• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tables

Started by LJ06, October 05, 2013, 05:48:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Trying to do neat and lined up tables for conference standings. How can I do this?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: LJ06 on October 05, 2013, 05:48:08 pm
Trying to do neat and lined up tables for conference standings. How can I do this?
Click on the yellow forum tab and click help. There is a step by step explanation. It is a tedious process until you get an understanding of it.

LJ06

sevenof400

LJ06,

If you would like to see an example, click here then quote the original post. 

Basically, the three SMF tags you need to be the most familiar with are
table
td and
tr

Click on each one to see the SMF forum page for each command. 

HorseFeathers

Been using these for teh past couple of months...why the heck is the default text color white?

sevenof400

HF,

That change occurred a couple of FF updates ago and I believe the source of the change was a SMF update.  FF uses SMF as its operating platform and when a SMF update was released about a year or so ago, the default text for table entries switched from black to white.

One work around I have used is to bold table entries - the bold tags are much shorter than the color tags and when used in a table entry, the bold tags produce black text.   

Douglas could confirm this with much more certainty than I can though.....

If I do find a better solution to this, I will post it here. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 17, 2013, 07:45:59 am
HF,

That change occurred a couple of FF updates ago and I believe the source of the change was a SMF update.  FF uses SMF as its operating platform and when a SMF update was released about a year or so ago, the default text for table entries switched from black to white.

One work around I have used is to bold table entries - the bold tags are much shorter than the color tags and when used in a table entry, the bold tags produce black text.   

Douglas could confirm this with much more certainty than I can though.....

If I do find a better solution to this, I will post it here. 

Thanks...just did 3 classes of boys and girls basketball conference standings in table format. Using the color tag, gets a bit old. Is there at least a way I can do it without having to put it in for every single cell?

My simple fix to the team names was use team colors, but I resorted to copy and paste, and now I have to go back and fix those colors...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas