• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A - What Will Happen?

Started by Hornet4ever, October 05, 2018, 09:55:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Alright, so after tonight I think it's pretty safe to say this entire conference is pretty jumbled up as far as competition. I truly believe this is Mountainburg's year to finally claim a conference title. However, after Magazine's showing tonight, I'm not so sure. Hackett played Magazine tough, losing in OT. Hackett's also lost to two other quality opponents Mansfield (6-0) and Panama (4-2).

Mountainburg has only lost one game, a tough Greenland team. Hector is still very much competitive, regardless of a loss tonight. Bottom line, nobody is safe each week. I love it, nothing like some competition in a conference that's needed it for awhile.

MICHAELSPAPPY

The only game I have seen is the game tonight at Magazine. And I must say that I had my doubts removed about the Rattlers. They are playing at a high level right now. And Hector obviously has some explosive talent.

I don't know how good Lavaca and Burg are, but I would have to say that either Magazine or Hector ought to be able to give them a close game, at least.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 05, 2018, 10:04:40 pm
The only game I have seen is the game tonight at Magazine. And I must say that I had my doubts removed about the Rattlers. They are playing at a high level right now. And Hector obviously has some explosive talent.

I don't know how good Lavaca and Burg are, but I would have to say that either Magazine or Hector ought to be able to give them a close game, at least.

Or Hackett.... Lol

DnA Prostaff

It's a wash! Lol looks like every week is important to bring your "A" game. 

HorseFeathers

October 05, 2018, 11:37:34 pm #4 Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:09:56 am by HorseFeathers
So as of now
1. Mountainburg 2-0(26)
2. Magazine 2-0(19)
3. Hector/lavaca 2-1(26)
5. Hackett 1-1(13)
6. WYC/Westside 0-3

Next Week
Hector @ Hackett
Magazine @ Lavaca
Wyc @ Mnt Burg
Westside open

Hornet4ever

Big game for Hector and Hackett this week

HorseFeathers

Can we keep it on one thread for the game this week?

Prouddragondad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 05, 2018, 11:37:34 pm
So as of now
1. Mountainburg 3-0(39)
2. Magazine 2-0(19)
3. Hector/lavaca 2-1(26)
5. Hackett 1-1(13)
6. WYC/Westside 0-3

Next Week
Hector @ Hackett
Magazine @ Lavaca
Wyc @ Mnt Burg
Westside open

Mtburg is just 2-0 with 26 points

P.F.G.

I've seen both Hackett and mountainburg play now. Mountainburg has some real weapons on offense. Defense is suspect to the deep ball but they look pretty good. Hackett has the best qb but lack some playmakers around him imo. I haven't seen magazine play but this is the best mountainburg offense I've seen in a long time.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 06, 2018, 08:25:56 am
I've seen both Hackett and mountainburg play now. Mountainburg has some real weapons on offense. Defense is suspect to the deep ball but they look pretty good. Hackett has the best qb but lack some playmakers around him imo. I haven't seen magazine play but this is the best mountainburg offense I've seen in a long time.

I remember seeing Mt Burg offense last year in the playoffs.  I recall looking at the players in the program and their class and figured they would be a little better this year.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 06, 2018, 08:25:56 am
I haven't seen magazine play but this is the best mountainburg offense I've seen in a long time.

I hadn't seen them before last night, and believe me, I was impressed. They are not big, but they come at you!

Greenie

How is the Burg player that broke his leg in the danville/burg game last year? I was on the field when it happened and i just wanted to make sure the guy's leg healed.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Greenie on October 06, 2018, 11:35:47 am
How is the Burg player that broke his leg in the danville/burg game last year? I was on the field when it happened and i just wanted to make sure the guy's leg healed.

He has bounced back just fine this year. He plays LB and was 2nd in the conference in total tackles before Friday's games and he also is our kicker.

Bearden_Bear72

Mountainburg is clearly the favorite right now.  2nd and 3rd will be between hector and magazine.  Hackett bring up the rear.  Lavaca might surprise me and stay at a 3 or 4 but I doubt it

HorseFeathers

BB72 Hector got throttled by Magazine last night...

MICHAELSPAPPY

After seeing Magazine play last night, I wouldn't give anybody else the favorite at this point. Really inspired game. I don't know if they can sustain that, but if they can, anyone who beats them will be rubbing bruises the next morning.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 06, 2018, 12:35:47 pm
BB72 Hector got throttled by Magazine last night...
Well I guess they will get the second seed like I said 😅.  Is hector down or is magazine that far up?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 06, 2018, 03:49:49 pm
Well I guess they will get the second seed like I said 😅.  Is hector down or is magazine that far up?

Evidently in the Hackett game Magazine all of a sudden remembered that they can play football. They looked impressive against Hector. Old-fashioned smash-mouth football. But they do have some big play kids if they need them. Again, I don't know if they can sustain the level of play, but they had it last night.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 06, 2018, 03:49:49 pm
We are not as explosive as years past but we are young and for some reason we waited til the 4th Qtr to start passing the ball. Magazine is much improved also

rattlerfan24

October 06, 2018, 08:51:02 pm #19 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:27:32 am by rattlerfan24
Just my opinion......
This group (especially sophomores and juniors) have been playing at this kind of level since third grade. 

The reason everyone is surprised..... no one really pays attention to little league and junior high...which is fine...I understand why..They made the playoffs every year of little league....won a conference championship in junior high (an undefeated dominant season that year) and have simply continued to play well now into high school....They have worked very very hard...since the 3rd grade...and deserve the success they are having.  I understand why everyone was surprised by the wins against Hackett and Hector...The kids on this team were not surprised at all.  They expected to win..They are winners!  They are a very close knit group and that's what makes them special.

Point I'm making is....this didnt just happen for no reason.....other teams aren't necessarily "down" just because they lost to Magazine....this team didnt just suddenly learn to play football.... they have been winning games for long (yang) ;) time......these kids been playing at a high level for years.

#rattlerpride

rattlerfan24

If any of you have been impressed by this group this year.......just wait til next year!!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 06, 2018, 08:52:09 pm
If any of you have been impressed by this group this year.......just wait til next year!!

Yeah. I can't wait to see the Hyatt kid when he is full grown.

DnA Prostaff

I love it, a good shake up every now and then is just what the Dr. (not Jones) ordered.   I am seeing a lot more competitive fire out of the conference this year that I have in a while.   Every week seems like is an important game.  When there are only 3 teams trying to compete every year in a 7-8 team conference, it can be pretty sluggish.

I have no clue how this will turn out.  Burg looks solid, but Magazine whooped up on Hector, Hector has been a top contender every year they have been in this conference. Hackett/Magazine in OT, lot of fumbles. Now we have Hackett/Hector, Hackett/Lavaca, Hackett/Burg, Hector/Burg, Magazine/Burg to look forward to! 

I love it! #notovertilitsover #anygivenfridaynight

alaskanstorm

DnA if da 'burg survives two away games at hacket and Hector, with Magazine coming to town in between, it will be a miracle.  They will lose at least one of those games.  Magazine is the team in control right now and shouldn't slip up.  If the rattlers do slip up, which they won't.  This could end in a three way tie for first and seeding based of points.

DnA Prostaff

For once I agree with you, that is a very real possibility.  A 3 way tie for points sucks for whoever gets the third seed, but it also a testament for the conference.

I do like that the conference has begun the little league too.   I think that will reap benefits in the years to come.

beach bum

Mountainburg is taking this league still...

P.F.G.

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 06, 2018, 08:42:58 am
I remember seeing Mt Burg offense last year in the playoffs.  I recall looking at the players in the program and their class and figured they would be a little better this year.

The qb is a sophomore but pretty talented. I was shocked at the speed from some of the running backs. The offense does a good job in getting the ball to its playmakers in ways that they can really do some damage. Defense gave up some big plays with the starters in last week to JC but shut it down after that. I want to see that magazine game for sure. Mountainburg is well coached and has some talent to help out even more. Glad the community is showing some support for this team. Just hope everyone can stay healthy the rest of the way.

Dragonsvoice

The Burg plays every year knowing there will be a row to hoe we will always play knowing that there is no easy weeks when your not focused you will loose, so come the end of the year or sooner we shall find out.

Prouddragondad

I'm looking forward to the Burg's last three weeks of the season. It's going to be tough but if there is one team that can win all three games against Hackett, Magazine and Hector I believe this team can do it. I think this team is built to handle it and can pull it off. Hey

P.F.G.

That last three week stretch is brutal for burg. They escape with 2 wins and that's a great run.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas