• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will in State in Class 1A Boys

Started by epotts, March 03, 2014, 02:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

epotts

Who does everyone think will win the state title in 1A Boys?

DownTown14

I believe Norfork has what it takes. I've seen Concord, Scranton, Western Grove, County Line and many more and they have the best height, quickness, athleticism, and skill 1-5 than any other. Concord's 1-3 are solid. But I believe Norfork has bigs that are 6-4 215 and can overpower most teams

Catfish

Concord is hands down the best team in 1A night in and night out hands down. That don't mean that they have it won, but they have the best shot at it I believe.

yellowjackethooper

What size does Norfork have besides the one kid that is like 6'4, prolly 275 lbs... Very average player. I have seen them and that's the only "big" they have.

DownTown14

They have the Lewis brothers , the older one is prob 6-4 210 and the younger brother is 6-3 200 . That and the 6-4 260+ kid is pretty solid height especially in the 1a classification

Basketballfan10

March 04, 2014, 11:20:13 am #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:34:26 am by Basketballfan10
I believe Concord is the best team in 1A. As far as  know they haven't lost to a 1A school this year, they have lost to Highland (4A) by 4, and Defending State Champions Ceder Ridge (2A) by 7. Concord has beat some very good teams this year and some of them they have beat repeatedly. I like Norfork but there record doesn't back it up, they have been beaten by at least five 1A teams who were ICC once, Calico Rock twice, Hillcrest twice, SSBB twice, and Western Grove Once. To get to the finals they will possibly have to play one of these teams that have beat them but I think they are getting it together at the right time, they seem to be playing at another level right now. With that being said I expect to see Norfork in the finals Vs. Concord. I believe Concord will pull this one out.

Note: If Norfork doesn't make it to finals..... I expect SSBB Vs. Concord. Concord is better but can they beat them five times?

Batman44

I'm just hoping it is played, soon. Think, hope, Concord takes it.

yellowjackethooper

There is NO WAY the Lewis kid is 6'4. 6'2 tops. That's funny though.

tacomeat

Concord. Can't see this bunch having another shooting night like last yrs finals. They're as big a favorite in 1A as CR in 2A, Episcopal in 3A, or NLR in 7A.

Catfish

Quote from: tacomeat on March 04, 2014, 08:59:48 pm
Concord. Can't see this bunch having another shooting night like last yrs finals. They're as big a favorite in 1A as CR in 2A, Episcopal in 3A, or NLR in 7A.

+1

HorseFeathers

Is episcopal that big of clear cut favorite in 3A? I thought a lot of people considered Charleston to be 1B?

WPWells

I didn't wanna make that statement because I didn't wanna sound like a homer, but Charleston and Earle are both featuring heavily in the conversation

tacomeat

March 04, 2014, 11:13:35 pm #12 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:07:44 pm by tacomeat
Quote from: HF on March 04, 2014, 10:36:19 pm
Is episcopal that big of clear cut favorite in 3A? I thought a lot of people considered Charleston to be 1B?
I may be a little higher on Episcopal than some this yr. Playing NLR to the wire & having been to the finals last yr IMO if they lose it'll b an upset. Also, they wouldn't meet Charleston at home.

Ice Water

I'm not sure Freeman is even the best player on his team. Episcopal is that good.

tacomeat

Quote from: Ice Water on March 05, 2014, 09:05:36 am
I'm not sure Freeman is even the best player on his team. Episcopal is that good.
That makes me feel even better about the pick.

Batman44

I thought this was a 1A site. Maybe I was wrong.

epotts

its supposed to be who everyone thinks will win 1A STATE TITLE

Batman44

Yup, I know. I was referring to those who got off on Episcopal, Earle, Charlestown, etc.

FreeMoney

Quote from: Ice Water on March 05, 2014, 09:05:36 am
I totally agree. Night in night out Martin andRobinson are both better

Run N Punch

I dont think Norfork will win it all

Woodrow1

I posted a few months ago that Norfork is very talented, but didn't play defense. You could literally shoot layups on them. And that's what happened.

Basketball13

Scranton is playing best they have all season. Look for them to compete. They're 36-1 I believe.

Run N Punch

HorseFeathers

Well your boys four seed won and the girls four seed gave viola all they wanted

Run N Punch

Maybe we will continue to roll.  Its a great time of the year everyone goes home a loser but 1.  I love it.  You can lose and get here but if you get here and lose its bye bye time. Some teams get a bad matchup and go home some teams get hot and some teams choke.  Its what's perfect about this time of year.  Some districts and regionals come over confident some go into to district like that.  Perfect sport

Catfish

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 07, 2014, 08:37:27 am
Maybe we will continue to roll.  Its a great time of the year everyone goes home a loser but 1.  I love it.  You can lose and get here but if you get here and lose its bye bye time. Some teams get a bad matchup and go home some teams get hot and some teams choke.  Its what's perfect about this time of year.  Some districts and regionals come over confident some go into to district like that.  Perfect sport

Best time of the year.

jk

March Madness is here!
Picking Scranton to win it all, I know Concord beat them on their home court, but have to believe they were a little bit intimidated then. Scranton won't be this time having played them once. Believe Sranton is the better team. Should be the championship game, but time will tell. Girls side got to go with Kirby, Kingston maybe most talented but lacking in leadership. Good luck to all

Basketball13

I sure can't wait for Tuesday afternoon! Go Rockets!

Basketball4life10

goteam

Wonderview boys are sure making some noise right now. Good game to both teams.

Turd Ferguson

Woodrow1

Quote from: jk on March 07, 2014, 01:36:48 pm
March Madness is here!
Picking Scranton to win it all, I know Concord beat them on their home court, but have to believe they were a little bit intimidated then. Scranton won't be this time having played them once. Believe Sranton is the better team. Should be the championship game, but time will tell. Girls side got to go with Kirby, Kingston maybe most talented but lacking in leadership. Good luck to all

If Scranton was intimidated in the game earlier in the year, then they were scared crapless today!!!  Congrats Concord!!  The best team won.....

benchMVP15

Sounds like concord played concord basketball today. That's an impressive win over Scranton beating them by 18. I feel now that concor will take care of either wonderview or county line.

Turd Ferguson

I heard that Roark kid went off for 54 tonight....and the Cornett kid got a dunk from the free throw line......amazing.....good job Concord

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas