• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship: Mayflower vs. Episcopal

Started by WPWells, March 09, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle20

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 09, 2015, 08:16:06 pm
ECS is a outstanding team with a very smart coach and will win this game by 30. Mayflower is not a bad team but 3A seemed to be down this year plus a very easy draw in the state tourney. ECS played the second best team in 3A today.
I don't believe for a minute Charleston is the second best team.  Over rated most years.

HeadTiger

WPWells

March 11, 2015, 01:06:36 pm #52 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:16:29 pm by 12th Man CHS
Let's look back at the last seven Charleston seasons:

Won six straight conference championships
Won five out of the last six district championships
Played in seven straight regional finals
Won five out of those seven
Won at least one game in five straight state tournaments
Four out of those five made the semis
And twice made the state championship

Longfellow

Wow! Charleston overrated. Losing fenner, king, Ty storey, and Hayden Newhart this year still played in the semifinals. Better than most teams would do.

BigMan15

This year Ward carried this team and honestly i think they did great considering what they lost. Next year they will have some big issues but the last two years at Charleston were the best teams that Charleston will have for many years. Very hard to replace Ward and Smith. Looking forward to see what they look like next year.

ISU7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2015, 01:06:36 pm
Let's look back at the last seven Charleston seasons:

Won six straight conference championships
Won five out of the last six district championships
Played in seven straight regional finals
Won five out of those seven
Won at least one game in five straight state tournaments
Four out of those five made the semis
And twice made the state championship
No State Championships????? 8) 8) 8)

WPWells

Charleston is bringing up some salty players from junior high

smallybells

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2015, 03:42:32 pm

Where'd that come from?  ;D

WPWells

Grover42

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 11, 2015, 11:01:51 am
Quote from: Grover42 on March 10, 2015, 08:21:51 pm
No hate grandpa wildcat. Nothing but love for the game and the joy of seeing great kids achieve great things. At the end of the day it's their personal victories that will hopefully mold them into honorable  men and women. If I say things that pee anyone off its just by coincidence and not by choice. So toughen up buttercup. Ha!! We have a great weekend of basketball ahead of us!!
Toughen up? Sounds like you are the one that needs to toughen up...private schools aren't going to play in their own league any time in the near future, so you should just get used to it "buttercup"
[/quote
Haha. I was trying to be nice grand pops... You're too uptight.  Relax and enjoy today. ]

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2015, 03:42:32 pm
Chase Ewing could start next year..no offense but him and rowland would be ur best scorers and that might be rough...but saying that a kid can have a good summer and change that

neds

teachers pet

Is this a Charleston page or a page discussing the championship game?

BigMan15

Grover42

teachers pet

March 11, 2015, 08:59:41 pm #65 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:05:48 pm by HF
ECS 68 Mayflower 45

HorseFeathers

Beast Boy

It would be a morale victory for Mayflower to stay within 10 points of Ecs.

teachers pet

Mayflower coach needs to talk to Jessieville coach and get his game plan for ECS. They played them close in the conference finals.

neds

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 11, 2015, 09:11:48 pm
Mayflower coach needs to talk to Jessieville coach and get his game plan for ECS. They played them close in the conference finals.

Two different teams , Mayflower isn't capable of doing what Jessieville did. Ball handlers aren't strong enough and aren't coached the same. They will run with ECS and might do ok for a qtr or so.
Just a bad match up for Mayflower

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: neds on March 11, 2015, 09:40:37 pm

Two different teams , Mayflower isn't capable of doing what Jessieville did. Ball handlers aren't strong enough and aren't coached the same. They will run with ECS and might do ok for a qtr or so.

I don't think Mayflower to try their same gameplay against ECS. They will have some tricks coming out of the gates. If they are still hot from three, it could go either way. This is the state championship, remember. Mayflower is not going to lie down and let themselves be beat.

neds

They may not lie down, but they will get beaten

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 11, 2015, 10:08:53 pm
Quote from: neds on March 11, 2015, 09:40:37 pm

I don't think Mayflower to try their same gameplay against ECS. They will have some tricks coming out of the gates. If they are still hot from three, it could go either way. This is the state championship, remember. Mayflower is not going to lie down and let themselves be beat.

Sometimes, you just can't stop the beating, Just ask the Earle posters, if you can find one.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: neds on March 11, 2015, 10:12:56 pm
They may not lie down, but they will get beaten
Whatever happens in this game, major props to Mayflower.  This has been a weird season with teams being up and down a lot.  I didn't think Mayflower would be in this game but maybe they are the team that should be. 

neds

No doubt they earned their way into the final

jr17

They started playing their best basketball at the exact right time. I'm so proud of this team. These seniors are the winnigest group of athletes to ever come through mayflower. Hopefully they can cap off their great careers with the big one. Looking forward to a exciting game. Go EAGLES!!

WildcatGrandpa13

Gameday! Can't wait for this afternoon! Hope to see many FF regulars at the game

WPWells

Unfortunately, I won't be there. I'll be streaming the game online and will do a play by play if anyone is interested

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 12, 2015, 09:04:53 am
Unfortunately, I won't be there. I'll be streaming the game online and will do a play by play if anyone is interested

Look forward to it!

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on March 12, 2015, 07:31:30 am
They started playing their best basketball at the exact right time. I'm so proud of this team. These seniors are the winnigest group of athletes to ever come through mayflower. Hopefully they can cap off their great careers with the big one. Looking forward to a exciting game. Go EAGLES!!
I don't expect this game to be like the other 3 this year.  Mayflower is putting it together after a weird season with JP coming back midway and then some injuries, and I know they have a talented team. Last year the first two games vs ECS were pretty competitive, and I think this one will be as well. ECS should win, but Mayflower is playing with house money really, nothing to lose, so I bet they come out loose and confident. Should be interesting.
And this is a great group of seniors at Mayflower. Even though I hope they go out with a loss, they should be proud of what they have accomplished. I have enjoyed watching them the past 3 seasons.

cdelaney

Can't you get the (in)famous Charleston announcer to do the play by play?

neds

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 09, 2015, 10:13:57 pm
Quote from: Rebel82 on March 09, 2015, 07:44:51 pm
All-Stars... I kinda like it.
Thanks for the compliment.
You're welcome, rebel.....  At least someone can appreciate sense of humor.

Gosh , I heard the news that baseball starts early for you. No World championship this year . .

Rebel82

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 09:22:35 am

Look forward to it!
You did a good job on the last one!

WPWells

If someone from mayflower could get me a roster with names and numbers of major players then I can give names for both teams

jr17

METFAN44

Jerry perry #10
Hayden long #23
Drew Duncan #3
Trey Lasker #4
Justin bailey #1
JW Estes #20
Marcus Harper #5

neds

March 12, 2015, 04:59:12 pm #86 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:01:49 pm by neds
57 - 40 Episcopal wins no. 2 in a row
Nice job seniors!

WPWells

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 04:59:12 pm
55 - 40 Episcopal wins no. 2 in a row
Nice job seniors!

Coach Marsh pulled the three senior starters in the last minute. I know I won't miss seeing the Geese and Martin defeat my Tigers anymore!

Idoknow

March 12, 2015, 05:04:06 pm #88 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:14:45 pm by Idoknow
Thanks 12th, great job on the game post. Sorry wrong thread!

jr17

WPWells

My thought after watching this game is that it's a shame that Mayflower and Charleston never got to play because that would be an excellent game

NEark tigers

Well, the Episcopal Corporation $chool wins it all with "recruited" talent in a very down 3A season.

Let's party!!!

Now you're at least 5 titles away from traditional superpower status....

Please don't "drop a dime" on me....LOL😆

Rebel82

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 12, 2015, 06:17:00 pm
Well, the Episcopal Corporation $chool wins it all with "recruited" talent in a very down 3A season.

Let's party!!!

Now you're at least 5 titles away from traditional superpower status....

Please don't "drop a dime" on me....LOL😆
Your such a loser!

smallybells

Man that guy has more venom in his veins than me! Hand picked talent or not, you accomplshed what you set out to do, congrats. Now, boost your enrollment and move up a classification or two :-P

neds

March 12, 2015, 07:04:55 pm #94 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:29:38 pm by neds
That guy is a real piece of work.

Sorry ECS will always be a small private school, just their charter. They have been on a nice run for the last 4 years, an Elite 8 a final and then back to back state titles. They will be good next year, but I don't see a repeat. Strong at guards, but no way you replace the Geese.
Paris may be the early favorite. I also think the 3A 3 will continue to make a strong come back. Harding will also be good and Jessieville will be real tough.

hornethigh-mhs

NEark tigers

That's laughable.....

Never a loser when u win SEVEN TITLES!!!!

Some of y'all boys need help😃😃😃😃😃.....

smallybells

Head Lion

Congrats ECS, a worthy champion. Also to Mayflower nice run.

Rebel82

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas