• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Kansas State

Started by WPWells, December 06, 2015, 11:49:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 06, 2015, 11:49:49 pm
I'll say Arkansas 38-17
I am very surprised we didn't get a better opponent...I say Arkansas big...

VHSCoach2

I wonder if KSU fans "want a better opponent" now?

Longfellow

No secondary wants to play us, but every quarterback does

Redwolves8526

Kind of a let down in the quality of opponent. Kansas State barely got eligible. Arkansas should roll

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on December 07, 2015, 09:00:59 am
Kind of a let down in the quality of opponent. Kansas State barely got eligible. Arkansas should roll

We won one more game, lol. I realize we came on strong, but the Liberty Bowl with a 7-5 record is par for the standings. I've in some places that people are offended we aren't in the Sugar Bowl. As Bielema says, you earn what you get, we earned this spot.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2015, 10:55:13 am

We won one more game, lol. I realize we came on strong, but the Liberty Bowl with a 7-5 record is par for the standings. I've in some places that people are offended we aren't in the Sugar Bowl. As Bielema says, you earn what you get, we earned this spot.

I've seen that as well.  Third place in your own division doesn't warrant a Sugar Bowl appearance.

Now, if we had beaten Mississippi State and finished with a 6-2 conference record like Ole Miss (we would have finished second in the West based off the head-to-head tiebreaker), I could have seen a possible Sugar Bowl appearance, but even then it might not have happened.

bdubyab60

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 07, 2015, 11:18:53 am
Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2015, 10:55:13 am

I've seen that as well.  Third place in your own division doesn't warrant a Sugar Bowl appearance.

Now, if we had beaten Mississippi State and finished with a 6-2 conference record like Ole Miss (we would have finished second in the West based off the head-to-head tiebreaker), I could have seen a possible Sugar Bowl appearance, but even then it might not have happened.
And we were the ones that were barely bowl eligible last year. Not even ranked in the top 25 now. Bowls are about the entire season not just a season ending hot streak

Maybe we can put it all together next year and have a complete season

bdubyab60

Im sensing a little overconfidence in some Hog fans.

ricepig

beach bum

Blowout.... this is the last team I wanted to play. I would have rather played a "mid major" cause at least they would have played like it was their Super Bowl. Also, I would have loved a rematch with Texas Tech. That would have been a shootout and I think we would have won a tight one in that match up second time around.

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 07, 2015, 11:26:45 am
Im sensing a little overconfidence in some Hog fans.

We should be. Kansas State is terrible this year. If we can't go up and down the field on them then there is something wrong.

bdubyab60

Judging by their record and scores they are just like the Hogs. A few plays from winning a couple extra games and a couple of plays from not being bowl eligible. We may blow them out but Im not expecting it.

ON another note. Will JW get to play in the game.

WPWells

Arkansas opens as a 13-point favorite, the largest favorite of any bowl

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 07, 2015, 01:18:59 pm
Judging by their record and scores they are just like the Hogs. A few plays from winning a couple extra games and a couple of plays from not being bowl eligible. We may blow them out but Im not expecting it.

I don't think so, Bielema stated in his PC the other day that they started to put JWill at the back of the victory formation in the Mizzou game, but passed on it. I think he's concentrating on the Sr bowl.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2015, 03:32:58 pm

I don't think so, Bielema stated in his PC the other day that they started to put JWill at the back of the victory formation in the Mizzou game, but passed on it. I think he's concentrating on the Sr bowl.
That sucks. Was hoping to get to see him one last time in person. Would be nice though

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 07, 2015, 05:16:52 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2015, 03:32:58 pm

That sucks. Was hoping to get to see him one last time in person. Would be nice though

Who knows, he may trying to hoodwink ole Snyder!!

minerjack

I wanted to see us play West Virginia.  K-State?  Been there.  Done that.

Lions84

Hogs should blow the door off K-State.  36-12

fastdrop

K. State and the Hogs were all over Bass Pro tonight. Guess the players enjoyed Bass Pro ..... Amazing store.

I am one to think only 3 bowl games really mean anything this year but seeing the kids out having a good time seems like a nice reward for all of their hard work.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on December 29, 2015, 10:19:08 pm
K. State and the Hogs were all over Bass Pro tonight. Guess the players enjoyed Bass Pro ..... Amazing store.

I am one to think only 3 bowl games really mean anything this year but seeing the kids out having a good time seems like a nice reward for all of their hard work.

Did they buy anything?

Lumberjackfan1978

beach bum

Hogs 45 Kansas State 13...... BORING like 3/4 of college bowl games!

fastdrop

I think your percentages are a tad low. 9 out of 10 have stunk so far. 

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2015, 10:16:05 am

Did they buy anything?
all the back packs they were wearing I couldn't tell if they were buying anything or just was able to stuff their back packs as full as they could get them on the house.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 01, 2016, 04:31:02 pm

Did they buy anything?
all the back packs they were wearing I couldn't tell if they were buying anything or just was able to stuff their back packs as full as they could get them on the house.

I think they had a free shopping spree there, nice for them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 07, 2015, 01:30:41 pm
Arkansas opens as a 13-point favorite, the largest favorite of any bowl

I'm not sure I agree with this line....k state has only been blown out once, and lost by 2 tds to one other school. They might be the "moral victory" champs this year, with how close they played tcu, okie lite, and baylor...

Lionheart88

Quote from: fastdrop on January 01, 2016, 04:31:02 pm

Did they buy anything?
I believe I heard they were each given a gift card worth about $50.  Could be wrong.

bdubyab60

I still expect this game to be closer than the line. Could be wrong.

VHSCoach2

Hogs will be sporting chrome-red helmets with silver logos for this one.

bdubyab60

New helmets look sweet out here in the sun

bdubyab60

Don't know if he's playing but JWill is in pads folks.

Romeo

Chrome helmets... make them permanent?

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on January 01, 2016, 01:59:02 pm

Not too terribly far off here....

bdubyab60

Quote from: Romeo on January 02, 2016, 05:42:53 pm
they looked great, would like to see them more often. Great game by the Hogs. AC what a game if it's his last one.

Great to see JWill get in the game even though he didn't get run a play, well deserved for that young man. Hope he shows out in the senior game.

Besides the early int BA was on point again.

Big get in the recruiting department today as well. Whaley should be a good addition and hopefully fill in for the guys leaving.

Hope Reed is ok. Read somewhere that he was in the locker room after the game.

Great day to be a Razorback fan,

AirWarren

Yes. That flat matte look is terrible compared to these.

fastdrop

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 02, 2016, 08:59:14 pm
they looked great, would like to see them more often. Great game by the Hogs. AC what a game if it's his last one.

Great to see JWill get in the game even though he didn't get run a play, well deserved for that young man. Hope he shows out in the senior game.

Big get in the recruiting department today as well. Whaley should be a good addition and hopefully fill in for the guys leaving.

I know 18 people that are Hog fans that have never had the opportunity to see the Hogs play in person that attended the game yesterday. I kept sending them text all week like you better wear purple, etc etc. They had a great time!!! If you look at attendance and how much fun everyone had I don't know why the Hogs would not want to be in that bowl every 4 years. Unless you have a shot at the ring.

fastdrop

Quote from: AirWarren on January 02, 2016, 09:14:21 pm

Yes. That flat matte look is terrible compared to these.
Looked like a Christmas ornament but I like Christmas. The Tigers have had these helmets for 3 years now. Glad you guys have stepped up a bit.

fastdrop

Quote from: beach bum on January 02, 2016, 05:56:15 pm
Quote from: beach bum on January 01, 2016, 01:59:02 pm

Not too terribly far off here....
Except it wasn't boring for 50,000 or so Hog fans that were there. TV yep ..... I went with the wife to take back Cloths that didn't fit after halfway through the second QTR.

Whew!!!!!!! If the winner of the bowl games got to play until they lose to declare a National Champion ---- Man, The excitement would be hitting a new gear this week.

WPWells

This was my first time attending a bowl game. I've seen the Hogs several times in Fayetteville, but I've never made it to a bowl. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget

bdubyab60

Quote from: fastdrop on January 03, 2016, 07:35:30 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 02, 2016, 08:59:14 pm

I know 18 people that are Hog fans that have never had the opportunity to see the Hogs play in person that attended the game yesterday. I kept sending them text all week like you better wear purple, etc etc. They had a great time!!! If you look at attendance and how much fun everyone had I don't know why the Hogs would not want to be in that bowl every 4 years. Unless you have a shot at the ring.
Its basically a he game for Hog fans. Crowd was at minimum 70/30 Hog fans.

Getting out of there afterwards, you need some patience for sure. They have really cleaned the area up around the stadium.

8 dollar beers man I think the forum is cheaper

sevenof400

Quote from: fastdrop on January 03, 2016, 07:42:08 am
Except it wasn't boring for 50,000 or so Hog fans that were there. TV yep ..... I went with the wife to take back Cloths that didn't fit after halfway through the second QTR.

Whew!!!!!!! If the winner of the bowl games got to play until they lose to declare a National Champion ---- Man, The excitement would be hitting a new gear this week.

Going a bit retro there aren't you Fastdrop?   ;D

WPWells

Biggest complaint about the stadium was the severe lack of cell service anywhere close to the stadium

ricepig

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 03, 2016, 11:14:52 am
Biggest complaint about the stadium was the severe lack of cell service anywhere close to the stadium

I have Verizon and had service all game, except when I tried to get on the ESPN app to watch the hit on Reed. The guy next to me also was Verizon and had service too. My youngest son has AT+T and had limited service during the game.

WPWells

Lionheart88

BrianfromCarlisle

Lions84

Solid win by the Hogs and it was way warmer than the EC game under Bobby a few years ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas