• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Girls Finals

Started by ZoneBuster, March 10, 2015, 01:58:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoneBuster

There hasn't been a thread or much chatter about the girls matchup. For those of you guys that have seen both teams play, who do you have? How do the teams matchup?

WPWells

Greenland by 10. They're on a different level than anyone in 3A, much like ECS

Head Lion

Valley's girls are real good with a great player, but I just don't see them taking down Greenland. JMO, hope for a great game and we may get surprised, Tennison is good enough to have a "Jordan" type game and put them over the top.

DerekOxford

Greenland is battle-tested and has been there before. These girls just turn it up a notch in February/March.

TheKoozie

DerekOxford

ZoneBuster

Not many 3A teams have played Valley within single digits and if they can't stay within 10 of Greenland, Greenland must be truly legit.

HeadTiger

Sportsnutt

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 10, 2015, 04:10:56 pm
Not many 3A teams have played Valley within single digits and if they can't stay within 10 of Greenland, Greenland must be truly legit.

Bergman did (region final - Valley won by 3)
Greenland beat Bergman 70-35 and it really wasn't that close

ZoneBuster

Sportsnut, the deal is though that VS and Bergman are rivals and played each other at least 3 times this year. The valley girls have a tendency to over look Bergman. Also beat them handily at least once. So can't really compare scores there in my eyes.

ISU7

Greenland wins this one. ..

JeanClaudeVanHam

Take Valley-Bergman games with a grain of salt. VS mercy ruled them once and beat them by 20 at Bergman. Since then Bergman has played out of their minds against Valley.

I was at the Greenland-Bergman game. That's the worst they've played all year long. It was embarrassing. They left 45 points on the floor.

I'm taking Valley by 5. And there is no way Greenland beats Valley by 10, let alone 20.

urban legend2

The supporting casts will decide this one. Tennison is going to score, Thompson is going to score. Both teams shot the three well (both shot it really well at state), it's as close to a pick em game as you're going to get. Greenland is Greenland but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Valley won.

North Face

ZoneBuster

Should be a fun high scoring game!

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: urban legend2 on March 10, 2015, 06:41:33 pm
The supporting casts will decide this one. Tennison is going to score, Thompson is going to score. Both teams shot the three well (both shot it really well at state), it's as close to a pick em game as you're going to get. Greenland is Greenland but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Valley won.

This is my thought. The game is a classic pick 'em.

Beast Boy

Valley girls by 15. Their offensive ability will just be too much for Greenland.

drybones

Valley by 10. You can't judge this one on the Greenland/bergman game. Bergman had a really bad night.

4real

I think a lot of folks have "off nights" against Greenland!

Seems like an undefeated jessieville had an off night against them two years ago...

Moonshiner

Basketballfan13

Valley beat bergman by 26 at valley clock never ran.
Valley beat bergman by 6 at bergman not 20.
Valley won by 4 in district finals.
Valley won by 3 in regional finals.
Can't compare scores of games. Greenland and valley match up really well with each other, I agree it'll come down to the role players.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 10, 2015, 10:25:11 pm
Valley beat bergman by 26 at valley clock never ran.
Valley beat bergman by 6 at bergman not 20.
Valley won by 4 in district finals.
Valley won by 3 in regional finals.
Can't compare scores of games. Greenland and valley match up really well with each other, I agree it'll come down to the role players.

Was up by 30 then the subs came in in the 3rd
Was up by 20+ and the subs came in then Bergman made a comeback and the starters finished it.

Basketballfan13

14pts game at half, 10 after 3, final won by 6. When did those subs come in? Non starters combined for 2 pts. Tennison and Taylor had great games scoring 47 between them.

Basketballfan13

But valley against bergman isn't the topic. The finals should be a great game! I think valleys two studs are a little more explosive then greenlands. I think their 3-6 are pretty even. I don't think greenland gets an advantage until 7+ on the depth chart. When greenland subs in a fresh 5 they don't lose too much.

Googlymoogly

It's funny how people have such a lack of a memory these days

Bergman1820

Valley wins 58-52.

It is written. Enjoy the finals everyone. The off season is so dang long.

ManilaIce

Seems everyone is overlooking Greenland's 17 point win over HA and Riley Rose.  That was a statement game to me.  I think Greenland takes this one, but VS is more than capable.  VS has Taylor and Tennison back for another run next year, and these two is not all they have.

WildcatGrandpa13

From what I saw of Greenland in the state tournament, they can shoot the rock. I'll take Greenland by 7

ZoneBuster

Both teams have averaged over 63 PPG in the tourney. Pretty good for girls basketball!

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 10, 2015, 11:54:23 pm
But valley against bergman isn't the topic. The finals should be a great game! I think valleys two studs are a little more explosive then greenlands. I think their 3-6 are pretty even. I don't think greenland gets an advantage until 7+ on the depth chart. When greenland subs in a fresh 5 they don't lose too much.

Clearly I was misinformed.

drybones

Valley should be back here again next year. They are only graduating 1 starter.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: ManilaIce on March 11, 2015, 10:00:31 am
Seems everyone is overlooking Greenland's 17 point win over HA and Riley Rose.  That was a statement game to me.  I think Greenland takes this one, but VS is more than capable.  VS has Taylor and Tennison back for another run next year, and these two is not all they have.
Had the same thoughts.  A 17 point win over the HA girls team is impressive.  That win, by 17, makes me favor the Pirates in this one. 

-Painted Fan-

I'll take the team in Green and White....

urban legend2

WPWells

I'll be doing a play by play for most of this game as well

DerekOxford

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 10, 2015, 06:26:32 pm
Take Valley-Bergman games with a grain of salt. VS mercy ruled them once and beat them by 20 at Bergman. Since then Bergman has played out of their minds against Valley.

I was at the Greenland-Bergman game. That's the worst they've played all year long. It was embarrassing. They left 45 points on the floor.

I'm taking Valley by 5. And there is no way Greenland beats Valley by 10, let alone 20.

Umm...

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 12, 2015, 06:32:07 pm

Umm...

Classy.

Valley played like crap. I was assuming the girls would play at least decently.

Bergman1820

I wonder why they played at a level so far below their norm. I know a certain degree can be attributed to Greenland, but to me it seemed like their minds weren't on the game. Congrats to Greenland on winning the big one. And looking forward to Valley coming back strong again next season.

DerekOxford

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 12, 2015, 09:56:01 pm

Umm...

Classy.

How is it unclassy of me to point out a statement you made on here was wrong.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 12, 2015, 11:17:17 pm

Umm...

Classy.

Sorry I'm not Nostradamus? Because you're trolling? Because you didn't say anything of note, just "umm"? Because Ive said I was wrong in other threads and congratulated Greenland and yet you feel the need to bump this thread for no reason than to make me say it again?

Classy.

DerekOxford

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 12, 2015, 11:23:09 pm

Umm...

Classy.

Sorry I'm not Nostradamus? Because you're trolling? Because you didn't say anything of note, just "umm"? Because Ive said I was wrong in other threads and congratulated Greenland and yet you feel the need to bump this thread for no reason than to make me say it again?

Classy.

Not trolling. Was going to point out the ridiculousness of your statement when you made it, but figured you'd have a reaction similar to this.

Classy.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: DerekOxford on March 12, 2015, 11:27:43 pm

Umm...

Classy.

Classy.

Not trolling. Was going to point out the ridiculousness of your statement when you made it, but figured you'd have a reaction similar to this.

Classy.

Whatever, dude. Ridiculous for saying that after watching both teams play at Cossatot River. Okay.

DerekOxford

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 12, 2015, 11:31:52 pm
Quote from: DerekOxford on March 12, 2015, 11:27:43 pm

Umm...

Classy.

Classy.

Classy.

Whatever, dude. Ridiculous for saying that after watching both teams play at Cossatot River. Okay.

Greenland girls are about 20 points better than Valley Springs. Proved it today.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Jacketman65

Congratulations to the Greenland girls!  How many championships does this make for them now?

WPWells

Jacketman65

Not bad at all.  Has to be pretty hard on that ring fund though! ;D

ZoneBuster

Quote from: vstigerz on March 12, 2015, 10:49:46 pm
I wonder why they played at a level so far below their norm. I know a certain degree can be attributed to Greenland, but to me it seemed like their minds weren't on the game. Congrats to Greenland on winning the big one. And looking forward to Valley coming back strong again next season.

Sadly, of the 5 championships that Jenkins teams have been to, this is the norm with 2010 the exception. I feel like she has had the better team in 4 of 5 years and only came away with 1 ship.

I remember watching the 04 game and it was as if the girls had been out late all night before and didn't care that they were playing for a state championship.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas