schools had to play up. It got to the point where there were so many smaller schools that 5A had to go to 64 districts instead of the usual 32. The UIL finally caved a few years ago and created a 4A for soccer. Now dozens of smaller schools have added soccer.

The same thing will happen in Arkansas. Once there are enough 3A's playing soccer to support a classification more schools will jump in and it'll grow fast. Until then, though, it'll be a headache.

ARSOCCER2017

The 2-4A has split its conference in two and plays a conference tournament. The tournament pits 1 from one side against 4 from the other and 2 vs. 3.

SportsDad

Quote from: Lizardman16 on November 13, 2017, 11:59:47 am
Yes...
It will come down to the same group of teams that dominated last year...
Dardy, Warren, Hamburg, and CAC...

I believe that those programs are so established now that each just reloads every year...

I can tell you that Warren lost 3 very good seniors, but they also have several freshman players that will contribute right away... as I am sure Dardy and Hamburg will have some freshmen step up as well.

Lizardman16

Quote from: redsport27 on November 13, 2017, 12:13:14 pm
I couldn't really tell you about Dard...I don't know if Villegas is still there. I know Warren lost Gadiel Garay, Victor Xcharicata and Sergio Yepes but I think they will reload with Daniel Mondragon paving the way.
they lost villegas but have 4 returners 2 seniors, 1 junior, and 1 sophomore

Lizardman16

Quote from: SportsDad on November 13, 2017, 01:52:27 pm
Yes...
It will come down to the same group of teams that dominated last year...
Dardy, Warren, Hamburg, and CAC...

I believe that those programs are so established now that each just reloads every year...

I can tell you that Warren lost 3 very good seniors, but they also have several freshman players that will contribute right away... as I am sure Dardy and Hamburg will have some freshmen step up as well.
not sure about the freshmen there seem any decent players but the sophmore class for dardanelle have alot of potential

The Coach

November 13, 2017, 06:27:01 pm #18 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:29:17 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Lizardman16 on November 13, 2017, 03:21:33 pm
they lost villegas but have 4 returners 2 seniors, 1 junior, and 1 sophomore

They return 5 starters. 3 Sr's, a Jr, and a So.

They have another Sr and a Jr that have started several games the last few years here and there. They also have 2 Soph's that played a bunch last year as 9th graders along with getting a few out that didn't play last year. They'll be fine by the time conference rolls around with the tough non-Conf they are playing.

redsport27

I like the Warren and Dard match-up. Does anyone know if they are playing this season?

The Coach

Quote from: redsport27 on November 13, 2017, 08:06:40 pm
I like the Warren and Dard match-up. Does anyone know if they are playing this season?

March 27th at Burns Park

ArkansasSportsFan

November 14, 2017, 10:14:03 am #21 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:00:51 am by ArkansasSportsFan
Quote from: JFSM on November 13, 2017, 09:08:06 am
Lighthouse had alot of talent to compete but they moved schools due to lack of education and bad organization of the school. And yes they will have a new coach but he seems to not know anything about soccer at all. They only have 1 star midfielder thats a sophmore who knows how much he can put the weight of the team in his shoulders.

Is that true? If so that's unfortunate, that team has been solid for a couple years now.

Even the goalie? Because he was a good athlete.

Lizardman16

How is hamburg did they lose many starters?

JFSM

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on November 14, 2017, 10:14:03 am
Is that true? If so that's unfortunate, that team has been solid for a couple years now.

Even the goalie? Because he was a good athlete.
yeah the goalie moved to jacksonville high school. Only the good freshmen last year named johann silva that was a CB/CM is still in lighthouse.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: JFSM on November 14, 2017, 11:58:16 am
yeah the goalie moved to jacksonville high school. Only the good freshmen last year named johann silva that was a CB/CM is still in lighthouse.

That's nuts, and it was all a school/education issue?

The Coach

Quote from: Lizardman16 on November 14, 2017, 11:56:46 am
How is hamburg did they lose many starters?

They lost #9, #10, and #17 which were their 3 best players. Especially #9 and #10 with scoring.

chaoslord

I think it's Dardanelle's to lose. I know a lot changes with high school sports with graduations so it's hard to use previous years as a gauge, but I have only seen them a handful of times and they've looked great each time. I had the pleasure of being on the field with them as they dominated Mena two years ago in a performance that imo surpassed some of the 7A teams I saw that year, and last year they looked really impressive in the final against Warren. Especially at 4A where the talent pools are so much smaller, a lot of it comes down to coaching and they are clearly being coached right. Even with only returning 5 starters per this thread, I think they'll play to their strengths and be hard to beat. Might be a settling in period early but I would not want to play them in May.

Would also not be surprised, though, if Warren finally broke through this year.

Sir Alex

And then next year happens! Be patient my friend.

JFSM

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on November 14, 2017, 12:03:05 pm
That's nuts, and it was all a school/education issue?
Yes. Its rumored that it might even shut down because theres not enough students in that school. The school had quite the poteintal in soccer . A 1A school making huge damaged in a 4A conference .

redsport27

Quote from: JFSM on November 15, 2017, 08:22:07 am
Yes. Its rumored that it might even shut down because theres not enough students in that school. The school had quite the poteintal in soccer . A 1A school making huge damaged in a 4A conference .
Well, I guess it's safe to say Lighthouse won't be making too much noise this year...

AirWarren

Quote from: chaoslord on November 14, 2017, 02:51:38 pm
I think it's Dardanelle's to lose. I know a lot changes with high school sports with graduations so it's hard to use previous years as a gauge, but I have only seen them a handful of times and they've looked great each time. I had the pleasure of being on the field with them as they dominated Mena two years ago in a performance that imo surpassed some of the 7A teams I saw that year, and last year they looked really impressive in the final against Warren. Especially at 4A where the talent pools are so much smaller, a lot of it comes down to coaching and they are clearly being coached right. Even with only returning 5 starters per this thread, I think they'll play to their strengths and be hard to beat. Might be a settling in period early but I would not want to play them in May.

Would also not be surprised, though, if Warren finally broke through this year.

With state titles in Basketball, football, and Baseball.....and getting the runner up last year in 4A soccer.....Warren is getting very hungry for that first soccer championship. The monster is ready to be fed, lol.

Leon

Quote from: The Coach on November 13, 2017, 12:35:17 pm
Dardanelle returns 5 starters and lots of kids that played significant time. 3 of those 5 returning starters are possibly the best at their individual positions. With Temo Martinez possibly being the best player in 4A.

Nah man I defer on Temo being the best player in 4A there are far better players right now. Decatur has a couple good players. Team wise they have a future the next years.  I hear all are softmores. Danville is catching up as they get their injuries out of the picture this season. Their number 10 in my opinion is the best player in 4A.

DHS#1

1-4A
1) Dard 7-0
2) Berryville 6-0
3) Green Forest 6-2
4) Danville 5-3
5) P. Grove 4-3
6) Decatur 4-4
7) Huntsville 4-4
8) Subiaco 3-5
9) Gentry 3-5
10) E. Springs 1-7
11) Bergman 0-6
12) Lead Hill 0-6

4/27
*Conference championship
*Berryville @ Dardanelle
Danville @ P Grove to fight for the 4th seed
Green Forest @ Gentry
Subiaco @ Huntsville
Lead Hill @ Bergman

Leon

Quote from: DHS#1 on April 26, 2018, 05:05:01 pm
1-4A
1) Dard 7-0
2) Berryville 6-0
3) Green Forest 6-2
4) Danville 6-3
5) P. Grove 4-3
6) Decatur 4-4
7) Huntsville 4-4
8) Subiaco 3-5
9) Gentry 3-5
10) E. Springs 1-7
11) Bergman 0-6
12) Lead Hill 0-6

4/27
*Conference championship
*Berryville @ Dardanelle
Danville @ P Grove to fight for the 4th seed
Green Forest @ Gentry
Subiaco @ Huntsville
Lead Hill @ Bergman

Leon

Danville is 6-3... isn't Decatur 5-4?

DHS#1

Quote from: Leon on April 26, 2018, 08:03:47 pm
Danville is 6-3... isn't Decatur 5-4?
This was before tonight's games. Look at the time I posted it!! What about Danville's record

The Coach

April 26, 2018, 09:20:16 pm #36 Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:26:35 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Leon on April 26, 2018, 03:12:31 pm
Nah man I defer on Temo being the best player in 4A there are far better players right now. Decatur has a couple good players. Team wise they have a future the next years.  I hear all are softmores. Danville is catching up as they get their injuries out of the picture this season. Their number 10 in my opinion is the best player in 4A.

::) ::)

Not sure if this is a serious post or not

Leon

Quote from: DHS#1 on April 26, 2018, 08:56:22 pm
This was before tonight's games. Look at the time I posted it!! What about Danville's record

You're right. Danville is 6-3 since Tuesday.

Leon

Quote from: The Coach on April 26, 2018, 09:20:16 pm
::) ::)

Not sure if this is a serious post or not

Just as serious as your previous post man. Good thing everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was referring to individual players not teams.

The Coach

April 27, 2018, 10:58:38 am #39 Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:19:58 am by The Coach
Quote from: Leon on April 27, 2018, 08:58:58 am
Just as serious as your previous post man. Good thing everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was referring to individual players not teams.

As far as Individual players go Temo, David Rodriguez, and Jacinto Diaz are as good as anyone at their positions in 4A for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas