• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Year

Started by bobcats, March 12, 2015, 10:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsroll

Have to agree with bobcatfanforlife on this one.  While he is pretty good, he does not have the point guard skills that politte has.  He does not have the finishing ability that Politte or Hogue has.   He does not get to the rim any better than Politte or Hogue does.    And he probably does not shoot the three any better than Politte or Hogue does.   From what I have seen, Politte has shot a pretty good percentage on the threes..   He just has chosen to distribute the ball more in the past.  I would expect you will see more out of him this coming year since he has less of a supporting cast around him to score.   I would just rather have a no nonsense, hardworking, no complaining, and no excuse guard like Politte or Hogue in my system..   They just do their job and play the game at a very high level.   With that said, Marshall should be one of the teams to watch out for in the league this coming year.  Good luck to both Bobcat teams....

HeadTiger

Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2015, 06:22:16 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on March 15, 2015, 04:42:42 pm
What about top players for next year?

Kelvin Robinson, ECS
Allie Freeman, ECS
Austin Reaves, Cedar Ridge
Cade Crabtree, Cedar Ridge
Brandon Fenner, Paris
Hunter Daley, Jessieville
Dalton Hogue, Valley Springs
Colby Whitlow, Two Rivers
Morgan Yates, Two Rivers

There are a few more guys I could list that could break out next year, and some that people aren't too familiar with like Ryan and Cody Roebke at West Fork. But surely I'm forgetting some names. Pollite at Flippin? Brunt at Centerpoint? Were they underclassmen?

Nicholson at Marshall will definitely be top 5 next year.

Wow...

Dc4life

watch out for drew central. They return almost everything and bring up a group of 9th graders that went 22-0 this year, after playing a couple of 9th graders sr high all year. Bright future for sure

Skip Baymore

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 13, 2015, 09:26:15 am
1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Paris
5. Two Rivers
6. Valley
7. West Fork
8. Marshall
9. Smackover
10. Flippin

Jessieville and Harding Academy are two schools who will be better unquestionably (without injuries).   H.A. for the next two years prob.   Definitely should be somewhere in the top ten.   ECS should be a real good team again, but its hard for me, personally to believe they will be the best next year.  Cedar Ridge definitely comes in as a heavy next year.  That is what Skipper Say.

yellowjackethooper

What were Nicholson's numbers this year Bobcats? I only got to see Marshall once this year and that was when yall played Yellville at your place. He put on a show that night. He had to have had 6 3's. I think Hogue is the best scorer. Politte is a really good player. I'm curious to see how he does without the other Flippin players though. I think they opened a lot up for him, next year he will be the man they rely on. Going to be curious to see how the conference plays out next year. Bottom line, I don't think you can wrong with any of the 3.

tiger2016

Charleston will be a top 10 team. That's all I'm saying.

#EagleStrong

Without Ward, Smith, Skeets, King, Linehan, and Lynch?

But I take it from your name you're a junior there. What do you figure the starting line up will be?

Michael Ward
Jackson Rowland
Chase Ewing
???

Who else? Wade Gerlick? Justin Haney? Seems like a bit of a rebuilding year, but 3A-4 should be down next year after Paris and Two Rivers, so they could capitalize. But top ten in 3A may be an overreach at this point. And that's all I'm saying.

bobcats

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on March 17, 2015, 08:06:28 am
What were Nicholson's numbers this year Bobcats? I only got to see Marshall once this year and that was when yall played Yellville at your place. He put on a show that night. He had to have had 6 3's. I think Hogue is the best scorer. Politte is a really good player. I'm curious to see how he does without the other Flippin players though. I think they opened a lot up for him, next year he will be the man they rely on. Going to be curious to see how the conference plays out next year. Bottom line, I don't think you can wrong with any of the 3.

I know he averaged 20 pts a game and shot 40% from behind the line.  I don't have his assist numbers but he had to had avg at least 5 or 6 a game.  Not bad considering he faced a box and one or some other gimmick defense most of the year.

tiger2016

I'll believe that at least Michael Ward and Rowland will be starters. I have also heard that there are going to be some players that are moving to Charleston for next year. Chase Ewing and Wade Gerlick will also play, Justin Haney and Phillip Hampton are both good enough to play also. Although we may be down next year, I still wouldn't put us out of the top 10, we just may not have strength til our football players come over in.

WPWells

Don't forget Mason Wisdom

RTF

Charleston is not top 10.. atleast pre-season top 10 anyways.. they lose to much. Also, Why am  I not suprised Charleston might get a "transfer" next year for help.

WPWells

Oh no. Definitely not preseason top 10

fbisgreat

Quote from: RTF on March 18, 2015, 02:54:08 pm
Charleston is not top 10.. atleast pre-season top 10 anyways.. they lose to much. Also, Why am  I not suprised Charleston might get a "transfer" next year for help.
It's not like Paris got a good move-in last year is it.

RTF

So what about Paris.. did I reference or talk about them?

BigMan15

Quote from: tiger2016 on March 18, 2015, 02:15:32 pm
I'll believe that at least Michael Ward and Rowland will be starters. I have also heard that there are going to be some players that are moving to Charleston for next year. Chase Ewing and Wade Gerlick will also play, Justin Haney and Phillip Hampton are both good enough to play also. Although we may be down next year, I still wouldn't put us out of the top 10, we just may not have strength til our football players come over in.
Who are the transfers that might come? Or what school would they be coming from? Paris "might" have a good move in as well.

WPWells

That's why people hate Charleston. Don't be flapping your gums about transfers unless it's 100% fact

WPWells

That was @ tigers2016 by the way

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas