• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Hill Boys Coach job opening

Started by BigBob, March 15, 2017, 10:28:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ReddieOrNot

I also heard that a coach from Texarkana is in the mix for the job. He coached at North Heights I believe and did great job this year. Kids respected him and always played hard.

BigBob

that1guy2110

I hope y'all don't take either of the junior high coaches from us. Camden Fairview that is. However it would be crazy to not give them a chance somewhere. I've met one of them once and the other 3 or 4 times. If your right and it's the one from emmitt y'all better jump on him early

old.dole

Any more news on this one yet over in bear country?

BigBob

Should know by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

redbear90

I'd be very surprised if tw doesn't get the job.

PapaHog

Anybody hearing a name on this hire? Interviews should probably be done.

old.dole

Rumor has it they finished up yesterday. Maybe they won't make us wait until next week. Someone from the area surely has heard something though.

FisherOfMen11

Im sure they will contact their guy today if they have finished interviews to allow him time to think about it and them time if that coach turns it down to contact another coach before next week

PapaHog

Well somebody needs to do some digging and find something out! We are on edge here! Hopeful for a good basketball hire.

BigBob

I'd be shocked if they didn't go with Tyler Welch. I know they want to hire local.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigBob on April 06, 2017, 12:16:17 pm
I'd be shocked if they didn't go with Tyler Welch. I know they want to hire local.

Where is Tyler from and where has he been coaching?

old.dole

Assistant down at Fairview. Been pulling double duty as varsity assistant and head 9th grade

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 06, 2017, 12:22:52 pm
Assistant down at Fairview. Been pulling double duty as varsity assistant and head 9th grade

LOL double duty. Isn't that the norm. If he's hired at Spring Hill then he will know what triple duty is between assistant football, head jr high, and head sr high basketball.

old.dole

It's a little different at 5a schools. I'm sure he was doing football there as well. And 2a plays they junior high the same night as the high school. He had 4 games a week at Fairview.

BigBob

They interviewed their top 3. All are outstanding men, and coaches. Spring Hill boys basketball will be back on the scene. Hope to see Standing room only for their games like you see for the girls games.

bluebear

Yeah when that one sided gym is packed it's one of the best atmospheres around, unless you are a Ref.

old.dole

PapaHog

Willing to bet somebody knows something by Monday. Don't think they have offered any of the 3 that interviewed the other day yet.

CoachWhoever

Late to the party on this one. I see a hire should be made start of the week. Anybody hearing anything?

old.dole

People in the know are talking send like. I haven't anything since Thursday or friday

basketballcoach15

If the interviews were last week then they should have a choice by tomorrow or Tuesday. You would think they have called their top choice already to give him the weekend.

PapaHog

Well I know at least 2 of the so called "top 3" haven't been offered. May have gone a different direction on this one.

old.dole

I've heard they are going with a guy who is bff with the girls coach. That's from an unreliable source so I hadn't put much stock in it

basketballcoach15

If you know of two top candidates then the call will be made in the morning. Who are these candidates you know of?

PapaHog

Well I don't know for sure. I'm just going off of what's been put on here. The guy from Heights and the guy from Camden apparently haven't been offered. I was never told they were top picks. Just reading it on here and asking around.

basketballcoach15

I know of a head coach who interviewed last week that has not been mentioned. That is why I asked.     

CoachWhoever

Who is that? Do you know when he interviewed?

BigBob

Quote from: basketballcoach15 on April 09, 2017, 07:28:22 pm
I know of a head coach who interviewed last week that has not been mentioned. That is why I asked.   
is it the Gosnell coach? Or Caddo Hills?

basketballcoach15

I heard something about the Gosnell coach. The Caddo coach applied? I thought he was contacted by some people in the community.

BigBob

He did apply. I'm hearing a few things about the gosnell coach as well. Guess we'll see tonight

basketballcoach15

What all have you heard about them? Are those the top 2? Wonder why he would leave Caddo Hills after one year.

PapaHog

Well I'm sure if there is talk this close to the board meeting, then he is probably your guy.

basketballcoach15

Surely they have made calls on this one.

old.dole

What times this meeting tonight guys?

PapaHog

basketballcoach15

I have not heard anything. Have they made their decision and is it public yet?

ReddieOrNot

From what I'm hearing they have left the position open to continue more interviews.

basketballcoach15

Must have someone in mind that did not interview.

PapaHog

AirItOut21

Was it the Gosnell head coach or assistant coach that applied for this job? I just saw where Gosnell has an opening for a head basketball coach now.

Missco

It was the jr. high coach that applied for the Springhill job.

AirItOut21

Quote from: Missco on April 12, 2017, 11:55:02 am
It was the jr. high coach that applied for the Springhill job.

Got ya, interesting.

old.dole

Still nothing huh. Surely a decision will be made this week

Missco

I heard that he turned it down but who knows.

PapaHog

Don't know if he turned it down or just withdrew his name before, but he certainly didn't want it.

PapaHog

Guarantee he gets the head job at Gosnell now.

BigBob

April 12, 2017, 01:52:46 pm #97 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:50:49 pm by BigBob
We will know by tomorrow night. Down to two guys. Tyler Welch and Jeremy Williams. Not sure who the Williams guy is. He once coached at trinity? Played ball at Wickes? Anyone know anything on him?

CoachWhoever

Lol Williams?! He did coach at Trinity. Not sure why he thinks getting back into coaching is a good idea.

BigBob

Quote from: CoachWhoever on April 12, 2017, 02:19:17 pm
Lol Williams?! He did coach at Trinity. Not sure why he thinks getting back into coaching is a good idea.
can you enlighten us on why that is?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas