• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne at Maumelle

Started by JacketDad, November 15, 2014, 08:51:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

Hey my pick Wynne 28 maumelle 17 and don't forget look up in the left hand corner just right under the name TMYCJY

saywhatsaywhat

November 18, 2014, 06:20:58 am #51 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:23:12 am by saywhatsaywhat
Is that Mud stuff still  surrounding the field  like shown in the picture???

Overdahill

Unless maumelle wins the turnover margin it will be Wynne big. They got their wake up call at batesville and will be ready

mijally

JacketDad

Question:  Since Maumelles "stadium" only has seats on one side, have there been any issues of rowdy fans becoming unruly with the opposing teams fans?

Blazer51

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 17, 2014, 03:07:48 pm
Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2014, 02:23:06 pm
In my opinion the defense is key in this, Wynnes defense is gonna swarm them, maumelles defense has been solid but coach Hill will take what they give and then make em pay for gambling, Maumelles offense didnt impress me as a championship offense, they are big up front, thats true. IMO Wynne rolls in town and shows them what a championship level team looks like. I think itll be a short game. Welcome to second round of playoffs, Wynne in a big convincing win. Sorry Maumelle the west was down this year
The West was down, but Maumelle was still challenge more than Wynne was.  Wynne feasted on the Paragoulds and Valley Views of the East and lost to the only quality team they faced.  Now, I don't think anyone questions that Wynne is the best of the 2 seeds, but if the team thinks they're going to roll in and win a laugher the way the fans seem to, they'd best be counseled to remember that pride goeth before a fall.  Maumelle is nobody's pushover.  They're champions of the most competitive conference in the state for a reason.

I love how vv has one bad year and we are compared to Paragould.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: JacketDad on November 18, 2014, 09:38:42 am
Question:  Since Maumelles "stadium" only has seats on one side, have there been any issues of rowdy fans becoming unruly with the opposing teams fans?

Only a matter of time.

Especially if Star City gets on the schedule.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 18, 2014, 10:09:24 am
In my opinion the defense is key in this, Wynnes defense is gonna swarm them, maumelles defense has been solid but coach Hill will take what they give and then make em pay for gambling, Maumelles offense didnt impress me as a championship offense, they are big up front, thats true. IMO Wynne rolls in town and shows them what a championship level team looks like. I think itll be a short game. Welcome to second round of playoffs, Wynne in a big convincing win. Sorry Maumelle the west was down this year
The West was down, but Maumelle was still challenge more than Wynne was.  Wynne feasted on the Paragoulds and Valley Views of the East and lost to the only quality team they faced.  Now, I don't think anyone questions that Wynne is the best of the 2 seeds, but if the team thinks they're going to roll in and win a laugher the way the fans seem to, they'd best be counseled to remember that pride goeth before a fall.  Maumelle is nobody's pushover.  They're champions of the most competitive conference in the state for a reason.

Valley View hasn't proven itself.

SWAT524

Muamelle bye 7. Late in the fourth. Wynne gets tired in the fourth. Just ask Batesville.

MDXPHD

Quote from: SWAT524 on November 18, 2014, 10:52:42 am
Muamelle bye 7. Late in the fourth. Wynne gets tired in the fourth. Just ask Batesville.

I don't think Wynne got tired.  I think Wynne and Batesville played a full, solid game.  Good try though.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 10:30:51 am

Only a matter of time.

Especially if Star City gets on the schedule.
Add Prescott and you'll see some new level ignorance....

walkingguy72396

Obviously, none Batesville, Wynne folks do not recognize what actually took place.  Wynne has the ball in the red zone goes 4 and out.  With the last two throws ending up in Wynnes hands in the end zone.  One ruled out of bounds, one ruled a trap, that's how close it was.

Blazer51

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 10:32:05 am

We made it to the semi finals last year.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 18, 2014, 12:36:37 pm

We made it to the semi finals last year.

In 4A.

Hoghead

Have a bad year next year and rubber stamp yourselves as Paragould like. It's not like Vv will ever win the 5A East. Toto, you're not in 4A anymore ok ?

JohnDoe88

Show me one Arkansas High School playoff game where there aren't at least one or two fans running their mouths. It's sad to say, but it is true these days. I think with Wynne's ability to throw and Maumelle's secondary...this game will be down to the wire. 28-21 Maumelle.

Just for the record, I have seen both teams play in person this year. I was at the Batesville vs. Wynne game as well as the Nettleton game. I saw Maumelle against Little Rock Christian as well as Jacksonville game. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses. Let's just see how the coach's mold this one. Should be a great showdown.

Chief_Osceola™

Surprisingly, no there have been no issues that I know of. But as it was said - I don't think we've hosted Star City or Prescott.

justalionfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 18, 2014, 02:28:12 pm

Surprisingly, no there have been no issues that I know of. But as it was said - I don't think we've hosted Star City or Prescott.

I know they sit on the same side, but do they sit together, or does the home team sit on the right side and the guest on the left? etc.

Lionheart88

Vice versa last week.  I didn't see anyone mandating separation, so they could've mixed if folks were being stubborn about where they wanted to sit, but there were signs saying "visitor seating" and "home seating" on the opposite sides, IIRC.

Blazer51

Quote from: Hoghead on November 18, 2014, 01:06:53 pm

Have a bad year next year and rubber stamp yourselves as Paragould like. It's not like Vv will ever win the 5A East. Toto, you're not in 4A anymore ok ?
Vv will be 3rd next year and will be fighting for conference tittle the two after that. I'll remember what you said.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 18, 2014, 02:28:12 pm

Hahahaha good one😄

Lionheart88

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 18, 2014, 02:54:46 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 18, 2014, 01:06:53 pm

Vv will be 3rd next year and will be fighting for conference tittle the two after that. I'll remember what you said.

I sincerely hope you're right.  It'd be nice to see the East have more than two quality teams.  But I'll believe it when I see it.  Just a few weeks ago, Blytheville fans were sure they were going to compete this year.

VVBlazer

Last year in 4A, Valley View punched a tough Maumelle team in the mouth 37-17 during the quarterfinals! Looks like Maumelle adapted to the 5A quite well and so will Valley View in a few short years. It is all about the talent pool and the coaching, last years VV squad had 22 talented seniors with a great, experienced coach. This year VV had 20 seniors and were shut out in 5 games with a new head coach, who played 5 different QB's throughout the year.

I say Wynne wins this one 35-21.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 18, 2014, 03:55:16 pm

Last year in 4A, Valley View punched a tough Maumelle team in the mouth 37-17 during the quarterfinals! Looks like Maumelle adapted to the 5A quite well and so will Valley View in a few short years. It is all about the talent pool and the coaching, last years VV squad had 22 talented seniors with a great, experienced coach. This year VV had 20 seniors and were shut out in 5 games with a new head coach, who played 5 different QB's throughout the year.

Valley View also beat a tough 5-6 Nettleton team by 10 last season. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 18, 2014, 03:55:16 pm

Last year we didn't have a lot of seniors, but this year we're very senior-laden. Plus, last year was uncharted territory, whereas this year's team has a lot more playoff experience. It's been fun watching this group the last 2 years, and I hope their run continues a few more weeks.

FD4

Watched several vid's on Maumelle, I will say this.  You don't beat this bunch if you make mistakes and commit penalties.  That #7 is the real deal on defense and the QB is going to burn you with his wheels.  This will be a tough game.  Our guys will have get it in their heads that they are going to win this game no matter what.

#1jacketfan

I think this game will be a good one...but I say Maumelle has'nt seen a defense as fast as Wynne's....I maybe wrong tho!

DaOldRef

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 18, 2014, 04:40:38 pm
I think this game will be a good one...but I say Maumelle has'nt seen a defense as fast as Wynne's....I maybe wrong tho!

After watching film on Wynne, I don't think they were as fast as Morrilton.  And from watching Wynne's opponents, they weren't as fast or as physical as Maumelle is.  It really should be a good game.

InYoGrill

Hornets sting the jackets Fri night.

M 20 W 19

Hoghead

November 18, 2014, 09:11:10 pm #79 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:13:05 pm by Hoghead
Maumelle by 7.....Wynne gets uneasy in games against teams who can play. Pressure is stressful for them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: DaOldRef on November 18, 2014, 08:53:12 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 18, 2014, 04:40:38 pm

After watching film on Wynne, I don't think they were as fast as Morrilton.  And from watching Wynne's opponents, they weren't as fast or as physical as Maumelle is.  It really should be a good game.

Wynne's opponents? No, GCT and Paragould were not as fast or physical as Maumelle. Batesville is every bit as physical as Maumelle.

msthang200721

This will be the time to see if Maumelle Defense can be stopped saying we're #1 in 5A IJS

InYoGrill

PB, you going to this game? Don't you like live nearby?  Chief O, I'm sure you will be there again, right?

pantherblue

Possibly for a short time. 

ahsalum

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 18, 2014, 02:47:48 pm
but there were signs saying "visitor seating" and "home seating" on the opposite sides, IIRC.

That applies to most logical fans though. Those signs wouldn't apply to Harrison fans......

They can't read......as witnessed at the 2012 state basketball tournament...A.K.A...."Seatgate".....

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2014, 11:27:04 am

PB, you going to this game? Don't you like live nearby?  Chief O, I'm sure you will be there again, right?

Absolutely!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 19, 2014, 01:28:41 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 18, 2014, 02:47:48 pm
but there were signs saying "visitor seating" and "home seating" on the opposite sides, IIRC.

That applies to most logical fans though. Those signs wouldn't apply to Harrison fans......

They can't read......as witnessed at the 2012 state basketball tournament...A.K.A...."Seatgate".....

Dude, you come back from the 6A Crawford County burial grounds? 5A thought you had passed away. Rumor was you finally passed out from your 30pack and house burned down from your second pack of cigs.

Glad you made it MuttnDale.  ;D

ahsalum

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2014, 02:00:36 pm
Rumor was you finally passed out from your 30pack and

No rumor......

InYoGrill

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 19, 2014, 02:17:57 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2014, 02:00:36 pm
Rumor was you finally passed out from your 30pack and

No rumor......

Honestly, do you miss the 5A and specially your SP obsessed West clan??  ;D

ahsalum

It's different that's for sure....not as much "family" atmosphere up there...

InYoGrill

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 19, 2014, 02:23:35 pm

It's different that's for sure....not as much "family" atmosphere up there...

LOL! I figured. You can hijack all the playoff threads and do some stirring if you'd like. Plenty of good whiny posters still going strong with their teams left standing. Poke at the Batesville folks, I'm sure they have missed you for a year.

ahsalum

I have a long list of trollees.....

ahsalum

Harrison 2 years ago has to be my all time favorite.....

The Future

Wynne by 7.
Maumelle had a great 5A debut. Wynne will just be a bit too much in the end.

pantherblue

Sorry Harrison let you down this year SP.  LOL

Jayepea

Must be some reason y teams aren't using freshman dressing room. I think the AAA should allow an extra 10 min at half for away teams to bus the 1/2 mile back to the locker room. This is a diffant home field advantage, & it looks mean Wynne the away team pulls up in a school bus gets out full pads including helmets.

The_Pioneer

If you mercy rule them in the first half, it doesn't matter. 

Jayepea

Heck with it skip half time

DaOldRef

For those who want to know the facts, the visitor dressing room is in the same building as the home team.  The visitor room might be 40 feet further from the field than Maumelle's.  Get your facts and quit whining.  I don't know why some visiting teams opted to not use it.  If it was at the old Oak Grove, the visiting team would've had about 50 yards further to walk than they do now, which was the auxiliary gym. Oh, but there would have been visitor bleachers on the opposite side of the field at OG.......... Jiminy Cricket!!!!!

walkingguy72396

Wynnes set-up is about as bad, Visitors dress out behind the home stands.  Some fine razzing goes on some-times.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas