• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman Vs. Murfressboro

Started by couch-coach06, October 22, 2016, 07:52:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

couch-coach06

tacklethis...

The Rattlers need to win this one...

couch-coach06

Naa just make sure those outlaws win out to keep us in.the drivers seat

Jaybo

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 22, 2016, 08:22:33 pm
Naa just make sure those outlaws win out to keep us in.the drivers seat
You're welcome. LOL

Outlawfreak

I'm gonna b rootn for those rattles!!!!

couch-coach06

Ok we know who you outlaw Fans want to win lol but who do you think will win ? I'm gona go with foreman 42 - smurfs 28

Hornet4ever

I don't see the Murf's giving the Gator's that much of a problem. Foreman seems to be playing good football.

Just for giggles, lets look at a projection.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Foreman (AR) 42, [2016] Murfreesboro (AR) 28

Hmmm... As i suspected.  ;D

BLUEBLOOD

Won't see this out of me very often:  GO RATTLERS!!!

I don't think its impossible, but Murf will have to play the defensive game of their season AND perform on offense against a tough front 7.  I'm not sure Murf has the speed on the outside to stretch the field against the Gators' secondary either.  No easy task for the Rattlers, but I will be rooting for them.

What do I think will happen???
Gators-  44
Rattlers- 18

tacklethis...

Foreman is banged up quite a bit...

outlawlegend

Rat eaters over turtle eaters by 6

Redzone

Gators by 14+
I'd say by more but they will be resting some guys for playoffs.

couch-coach06

couch-coach06

Not over looking anyone but we are getting healthier by the day ... the boys know what's on the line the smurfs will get there best..

Outlawfreak

Look A Here

Think this may be another good game by Dierks, but hard to keep up emotion two weeks in a row...Foreman banged up a little but really had a bye week to heal
Foreman-27
Dierks-21

BLUEBLOOD

October 25, 2016, 11:52:41 am #16 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:54:18 am by BLUEBLOOD
Quote from: Look A Here on October 25, 2016, 11:03:26 am
Think this may be another good game by Dierks, but hard to keep up emotion two weeks in a row...Foreman banged up a little but really had a bye week to heal
Foreman-27
Dierks-21

Good pick......I really thought Dierks might get them this second time to play them this season.  Oh well, guess we will just let them play MURFREESBORO instead.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hollerboy79

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 25, 2016, 11:52:41 am
Good pick......I really thought Dierks might get them this second time to play them this season.  Oh well, guess we will just let them play MURFREESBORO instead.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
+100  ::)

Outlawfreak

darn I thought i was on the wrong thread for a minute lol he's a little behind

Jaybo

stuck in between

Come on Outlaw fans, We all cheered for you guys last week. I thought you would repay the favor this week??

Gators by 14. Puts the last one up late in the 4th. They may be a little hurt, but still one of the two best in the conference.

Blue

As long as I remember watching this conference and that has been a while. Every time the seeds go haywire Murfreesboro is always in the big middle of it. I just can't shake the feeling Smurfs stand up tall this week and win it

Smurfs 27
Aligators 26

couch-coach06

This is some true bulentin board material here we loose one game and now everyone is calling a stinking up set ...

Eslim03

First off I would like to thank the outlaws. Now as for this game we all know the gators will win even the ole blue faithfull. I don't blame them for picking the rattlers but that is just for superstition and their heart wanting it to happen. I am sure the rattlers will bring their best but again I just don't think it will be enough. Go gators.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 25, 2016, 09:20:48 pm
First off I would like to thank the outlaws. Now as for this game we all know the gators will win even the ole blue faithfull. I don't blame them for picking the rattlers but that is just for superstition and their heart wanting it to happen. I am sure the rattlers will bring their best but again I just don't think it will be enough. Go gators.

You would like to say two thanks. Thx we beat the Lions and thx your Gators have already played Dierks...

Eslim03

No just one thanks is in order right now but when ole blue wins out and gets at least 16 points to tie the lions I will thank you guys again.

Blue

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 25, 2016, 07:33:18 pm
This is some true bulentin board material here we loose one game and now everyone is calling a stinking up set ...

I don't know that it would be a upset Murf has the same conference record as you guys both losses to Ida  Foreman did lose to Genoa can Foreman repeat that game is what I keep wondering. Who knows maybe Gators will roll but a repeat if Genoa puts the Smurfs in a good position.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Blue on October 26, 2016, 09:33:06 am
I don't know that it would be a upset Murf has the same conference record as you guys both losses to Ida  Foreman did lose to Genoa can Foreman repeat that game is what I keep wondering. Who knows maybe Gators will roll but a repeat if Genoa puts the Smurfs in a good position.

What if Murfs play like they did against Horatio?  UGGGLLLLYYYY. 

No offense to Foreman fans, I think you are the better team but I'm rooting for the Rattlers to pull out a win. 

That would set up a huge Thursday night game in the holler in week 10.  Would be for #1 seed for the Outlaws and a chance for Murfs to play spoiler and get the #2 seed (I'm assuming a Mt Ida win over LC).

Pat Swilling

I know this is off subject but if Mark King is not voted 2A Coach of the Year this season it will be a shame.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Pat Swilling on October 26, 2016, 09:52:51 am
I know this is off subject but if Mark King is not voted 2A Coach of the Year this season it will be a shame.

Admitted HOMER statement:  Perrin has to be the only other coach in the running for that award besides King.

tacklethis...

+1

stuck in between

I've been trying to figure out what happened in the Genoa game ever since we left there that night and still do not know. Honestly I left thinking Genoa was much improved and were poised to stir things up in the 3-A, but that proved to be wrong. I'm pretty sure Foreman didn't attend any 7 on 7 or team camps this past offseason. Possibly installing a new offense and then only having at best a second or third string defense to run it against in practice gave them a false sense of how good they actually were. I think the early season loss by Foreman to Genoa and the lopsided loss of Murfreesboro to Horatio pretty much crosses each other out. When you look scores against common opponents the edge would have to go to the Gators. Both teams mercy ruled Springhill. Foreman got the mercy rule over L.C. as to Murfreesboro's two point win. Mt. Ida beat the Rattlers by 30 and the Gators by 1. Murf. did handle business in a much better fashion than the Gators against Mineral, but there was a huge difference when it comes to Horatio in the Gators favor. How much weight can be put into all of that I do not know. I've watched film on the Rattlers and they are a good team that looks to be getting stronger every game, however their last two opponents that they have looked so much improved against have a combined two wins in which a game was played.

As far as King and the 2-A coach of the year talk mentioned above, probably very much deserved, but there is still a lot of ball left to play. Let's see how it all goes once the completion really increases. Foreman is tickled pink with him no doubt.   

couch-coach06

Genoa doesn't have the.same.team that beat us there qb has been out for a while now .. but yes if we play them.10 times.we prolly win 9. .. and as for murfs not being an up set that is ridiculous Ida wiped the floor with them .. horatio smoked them ... they won by 2 over Lafayette county .. they smoked mineral and springhill and now all the sudden they are world beaters they will loose the.next 2 weeks end of story ..

stuck in between

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 26, 2016, 10:52:29 am
Genoa doesn't have the.same.team that beat us there qb has been out for a while now .. but yes if we play them.10 times.we prolly win 9. .. and as for murfs not being an up set that is ridiculous Ida wiped the floor with them .. horatio smoked them ... they won by 2 over Lafayette county .. they smoked mineral and springhill and now all the sudden they are world beaters they will loose the.next 2 weeks end of story ..

Dude, step away from the period button.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: stuck in between on October 26, 2016, 11:20:04 am

Dude, step away from the period button.

Emphasis?  or lack of respect for the most common punctuation mark in history?
;D ;D ;D

outlawlegend

When there is no worthy opponent to play an discuss we will call out your grammatical errors an talk Para graphically about endless nonsense. I love it...,,,.. ;)

couch-coach06

XFalkonz

You might go 5-5 against GC but you aren't beating them 9/10. The GC QB was out from the fourth quarter of LC until last week...remember how it was last year with foreman when hall went down against Fouke and how much y'all struggled ....plus add that GC lost a OLB for the year due to concussion and have had multiple banged up players in the 3A6....it isn't the same team that played foreman the first week.

Now...having seen both foreman and Murfreesboro in person....there is no reason to believe that foreman will not win this game unless a couple of their banged up kids cannot go at all...I watched Murfreesboro defend the veer option this summer and while they do have sound technique and good coaching, they don't have the overall speed that foreman has. They do have a good offensive theory and they will move the ball. Foreman still has some depth issues at certain positions and one or two injuries to major players will turn their season sour. I believed that foreman would be no lower than second seed and possibly win their conference after the first game of the season. Foreman can make some noise in the playoffs IF ( huge here) they stay healthy. Murfreesboro had been playing much better than they did early and will make this a good game

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: XFalkonz on October 26, 2016, 12:25:14 pm
You might go 5-5 against GC but you aren't beating them 9/10. The GC QB was out from the fourth quarter of LC until last week...remember how it was last year with foreman when hall went down against Fouke and how much y'all struggled ....plus add that GC lost a OLB for the year due to concussion and have had multiple banged up players in the 3A6....it isn't the same team that played foreman the first week.

Now...having seen both foreman and Murfreesboro in person....there is no reason to believe that foreman will not win this game unless a couple of their banged up kids cannot go at all...I watched Murfreesboro defend the veer option this summer and while they do have sound technique and good coaching, they don't have the overall speed that foreman has. They do have a good offensive theory and they will move the ball. Foreman still has some depth issues at certain positions and one or two injuries to major players will turn their season sour. I believed that foreman would be no lower than second seed and possibly win their conference after the first game of the season. Foreman can make some noise in the playoffs IF ( huge here) they stay healthy. Murfreesboro had been playing much better than they did early and will make this a good game

Murfreesboro playing football in the summer now??  I'm almost certain there are rules against that.

XFalkonz

Blue

You can't compare game scores. You guys beat us handily on the road, turn around and lost a close one to Ida then we go on the road and dominae Ida. I haven't seen anybody deem the Smurfs world beaters but they won't be playing world beaters either. I'm just a guy with an opinion and I know Foreman is capable of laying a egg they have already done it this year. You guys start thinking about the playoffs which would be a natural thing to do overlooking the Smurfs and let them sneak up on you is possible. Just a scary spot for a trap game if you are Foreman

couch-coach06

Last week was the trap game .... after a big let down they will be up for this one . Coach king and the boys know what is on the line here

Outlawfreak

The gators finally have a good year and their talking about the smurfs pulling the upset on THEM?? If u go by the last 5 years it will b an upset if foreman beats them lol

couch-coach06

Ok well this year it's an upset ... geesh just when I was kinda starting to like the outlaw posters a lil y'all woop Ida and here we go

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 26, 2016, 02:56:16 pm
Ok well this year it's an upset ... geesh just when I was kinda starting to like the outlaw posters a lil y'all woop Ida and here we go

chest all puffed out.....got those D hats on, #bleedblue everywhere, Coach P for president.....give us a break couch coach!!

You gotta admit IF the Gators make that 2-pt conversion against Ida, we could still hear the screams from Little River county.
;D ;D ;D ;D

BLUEBLOOD

I got 3 words for you (well, a number & an abbreviation & a word):

2 PT CONVERSION

Blue

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 26, 2016, 02:56:16 pm

I'm just saying Foreman is not 2007-2010 Junction City, you are a very 1 dimensional football team. The QB is a great athlete and you have a couple good backs but if Smurf makes tackles at the line of scrimmage, one thing Dierks did not do at all against you, they have a legit chance of beating you. I just made a statement that throughout the years in this conference when things get crazy like they are now Murfreesboro always seems to be right in the big middle of it. I will be anxiously awaiting scoring updates from the game. I can't make myself cheer for Murfreesboro its not in my DNA but I won't be surprised to play them in 2 weeks for all the marbles.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Blue on October 26, 2016, 03:12:09 pm
I'm just saying Foreman is not 2007-2010 Junction City, you are a very 1 dimensional football team. The QB is a great athlete and you have a couple good backs but if Smurf makes tackles at the line of scrimmage, one thing Dierks did not do at all against you, they have a legit chance of beating you. I just made a statement that throughout the years in this conference when things get crazy like they are now Murfreesboro always seems to be right in the big middle of it. I will be anxiously awaiting scoring updates from the game. I can't make myself cheer for Murfreesboro its not in my DNA but I won't be surprised to play them in 2 weeks for all the marbles.

I agree with you Blue.  Murfreesboro has to be getting motivation from being ignored in most conference co-champ scenarios.  It would be shocking to me if they beat the Gators on the road.  But IF they do, Dierks will be playing for all the marbles (co-champs & #1 seed) in week 10 and Murfs will be playing for co-champs & #2 seed by virtue of their loss to Mt Ida.

stuck in between

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 26, 2016, 03:10:24 pm
I got 3 words for you (well, a number & an abbreviation & a word):

2 PT CONVERSION

The 2 pt. conversion play calls against Mt. Ida, I assume that is what you are referring to? The first one I did somewhat question, but it was called after we had lined up for the extra point and Ida jumped offsides That gave us the ball on the 1-1/2 yard line. Statistics show that going for two is normally a safe decision. That particular time it wasn't. A couple of touchdowns and a muffed extra point attempt from Ida later we found ourselves one point behind with 14 seconds left. If my memory serves me correctly we had only stopped Ida once that half. It was painfully obvious we were not going to keep them from scoring if we were going to go into overtime. The Gators had completed two passes that drive one was a 4th and 11 (I think) and the other was for the touchdown. For the first time in the second half we had the Lions on their heels. Honestly I think at that point the only way we were going to come out with the win was to do it then. In my opinion and I think the general consensus of the fans there that night going for two was the right call. The play that was called had worked several times previously in the 2nd half. Granted we had a lot more field to work with than the 13 yards allowed on a 2pt attempt and that could've been a difference maker, but running it up the gut had gotten turned down the previous attempt. A good call. I think. I'm not lobbying for Coach King to get Coach of the Year honors. That would probably be the worst thing for Foreman cause it could lead to him leaving for a better job and five coaches in five years isn't good for any program. I'm just saying there is a story behind every story.

couch-coach06

Yep if we get the 2 pts it was a great play call I'm glad he went for it ...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas