• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The future of Camden fairview

Started by war cardinals, November 27, 2014, 07:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

war cardinals

So seems CF was a little down this year finishing 8-4 what kind of talent is in line coming up and will their ever be teams we saw from 2006,2007,2009,2010,2011 and 2012

spongebob

November 27, 2014, 07:49:17 am #1 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:55:04 am by spongebob
No, the years of playing in state championship games and the semifinals annually are over. Get used to fighting for the 3rd or 4th seed in the conference and going on the road for the playoffs and getting blown out like last week. I'm not being negative. That's just how I see it unfolding from here on out

war cardinals

I saw a lot of poor coaching decisions this year I'm not a fan of shuffling QBs all night Byron Keaton should have been the QB all year

spongebob

Quote from: war cardinals on November 27, 2014, 08:16:40 am
I saw a lot of poor coaching decisions this year I'm not a fan of shuffling QBs all night Byron Keaton should have been the QB all year
It's very difficult to chase receivers all night playing CB and still have energy in the 2nd half to play QB too.

wildboy44

4 to 5 wins per year will be a successful year.

Wonderdog

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 27, 2014, 01:45:23 pm
4 to 5 wins per year will be a successful year.
I don't think i am falling for this one....

wildboy44

spongebob

Is it a coincidence that the former OC and DC at CF are still alive and kicking in the playoffs? I know it's a different classification, etc but they adjusted and worked with what they had to work with.

wildboy44

Quote from: spongebob on November 27, 2014, 10:40:54 pm
Is it a coincidence that the former OC and DC at CF are still alive and kicking in the playoffs? I know it's a different classification, etc but they adjusted and worked with what they had to work with.
No, its not a coincidence. Malvern looks like C.F.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

The Greenwood commentators weren't cutting Buck any slack last week during live stream.  When we (Eldo) were ahead, they mounted a nice drive to score. One of the commentators said maybe they could come back like they had in past against CFV.  The other said "Not a chance, that isn't James Buck on the other sideline this time".  SMH. Where did he go by the way

The_Pioneer

Hey, it's not the off season yet.  Save these threads till then.

spongebob

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 27, 2014, 11:48:25 pm
The Greenwood commentators weren't cutting Buck any slack last week during live stream.  When we (Eldo) were ahead, they mounted a nice drive to score. One of the commentators said maybe they could come back like they had in past against CFV.  The other said "Not a chance, that isn't James Buck on the other sideline this time".  SMH. Where did he go by the way
I'll take losing in the last seconds of the state championship game to getting mercy-ruled in the 2nd round anytime. Remind me of the last time Buck was beat by 35+? He's at LR Christian as an offensive line coach.

spongebob

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 28, 2014, 06:03:41 am
Hey, it's not the off season yet.  Save these threads till then.
It's basketball season here in Camden

whippersnapper

Some complain about an 8-4 quarterfinal appearance. You'll be begging for 8-4 when you go 2-8. Be proud of the season you had. Cox is a good coach and will keep Fairview in the playoffs.

spongebob

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 28, 2014, 01:09:03 pm
Some complain about an 8-4 quarterfinal appearance. You'll be begging for 8-4 when you go 2-8. Be proud of the season you had. Cox is a good coach and will keep Fairview in the playoffs.
I'm curious what you saw at any of the 12 games this year that makes you so optimistic?

razorcardsfan11

Fairview will be lucky to make the playoffs the next few years

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on November 27, 2014, 08:27:13 am
Quote from: war cardinals on November 27, 2014, 08:16:40 am
It's very difficult to chase receivers all night playing CB and still have energy in the 2nd half to play QB too.

That's why they should have brought Josiah Hamilton in to play CB and let Byron Keaton concentrate on QB.

Youngsta71701

November 29, 2014, 06:08:00 am #17 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:10:45 am by Youngsta71701

The only thing that will keep Fairview in the playoffs is pure talent and athletes. Coach Cox's playbook look's like a Pee Wee playbook. Just snap the ball to one of the best athletes and let him take off. No structure what so ever! No rhyme or reason! No play to set up another play! Run the ball on the 1st and 2nd and if we don't pick up yards pass the ball on the 3rd and long when everybody in the stadium know we have to pass the ball! Just as vanilla as can be! Where is the pass or play-action pass on 1st or 2nd down? And don't let me get on the run blocking schemes! Oh my God! And the DC! Why would you not keep at least one safety deep on every play against PA! Every time we took our safety out of the middle to cover a slot guy they went deep down the middle! Cover the slot guys with your underneath coverage and keep at least one safety deep! Have the MLB spy the QB if he even thinks about moving in the pocket go get em! Wow! I guess that's rocket science! If I have to watch this for many more years I will pull my hair out!

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 29, 2014, 06:08:00 am

The only thing that will keep Fairview in the playoffs is pure talent and athletes. Coach Cox's playbook look's like a Pee Wee playbook. Just snap the ball to one of the best athletes and let him take off. No structure what so ever! No rhyme or reason! No play to set up another play! Run the ball on the 1st and 2nd and if we don't pick up yards pass the ball on the 3rd and long when everybody in the stadium know we have to pass the ball! Just as vanilla as can be! Where is the pass or play-action pass on 1st or 2nd down? And don't let me get on the run blocking schemes! Oh my God! And the DC! Why would you not keep at least one safety deep on every play against PA! Every time we took our safety out of the middle to cover a slot guy they went deep down the middle! Cover the slot guys with your underneath coverage and keep at least one safety deep! Have the MLB spy the QB if he even thinks about moving in the pocket go get em! Wow! I guess that's rocket science! If I have to watch this for many more years I will pull my hair out!

^^^^^^^

whippersnapper

Cox I'm pretty sure has had 1 losing season as a HC. Clearly a bad coach. You the Fairview fans were spoiled with what Coach James did there and now if you don't go 11-12 wins every year its a disappointment. Tell me this how much of a power was Fairview before James?... Exactly. You had a great coach and now he is gone. Then hire the best coach not to win a state championship. And want his head. Now as for X's and O's each coach has their game plans and philosophies. Maybe he will make some adjustments this off season how would you know?

spongebob

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 29, 2014, 09:46:41 am
Cox I'm pretty sure has had 1 losing season as a HC. Clearly a bad coach. You the Fairview fans were spoiled with what Coach James did there and now if you don't go 11-12 wins every year its a disappointment. Tell me this how much of a power was Fairview before James?... Exactly. You had a great coach and now he is gone. Then hire the best coach not to win a state championship. And want his head. Now as for X's and O's each coach has their game plans and philosophies. Maybe he will make some adjustments this off season how would you know?
Coaching staff had all summer and all year to make adjustments and did nothing that showed up on the field . If anything, they got worse as a team as the year progressed. They played their best the first 5 games in my opinion. I am asking you how you know he is such a great coach? Don't go by his past record, tell me what you know personally to back up your opinion?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 29, 2014, 09:46:41 am

You just made my point with this statement. And by the way. This is not the 2A or the 4A. You have to actually coach, game plan, and make adjustments to win consistently in the 5A. Not saying coaches in the lower classifications don't do those things. Because the best ones do.

wing

Quote from: spongebob on November 28, 2014, 06:41:07 am
I'll take losing in the last seconds of the state championship game to getting mercy-ruled in the 2nd round anytime. Remind me of the last time Buck was beat by 35+? He's at LR Christian as an offensive line coach.

Since you are asking, PA in 06 I believe. Also in 2nd round. ;D

spongebob

Quote from: wing on November 29, 2014, 10:53:28 am
Quote from: spongebob on November 28, 2014, 06:41:07 am

Since you are asking, PA in 06 I believe. Also in 2nd round. ;D
I knew someone would remember. So once in 2006? So 8 years ago or about 90-95 games ago?

spongebob

wildboy44

Quote from: spongebob on November 30, 2014, 12:14:47 pm
Well I see Malvern won again smh
Not only did they win...they looked like Camden Fairview while doing it.

spongebob

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 30, 2014, 07:49:38 pm
I'm not surprised. Good coaches are hard to come by. I don't blame Malvern for scooping both of them up when they had the chance.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on November 30, 2014, 08:35:35 pm
Quote from: wildboy44 on November 30, 2014, 07:49:38 pm
I'm not surprised. Good coaches are hard to come by. I don't blame Malvern for scooping both of them up when they had the chance.

Yeah, it's too bad our athletic department don't recognize good coaches when they see them. Oh by the way did I mention that coach rogers was gone also!

AirWarren

I think everyone needs to settle down in Camden. 8-4 with a new coach is not bad at all. Give coach Cox some time and he will win there. Heck, he already did this year..8 games. Most programs would be happy with 8 wins. Give him time.

spongebob

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 09:16:30 am
I think everyone needs to settle down in Camden. 8-4 with a new coach is not bad at all. Give coach Cox some time and he will win there. Heck, he already did this year..8 games. Most programs would be happy with 8 wins. Give him time.
How do you know that? We had a staff here that was winning 11 to 14 games a year and the administration(Supt, AD, Board) ran them off! Some of us just liked it the way it was.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 09:30:36 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 09:16:30 am
How do you know that? We had a staff here that was winning 11 to 14 games a year and the administration(Supt, AD, Board) ran them off! Some of us just liked it the way it was.

+10,000...Most of us liked it the way it was. That's the frustrating part. If it isn't broke don't fix it!

spongebob

December 01, 2014, 10:00:48 am #31 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:05:40 am by spongebob
In 2012, that coaching staff took an athlete with an average arm, very little running skills, and less than average height and made him into the mvp of the state championship game. Now, he was football-smart which overcame a lot of the things he just wasn't born with. I can't point out one player this year that improved. Especially at the qb position. And I don't blame it on the kids. They have to be taught. AirWarren , can you tell me ONE player who got better?

spongebob

And how many coaching staffs leave an injured player on the bench when the game is over and leave his parents and PA staff to get him to his car?

AirWarren

Have you Camden people taken into consideration that it could be a talent cycle?

spongebob

December 01, 2014, 10:28:37 am #34 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:31:19 am by spongebob
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:22:23 am
Have you Camden people taken into consideration that it could be a talent cycle?
In my opinion, there is a lot more talent graduating than coming back next year. Most of the guys graduating played major roles when they lost in the semis at Batesville last year.

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:28:37 am
In my opinion, there is a lot more talent graduating than coming back next year.

In all respect, Camden was so good when they had solid Defensive and Offensive lines. This year, I did not see that like in the previous years. They were good, but they were better in the several years past.

spongebob

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:30:29 am
In my opinion, there is a lot more talent graduating than coming back next year.

In all respect, Camden was so good when they had solid Defensive and Offensive lines. This year, I did not see that like in the previous years. They were good, but they were better in the several years past.
Can't you say that about every high school in the state?

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:33:04 am

So what is the Camden faithful griping about? If you agree talent comes in cycles and that every year won't be a 10-11 win season?

Youngsta71701

December 01, 2014, 10:40:36 am #38 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:42:49 am by Youngsta71701

Even during the years we had some of our worst offensive and defensive linemen we still won 10 plus games. If a spread offense is ran the right way you don't need great offensive line. And great coaching and putting your players in the right place can make up for an average defensive line.

Uncle Ivan

Even when its talent was in an up cycle, it still had to overcome the coaching.

Only once did it do this.

spongebob

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:39:00 am

So what is the Camden faithful griping about? If you agree talent comes in cycles and that every year won't be a 10-11 win season?
I'm saying this was a very talented class that is graduating.

spongebob

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 10:44:53 am

Being in the semis or finals every year sure beats a first round exit. Wynne should know

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:45:03 am

One thing that CF had during those great years were DEPTH. Did those seniors have quality behind them? The years yall played in the state title games and the one you guys won, you guys were loaded from 9th to 12th. If those guys were all yall had, then yes they were going to struggle. That's ok though. Yall won 8 games with limited depth and one talented grade. I would take it.

Youngsta71701

December 01, 2014, 10:54:07 am #43 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:00:36 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:46:35 am

Being in the semis or finals every year sure beats a first round exit. Wynne should know

Every time. Not only that. There's also the eye test. The coaching this year didn't pass the eye test at all. We didn't even do the things they teach in coaching 101. On offense or defense. We took a couple of steps backwards to be honest.

Loyalfan1

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:51:14 am

One thing that CF had during those great years were DEPTH. Did those seniors have quality behind them? The years yall played in the state title games and the one you guys won, you guys were loaded from 9th to 12th. If those guys were all yall had, then yes they were going to struggle. That's ok though. Yall won 8 games with limited depth and one talented grade. I would take it.

How are the younger CF fb teams this year?  JV, 9th, 8th, 7th?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 01, 2014, 10:55:16 am

We have speed as usual but don't have much size. That's the reason we need to run a true spread offense. To get our athletes the ball in space so we won't have to rely on our offensive linemen.

spongebob

You never answered my highlighted question. Why is CF going to win under the current coaching staff?

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 01, 2014, 11:02:16 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 01, 2014, 10:55:16 am

We have speed as usual but don't have much size. That's the reason we need to run a true spread offense. To get our athletes the ball in space so we won't have to rely on our offensive linemen.
You cant run a spread offense if you know nothing about it

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:46:35 am

Four, soon to be five state titles renders that opinion moot.  Fairview wouldn't know.

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:02:40 am

You never answered my highlighted question. Why is CF going to win under the current coaching staff?

That I cannot predict. It will all be up to kids buying into the system that Cox has. If not, he will be gone and the coaching death carousel will hit CF. And I would hate for that to happen. A coach cannot come into a team and in ONE YEAR turn it into a state title team overnight. I think I know two coaches in our division that did that. (Bo Hembree, Billy Dawson). Cox has a huge winning record at Bearden and he won at Hamburg. I think he knows how to coach.

It will all come down to personnel, talent cycles, and depth for a 5A team. If that isn't the answer your're looking for, then I guess I will never persuade you. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas