• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I apologize to Bay

Started by Run N Punch, March 03, 2014, 08:40:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Run N Punch

Im sorry to all the Bay ppl I offended.  I only got involved because of the 1 idiot arrogant fan talking about baseball and how bad they were going to beat ICC so bad.  Yall do have a good program.  We have tradition down here also though.  So I officially apologize and look forward to watching the games thus week.  Win or go home from here on out

Run N Punch

Lets all get it out and move on. 

Lionfan 18

I agree, I let one bad apple bay fan get me bent out of shape. The Lions start their state tournament run Wednesday at 5:30, going to be fun. Hope we can all just get along now, maybe you will have to buy a ring Real Deal....just kidding!

Run N Punch

Thank you LF thus way we all can apologize and be friends again.  If I said anything towards you im sorry.  I just want us all to be happy.  Good luck to the Lions and all the teams....win or go home

motox202

Good job guys, now lets all watch some amazing kids play ball. Its gut check time boys and girls!!

Run N Punch

Quote from: motox202 on March 03, 2014, 12:53:47 pm
Good job guys, now lets all watch some amazing kids play ball. Its gut check time boys and girls!!
Amen to that bro....lets go Pirates.  Bring home the 31st championship.  And good luck to all

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 03, 2014, 12:51:23 pm
Thank you LF thus way we all can apologize and be friends again.  If I said anything towards you im sorry.  I just want us all to be happy.  Good luck to the Lions and all the teams....win or go home
No problem RNP I accept your apology, my Red Lions have Union Christian in the first round Wednesday so I hope we bring the A game. We have no senior starters so I'm hoping that doesn't hurt us, seem to be peaking right now though. Good luck to your Pirates hope they make a deep run for ya!

Run N Punch

Good luck to all the teams

Run N Punch

Bay ppl must not get on here anymore

Catfish

Lionfan 18

I think they're still here and just not accepting apologies. I'll try to mend fences again when they log back in around September.

Moonshiner

Probably waiting to see how this summers recruiting class fairs first. They'll be back.

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2014, 09:15:03 pm
Probably waiting to see how this summers recruiting class fairs first. They'll be back.

Haha this cracked me up. I bet you're right.

Run N Punch

Lol I heard there was 5 new job openings in their cafeteria if you have really athletic kids.  Preferably be from surrounding area so it doesn't seem like recruiting thank you

Run N Punch

Actually after reading my last post I must apologize again I do not have hard evidence of that got caught up in the moment of trying to be funny.  So Bay yet again I apologize just trying to have fun

HorseFeathers

Yeah .....that R word is probably one of the most taboo of subjects on here. . . .

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 06, 2014, 10:31:02 am
Actually after reading my last post I must apologize again I do not have hard evidence of that got caught up in the moment of trying to be funny.  So Bay yet again I apologize just trying to have fun
You should be ashamed of yourself, you know the R word doesn't go on at Bay.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 06, 2014, 01:37:48 pm

If you're gonna do it you can't get mad when someone calls you out on it. They aren't the only ones that do it.  The team that beat them has done it in years past too.

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 06, 2014, 05:29:31 pm
Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 06, 2014, 01:37:48 pm

If you're gonna do it you can't get mad when someone calls you out on it. They aren't the only ones that do it.  The team that beat them has done it in years past too.
I agree the way I look at it is whatever takes to win. I guess I didn't hard enough last summer  but it won't happen again lol.

Neabballfan

Playing for state title 3 out of 4 years kinda  recruits itself.    And being ten minutes from  two 4A and one 5a school that not playing for state titles doesn't hurt.  Especially if kid doesn't get along with coach at that school.  Why wouldn't you transfer?   

Lionfan 18

March 06, 2014, 08:56:32 pm #20 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:58:36 pm by Lionfan 18
Are all of Concord and Cedar Ridge starters originally from their districts, k-12?

arstatechamp13

I don't know for sure about CR. But Concord's 4 seniors that start have gone to concord their whole lives. The sophomore who starts went to midland through 4th or 5th grade

HorseFeathers

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 06, 2014, 11:37:15 pm
I don't know for sure about CR. But Concord's 4 seniors that start have gone to concord their whole lives. The sophomore who starts went to midland through 4th or 5th grade

Coach Cornett must have spotted him in a pee wee game and snatched him up way back then :D

Moonshiner

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 06, 2014, 08:56:32 pm
Are all of Concord and Cedar Ridge starters originally from their districts, k-12?

I'm pretty sure Cedars starting five have been there all along.  Kids moves in during 4th grade is one thing.  9th grader totally different.  If they move all on their own accord.....I don't have a problem with that either.  If a Coach/administrator goes after a kid...something totally different.
Again, there are several guilty parties all across the state. If a Coach benefits from a legit transfer then good for him.  Don't go stealing other players.  It's illegal.

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 06, 2014, 11:41:58 pm
Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 06, 2014, 08:56:32 pm

I'm pretty sure Cedars starting five have been there all along.  Kids moves in during 4th grade is one thing.  9th grader totally different.  If they move all on their own accord.....I don't have a problem with that either.  If a Coach/administrator goes after a kid...something totally different.
Again, there are several guilty parties all across the state. If a Coach benefits from a legit transfer then good for him.  Don't go stealing other players.  It's illegal.

I agree. I also believe CR has been together all along, as well as Concord. Cornett has NEVER recruited a player in his life. And that's not his job. He has always won with what he's got. Great coach.

BoxNOne

Some coaches can't win with what they have. Therefore, they will either jump around job hunting(looking for talent already on hand) or they will pursue other players. AAA does nothing about it that I have ever heard so the practice is becoming more rampant. I admire schools who play with what they have, especially when they win.

Run N Punch

It is alot more impressive when teams win without talent moving in but im old school.  Some ppl just want to win and will do whatever they have to to win.  They may think it's impressive but when every one knows they had to get kids to move in its not.  Just my opinion.  When I played I was "asked" if I would want to relocate.  I wanted to win where I was from not some other school just comes down to what's really important and the loyalty to what you are.  My opinions tho

Run N Punch

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 07, 2014, 08:53:53 am
Some coaches can't win with what they have. Therefore, they will either jump around job hunting(looking for talent already on hand) or they will pursue other players. AAA does nothing about it that I have ever heard so the practice is becoming more rampant. I admire schools who play with what they have, especially when they win.
I totally agree

Catfish

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 07, 2014, 09:02:43 am
It is alot more impressive when teams win without talent moving in but im old school.  Some ppl just want to win and will do whatever they have to to win.  They may think it's impressive but when every one knows they had to get kids to move in its not.  Just my opinion.  When I played I was "asked" if I would want to relocate.  I wanted to win where I was from not some other school just comes down to what's really important and the loyalty to what you are.  My opinions tho

+ 100000

Lionfan 18

I'm thinking schools like Bay should have to use a multiplier like the private schools in the past. Every recruit they hire should equal one move up in classification.

Run N Punch

March 07, 2014, 01:07:48 pm #30 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:18:53 pm by Run N Punch
They are too small for 10A.  There is a school close to Conway that always used the kids dont like Conway or Viliona so they come here and their parents also work here.  So there it is im not just on Bays back about all this

Run N Punch

I apologize yet again to bay and their district and region but holy crap they were all way overrated.  How did Bay be ranked the 2nd best team in state and not make it out of that regional tournament whoa

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 07, 2014, 11:01:38 pm
I apologize yet again to bay and their district and region but holy crap they were all way overrated.  How did Bay be ranked the 2nd best team in state and not make it out of that regional tournament whoa

They played with fire by starting freshman and got burnt.....well that and with their recent history the just being Bay just brings some respect....

Run N Punch

I agree they had a great run but im sure that most thought that district and region was alot better than they really were.  Obviously that whole group was overrated right?  Not being a jerk but everyone ranked numerous teams in top 5 and they showed us what in state?  And the south teams still get lil respect. 

Lionfan 18

Bay and the whole bunch was overrated, go R word some better players this summer Jackets. Hear their is a good 4th grader in the area. Hey Real Deal....Bay couldn't carry Clarendon's jock!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 07, 2014, 11:09:16 pm
I agree they had a great run but im sure that most thought that district and region was alot better than they really were.  Obviously that whole group was overrated right?  Not being a jerk but everyone ranked numerous teams in top 5 and they showed us what in state?  And the south teams still get lil respect. 

Well...if all you've done is beat up on each other and swept an overrated conference why should we respect you yet? LoL....The south was viewed as being down this year...looks like the "bottom" of the region just caught up to the top teams in the region....

jacketman

March 08, 2014, 12:41:58 am #36 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:45:01 am by jacketman
Quote from: HF on March 07, 2014, 11:40:59 pm

Well...if all you've done is beat up on each other and swept an overrated conference why should we respect you yet? LoL....The south was viewed as being down this year...looks like the "bottom" of the region just caught up to the top teams in the region....

Well, well, well.....ICC folks are still tickled about beating Bay! That really tells the story about a good program. As long as folks are talking about Bay, good or bad, it must be pretty good. Overrated?.......As bad as Bay played that night against them, it still took ICC's BEST game to beat them.....in 2 OT's. And, Bay still had chances to win it, with those freshman i might add. Bay got beat, plain and simple, they know they threw it away. But the Yellowjackets know that ICC was lucky! At home, playing there best game, 2 OT's, with Bay not playing at there potential (and ICC knows this because they lost at Bay by 25+). All teams will be due a loss, and ours came at that time. The storming of the court at the end of the game tells a lot of folks that the #2 team in the state lost. ICC is not rated for a reason.....enough said.

The jealous haters of Bay smells like they want to be alone!

Lionfan 18

Quote from: jacketman on March 08, 2014, 12:41:58 am

Well, well, well.....ICC folks are still tickled about beating Bay! That really tells the story about a good program. As long as folks are talking about Bay, good or bad, it must be pretty good. Overrated?.......As bad as Bay played that night against them, it still took ICC's BEST game to beat them.....in 2 OT's. And, Bay still had chances to win it. Bay got beat, plain and simple, they know they threw it away. But the Yellowjackets know that ICC was lucky! At home, playing there best game, 2 OT's, with Bay not playing at there potential (and ICC knows this because they lost at Bay by 25+). All teams will be due a loss, and ours came at that time. The storming of the court at the end of the game tells a lot of folks that the #2 team in the state lost. ICC is not rated for a reason.....enough said.

Where ya been hiding, on the recruiting trail and outta contact? By the way Bay was OVERRATED!

Lionfan 18

Bay wasn't #2 in the state, you're delusional. They couldn't win a game in a region that doesn't have a team left playing, ICC stunk too!

CRHS4LIFE

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 08, 2014, 12:49:42 am
Bay wasn't #2 in the state, you're delusional. They couldn't win a game in a region that doesn't have a team left playing, ICC stunk too!
....BUT THEY WERE!
Rankings
Feb 16, 2014

BOYS
CLASS 1A

1. Concord ............................................. ................30-1
2. Bay ............................................. ......................27-6
3. Scranton ............................................. ...............31-1
4. KIPP Delta ............................................. .............20-5
5. Maynard ............................................. ................26-7
6. County Line ............................................. ...........24-5

GIRLS
CLASS 1A

1. Kirby ............................................. ....................28-1
2. Mulberry ............................................. ...............23-6
3. Acorn........................................ .........................29-4
4. Kingston ............................................. ...............29-4
5. Wonderview ............................................. ..........27-5
6. Mount Vernon-Enola ............................................1 9-3

jacketman

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 08, 2014, 12:46:18 am
Quote from: jacketman on March 08, 2014, 12:41:58 am

Well, well, well.....ICC folks are still tickled about beating Bay! That really tells the story about a good program. As long as folks are talking about Bay, good or bad, it must be pretty good. Overrated?.......As bad as Bay played that night against them, it still took ICC's BEST game to beat them.....in 2 OT's. And, Bay still had chances to win it. Bay got beat, plain and simple, they know they threw it away. But the Yellowjackets know that ICC was lucky! At home, playing there best game, 2 OT's, with Bay not playing at there potential (and ICC knows this because they lost at Bay by 25+). All teams will be due a loss, and ours came at that time. The storming of the court at the end of the game tells a lot of folks that the #2 team in the state lost. ICC is not rated for a reason.....enough said.

Where ya been hiding, on the recruiting trail and outta contact? By the way Bay was OVERRATED!

Still hanging around 18, was hoping ICC was going to save the region since we didnt. But, I guess playing on the road is overrated. Sorry for your loss. We now know it was all you had.

jacketman

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on March 08, 2014, 12:52:57 am
....BUT THEY WERE!
Rankings
Feb 16, 2014

BOYS
CLASS 1A

GIRLS
CLASS 1A

They dont get the news up there. They make there own! +1

WPWells

If you can look me in the eye and tell me without a doubt in your mind that Bay was the second-best team in the state, then, and only then, may you smack talk

Lionfan 18

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on March 08, 2014, 12:52:57 am
....BUT THEY WERE!
Rankings
Feb 16, 2014

BOYS
CLASS 1A

GIRLS
CLASS 1A

Those ADG rankings don't mean anything, you can wipe your as with em. Bradley and Stephens have been ranked #1 in the last few yrs and have stunk but they did make the state tournament. Which is more than I can say for Bay and Maynard, plus KIPP got smashed in the 1st round and County Line hasn't played. The real rankings are being decided right now on the hardwood, not in the paper by pencil pushers! Oh and Region 2 is done, stick a fork in them.

jacketman

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2014, 01:03:12 am
If you can look me in the eye and tell me without a doubt in your mind that Bay was the second-best team in the state, then, and only then, may you smack talk

If I am reading it in the paper, and it is something our boys can be proud of for there accomplishment, then i will stand by it. If it wasnt in print, and the verbal throwdown continued, then I dont have a leg to stand on. Get a ranking, and join the bandwagon, its that simple.

Lionfan 18

ICC stunk, they recruit just like Bay and it shows how bad Bay was really overrated!! That's how they won their title several yrs back. I'll agree with you on one thing Jacketman, only way ICC had a chance to win a game is if they could've had it at home.

jacketman

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 08, 2014, 01:11:20 am
ICC stunk, they recruit just like Bay and it shows how bad Bay was really overrated!! That's how they won their title several yrs back. I'll agree with you on one thing Jacketman, only way ICC had a chance to win a game is if they could've had it at home.

A 30-7 record in a rebuilding year, with 3 freshman, and winning district without our best player, is not an overrated team, not by a long stretch. Expecting to win it all with that team, thats overrated! ICC did what they had to do, and for ICC's sake, thats all that mattered.

Lionfan 18

Quote from: jacketman on March 08, 2014, 01:17:46 am

A 30-7 record in a rebuilding year, with 3 freshman, and winning district without our best player, is not an overrated team, not by a long stretch. Expecting to win it all with that team, thats overrated! ICC did what they had to do, and for ICC's sake, thats all that mattered.
Saying Bay is/was the #2 team in the state means they were OVERRATED because they never were. Doesn't have anything to do with the gaudy record or winning a weak conference and district.

jacketman

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 08, 2014, 01:24:02 am

Saying Bay is/was the #2 team in the state means they were OVERRATED because they never were. Doesn't have anything to do with the gaudy record or winning a weak conference and district.

Then, what do you call a team that beats an OVERRATED team and loses a regional final, then, a state 1st rounder?

Lionfan 18

Quote from: jacketman on March 08, 2014, 01:27:26 am
Quote from: Lionfan 18 on March 08, 2014, 01:24:02 am

Then, what do you call a team that beats an OVERRATED team and loses a regional final, then, a state 1st rounder?
They were better than the farce of a #2 ranked team in the state Bay and about 20 points worse than Emerson. So a bad bad team, they were the 4th place team out of that district.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas