• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Junior High

Started by intruder, November 06, 2013, 09:21:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Scratch that....they ran it then!

~WPS~

Hanson to Pettway 24 yard TD

Nashville 30
Waldron 0

7:54 2nd Q

~WPS~

I'm a little surprised at the amount of passing. That hasn't really been a strength this year.

DerekOxford

Ty going to be better than LaMichael? I'm safe in assuming they're brothers, right?

~WPS~

Yep they're brothers. I'm not so sure but he could be. He isn't as physical as his brother was in 9th grade. But he will still be very good once he develops in high school.

~WPS~

Hanson to Pettway 9 yard TD

Nashville 38
Waldron 0

1:31 2nd Q

DogsWin7

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 09, 2014, 07:24:46 pm
I'm a little surprised at the amount of passing. That hasn't really been a strength this year.

I find that statement hard to believe.   Very skilled team.   They run the same screen plays about 3-4 times and then run.   

~WPS~

Downfield passing is what has been the struggle. They've been consistent on the screens.

~WPS~

Nashville 38
Waldron 0
Halftime

DogsWin7

RAC yards Nashville has probably over a 100yds.   

DogsWin7

They are good at around 5 to 10 yd pass but I haven't seen many downfield passes yet over that.   Still a well coached team.   You have talent coming up!:)

DogsWin7

Waldron called and in my opinion and wasted a time out after they had a delay game penalty called?!?!   A little late on the time out! Lol!! 

~WPS~

Waldron has been able to move the ball some just nothing to show for it.

~WPS~

Nashville 44
Waldron 6
Final

35 straight wins

DogsWin7

Congrats on your win....safe travels:)

~WPS~

Thanks. Good luck to Waldron the rest of the year!

Hoggy

Quote from: DerekOxford on October 09, 2014, 07:27:29 pm
Ty going to be better than LaMichael? I'm safe in assuming they're brothers, right?
Nope not even close

~WPS~

Nashville 36
Ashdown 6

Nashville 36 straight wins

Bigbossman

Quote from: Hoggy on October 09, 2014, 10:41:27 pm
Quote from: DerekOxford on October 09, 2014, 07:27:29 pm
Nope not even close
I can't speak to how close they are......but infact he was correct in his assumption of them being brothers.

~WPS~

Nashville 22
Mena 14

Nashville 37 straight wins

hawgfan15

Nashville 44

Arkadelphia 32

The Scrappers finish the season undefeated for the 4th year in a row. 38 straight wins!

jking7

Congrats to them!! Going undefeated is something but 4 years in a row!

Sick Dog

Get on AAAA board or start a new Nashville Board for yourselves. Hey how about Junction City. They have open dates go get some of them. .............oh I can't hear you?

polksalet

Nashville 7th grade lost one game, to hot springs. They even beat the 8th grade team pretty soundly. I don't know how to evaluate 12 as 13 year old but they're loaded with speed and many very large lineman. My kid is bigger than the biggest kid on any Of those we played and there are half a dozen bigger than him.

~WPS~

Nashville begins the season tonight against Hot Springs. Going for 39 consecutive.

PrivateLesson

They are a scary good group.   Good luck with your streak.   

~WPS~

September 03, 2015, 05:11:27 pm #76 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:35:39 pm by Ballplayer1
Thanks

hawgfan15

The junior Scrappers defeat the Hot Springs Trojans 28-12.

39 game win streak!

KOJACK

Prescott is coming to town next Thursday. Gonna try to end that streak again... Curley cubs got Gurdon tonight 38-0. Should be a real good game. Our 6'5 qb is out but our backup is pretty salty.

hawgfan15

Quote from: KOJACK on September 03, 2015, 10:18:17 pm
Prescott is coming to town next Thursday. Gonna try to end that streak again... Curley cubs got Gurdon tonight 38-0. Should be a real good game. Our 6'5 qb is out but our backup is pretty salty.

Im sure it will be a good game this year. This is supposed to be a down year/class for us but no one has told this group that yet. They have a few really good players.

I have heard a lot of good things about Prescott's 9th grade group especially in basketball. 6'5 kid huh?

BTW I will be at a few Prescott senior high games this year. Pretty close to a few of the kids on the team. Should be a lot of fun at least the next two seasons.

~WPS~

Maybe one of these days these two will play in high school again. Sure would be better than playing Watson Chapel.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on September 03, 2015, 10:52:35 pm
Maybe one of these days these two will play in high school again. Sure would be better than playing Watson Chapel.

Yeah it is a shame we don't play Prescott anymore.

~WPS~

Nashville 42
Prescott 6

40 straight wins!

~WPS~

Nashville 48
Hope 12

41 game win streak

PrivateLesson

They keep Rollin ' !   Good Job.

~WPS~

Nashville 42
Ashdown 18

42 game win streak

~WPS~

Nashville 36
Fountain Lake 8

43 consecutive wins

mtindian42

Wow... Is that the same coach? If so someone needs to grab that guy...

~WPS~

October 01, 2015, 09:23:33 pm #88 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:31:05 pm by Ballplayer1
Coach Rick Baker. Been at Nashville for around 15 years as the Jr. High football coach and Sr. High track coach. Heck of a track coach and not too shabby at football either.  Nashville's Jr. High offensive coordinator is Kyle Slayton, the Sr. High baseball coach. He's another good one. I don't see those 2 leaving Nashville anytime soon.

mtindian42

Hey ball player thanks for the input...what style of play dose he run?

~WPS~

Spread offense. Similar to the Sr. High team with a few kinks.

mtindian42

What he is doing is impressive...

~WPS~

For sure. They're running a great program.

~WPS~

What makes this run even more impressive to me is the quality of competition. They have played teams such as Arkansas High, Lake Hamilton, Magnolia, El Dorado, and Hot Springs.

mtindian42

Yea that's some nice wins...you think he will ever leave for a hs job if offered.

~WPS~

Coach Baker is in his mid 50s and I think he's probably content with retiring at Nashville. I'm not sure about Coach Slayton. He's a great baseball coach so that's probably his first priority. Both seem to be happy where they are.

mtindian42

Nashville allways has that one kid to be on the look out for... Who are some stand outs on this team?

~WPS~

This year there isn't really a dominant player like Pettway or Hopkins were. But they've got quite a few good players. T.K. Hopkins, yes another Hopkins, plays RB and is fun to watch. QB Moorer and receivers Gilliam and Medina are also good.

mtindian42

Could you see this team possibly bringing home another title to Nashville?

~WPS~

It's very possible. Of course it's possible every year. The 8th grade team this year is loaded. The current 11th and 12th graders were two of the better Jr. High teams I've seen and there is a good chance for Nashville to win it all this year. I'd say in 3-4 years it's looking good again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas