• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest

Started by Eagles14, March 20, 2015, 11:00:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles14

I am hearing rumors that rivercrest boys job is going to be open.  Any truth to this? They seem to have talent year in and year out.  Just wonder why it would be coming open and if so who are some of the favorites to land this job

OB11

The head coach there now is a 3 sport coach.  Head Baseball, head basketball, and assistant football.  Makes for a very long, very busy year.  Has been a 3 sport coach for 20+ years.

OB11

Ricky Everett will be the head basketball coach at Rivercrest.  Coached jr high girls at Marion last year and was at Augusta the 5 years before that. 

coach_r

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 19, 2015, 08:59:51 pm
Ricky Everett will be the head basketball coach at Rivercrest.  Coached jr high girls at Marion last year and was at Augusta the 5 years before that. 

WOW!!!!! If it was like Augusta this will not last long. Big surprise to hear this.

Brucewayne

Was coach Everett at Newport before Augusta

Missco

OB11

Quote from: coach_r on April 20, 2015, 02:31:46 pm
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on April 19, 2015, 08:59:51 pm

WOW!!!!! If it was like Augusta this will not last long. Big surprise to hear this.

Care to explain?

coach_r

Had Great talent in Augusta for several years. But im pretty sure he never did much with what he had. He was either run off or really needed a change to leave as Sr High Boys coach to take a Jr Girls job at Marion. He may have just been assistant Sr Girls. I don't remember him doing much at Newport either. I have talked to a few times, seems like a nice guy but really not a great coach. I hope he has success at Rivercrest. But he does have a track record.

OB11

Rivercrest will probably have a few lean years coming up as well on the talent side.  Hope it works out for the best though. 

RedWolf275

I also wasn't impressed with what I saw from him at Augusta.

Paperman

Coach Everett and the Colts will struggle some this season! But I like what I hear from him!

ISU7

The Colts talent level will be down somewhat, but I guarantee you they will be competitive .. ;) 8)

OB11

Quote from: ISU7 on October 26, 2015, 01:49:34 pm
The Colts talent level will be down somewhat, but I guarantee you they will be competitive .. ;) 8)

Always are.  That's one of the best things about watching any Rivercrest team play regardless of sport.  You know you will always get a tough game. 

Paperman

Colts have lots of bodies at practice! No Tweet but they are looking good so far! Plus the football guys are still not practicing! Going to be another tough playing Colts squad!

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on October 26, 2015, 09:55:13 pm
Colts have lots of bodies at practice! No Tweet but they are looking good so far! Plus the football guys are still not practicing! Going to be another tough playing Colts squad!

Will they have any size at all this year?  That is something that always seems to be lacking for Rivercrest.  Haven't had many true big men in a while.  I know they had one a couple of years ago, but outside of him theres not been much size.

Paperman

Tallest player is Carl Williams who is 6-5 or so but he plays the wing! I'll let you know more about them later, today is media day at Rivercrest!

OB11

Quote from: Paperman on October 28, 2015, 06:19:30 am
Tallest player is Carl Williams who is 6-5 or so but he plays the wing! I'll let you know more about them later, today is media day at Rivercrest!

That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Paperman

Not a lot of experienced players! New coach likes to play fast and play man D. Colts are going to struggle early but Coach Everett hopes his team will come together by the time conference play rolls around. Only 5 players who played significant minutes last season! Will have more later!

redandgray

I really like Coach Everett as a person...pulling for him!

Paperman

I think a lot of him as well!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas