• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The old rivalry- Charleston vs Episcopal

Started by Lrbasketballguru, March 08, 2015, 10:06:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrbasketballguru

iliveformarch

Episcopal by 20.... then they beat Mayflower by 10 to win the title.

Ponca

neds

I think Charleston has the advantage in this one. Nothing to lose
Lots of pressure on Episcopal

WPWells

I think on paper ECS has the advantage, but of course I'm a homer so I think Charleston wins. I think the Tigers go out with revenge on their minds and play their best game of the season

P.S. We all know how iliveformarch's prediction came out today

teachers pet

Like I've said before, conference 5 best in state. Episcopal and Mayflower will be in finals.

BigWolfC/O2017

If Charleston gets a strong drive and kick game they will win no doubt

WPWells

No way you can say Charleston wins no doubt. ECS is way too good for that

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2015, 10:11:47 pm

I don't think there is a truer statement. I'm pretty sure that's a big reason behind the major upset in 2A yesterday.

Ctucker

I don't think they have pressure on them they already have a state ring there just going to enjoy there 2nd.The pressure is on charleston, I think.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2015, 10:32:47 pm
I don't think they have pressure on them they already have a state ring there just going to enjoy there 2nd.The pressure is on charleston, I think.

I think pressure is on both teams: ECS to defend their title and Charleston to avenge their loss to ECS. However, to suggest ECS is "just going to enjoy their 2nd" ring tells me you are uninformed. Episcopal should not, and I'm almost certain does not, think they will cruise to victory over Charleston.

Ctucker

ECS is the better team if they play up to their potential they will win.IMO. They really don't look like a team that pressure bothers them,don't see them playing tight. But It could happen,just don't think it will.

lanecamper54

Hey, that's why you play the game. You never know....Parkview has been  the Overall ranked #1  team all season and they saw their year come to an end sooner than expected today thanks to Pine Bluff in 6A. That's what's so great about the game of basketball!

Ctucker

urban legend2

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2015, 10:57:31 pm
ECS is the better team if they play up to their potential they will win.IMO. They really don't look like a team that pressure bothers them,don't see them playing tight. But It could happen,just don't think it will.
Well said.

hornethigh-mhs

urban legend2

Skip Baymore

March 09, 2015, 12:39:57 am #17 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:45:35 am by Skip Baymore
On paper, I think most of us agree that ECS should win (win out).  But Chucktown is a real good, veteran and saavy team who makes this game very interesting.  Not the night for ECS to be off.  Im not sure about calling this the "old rivalry" though.  Unless you are extremely young.  I mean 3 years old or less.

Rebel82

smallybells

I think ECS wins this one and they have already beat Mayflower by 30+.

cdelaney

Quote from: iliveformarch on March 08, 2015, 10:08:27 pm
Episcopal by 20.... then they beat Mayflower by 10 to win the title.
It will be different for ECS today. They will not completely dominate on the boards like they have vs Paris and Flippin, won't force as many turnovers, and may not shoot as well as they did Sunday. They will have to play well to win. I expect a close game. Ward can keep Charleston in it by himself.

neds

teachers pet

You cannot run with Episcopal,  you have to slow it down like Jessieville did in conference championship.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2015, 10:11:47 pm
pressure is 5 kids and 1 chicken. this is a game. Episcopal by 10

JeanClaudeVanHam

Will be rooting for Charleston. But I think ECS wins by 25.

RTF

BigMan15

WPWells

pioneers

12th man where is ward going to play college ball at?

WPWells

Honestly couldn't tell you. He hasn't announced anything yet. I know he likes UCA

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 11:01:30 am
Honestly couldn't tell you. He hasn't announced anything yet. I know he likes UCA

Cool....I'm a UCA guy and they need help.

ZoneBuster

WPWells

Charleston by 3 because I'll never pick against the Tigers

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 11:19:50 am
Charleston by 3 because I'll never pick against the Tigers
And you shouldn't, because they're your team, and more importantly 90% of FF 3A posters would die from a stroke or heart attack if you did.

HeadTiger

hawgsroll

March 09, 2015, 03:46:14 pm #35 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:52:38 pm by hawgsroll
My Pick!!

ECS            68
Charleston   51

Rebel82

neds

WPWells

I'm always nervous about any Charleston game I can't attend. I was nervous about Charleston-Two Rivers football (no offense Longfellow). So to answer your question, yes I'm nervous, but no more nervous than normal

BigMan15

neds

Good deal , me too!
Good luck today, hope all play safe

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: Skip Baymore on March 09, 2015, 12:39:57 am
On paper, I think most of us agree that ECS should win (win out).  But Chucktown is a real good, veteran and saavy team who makes this game very interesting.  Not the night for ECS to be off.  Im not sure about calling this the "old rivalry" though.  Unless you are extremely young.  I mean 3 years old or less.

This line really cracked me up. Hilarious!  Thank you. :)

neds

WPWells

Game has started. I can't get the live stream going. 11-10 ECS with about 3 minutes to go in the first per twitter

WPWells

Radio stream is working. I'm going to try to give somewhat of a play by play on the score thread

neds

WPWells

Actually I will start a new thread in case people want to chatter

Eagle20

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 09, 2015, 08:30:43 am
You cannot run with Episcopal,  you have to slow it down like Jessieville did in conference championship.
Harmony Grove ran with Episcopal and it was a 1 possession game with :13.  It can be done.  Theyost 62-57.

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 09, 2015, 10:43:34 am
Ecs by 15

Pretty close...great season for the Tigers though..nothing to be ashamed of.

neds

Agree Bigman, ECS is a buzz saw this year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas