• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East confernce to beat.

Started by Wildhog14, November 08, 2014, 09:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

November 12, 2014, 01:33:37 pm #50 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:43:08 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Blazer51 on November 12, 2014, 10:39:05 am
I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

BC ? Blytheville Chickasaws ?  No.  2-17 playoff record.

#1jacketfan

I kinda figured that....did SHills put 36 on them without their QB?

Hoghead

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 12, 2014, 11:06:15 am
I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

I guess you are right the most losses any conference could have in the playoffs is 4. You could count the number of wins but in the East case everyone thinks Wynne and Batesville are great and the rest of the conference is crap.
    I was mostly trying to point out saying a bunch of 4 seeds have went 5-41 against 1 seeds is a poor way to say a conference is not good. Take Blytheville this year we get PA I only think there are 2 teams in 5A that can beat them that is Wynne And Batesville and those should be close games.  Last time Blytheville was in the playoffs we played a Camden team that only two teams in the playoffs had a chance to beat. Until anyone can get over the big Wynne and Batesville hump in our conference the other teams will always be playing the best teams from ever other conference in the 1st round.

FC & Blytheville have both entered the playoffs as 1&2 seeds and lost.  You have 6 schools in the East with losing playoff records. Hope has a better playoff record than Vv, GTC, Paragould, FC, and Blytheville combined. The East is a joke.

MDXPHD

This thread is full of relevant points for this season's postseason.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 02:03:18 pm

I guess you are right the most losses any conference could have in the playoffs is 4. You could count the number of wins but in the East case everyone thinks Wynne and Batesville are great and the rest of the conference is crap.
    I was mostly trying to point out saying a bunch of 4 seeds have went 5-41 against 1 seeds is a poor way to say a conference is not good. Take Blytheville this year we get PA I only think there are 2 teams in 5A that can beat them that is Wynne And Batesville and those should be close games.  Last time Blytheville was in the playoffs we played a Camden team that only two teams in the playoffs had a chance to beat. Until anyone can get over the big Wynne and Batesville hump in our conference the other teams will always be playing the best teams from ever other conference in the 1st round.

FC & Blytheville have both entered the playoffs as 1&2 seeds and lost.  You have 6 schools in the East with losing playoff records. Hope has a better playoff record than Vv, GTC, Paragould, FC, and Blytheville combined. The East is a joke.

In the East right now there's Batesville, Wynne, and then everybody else until someone steps up.

Blazer51

Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 01:33:37 pm

BC ? Blytheville Chickasaws ?  No.  2-17 playoff record.

Vv* my phone autocorrects it to bc

Intelligentsia

Valley View will be a factor within two years which may push Nettleton to step up their program, IMO.  I hope that this is the case, anyway; I much prefer watching competitive games and better competition will help the Pioneers to become even better.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 12, 2014, 02:22:00 pm

In the East right now there's Batesville, Wynne, and then everybody else until someone steps up.

That's true, but those two teams have a shot at the state title.  I'm not convinced the South has a shot this year.

#1jacketfan

Forrest City and Blytheville could beat Hope this year....be glad your not in the East!

Blazer51

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 02:29:30 pm
Valley View will be a factor within two years which may push Nettleton to step up their program, IMO.  I hope that this is the case, anyway; I much prefer watching competitive games and better competition will help the Pioneers to become even better.

I believe we'll be fighting for conference title when our 9th graders now are juniors. This boys are huge and very athletic and good at the game! People will doubt, but anyone that saw our junior high play this year knows I'm telling the truth.

Uncle Ivan

The East's 3 and 4 this year would have competed for the South title.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 02:32:38 pm
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 12, 2014, 02:22:00 pm

That's true, but those two teams have a shot at the state title.  I'm not convinced the South has a shot this year.

You could be right. We will find out pretty soon. A lot of questions are about to be answered.

MDXPHD

It seems that there are 3 teams that are above the rest this season, but we know that can change when playoffs start.  A lot of East fans are going off of what Batesville did to WC, but it was so early in the season that it doesn't matter.

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 12, 2014, 02:42:18 pm

Forrest City and Blytheville could beat Hope this year....be glad your not in the East!
Always remember Hope has beat your Messiah Wynne in their good years. Something FC & Bville never do !

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2014, 03:08:29 pm

Stop inhaling those car fumes at Smittys Muffler & Brake Shop.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 03:41:58 pm

Always remember Hope has beat your Messiah Wynne in their good years. Something FC & Bville never do !
If you called last year one of our good years you are sadly mistaken.....but you don't know much about Wynne Football anyway!

#1jacketfan

True

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 03:18:55 pm
It seems that there are 3 teams that are above the rest this season, but we know that can change when playoffs start.  A lot of East fans are going off of what Batesville did to WC, but it was so early in the season that it doesn't matter.

For either team.  WC is likely better now which is also the case for Batesville. 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: michael2370 on November 12, 2014, 01:30:51 pm
Maybe the team pa played in Texas but not since

hahahahaha, "Maybe"....... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 12, 2014, 12:53:43 pm
Has PA faced a defense like Wynne and Batesville has?...just asking

Highland Park's defense is probably better than every defense in Arkansas outside of maybe NLR.  They finished the season 9-1.  Their one loss was to Horn High School out of Mesquite.  They lost that game 42-27.  If you take out the Horn game and PA's 42 points scored on the Scots out of their Points Allowed on the year, they gave up a whopping 40 points in 8 games.  That of course is only 5 ppg.  If you add in the other 2 games they are allowing 12.4 points/game going into the playoffs.

Now has PA seen a team like Batesville or Wynne since then, probably not.  But Highland Park is way better than either of those teams.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 12, 2014, 07:49:54 pm

Highland Park's defense is probably better than every defense in Arkansas outside of maybe NLR.  They finished the season 9-1.  Their one loss was to Horn High School out of Mesquite.  They lost that game 42-27.  If you take out the Horn game and PA's 42 points scored on the Scots out of their Points Allowed on the year, they gave up a whopping 40 points in 8 games.  That of course is only 5 ppg.  If you add in the other 2 games they are allowing 12.4 points/game going into the playoffs.

Now has PA seen a team like Batesville or Wynne since then, probably not.  But Highland Park is way better than either of those teams.

Highland Park is playing in a weak 5-A Texas conference and ranked 23rd in the Texas 5-A division.  According to their records, it appears Horn and Highland Park are the only two quality teams in their conference.

Lionheart88

November 12, 2014, 08:30:33 pm #71 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:33:03 pm by Lionheart88
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 12, 2014, 05:47:44 pm
True
True, but only in the sense that every team competes for the title every year.  Some just stay in the competition longer than others.  In the South there were five teams alive for at least a share of the title going into week 8.  Any of them could probably beat any East team not named Batesville or Wynne most of the time, but sure, Nettleton or Blytheville could compete for a title.  They'd quickly find themselves mathematically eliminated, but they could compete for at least the first couple of weeks as long as they were playing DeQueen in at least one of those games.

MDXPHD

November 12, 2014, 08:47:45 pm #72 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:51:06 pm by MDXPHD
Oh no, PA is unbeatable again.  I think this happened a couple of years ago when they lost to some prep school out of California and bragged about that moral victory all year until Batesville went there. Hey, maybe you guys can put up 70 points on a team and then play a real defense this season too.

Last year, undefeated until the playoffs started and then lost to the first good team they played all year.

Hoghead

True
Nope, win the 5A East  ! Oh they can't....niether can those 3&4 spot teams win the 5A South.

michael2370

Enough said in three weeks if PA is still around then we will see how good they are against batesville

Intelligentsia

I'm sure P.A. has a very good team.  They may even win the championship, but the hype gets old.  The past few years they go out of state and play a supposedly top-ranked team, blow out the Central teams and become the darlings of Hootens, the Little Rock sportswriters, and even Rich's poll here on FF.  Then they get beat in the playoffs by the first real competition they face.  They may blow by every team in the playoffs, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 12, 2014, 05:43:02 pm

If you called last year one of our good years you are sadly mistaken.....but you don't know much about Wynne Football anyway!
You have the same team this year as last year with the addition of Trail at QB. It's evident I know enough about Wynne football than you think. Hope beat you in Wynne with De Angelo Williams at RB in 2000. Of course that team wasn't that good either. It's those killer teams under Shempert in Wynne that you're so high on right ?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 12, 2014, 08:30:33 pm
True
True, but only in the sense that every team competes for the title every year.  Some just stay in the competition longer than others.  In the South there were five teams alive for at least a share of the title going into week 8.  Any of them could probably beat any East team not named Batesville or Wynne most of the time, but sure, Nettleton or Blytheville could compete for a title.  They'd quickly find themselves mathematically eliminated, but they could compete for at least the first couple of weeks as long as they were playing DeQueen in at least one of those games.

Not hardly.  Nettleton very well, from looking at quality, appears better and more well rounded than any team in the South.  They would win that conference.  Blytheville would've competed for it.

Fortunately for the South, they weren't matched up with the East this year.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 11:49:58 pm

You have the same team this year as last year with the addition of Trail at QB. It's evident I know enough about Wynne football than you think. Hope beat you in Wynne with De Angelo Williams at RB in 2000. Of course that team wasn't that good either. It's those killer teams under Shempert in Wynne that you're so high on right ?
The Hope bobcats could'nt play dead in a cowboy movie.....get out of your rocking chair and stop crying just because ya'll didnt make it this year!

MDXPHD

I don't think he's crying.  He's just stating how Hope owned Wynne last year. Last year, and I remember pretty clearly, Wynne was stating how they would win the championship. Hope ruined it for them and everyone from win cried about it.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2014, 09:25:35 amLast year, and I remember pretty clearly, Wynne was stating how they would win the championship.

Really now.

DogsWin7

He must be putting that PhD to use??    :)

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 08:20:16 pm
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 12, 2014, 07:49:54 pm

Highland Park is playing in a weak 5-A Texas conference and ranked 23rd in the Texas 5-A division.  According to their records, it appears Horn and Highland Park are the only two quality teams in their conference.
Highland Park is in 6A not 5A.  We'll see how they do in playoffs.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 08:47:45 pm
Oh no, PA is unbeatable again.  I think this happened a couple of years ago when they lost to some prep school out of California and bragged about that moral victory all year until Batesville went there. Hey, maybe you guys can put up 70 points on a team and then play a real defense this season too.

Last year, undefeated until the playoffs started and then lost to the first good team they played all year.

Who said anything about PA being unbeatable?  The comparison was opponents' defenses compared to Batesville and Wynne.  So try again bud.  Especially since PA lost that game to Highland Park, Im pretty sure they are beatable.  However, I would stop leaning on 2012 so much...

Wildhog14

November 13, 2014, 10:23:41 am #84 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:54:19 pm by Wildhog14

Intelligentsia

I stand corrected POV, Highland Park moved to 6-A this year.  Good luck to HP in their playoffs; my point however, remains the same.  The hype P.A. has received over the past several years is blatant bias.  They may prove better this year, but it has been several years since they lived up to the hype created by the Little Rock media and believed by so many, even many here in FF. IMO

#1jacketfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2014, 09:25:35 am
I don't think he's crying.  He's just stating how Hope owned Wynne last year. Last year, and I remember pretty clearly, Wynne was stating how they would win the championship. Hope ruined it for them and everyone from win cried about it.
That would be a negative....I dont recall anyone saying we would win last year...we're so used to winning tho I guess everybody expects it tho.....besides what happened to the great Hope after they beat Wynne last year......do you remember that pretty clearly as well?

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2014, 10:46:35 am
I stand corrected POV, Highland Park moved to 6-A this year.  Good luck to HP in their playoffs; my point however, remains the same.  The hype P.A. has received over the past several years is blatant bias.  They may prove better this year, but it has been several years since they lived up to the hype created by the Little Rock media and believed by so many, even many here in FF. IMO
It is understandable how people feel, however PA can't control what the media does....plus them and NLR are essentially the only relevant teams in the Metro area.  NLR doesn't have a Coach as polarizing as Coach Kelley in regards to his philosophy, so I think this is another reason media gives PA so much love.  My issue comes from some people on here beating their chest about beating PA in 2012 (when PA had ZERO running game) yet didn't even win the Championship.... ::)

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 13, 2014, 10:02:58 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 08:47:45 pm

Who said anything about PA being unbeatable?  The comparison was opponents' defenses compared to Batesville and Wynne.  So try again bud.  Especially since PA lost that game to Highland Park, Im pretty sure they are beatable.  However, I would stop leaning on 2012 so much...
That's all they talk about....they live in the past!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Wildhog14 on November 13, 2014, 10:23:41 am
Ya think they would recruit some defensive players along with the offensive 5star players.

Guess you will find out tomorrow night right.....  ::)

playmaker04

Hey Aqualung,wipe the snot from your nose and go back home to your moms basement. The 5a East is the best conference this year. Hands down. You been crying all year about Wynne and the east but yet we had 3 teams ranked in the super 6 at one time and have 4 teams with winning records. Overall 43-37. The west is close second with 4 teams with winning records but 40-39-1. The joke is Hope,3-7 and playing hoops right now.

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 13, 2014, 08:59:41 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 11:49:58 pm

The Hope bobcats could'nt play dead in a cowboy movie.....get out of your rocking chair and stop crying just because ya'll didnt make it this year!

21-0 !

Chief-Chickasaw

Thanks for all the good things people are saying about Blytheville we were 1-9 last year and have begun turning things around. Our biggest and best athletes have historically stuck to basketball only. The football coaches have begun to change this here. I believe we are a program that is on its way up as long as we keep our home grown coaches that know and love our kids they are making a difference here. Good things are coming in Blytheville I'm giving everyone fair warning to not overlook us in the coming years.
  On a side not I was very impressed with Valley View's freshmen they played well and fundamentally sound.

Lionheart88

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 11:18:47 am

Hey Aqualung,wipe the snot from your nose and go back home to your moms basement. The 5a East is the best conference this year. Hands down. You been crying all year about Wynne and the east but yet we had 3 teams ranked in the super 6 at one time and have 4 teams with winning records. Overall 43-37. The west is close second with 4 teams with winning records but 40-39-1. The joke is Hope,3-7 and playing hoops right now.
And how many of those wins came in nonconference against powerhouse programs like Osceola (no wins outside 3A), Rivercrest (a 5-4-1 3A school), Trumann(3-7, mostly against 4A opponents), Marion(1-9), Mountain Home (0-10), West Memphis (3-7, their wins coming against FC, Marion, and Mountain Home), and MS and MO schools no one's ever heard of?  Outside of Batesville's win over Watson Chapel in week 1, the East's most respectable nonconference game is probably FC's 2 point loss to Dollarway.  Now compare that to the South, who played teams like El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Nashville, and so on.  The only 3A school you'll find on the list is traditional Hope foe Prescott.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 13, 2014, 11:09:39 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2014, 10:46:35 am
It is understandable how people feel, however PA can't control what the media does....plus them and NLR are essentially the only relevant teams in the Metro area.  NLR doesn't have a Coach as polarizing as Coach Kelley in regards to his philosophy, so I think this is another reason media gives PA so much love.  My issue comes from some people on here beating their chest about beating PA in 2012 (when PA had ZERO running game) yet didn't even win the Championship.... ::)

Tushay:). I've never blamed P.A. kids or coaches.  I respect Coach Kelly and the P.A. parents for accessing what they believe to be the best education for their children.  I just feel a need to mouth a bit concerning the media hype and even the ranking system used by Rich; indicating a P.A. superiority based on soft evidence.

playmaker04

November 13, 2014, 01:20:25 pm #95 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:26:46 pm by playmaker04
Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 13, 2014, 12:22:05 pm
Thanks for all the good things people are saying about Blytheville we were 1-9 last year and have begun turning things around. Our biggest and best athletes have historically stuck to basketball only. The football coaches have begun to change this here. I believe we are a program that is on its way up as long as we keep our home grown coaches that know and love our kids they are making a difference here. Good things are coming in Blytheville I'm giving everyone fair warning to not overlook us in the coming years.
  On a side not I was very impressed with Valley View's freshmen they played well and fundamentally sound.

playmaker04

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:51 pm

And how many of those wins came in nonconference against powerhouse programs like Osceola (no wins outside 3A), Rivercrest (a 5-4-1 3A school), Trumann(3-7, mostly against 4A opponents), Marion(1-9), Mountain Home (0-10), West Memphis (3-7, their wins coming against FC, Marion, and Mountain Home), and MS and MO schools no one's ever heard of?  Outside of Batesville's win over Watson Chapel in week 1, the East's most respectable nonconference game is probably FC's 2 point loss to Dollarway.  Now compare that to the South, who played teams like El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Nashville, and so on.  The only 3A school you'll find on the list is traditional Hope foe Prescott.
but the south didn't win. 7-17 overall 1 win over 6a sheridan, 1 win over a 3a school, other 5 over 4a. East 15-8 non conference. No comparison.

#1jacketfan

So what?....You wanna cookie or something......a close second...lol

playmaker04

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 13, 2014, 01:30:01 pm

Hold up there jacketfan,I'm on your side. This comment was in reference to what Hoghead said, not you. Lol

#1jacketfan

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 01:58:48 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 13, 2014, 01:30:01 pm

Hold up there jacketfan,I'm on your side. This comment was in reference to what Hoghead said, not you. Lol
My bad bro.....it looked kinda fishy.....wasnt real sure...lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas