• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 junior high teams

Started by Gr3yhounds, October 24, 2018, 11:19:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

Thoughts throughout all classifications?

CURLEYWOLF24

If they had State Playoffs in Jr. High I'm pretty confident that Prescott would win state hands down.  Sure will be happy to see a few of them move up next week.

Hound father

Pretty sure it maybe a game that I would like to see between Prescott and Newport that ninth grade bunch has not lost a game since they were in the 5th grade and it was the last one of that year since then they have been unstoppable possibly the best 9th grade an in the state.

Hound father

CoolBreeze

Don't know about over all classes, but within 3A Harding Academy is pretty good. Finished 8-0 with the only close game being against Clinton. Should be good again next year. The QB was an 8th-grader. Good passer and far and away the leading rusher.

Gr3yhounds

I'd say the junior high Greypups are a pretty stout group. Looking forward to seeing them play in the future.

snoopy22

Quote from: Hound father on October 25, 2018, 10:05:22 pm
Pretty sure it maybe a game that I would like to see between Prescott and Newport that ninth grade bunch has not lost a game since they were in the 5th grade and it was the last one of that year since then they have been unstoppable possibly the best 9th grade an in the state.
Same with Prescott's group, they have never lost.  Neither has the 8th grade, so that's two good groups together.  Our sophs were undefeated in junior high too.

Saltilloswag

Vilonia's 9th grade bunch is also pretty stout.

Saltilloswag

Vilonia's 9th grade bunch is also pretty stout.

Badgerball

Arkadelphia has gotten second place in conference 4 years in a row. This year just fumbled it away. They could compete with anyone.

x14113

I'd imagine Ozark, Malvern, and Warren would all have a say in this conversation.

Badgerball

Quote from: x14113 on October 31, 2018, 06:19:56 pm
I'd imagine Ozark, Malvern, and Warren would all have a say in this conversation.
I think that Arkadelphia is better than Malvern, even though they lost to them. Arkadelphia's offense fumbled a game-winning touchdown away on Malvern's own 20. ANd the defense let Malvern have long drives and run the clock out. The Badgers are a lot better now.

Sports Guru

STUNNA

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 03, 2018, 02:32:17 am
8-4A

Warren
Crossett
Dumas
The next couple classes could be the best to ever come through warren. A bunch of former state champs kids are making their way up.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 12, 2018, 08:48:11 am
The next couple classes could be the best to ever come through warren. A bunch of former state champs kids are making their way up.

Just saw the list of the coaches. Harrison, Wheeler, Smith, and Fellows. Few other names too. But those 4 alone were big time anchors on the 15-0 title team.

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart's Jr. High and 7th grade ran the table in the conference this year. The Jr. High was undefeated overall, the only non-win was a tie vs Pine Bluff. Lots of talent on the way if they stick together.

Head Lion

Quote from: Hound father on October 25, 2018, 10:05:22 pm
Im no expert on jr hi football, but Newport looked to be as good as I have seen this year.

theoleballcoach

I'd put Central Jr High in Springdale up against anyone. They dominate year in and year out in NWA.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: theoleballcoach on December 16, 2018, 06:56:31 pm
I'd put Central Jr High in Springdale up against anyone. They dominate year in and year out in NWA.
Without a doubt. 5 consecutive conference championships and only 2 losses during that run if I am not mistaken.

PatriotRaven1

Unfortunately the question this thread is trying to answer is a moot point. There isn't a playoff for jr. high like there use to be. I am quite positive there are several legit teams out there in there own right. Hopefully the success translates to high school! That's the hard part. Good luck to all the jr. high kids who have experienced success in recent years 👍

Mulerider4Life

I have hard Bauxite Junior High is stout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas