• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott vs. Mayflower

Started by Lrbasketballguru, March 08, 2015, 08:26:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrbasketballguru

Thoughts? Who wins this one? Will somebody briefly describe Prescott to me? They seem to be a salty squad with pretty good height, but I haven't seen them play.

Head Lion

Straight zone on defense & begged us to beat them from perimenter. Offense goes through two 6'2-6'3" post who are physically strong and pretty good players. Did not take a 3 against us, but was very patient. They all had a good looking stroke from FT line & was very efficient there.

BigWolfC/O2017

Haven't heard anything on Mayflower.What are their strength and weaknesses?Can they shoot that three ball well?

neds

Their key is the left handed guard. He is an above average shooter, but his strength is his ability to drive and get to the free throw line. They have a couple of players that can shoot the three well, not great but good. Their big issue has been consistency. Key player just came back after Christmas and the team has not 'played together' like they could. That said, it looks like they are hitting their stride.

teachers pet

Mayflower, Jessieville and Benton Harmony Grove are all pretty equal, each winning and losing against each other. They are as good as any other team in 3A. Unfortunately,  Episcopal is in this conference and is heads above any other team in 3A.

urban legend2

If Mayflower is going to win, they've gotta keep Roberts (#20) and Stewart (#4) off the glass. Those two aren't prototypical power forward, but they use their 6'2-6'3 frames well around the rim. For Prescott, they've got to limit Perry (don't know if they'll actually stop him) and guard the perimeter. They've got guys that can get streaky.

Hogwild#9

Whoever wins the battle of the boards will win this game. Mayflower had a cake walk to semis. We will see what they are made of now but in all reality they are just playing for state runner up

crmorrow24

Quote from: Head Lion on March 08, 2015, 08:56:26 pm
Straight zone on defense & begged us to beat them from perimenter. Offense goes through two 6'2-6'3" post who are physically strong and pretty good players. Did not take a 3 against us, but was very patient. They all had a good looking stroke from FT line & was very efficient there.
Roberts missed 11 in a row, not too efficient from the line.  If Prescott makes half of their free-throws this game is not close.  Good season Two Rivers!

bb1996

Wolves have 4 seniors who starts for them and a hallfame coach need I say more!!! My son plays for Centerpoint so not much love for them but have to say seniors are doing everything right this time of year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas