• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier vs Batesville

Started by The_Pioneer, November 15, 2014, 07:25:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Pioneer

I must admit, I don't know about this addition of GB.  I expect another good game on Friday night at Pioneer Stadium!

MDXPHD

Intelligentsia

Our annual meeting with Greenbrier :). This will be a close game with our friends from the West.  A field goal or two by Oz may be the difference.  I called for a Pioneer victory over Jacksonville by 17, and we won by 19.  I'll say the Pioneers over Greenbrier by 6.

Mtnview_14

chaingang

I'm picking my ''Brothers from a different Muther'' in this one......AAAAA EAST CHAMPS by 20

michael2370

Depends on which Batesville team show up.  If the Batesville team that played Jacksonville the first half then Greenbrier by 7 .  if the Bateville team from second half (team we were expecting) the Batesville by 21.

MDXPHD

Quote from: michael2370 on November 15, 2014, 10:35:04 am
Depends on which Batesville team show up.  If the Batesville team that played Jacksonville the first half then Greenbrier by 7 .  if the Bateville team from second half (team we were expecting) the Batesville by 21.

Batesville really only played bad for one quarter..actually it was just two long plays.  They closed the gap by halftime and then continued to play well in the second half. 

bobcat81

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 15, 2014, 08:22:20 am
Our annual meeting with Greenbrier :). This will be a close game with our friends from the West.  A field goal or two by Oz may be the difference.  I called for a Pioneer victory over Jacksonville by 17, and we won by 19.  I'll say the Pioneers over Greenbrier by 6.
Isn't it your turn to come to Greenbrier.   ;D

sevenof400

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 15, 2014, 07:25:16 am
I must admit, I don't know about this addition of GB.  I expect another good game on Friday night at Pioneer Stadium!

Forget the game - get to the important question - will the pit be in/on fully operational status?

I still recall the mouth-watering scents dancing in my olfactory glands for many days after a visit to Batesville a few years ago....

pantherblue

Batesville better be ready. This isn't Jacksonville coming to town next.  If they are looking ahead at PA they could get caught by a panther. 

playmaker04

Batesville will get the W. 26-14. 4 fgs by their stud kicker.

pantherblue

MDXPHD

Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2014, 01:51:00 pm
Greenbrier won't have 14.

Because they can't kick extra points? Or because they will score more?

The_Pioneer

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 15, 2014, 11:21:56 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 15, 2014, 08:22:20 am
Isn't it your turn to come to Greenbrier.   ;D

That would require GB winning the West mostly.

pantherblue

They can't kick extra points and should score more LOL

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2014, 02:50:21 pm
They can't kick extra points and should score more LOL

Briar don't kick period. might as well run wildcat. Anything but that gosh awful attempts last night from that funky swinging gate junk. 0 for 5. Cmon man!!!

pantherblue

IYG maybe V'town should try it.  Or at least try something new.   LOL

sevenof400

Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2014, 04:52:02 pm
IYG maybe V'town should try it.  Or at least try something new.   LOL

No can do.   Sign of the apocalypse don't you know...

pantherblue

Well seven you could always join IYG and myself at Greenbrier for playoff football in November.   :)

Go Postal

I still don't see why GB doesn't have a kicker?  Batesville and Harrison's kickers both play soccer and they are very great football kickers.  'Briar has won the West conference in soccer in the last two seasons and are very good.  So my question stands ???

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2014, 11:04:01 am
I still don't see why GB doesn't have a kicker?  Batesville and Harrison's kickers both play soccer and they are very great football kickers.  'Briar has won the West conference in soccer in the last two seasons and are very good.  So my question stands ???

Tribble isn't enlightened.

pantherblue

I still say 6 is more than 3 or 1.  LOL

sevenof400

Quote from: pantherblue on November 16, 2014, 12:01:36 pm

Are you about to break into gazintas or naughts here?

pantherblue

Been a great weekend with Hogs and Panthers wining!!

sevenof400

Quote from: pantherblue on November 16, 2014, 01:29:12 pm
Been a great weekend with Hogs and Panthers wining!!

I don't think that phenomena will repeat itself next weekend though...

pantherblue

sevenof400

You know what though, PB?  As we look back at the West this year, it really seems the conference was significantly down this year.  The out of conference record for the West was fairly unimpressive overall I thought and when a team comes up from 4A and wins the conference championship in its first season, that is another sign that the conference isn't too strong overall. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if the West exits the playoffs this weekend - not that I am hoping for this mind you but this is sort of like waiting for the other shoe to drop.  When your conference champ struggles to beat a 4 seed, there is another danger sign. 

pantherblue

I know what you mean seven. But the non conference team Greenbrier lost to was Benton and they went through 6a undefeated.  Morrilton I don't know what was wrong there but it was a bad game by GB. Haven't seen Maumelle this year even though I live less than a mile away. I may watch some of them against Wynne this coming Friday. Maumelle has the numbers to move to 6a next cycle. We both have a shot Friday night but it won't be an easy road. Maumelle has a little better shot since they are at home.

sevenof400

Well, enjoy the game Friday PB - I will be indoors as the Badgers come to town....for basketball.

InYoGrill

I may just may catch the Maumelle game, Fri. Is it suppose to be in the 60 or 70's?  :D  I may show up if so. Don't like my feets being frostbit. Or may watch Conway/ Fay at Conway.

InYoGrill

November 16, 2014, 02:41:21 pm #30 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:43:48 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: pantherblue on November 16, 2014, 12:01:36 pm

What if you add 1 X 7 ( 7 td scores dummy) which is better than 6 or cause you score 7 times and get 0 each time which is what you get when you go for 2, Briar don't want more than 6 style, after a 6 score.  Gosh Briar confuses me sometimes. Choke on that math blue belly 2 pt  don't care for more sucker.

pantherblue

InYoGrill

Batesville not so good this year. Briar by 14. I mean 12 since Briar has NO ONE on the team that knows how to kick from less than 10 yards out. Even V could play B close this year.  BB would maybe beat the Neers now as well.

Go WEST! Represent

pantherblue

MDXPHD

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 16, 2014, 04:11:12 pm

Batesville not so good this year. Briar by 14. I mean 12 since Briar has NO ONE on the team that knows how to kick from less than 10 yards out. Even V could play B close this year.  BB would maybe beat the Neers now as well.

Go WEST! Represent

LOL! So many things wrong with this.  The only accurate statement is nobody from Greenbrier can kick.

Beebe needed a late touchdown to beat Nettleton, which says enough about them.  You sound a lot like Ghost with White Hall right now.

pantherblue

He is a Vilonia fan.  Don't count that against Greenbrier.  LOL

Rampage72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 16, 2014, 04:56:17 pm

Beebe needed a late touchdown to beat Nettleton

Nettleton scored how many on Beebe?  I know for sure they scored 3 on Batesville.

Intelligentsia

November 16, 2014, 05:14:47 pm #37 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:34:12 pm by Intelligentsia
Quote from: pantherblue on November 15, 2014, 01:41:18 pm
Batesville better be ready. This isn't Jacksonville coming to town next.  If they are looking ahead at PA they could get caught by a panther.

At this point in the year our coaches do a great job of maintaining focus on that week's opponent.  If GB pulls this one out, they won't do so by being overlook.  Each year we face GB in the playoffs, the odds of a GB win goes up, it seems to me.  I think our defense will be up to the task, i just hope our offense gets moving a little quicker than has been the case in several games this year. GB is going to score a few TDs, but we don't need to spot then 14 in the first quarter!  I'll stick with a Pioneer 6 point win.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 16, 2014, 05:12:19 pm

Beebe needed a late touchdown to beat Nettleton

Nettleton scored how many on Beebe?  I know for sure they scored 3 on Batesville.

Just 48 or so. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 16, 2014, 04:11:12 pm

Go WEST! Represent

LOL! So many things wrong with this.  The only accurate statement is nobody from Greenbrier can kick.

Beebe needed a late touchdown to beat Nettleton, which says enough about them. You sound a lot like Ghost with White Hall right now.   LOL- BOO....

Here's a WEST ghost for you Neer's.

war cardinals

Go cardinals beat the Bruins come on panthers beat batesville  semifinals rematch from 09
            Greenbrier at Camden Fairview      ;D

michael2370

PercussionMan

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 15, 2014, 01:44:13 pm
4 fgs by their stud kicker.

Is Arkansas looking at Oz at all?  If they're not, they should be!

football nut

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 17, 2014, 10:33:55 am
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 15, 2014, 01:44:13 pm
4 fgs by their stud kicker.

Is Arkansas looking at Oz at all?  If they're not, they should be!
For that matter, is anybody looking at OZ. Seems like a good kicker?

football3223

If I remember hearing this right only 16 D1 schools recruit and give scholarships at the kicking position. Most of the time colleges will wait till after spring camp and might offer a scholarship to the best walk-on. If put in the situation I think Oz could beat out the longest field goal record.

wing

He's got my vote. Best I've seen in HS in quite a while.

PercussionMan

Great kickers that produce in big games and at clutch times are key...and they are not a dime a dozen...they are tough to find!  I hope he gets to play on a college roster somewhere. 

Intelligentsia

On top of being a great H.S. kicker (field goal and kick off), he has a great attitude, smart, and big/fast enough to make big return tackles.  For some smaller colleges he could actually develop into a tight end or slot receiver - loves to hit and has great hands.

InYoGrill

GB 31 ( 5 td's but no xp's because they have no one that knows how to kick a ball and they go for 2 every score with the blind behind the back throw over the shoulder 2 pt try conversion failure each time- no joke)
Batesville 30

Apologize, I've re thought my prediction. B wins because I don't want them but at least they have a KICKER that will make all xp
s and some fg's. Unlike Briar cause they play by 7on7 rules and don't know how a kicker is used in the game of football. Pathetic!

Rockhounds x2

InYoGrill:

GB 31 ( 5 td's but no xp's because they have no one that knows how to kick a ball and they go for 2 every score with the blind behind the back throw over the shoulder 2 pt try conversion failure each time- no joke)
Batesville 30

Apologize, I've re thought my prediction. B wins because I don't want them but at least they have a KICKER that will make all xp
s and some fg's. Unlike Briar cause they play by 7on7 rules and don't know how a kicker is used in the game of football. Pathetic!

Correct me if I'm wrong but how does GB get to 31 on 5 TDs and failed conversions??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas