• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest RB Cecil Langston

Started by redandgray, December 08, 2015, 12:25:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Qhcaoc

Blackman from Gosnell will play but really surprised Langston was not chosen I figured he was the best player in that conference.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2016, 07:35:56 am
There will be several that will not play in it, my guess is he will be added to the roster. I really didn't go over this East RB list, but it's hard to see how he was left off.

He is a good running back and had impressive numbers but the names on the east list there are at least 2 running backs that in my opinion are better than Langston so maybe by the time they got to him they didn't need a running back.

wynnefootballfan

Though it does'nt really make sense, it is not always the very best players only that are chosen. Each year there are players not picked that have been offered and accepted FB scholarships, go on to play college ball. While 2/3 of the players chosen have gotten very little or no attention from colleges at all.

Im not saying that it is the case here but over the years, I have had a few coaches give me the same reasons for there nominations. This player will play on Saturdays his career isnt over. This other player is a solid player and this is his last dance. " I paraphrased" Anyway, not saying its fair or that I agree but I do know some coaches look at it that way. Maybee some of that played in here.  Just a thought..

How long till kickoff?

OB11

Very happy for this young man.  Glad he is getting to continue his education and play a little football along the way.  Ouachita is getting a good one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas