• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Players in state?

Started by Vballfan, August 09, 2014, 05:01:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vballfan

Not as familiar with 3A thorough 5A so please feel free to add. In my opinion there is no clear favorite for Gatorade POY as maybe there has been in years past

My list just based on kids I have either seen in JO or in the tournament
Hunter Eshnaur - if Russellville realizes its potential in 6A she could be the favorite.

Do Liberos get consideration?  Two of the best are in NWA. Kimberly Davis and sophomore  Emily Doss.  Davis recently committed to Arkansas. Meredith Darnell of Russellville is also very solid.

Nettleton has an Arkansas State commit. 

Conway's best player is their setter Sarah Nethercutt. Sarita from Southside is also very solid.

Marion has Diane Phillips returning. Cabot's best player is a sophomore Madison Brown.  Cabot probably won't be good enough to showcase her talent against the top teams but she is a beast, look for her to be in contention her junior or senior year.

Who else is out there? Who is your favorite.

1-Adam-12

Liberos should certainly get consideration.  Two of the best liberos (IMO) in Western Arkansas are from small schools:  Hannah McClung of Booneville (Jr) and Bailey Bunch of Mena (Sr).

Vballfan

I agree with the value of a great libero. In arkansas I am convinced you could win with tough serving and great passing and average hitting. It seems like this award pays the most attention to the big hitters.  Maybe it will be different this year since there isn't one that sticks out much more than the others. I will say the teams that can pass give their star hitters a great showcase for their big hitter.

Addicted

I would say Anna LeDuc from Bentonvle has the edge for Gatorade POY.  Her chances got better when Sabrina Shpherd decided not to play. 

Valleysports

August 10, 2014, 02:29:18 pm #4 Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:38:41 pm by Valleysports
I'm going with Hunter Eshnaur, she's a young Senior and I swear her hang time has increased to 10 sec over the summer.  But more important she's in the right position this year.  Anyhow - where will Anna and Sabrina be playing next year?

Vballfan

Eshnaur is probably a good choice.  I have seen her play in club and she can definitely Pound the ball.  Sabrina I believe is committed to Daviidson College in NC.  Not sure if there are any other Bentonville commits. 

Addicted

LeDuc hasn't committed yet. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas