• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 - 1A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 21, 2017, 06:56:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

March 21, 2017, 06:56:14 am Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:30:56 am by 3 Dollar
For a little Spring Break conversation:

1...Concord
2...Taylor
3...Scranton
4...Midland
5...Southside Bee Branch
6...Woodlawn
7...Dierks
8...Ouachita
9...Wonderview
10..Viola

;)

As of 4-14-2017:

1...Taylor
2...Scranton
3...Concord
4...Midland
5...Southside Bee Branch
6...Armorel
7...Woodlawn
8...Mount Vernon/Enola
9...Dierks
10..Calico Rock

:D

As of 4-22-2017:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Scranton
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Midland
6...Woodlawn
7...Armorel
8...Dierks
9...Mount Vernon/Enola
10..Calico Rock

;D

As of 4-30-2017:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Scranton
4...Woodlawn
5...Armorel
6...Southside Bee Branch
7...Midland
8...Calico Rock
9...Dierks
10..Wonderview

>:(

As of 5-9-2017:
Pre-State Tournament

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Scranton
5...Mount Ida
6...Armorel
7...Southside Bee Branch
8...Shirley
9...Dierks
10..Calico Rock

:o

BLUEBLOOD

I watched Taylor manhandle the defending 2A state champs in Hope.  I know the season is still young, but the freshman pitcher made SH's hitters look pedestrian and that's not easy at all.  She had them guessing and chasing borderline pitches which resulted in weakly hit balls.  Offensively, Taylor's hitters got on the SH pitcher (who is among the tops in 2A for several years running).  Started the game with back to back doubles and never looked back.

I know SH isn't as strong in the outfield as they have been in the past, but their hitters and pitcher should be even better with their experience.  I didn't get the chance to watch the other 1A teams in Hope, but I know that Hermitage beat SS Bee Branch.  Dierks beat Bradley and Poyen, then lost to Fouke in finals. 

I'm not prepared to post my top 10 ranking yet, but if Concord is better than Taylor then the rest of 1A better tighten up because Taylor looked awesome.  I'm proud of my Dierks Outlaws and they are improving every time out but still have those times when something blows up whether it be errors or contagious poor hitting. 

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Armorel needs to be top 3...Everybody back from State Semi team.

beastmode00

I think Taylor will go all the way. They have a very strong team and make few errors. The Taylor coach has a well disciplined team. Good luck

gamechanger11

1. Taylor
2. Scranton
3. Armorel
4. Dierks
5. Concord
6. Hermitage
7. Midland
8. South side Bee Branch
9. Mount Vernon
10. Wonderview

Robert_Dorfenshootze

March 21, 2017, 08:13:38 pm #5 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:15:57 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
1. Concord...too much returning to not be 1.
2. Scranton...aolid overall from what I've heard, well-rounded team
3. Taylor....pitching, decent offensively, should go deep
4  Midland...young, talented, should get better as year goes on
(Here down I think is step down from top 4 from what I've seen and heard)
5. Armorel
6. Dierks
7. Hermitage
8. South Side
9. My. Vernon
10. Viola

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 21, 2017, 08:13:38 pm
1. Concord...too much returning to not be 1.
2. Scranton...aolid overall from what I've heard, well-rounded team
3. Taylor....pitching, decent offensively, should go deep
4  Midland...young, talented, should get better as year goes on
(Here down I think is step down from top 4 from what I've seen and heard)
5. Armorel
6. Dierks
7. Hermitage
8. South Side
9. My. Vernon
10. Viola

DECENT must be a relative term....

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on March 21, 2017, 09:08:19 pm
DECENT must be a relative term....

Sorry, meant no offense. I was simply saying i thought their strongest attribute is pitching and their offense is good, just not their biggest strength. In fairness I think a lot of us are guessing when trying to analyze or rank teams from other corners of the state.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on March 21, 2017, 09:23:22 pm
Sorry, meant no offense. I was simply saying i thought their strongest attribute is pitching and their offense is good, just not their biggest strength. In fairness I think a lot of us are guessing when trying to analyze or rank teams from other corners of the state.

I agree which is why I haven't wagered my ranking.  I have only compiled a list of contenders.  I came up with those based upon the region pairings and position in the state tournament bracket. 

littlec2964

littlec2964

BasketballNeverStops

playhard

Wonderview 15
Sacred Heart 3

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-8 (5-2)
Midland-0 (8-2)

Lakehog

littlec2964

playhard

Quote from: Lakehog on March 30, 2017, 07:50:11 pm
Scranton 11
Hector 5

With this win, Scranton is probably the
top team in 1A right now.

playhard

1  Scranton
2  Concord
3  Taylor
4  Midland
5  Armorel
6  Calico
7  Dierks
8  Wonderview
9  SSBB
10 Hermitage/MVE

BasketballNeverStops

Ozark Classic First Round
Concord-21
Berryville-1

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on April 01, 2017, 02:54:32 am
Ozark Classic First Round
Concord-21
Berryville-1

After the butt whoopin concord gave us and seeing this score over a much bigger school, I think I have to stand by my thoughts that concord is best team in our class. Looks like Taylor and Scranton have to be up there too.
Basketballneverstops, what are Concord's chances of winning this classic?

Idoknow

Van Buren Tournament, Friday's games!
Rogers 6 Scranton 0
Scranton 2 Russellville 0

Lakehog

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on April 01, 2017, 11:06:04 am
After the butt whoopin concord gave us and seeing this score over a much bigger school, I think I have to stand by my thoughts that concord is best team in our class. Looks like Taylor and Scranton have to be up there too.
Basketballneverstops, what are Concord's chances of winning this classic?
I think we have a pretty good chance of winning it. We just beat Valley Springs 18-0 to advance to finals against winner of Pea Ridge/Lincoln.

Lakehog

Scranton 4
Springdale Harbar 0
Scranton 9
Brookland 2
Not bad for a little Ole 1a school

Lakehog

Scranton 4
Bentonville West 1
Sure looks like Concord is still the team to beat

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I agree, concord is the team to beat.

gamechanger11

Looks as if it just needs to be cut in half for Scranton and Taylor. Two horse race

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on April 01, 2017, 10:31:01 pm
Looks as if it just needs to be cut in half for Scranton and Taylor. Two horse race

Game changer, I'm officially putting you in the hater category as it concerns the Lady Pirates. I sure hope you're not just some jealous parent. I'd be pretty mad if I was one of Concord's players or their coach reading your constant downplaying of their chances.
As a Mustang fan, we are close with the Concord people and I've asked around and thus far no one knows who you are but good grief.
I hope like heck we beat Concord come district and beyond but geez what's your deal?

gamechanger11

Mr. Dolphin shoes I have no problem with them. I think they are a really good, well coached team. I just know how most of folks(parents) there are and how they can ruin it. Also, year in year out Taylor is all the hype and it seems they are actually really good this year with the addition of the freshman pitcher. As for saying that with Scranton they really are a very good group who won it two years ago and was in semis last year. With them being young the year they won it.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on April 02, 2017, 09:27:54 am
Mr. Dolphin shoes I have no problem with them. I think they are a really good, well coached team. I just know how most of folks(parents) there are and how they can ruin it. Also, year in year out Taylor is all the hype and it seems they are actually really good this year with the addition of the freshman pitcher. As for saying that with Scranton they really are a very good group who won it two years ago and was in semis last year. With them being young the year they won it.

Well, I know several of those parents and the ones I know are great so can't imagine how bad it could possibly be. And frankly, I do think those girls are really well coached year round. Their younger groups consistently win almost all their tournaments throughout every summer. My daughter's team always seemed to run into that buzzsaw about every tournament we play in. Then of course they're well coached during the school season between a couple of guys we know well at Midland, which includes a former teacher of ours as maybe best assistant coach around this area.
I haven't seen too much of Taylor yet but did get to see Scranton finally, very good team, was impressed with depth of good players they have.

BasketballNeverStops

Sorry everyone I've been pretty busy, but Concord did win the Ozarks Classic in Harrison over the weekend, being the smallest school in the field by far and outscoring opponents 46-1 in three games. Pea Ridge was unbeaten (14-0) before our game against them in the finals.

Concord-21 4A Berryville-1
Concord-18 3A Valley Springs-0
Concord-7 4A Pea Ridge-0

BIG_K

;D Thick Skin Needs to be developed in order to make it through 4 years as a High School SB parent.  ;D Take some deep breaths and go by Academy and get you a stress ball!  ;)

BasketballNeverStops

Monday, April 3
In 5 Innings
Concord-11 (9-2)
Cave City-0

Tuesday, April 4
In 3 Innings
Concord-16 (10-2)
MVE-0

playhard

Monday
SSBB 6 WV 0

Tuesday
Harding Acad. 2 WV 0

CrazySacDad

dc3

Anybody have Scranton vs. Westside score from the 4th?

littlec2964

littlec2964

If everything works out like it should with Taylor, Scranton and Concord winning their regional they will all be on the same side of the bracket in state. Should make for some very interesting quarterfinal and semifinal games. Those regional games still have to be played and anything can happen, but it is looking might interesting. 

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: littlec2964 on April 07, 2017, 03:08:54 pm
If everything works out like it should with Taylor, Scranton and Concord winning their regional they will all be on the same side of the bracket in state. Should make for some very interesting quarterfinal and semifinal games. Those regional games still have to be played and anything can happen, but it is looking might interesting.

Scranton will have to win regional at Dierks.  Outlaws might have a say in that regional final.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: littlec2964 on April 07, 2017, 03:08:54 pm

Where do you find the state matchups at?

BasketballNeverStops

Thursday, April 6
Concord-10 (11-2)
Pangburn-1

Friday, April 7
Concord-6 (12-2)
Bald Knob-2 (13-3)

The Bald Knob win ranks amongst the highest of wins for us over the last three seasons. They did lose some great players from last season but they still have a great team that could make yet another run in the playoffs.

littlec2964

BasketballNeverStops

April 08, 2017, 03:46:43 pm #42 Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 02:10:27 pm by BasketballNeverStops
Heber Springs Tournament
First Round
Concord-10 (13-2)
Bee Branch-1

Semifinals
Concord-4 (14-2)
Midland-3

Finals
Concord-10 (15-2)
Hazen-0

WHITEchicken

Concord over Bald Knob means they are legit. I have seen Taylor this year and they are good. Without seeing Scranton or concord play I had no way of knowing how good they are. If Concord beat the Knob and coach Finley they are going to be tough to beat in the tournament.

BasketballNeverStops

In 5 Innings
Concord-10 (16-2)
Bee Branch-0

CrazySacDad

White Chicken did you make Woodlawn JC game? Think Woodlawn won it 10 - 1 is that correct?

CrazySacDad

White Chicken did you make Woodlawn JC game? Think Woodlawn won it 10 - 1 is that correct?

WHITEchicken

No didn't make it. It's hard to find time to get down there and watch JC this year. That score seems right. I know Woodlawn won. Taking care of yourself these days? Surprised you weren't there.

CrazySacDad

Been working out of town a lot. Not getting to many games. Was glad JC/Woodlawn game stilled being played.

WHITEchicken

Yeah all of these games you have to play now because of blended conferences it makes it hard to schedule a lot of the historically great games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas