• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon @ Carlisle (HC)

Started by BisonFan1, October 22, 2016, 06:32:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BisonFan1

Well, somehow, some way, the Bison were able to overcome a 30-6 deficit and escape Brinkley with a victory.  Up next is Clarendon and it is also homecoming.  Several things here:  1)  I know Clarendon (or at least their record) indicates that they have struggled some this year.  I think you can toss that out the window.  For some reason, Carlisle thinks that the Brinkley's, Augusta's, etc., are just going to lay down for them.  That mentality has almost cost them on several occasions.  They need to come out and set the tone early and not allow this team to get up on them and then have to fight to make a comeback.  Start strong, finish strong.  2)  As already stated, it's homecoming week.  While I love all of the activities associated with this week, including all of the alumni coming back, I know that it also can be a distraction for players.  They will need to stay focused all week and not let all of the "other stuff" distract them.  3)  Ty Golleher left last week's game with an injury.  I have not heard the extent and we may not really know until Monday.  If he misses any time, that will be tough to overcome as he is easily one of our best players.  I am hoping for good news, but it didn't look too promising Friday.  With all of that said, I still think the Bison find a way to get a victory and inch closer to that number 2 seed. 

Carlisle:      34
Clarendon:  14

Big Dave

October 22, 2016, 08:12:46 pm #1 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:18:17 am by Big Dave
Heard he is going to the Dr Monday. I'm hoping that he can play, but if not I feel we may have to see Harper step up his game like he did against Brinkley.

Ventman

Bison gonna win big this week. They will be ready to show out for the homecoming crowd.

da greatest bigbaby

The lions win in a high score'n game again like wit marvell hazen an Augusta lol once the offense gets going it will be a run away victory dont look like  Carlisle defense  can stop the high powered lions either to much speed   only mccrory has stopped them  go lions 44-38  had to putt 52 on marvell  40 in the 2nd half marvell actually showed up an played  for somebody lol of course the mighty lions in football wow noo surprise im glad it was @ the lions den  lol 1st team to 30 wins this 1tho an its for the 4th seed state playoff spot on Carlisle's homecoming

BisonFan1

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on October 23, 2016, 10:24:21 am
The lions win in a high score'n game again like wit marvell hazen an Augusta lol once the offense gets going it will be a run away victory dont look like  Carlisle defense  can stop the high powered lions either to much speed   only mccrory has stopped them  go lions 44-38  had to putt 52 on marvell  40 in the 2nd half marvell actually showed up an played  for somebody lol of course the mighty lions in football wow noo surprise im glad it was @ the lions den  lol 1st team to 30 wins this 1tho an its for the 4th seed state playoff spot on Carlisle's homecoming

First off, that was hard to read and comprehend.  Second, while I do agree that Carlisle's defense has been Jekyll and Hyde all year, I do not see the Lions putting up 44 on them.  If you saw the Brinkley game, we turned the ball over several times in the first half.  I think we actually had three or four in the first quarter alone.  That put our defense in some tough spots and Brinkley was able to capitalize.  If we stop turning the ball over and making bone-headed plays, especially at the beginning of the game, we should be fine.  One thing I will say is that these boys tend to play a lot better as the game goes on, especially after their halftime butt-chewings, I mean adjustments  ;D

Ventman

The Bison will be ready this week.

da greatest bigbaby

Well i cant make excuses for the lions defense im not sure whats going on their prolly the lo numbers  lol  an if it wasnt for the four  injuries  a week before the Brinkley game against Palestine wheatly  we would've dare lost to Brinkley this year an 1 of the guys out for the season  had a broken leg he was the star running back an star  basketball player but on offense were still pretty good an were a heck of a lot better then Augusta we putt 46 on them an qb cross is bout as good as dixon an faster  lol an the 52 on marvell we actually had to earn ours   lol but good luck on homecoming Carlisle         go lions whip the bison 44-38

jbtiger73

We still would've beat y'all regardless.they were that hyped for the clarendon game.

MomaLion

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on October 23, 2016, 10:24:21 am
My Lions are going to have to show up from the opening kickoff if they want to stay in this game...no sleep walking through the first half like last week or it'll be a slaughter.  IF they play hard from the start and Carlisle has some mess ups, they can at least make it interesting. Maybe i'm not looking at the numbers correctly but by my calculations, we are playing for the 5th spot and that spot can go several different ways.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 23, 2016, 09:15:32 pm
We still would've beat y'all regardless.they were that hyped for the clarendon game.
doubtful

Hornet4ever

Carlisle shouldn't have any problems with Clarendon. I'm surprised Brinkley gave them the problems they did.

Lions84

Bison should win easy but I expect those ole Lions give them a good fight.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 24, 2016, 04:40:27 am
Carlisle shouldn't have any problems with Clarendon. I'm surprised Brinkley gave them the problems they did.

Well, we turned the ball over three or four times in the first quarter alone, which didn't help matters.  Plus our top RB left the game due to an injury.  Also, I think Brinkley played a good game.  I was impressed with how they executed on offense.  They certainly looked better than their record, at least against Carlisle. 

If the Bison will stop shooting themselves in the foot, they would be just fine.  It's tough when you get down several scores and have to battle back to win. 

BisonFan1

Big Dave any word on the extent of Ty's injury?

Big Dave

Muscle strain...I think. I will know more later.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Big Dave on October 24, 2016, 07:43:41 pm
Muscle strain...I think. I will know more later.

Great news!  Much better than a dislocation or worse.  Hopefully he can get back soon.  Especially for the post season. 

Big Dave

He is going back to the Dr Thursday. He will be out at least Friday. Strained oblique is what they are saying. But we should have a slew of freshman Friday night, I think.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BisonFan1 on October 24, 2016, 11:24:21 am
Well, we turned the ball over three or four times in the first quarter alone, which didn't help matters.  Plus our top RB left the game due to an injury.  Also, I think Brinkley played a good game.  I was impressed with how they executed on offense.  They certainly looked better than their record, at least against Carlisle. 

If the Bison will stop shooting themselves in the foot, they would be just fine.  It's tough when you get down several scores and have to battle back to win.
You fellars better quit spotting teams 24 to 30 points to start the game, one thing about come backs is it does build confidence. 

BisonFan1

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 25, 2016, 09:28:15 am
You fellars better quit spotting teams 24 to 30 points to start the game, one thing about come backs is it does build confidence.

I agree.  I don't like that we are allowing teams to get up on us, but I do like the fact that they continue fighting and have overcome some huge deficits.  Says a lot about their drive and motivation.  Also shows me that our coaches are doing a good job of making adjustments.  But I agree, we have got to stop doing that because it will cost us like it did in Augusta.

Lions84

Bildo

The Bison will not disappoint.... they win big against the Lions.

BrianfromCarlisle

At half....the worst officiating I have seen in years.  Truly pathetic. 

Ventman

Heck of a game. Cross for the Lions is one heck of a player!

MomaLion

What do you mean Brian, 3/4 of the penalties were against us 

BrianfromCarlisle

I mean exactly what I said.  The officials were pathetic.  I knew they were going to be bad 15 minutes before the game. 

MomaLion

But they were bad both ways, especially spotting the ball 

Lions84

Bison escape their HC game by 1. Good job Lions.

Ventman

Quote from: Lions84 on October 29, 2016, 11:05:02 am
Bison escape their HC game by 1. Good job Lions.
Yes they did 84. Clarendon has a salty team!

blindinoneeye

you wouldn't know good officiating if it bit you in the @$$...DA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas