• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS Next Year

Started by Lrbasketballguru, March 12, 2015, 09:30:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrbasketballguru

How does this guard-laden team fare without such a dominant post presence next year?

JeanClaudeVanHam

Well they become beatable for a 3A team.

neds

True , different team next year

smallybells

I dont rule out some new faces to fill their shoes somehow.

Grover42

I'm sure their recruiters are over at southwest Christian right now. Lol

neds

Quote from: Grover42 on March 12, 2015, 09:50:02 pm

They better be real smart kids

Grover42

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 09:54:22 pm
Quote from: Grover42 on March 12, 2015, 09:50:02 pm

They better be real smart kids
I hear ya. I'm not completely sure they speak English. My son played against kingsly and he clicked and clucked. Kinda got in his head a bit ha

Beaver Fever

Do you think freeman will quit football to focus on basketball so he can focus on a 3 peat?

hornethigh-mhs

Eagle20

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 13, 2015, 06:13:20 am
Do you think freeman will quit football to focus on basketball so he can focus on a 3 peat?
Football is his better chance to play college athletics.

KOJACK

I haven't seen him play basketball, but the kid can flat out play football.

BigMan15

He is an all american football player..he will go d1 for sure in football.

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on March 13, 2015, 08:34:52 am
I haven't seen him play basketball, but the kid can flat out play football.
He's a really good basketball player, but I have said all along his best sport is football. The only thing holding him back from being a high D1 in FB is his size.

WildcatGrandpa13

ECS loses Martin, their stud PG, and the Geese, which leaves a wide open hole for post players. Freeman is going to need to step up and start playing more like a PG than a SG, and I don't know who will fill the Geese's large shoes...games will be much more competitive next year, that's for sure.

Beaver Fever

He is very skilled but way too small to play d1, much better at basketball

BigMan15

I believe hes already got d1 offers in football.

ISU7

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 15, 2015, 09:18:40 am
Did anyone tell J Eldleman, Wes welker and other smal players they were too small, Now they are big time Nfl players....

Longfellow

Julian Edelman played QB at Kent State. Kinda different for an option QB

Rebel82

Freeman is a nightmare for a linebacker to cover.
He can get open and catch the football as good as
"Anyone " in the state bar none. He can play at the next
Level

neds

I agree Rebel , but he will need to get stronger for college. Talent is not an issue.

Eagle20

Quote from: ISU7 on March 15, 2015, 12:28:39 pm
Did anyone tell J Eldleman, Wes welker and other smal players they were too small, Now they are big time Nfl players....
Freeman is quite a bit smaller than those you mentioned.

Rebel82

Wes walker is 5'9'  185#

Pastureboy21

He will break the Arkansas record for receiving yards in a career next year for all classifications. One of the best Wide Receivers I have ever seen. You must of never even watched a game..

RetiredBB

Justin and Cori had a great career at ECS.  They were fun to watch.  I'm gonna miss them.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Rebel82 on March 15, 2015, 01:08:03 pm
Freeman is a nightmare for a linebacker to cover.
He can get open and catch the football as good as
"Anyone " in the state bar none. He can play at the next
Level
And a nightmare for most D.B.s.  He will have college payed for.  Its just a matter of which sport and which level.  And hes only an 11th grader.  Probably gonna get stronger. 

Beaver Fever

I saw him play. He is good but only 5'7" and about 145.  He could play d2no problem.

Longfellow

Freeman is listed at 5'10 and 165 lbs, so he probably misses out on D1 because of his size, but he'll end up playing football in college

Beaver Fever

Listed heights and weights are never correct. I stood beside him and he is 5'8 at best and no where near 165

BigMan15

I know hes getting looks from arkansas and the fact thats he was an all american his jr year...small or not he will go d1. Its not basketball ive seen many small football players and im sure they will get him on a weight program.

Rebel82

Dexter McCluster: 5'8"  170#

Eagle20

Quote from: Rebel82 on March 16, 2015, 12:17:02 pm
Dexter McCluster: 5'8"  170#
nothing wrong with playing D2.  I bet that is where he ends up unless he walks on at Arkansas..  You have to be really good to play D2.

Rebel82

Your right nothing wrong with D11. Great football, but I still think he will play D1 somewhere.

cdelaney

Quote from: Beaver Fever on March 16, 2015, 10:22:33 am
Listed heights and weights are never correct. I stood beside him and he is 5'8 at best and no where near 165
My guess would be 5'9" and about 140. I don't know if he has ever had a "real" training/weight program, and if you remember his dad from his playing days, he carried some weight, so maybe Allie Jr could get up to the 160-165 range and not lose the quickness/elusiveness that makes him so special. You still have to remember that he is playing against high school athletes, and at the 3A level where there aren't many college level d-backs and linebackers. He almost never takes a direct blow though, and he is extremely tough and competitive. Having said all of this, I will not be at all surprised if he goes D1 in football.

hornethigh-mhs

I'm very excited to see what Allie can do next year in both basketball and football. I forsee him playing D1 football at a west coast type school. In middle school people said he was too small for high school and look at the results. The people that think his size will stop him need to just wait and watch the show.

Eagle20

Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on March 16, 2015, 03:06:55 pm
I'm very excited to see what Allie can do next year in both basketball and football. I forsee him playing D1 football at a west coast type school. In middle school people said he was too small for high school and look at the results. The people that think his size will stop him need to just wait and watch the show.
Is anyone recruiting him at that level right now .  Most D-1 players have already been identified and are already being recruited.

Longfellow

247sports shows Arkansas as the only school to look at him. Not even on Rivals or ESPN. No offers

Proud Buckaroo

If anyone can recall a player from Smackover named Fabian Sims. If you seen him play, you knew he was good. He had the issue with getting any looks because of his size... So a lot of the time. Size is an issue. Allie is very talented. Just think he should put a little weight on him.

Beaver Fever

Arkansas was a  courteous look due to his father playing there.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 25, 2015, 06:56:06 am
If anyone can recall a player from Smackover named Fabian Sims. If you seen him play, you knew he was good. He had the issue with getting any looks because of his size... So a lot of the time. Size is an issue. Allie is very talented. Just think he should put a little weight on him.
Agreed.  Allie isn't gonna have to pay for college (if he goes after an athletic scholarship).  But if he were bigger, he would get more looks. 

cdelaney

Quote from: Beaver Fever on April 28, 2015, 12:15:40 pm
Arkansas was a  courteous look due to his father playing there.
Man, you seem to have all the inside knowledge on Allie Freeman. Thanks for updating the rest of us, and I am sure the Freeman family appreciates it as well.

Beaver Fever

#EagleStrong

Until someone in 3A manages to beat ECS, they still have to be considered the top team, Geese or no. Freeman and Robinson will give them the best guard tandem in 3A, and they have solid players at the position to replace Martin, not to mention a great coaching staff with Coach Marsh and Coach Friedel, his assistant. Both were stud guards in college. If they can find serviceable post play through either development or move-ins, they'll be right where they have been. They're helped mightily by the exodus of talent in their conference, with Wilks gone from BHG and Perry gone from Mayflower. Jessieville may give them fits with Hunter Daley, and once the get to regionals they'll have to contend with Reaves and Cedar Ridge. At the state level there are many other teams that are closing the gap like Valley Springs, Paris, Marshall, Centerpoint, and Two Rivers among others. But until one of them actually beats ECS, they remain the team to beat in 3A.

bigdoug

Quote from: #EagleStrong on May 09, 2015, 01:15:55 pm
Until someone in 3A manages to beat ECS, they still have to be considered the top team, Geese or no. Freeman and Robinson will give them the best guard tandem in 3A, and they have solid players at the position to replace Martin, not to mention a great coaching staff with Coach Marsh and Coach Friedel, his assistant. Both were stud guards in college. If they can find serviceable post play through either development or move-ins, they'll be right where they have been. They're helped mightily by the exodus of talent in their conference, with Wilks gone from BHG and Perry gone from Mayflower. Jessieville may give them fits with Hunter Daley, and once the get to regionals they'll have to contend with Reaves and Cedar Ridge. At the state level there are many other teams that are closing the gap like Valley Springs, Paris, Marshall, Centerpoint, and Two Rivers among others. But until one of them actually beats ECS, they remain the team to beat in 3A.
AGREED

urban legend2

Quote from: #EagleStrong on May 09, 2015, 01:15:55 pm
Nicely put!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas