• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After 4 years...

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, November 28, 2016, 07:27:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you happy with the football program?

Heck yeah! CBB for President!
2 (9.5%)
He's is doing well...
3 (14.3%)
Average Job...
2 (9.5%)
Give him one more year...
2 (9.5%)
Get rid of some of the staff...
9 (42.9%)
Show him the door tomorrow...
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 08, 2016, 07:27:59 pm

cuckoobird

Ole rice has more deflections and spin moves than HRC at the NBA all star game

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 03:05:35 pm
I guess you are forced to reply to everything anyone says about the hogs, sorry I didn't realize that. You're a bigger troll than anyone on hear and honestly you remind me of a 4 yo. You start losing a debate and then will constantly change subjects and accuse someone of trolling. You're a riot!! I can't help but feel sorry for you

You changed the subject about 3 times on this thread alone, lol. I guess I'm guilty of following your lead on trolling, lol. As far as answering the responses, I once asked you why you didn't quote to whom your posts were addressed, you had some weak answer. I'll leave this one for you. I'm going to watch the game, have a good rest of the year.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on December 31, 2016, 03:10:24 pm
Uapb. Another sister school neutral site.

UAMS do the concessions?

cuckoobird

Bert can handle the concession as long as people are ok with paying for a $5 coke and only getting it half full

Trojanbird

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 02:58:37 pm
I don't know, how much has an in-state school offered to play? I don't make those decisions, and really what does that have to do with year 4? Are you trolling this topic? And lastly, we have discussed this topic forever, you seem to be the one who's had one too many elephant walks or parties to remember it. If you'd like to talk about the coaching staff or job without strawman posts, feel free, if not, find someone else.
I feel sorry for those that accept mediocrity and then try to defend it!

Iknewthemwhen

If Arkansas decides to replace BB, how much will it cost in $$$$?  He is paid a very high salary and didn't he just get a raise and an extension.  I'm thinking that was a for sure mistake, thought so when they did it.  Colleges in too big a hurry to reward mediocre results.  If they replace him who do we go after?  I think you spend to get a truly top 10 guy if you are serious about an opportunity to win the SEC and a shot at the National Title. I was supportive of him at first, cuz that's what you should do, but I haven't seen the kind of results that the paycheck warrants.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 03:20:36 pm
Bert can handle the concession as long as people are ok with paying for a $5 coke and only getting it half full

LMBO

Brian G

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 03:20:36 pm
Obv, you've never been to a game in Fayetteville,

They don't have Coke nor are they $5.00.

cuckoobird

Everything is coke to me, it's a southern thing that carpetbaggers wouldn't understand

Brian G

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 05:36:45 pm
Everything is coke to me, it's a southern thing that carpetbaggers wouldn't understand
That logic would be backwards.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 05:36:45 pm

Haha.... I don't drink soft drinks very much, but the times I do everything is "pop". It doesn't matter if it is Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Coke, or Pepsi. It is all pop to me.

cuckoobird

car·pet·bag·ger
ˈkärpətˌbaɡər/
nounderogatory
plural noun: carpetbaggers
a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.
historical
(in the US) a person from the northern states who went to the South after the Civil War to profit from the Reconstruction.
a person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.
"the organization is rife with carpetbaggers"

I'm sorry, how was i backward?

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 05:46:52 pm

a political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.
historical

Blanche Lincoln? She wasn't around Arkansas a whole lot after she made the big time. I guess she had forgot her roots....

cuckoobird

Here ya go BG for the southern slang part, like I stated and was accurate, a carpetbagger wouldn't understand.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_soft_drinks_in_the_United_States

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on December 31, 2016, 05:46:28 pm
Haha.... I don't drink soft drinks very much, but the times I do everything is "pop". It doesn't matter if it is Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Coke, or Pepsi. It is all pop to me.

Are you a Yankee? Now, everything is a coke to me.

cuckoobird

We found something to agree on rice but we're real southernors I guess

WPWells

I gave up cokes entirely.

Brian G

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 05:51:45 pm
Here ya go BG for the southern slang part, like I stated and was accurate, a carpetbagger wouldn't understand.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_soft_drinks_in_the_United_States
So after speaking specifically you're going with broad definitions? I'll keep that in mind.  You did use the capital "c".

The Coke change to Pepsi on the UA Campus was a huge deal. Jokes are still ongoing.

I'm a full southerner and to even hint Dr. Pepper is "Coke" is blasphemy.

But I'll note your loose vernacular for future conversations on this matter.

cuckoobird

Sorry that was probably siri correcting it for me. She's a carpetbagger too

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on December 31, 2016, 06:32:28 pm
So after speaking specifically you're going with broad definitions? I'll keep that in mind.  You did use the capital "c".

The Coke change to Pepsi on the UA Campus was a huge deal. Jokes are still ongoing.

I'm a full southerner and to even hint Dr. Pepper is "Coke" is blasphemy.

But I'll note your loose vernacular for future conversations on this matter.

Well, I grew up a coke was a carbonated beverage. I'll ask my kids if the want to stop at Sonic and get a coke, we'll order a Dr. Pepper, Root beer, Diet Coke, and usually, a Coca-Cola.

cuckoobird

A "full" southerner would know that rice, that's why I'm doubtful of his roots. Got to be some yankee in there somewhere not to know that

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 31, 2016, 06:52:38 pm
A "full" southerner would know that rice, that's why I'm doubtful of his roots. Got to be some yankee in there somewhere not to know that

My oldest just took a job in Chicago, I asked him why???? Of course, he's in L.A. on the beach this weekend at his girlfriend's parent's house, so he's not crazy.

cuckoobird

Bless your heart BG. You have to look that one up for yourself...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 11:15:47 am
I guess they should shoot all those race horses after their maiden race because they didn't win. Good thing no horse has ever won a race, or the Triple Crown because they didn't win recovery time out. I'd try a different analogy next time

You know he isn't going to fired, and about a 90-95% chance he's here for year 6. I guess you just like to argue about it. We aren't losing money, so we'll saddle up again and see what happens. In two years, it may be glue factory time, put the Roses around his neck, or he goes to another pasture on his own.
lol...you don't comprehend well do you...and you call people ignorant? I said after he doesn't produce...like after several races ya know...well it's been four seasons of races. You are the big frat boy know it all...I guess you and your opinion is the only one that matters. Like I said, your opinion matters no more or no less than mine or anyone's else's regardless of how much you think you are better than everyone else on this board...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 31, 2016, 09:02:47 pm
lol...you don't comprehend well do you...and you call people ignorant? I said after he doesn't produce...like after several races ya know...well it's been four seasons of races. You are the big frat boy know it all...I guess you and your opinion is the only one that matters. Like I said, your opinion matters no more or no less than mine or anyone's else's regardless of how much you think you are better than everyone else on this board...

You do know what a Maiden race is? It isn't their first race, it's for horses that haven't won a race yet. It couldn't be in their first year, or it could be in their fifth, speaking of ignorant.....You must really have low self-esteem to spend your time personally attacking my positions. I've never said my opinions were better than anyone's, now I assume like you, I believe in my opinions, thus the reason I stand by them. Try to have a good 2017, and if you don't like my opinions, don't read them, obviously they get your blood pressure up.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 06:56:55 pm
My oldest just took a job in Chicago, I asked him why???? Of course, he's in L.A. on the beach this weekend at his girlfriend's parent's house, so he's not crazy.
You are getting  D- in parenting Rice. Not for the job in Chicago but dating a girl whose parents live in Cali...... ugh... NADA...NOPE...Never. =)

BTW - I should by a Grandpa sometime in July. Getting soft in my old age. I think I will even let Mack keep posting after March Madness. Might even buy him a steak sometime. It is tough being a Razorback fan....might even pay for him to have desert.

fastdrop

January 01, 2017, 08:35:51 am #126 Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 08:39:11 am by fastdrop
oh and btw .... coaches matter. Bert doesn't have it. He does know the rules though. HA HA I think he was more proud of that than anything that happened in the first half. He called that rule brotha.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 01, 2017, 08:32:47 am
You are getting  D- in parenting Rice. Not for the job in Chicago but dating a girl whose parents live in Cali...... ugh... NADA...NOPE...Never. =)

BTW - I should by a Grandpa sometime in July. Getting soft in my old age. I think I will even let Mack keep posting after March Madness. Might even buy him a steak sometime. It is tough being a Razorback fan....might even pay for him to have desert.

Well, I don't think they are too serious, but he's more conservative than me, lol. She went to school at Cal-Berkley, no telling about her parents.......it would probably be a scene out of "Meet the Fockers".

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 01, 2017, 08:35:51 am
oh and btw .... coaches matter. Bert doesn't have it.

He has it for two more years, lol.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 08:38:56 am
He has it for two more years, lol.
lol. Gives me at least two more years to enjoy Hogville.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 01, 2017, 08:40:35 am
lol. Gives me at least two more years to enjoy Hogville.

Well, at your age, you deserve some enjoyment in life.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 08:43:49 am

Well, at your age, you deserve some enjoyment in life.
Yes and NO.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 08:17:07 am

You do know what a Maiden race is? It isn't their first race, it's for horses that haven't won a race yet. It couldn't be in their first year, or it could be in their fifth, speaking of ignorant.....You must really have low self-esteem to spend your time personally attacking my positions. I've never said my opinions were better than anyone's, now I assume like you, I believe in my opinions, thus the reason I stand by them. Try to have a good 2017, and if you don't like my opinions, don't read them, obviously they get your blood pressure up.
Dear lord you are dense...yes we all know what a maiden race is...what would that have to do with a horse that hasn't won in four years and is getting worse? And yes, it isn't just me...you think that you are right, your opinions are all that counts over everyone on here. You argue everyone's point. It's like you and CBB are brothers or something. If he makes a sharp left turn you will lose your nose...lol...and yes he is here for at least another year...that's not knowledge that only the great Rice knows. It's because of his buyout. Jeff Long your other brother screwed that one up. He as well needs to go...Keep enjoying mediocrity and your frat brothers grilling out, it seems to fit you well...same goes for me, if you don't like what I post then hit the ignore button... ;) ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 01, 2017, 09:40:00 am
Dear lord you are dense...yes we all know what a maiden race is...what would that have to do with a horse that hasn't won in four years and is getting worse? And yes, it isn't just me...you think that you are right, your opinions are all that counts over everyone on here. You argue everyone's point. It's like you and CBB are brothers or something. If he makes a sharp left turn you will lose your nose...lol...and yes he is here for at least another year...that's not knowledge that only the great Rice knows. It's because of his buyout. Jeff Long your other brother screwed that one up. He as well needs to go...Keep enjoying mediocrity and your frat brothers grilling out, it seems to fit you well...same goes for me, if you don't like what I post then hit the ignore button... ;) ;)

One last comment, it seems according to you, I'm not allowed to have my opinions, but you are? I comment on something when I disagree with it, much like others do, it's a message board. It would seem in your way of thinking, you would never respond to my posts, you know everyone says their bit? Only you try to insult with some little ditty you think is funny. I've got thick skin, you can't offend me no matter how many times you try.

nuttinbuthogs

UA needs to have a plan before they fire one of the average coaches if they hope to get a better one.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 01, 2017, 09:40:00 am
I would bet that Rice believes in moral victories and participation trophies! 

ricepig

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 01, 2017, 02:26:25 pm
I would bet that Rice believes in moral victories and participation trophies!

And you would continue to be a loser then!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 10:16:23 am
One last comment, it seems according to you, I'm not allowed to have my opinions, but you are? I comment on something when I disagree with it, much like others do, it's a message board. It would seem in your way of thinking, you would never respond to my posts, you know everyone says their bit? Only you try to insult with some little ditty you think is funny. I've got thick skin, you can't offend me no matter how many times you try.
You are too arrogant to know when you are being insulted...and yes, everyone should have an opinion. You though try and convince everyone that they are wrong with their thoughts...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 01, 2017, 03:42:49 pm
You are too arrogant to know when you are being insulted...and yes, everyone should have an opinion. You though try and convince everyone that they are wrong with their thoughts...

Well, yeah, you don't try to convince people with your posts where they are wrong, in your opinion? And I know when you try to insult me, I just ignore it, seems childish and takes away from the debate.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 03:59:17 pm
Well, yeah, you don't try to convince people with your posts where they are wrong, in your opinion? And I know when you try to insult me, I just ignore it, seems childish and takes away from the debate.

He has also tried to convince us a .500 coach playing in the SEC West with a 10-22 conference record who couldn't stop running his mouth for 2.5 years is good for the program moving forward....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on January 01, 2017, 04:00:59 pm
He has also tried to convince us a .500 coach playing in the SEC West with a 10-22 conference record who couldn't stop running his mouth for 2.5 years is good for the program moving forward....

Well, you aren't going to fire him for two years, so you better hope he moves it forward.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on January 01, 2017, 03:59:17 pm
There is a difference in offering your opinion and telling people they are morons for offering their opinion...you should try some tact...as for the insults...you sure don't seem to be ignoring them, you keep replying...

Brian G

Geez. I tried to let there be a conversation but knew better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas