• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Updated Conferences for 2018-20

Started by Brian G, September 06, 2017, 06:31:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

AT

Think you used the same link for both, BG.

Brian G

Lions84

JacketFan

Does anyone know when these new conferences take affect for the other sports?

Paw-Paw

Quote from: JacketFan on September 26, 2017, 10:26:57 am
Does anyone know when these new conferences take affect for the other sports?

InYoGrill

After reviewing some of the conferences not only in football but all the other sports, wow! Just looking at the 5A West difference in sports is incredible. GW, ALma, LRC, Maumelle, Rville, Siloam with Briar and V in all sports other than football. Really weird compared to football conference. Changes, changes, and more changes...

Made

Anyone have a link to the numbers they are pulling for this? Also does anyone know the formula they use? I found a link to the ade database of numbers but some seem really off

AirWarren

Fordyce to 2A....Rison to 3A......

Who would have ever imagined.....

Made

Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2018, 01:04:08 pm
Fordyce to 2A....Rison to 3A......

Who would have ever imagined.....
as a first week alum I wouldn't have thought it would ever happen but k-12 rison has 848 compared to fordyces 764

Hogman2018

Mulerider4Life

I really am shocked by this. Big shakeup, but definitely better driving distances.

tmycjy

I know it has happen I still don't agree with what they did here but I can live with it for now but ITS NOT RIGHT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO JUST HELP A FEW SCHOOL

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: tmycjy on April 08, 2018, 07:31:34 pm
I know it has happen I still don't agree with what they did here but I can live with it for now but ITS NOT RIGHT WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO JUST HELP A FEW SCHOOL

What do you mean?

tmycjy

This all started because some school didn't think it was Fair on driving  but when some people said we need to combine 6A and 7a back together they didn't like that so let mess up everyone else to help these few school out I don't think it right

SUGARTOWN

There's nothing that can be done to make EVERYBODY happy. Some schools are just going to have to travel further than others, it is what it is. We can't change the geography and demographics of the state.

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 11, 2018, 12:48:29 pm
There's nothing that can be done to make EVERYBODY happy. Some schools are just going to have to travel further than others, it is what it is. We can't change the geography and demographics of the state.

+1

tmycjy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 11, 2018, 12:48:29 pm

I agree but tell me why they want to change this why can we combine 7A and 6 A  back together then  no one has explain that to me

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I can't ever understand the conferences for other sports... they just combine schools from the same region and consider it a conference, but they don't count as conference games. I could see some day, they split the state into four quarters and have a NE, SE, SW, and NW conference where schools play (in football, for example) 7 games from their "region" as conference games and play a different schedule every year

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: tmycjy on April 12, 2018, 12:26:54 pm
I agree but tell me why they want to change this why can we combine 7A and 6 A  back together then  no one has explain that to me
That was tried a few years ago with a proposal presented to the AAA.
However, there were five current 6A schools (I know them, but will not name them) that didn't want to be back with 7A schools. So their administrators reached out to their buddies in smaller schools and had them help to vote down the proposal.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2018, 06:59:56 pm
However, there were five current 6A schools (I know them, but will not name them) that didn't want to be back with 7A schools. So their administrators reached out to their buddies in smaller schools and had them help to vote down the proposal.

I think the competition between 6A Football and 7A Football is so large.

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2018, 06:59:56 pm

So, those that were in favor of proposal didn't have any buddies?

Hogman2018

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2018, 04:03:13 pm
agreed!!

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2018, 04:03:13 pm
Not enough, since a measure like this requires a two-thirds vote for passage.

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 13, 2018, 05:33:16 pm
Not enough, since a measure like this requires a two-thirds vote for passage.

Such is life......

Lions84

rzrbackfan

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 13, 2018, 03:22:54 pm
I think the competition between 6A Football and 7A Football is so large.
Your kidding right?  You think 7A is too good for the 6A teams to compete with?
Greenwood
Benton
W Memphis
Searcy
Marion
Jonesboro
You don't think these teams could beat
Rogers
Rogers Heritage
Van Buren
Catholic
Central
Cabot
7A had 8 teams out of 16 that had a winning record of 6 - 6 and lower.  That means they only had 8 teams with winning records.  Problem you have with 6A and 7A is some good teams and equal amounts of some REALLY BAD teams. 

OB11

Quote from: rzrbackfan on January 28, 2019, 01:10:16 pm
Your kidding right?  You think 7A is too good for the 6A teams to compete with?
Greenwood
Benton
W Memphis
Searcy
Marion
Jonesboro
You don't think these teams could beat
Rogers
Rogers Heritage
Van Buren
Catholic
Central
Cabot
7A had 8 teams out of 16 that had a winning record of 6 - 6 and lower.  That means they only had 8 teams with winning records.  Problem you have with 6A and 7A is some good teams and equal amounts of some REALLY BAD teams.

That's where the problems with these two classifications lie. If you're good in 6A, chances are you'll be able to compete and even win in 7A. But the bad teams in these two classes, as you said, are really bad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas