• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett @ Lavaca week 9

Started by corndog, October 21, 2016, 09:46:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

corndog

This one could shakes things up. Especially if Lavaca could win by 13 points.  Both Hackett and Lavaca are coming off big wins. Who you got and why?

Dragonsvoice

I will have to take Hackett in this one after what happened to the Burg tonight. Once again their defense shut us down.

Hornet4ever

raven

Only way Lavaca wins this one is if Hackett doesn't show up. 

Hornet4ever

Lavaca got mercy ruled by Burg, and we won mercy ruled Burg tonight. I dont like getting cocky on here, but I just dont see it happening this week. Think the Hornets may be a little much for Lavaca.

Hornet4ever

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2016] Hackett (AR) 31, [2016] Lavaca (AR) 21

I dont think it will be this close, but you never know. Lavaca could come out swinging and give us all we want...

Hornet4ever

65 yard touchdown pass on a 3rd and 35. Touchdown Hackett!

Ely Stormes 2 point run good.

8-0 Hackett 10:00 left in the 1st q

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Hackett stalls after several penalties

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Hackett intercepts Lavaca'a pass. Hornets ball at the 50 yard line

Hornet4ever

Ely Stormes 50 yard touchdown pass to Robert Collins...

Hackett 14

Lavaca 0

Hornet4ever

Lavaca touchdown pass! Nicely done by the Golden Arrows.

Hackett 14

Lavaca 6

11:07 left in the 2nd q

Hornet4ever

Hackett stalls in the red zone. Lavaca ball at their own 35 yard line

Hornet4ever

Hornets cause a fumble on Lavaca's first play on downs. Hornets take over in the red zone.

Hornet4ever

Cooper Shipman 20 yard touchdown run.

Hackett 22

Lavaca 6

7:00 left in the 2nd q

Hornet4ever

Hackett forces another fumble. Hackett ball at the 50 yard line.

Hornet4ever

Another 50 yard touchdown pass from Stormes to Collins....

Hackett 28

Lavaca 6

6:00 left in the 2nd q

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Lavaca on 4th and long at mid field. Hornet ball at the 50 yard line

Hornet4ever

Hackett stalls in the red zone once again

Hornet4ever

Hackett has had 9 illegal motion penalties

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Lavaca four and out on their first drive from the half

Hornet4ever

Cooper Shipman 50 yard TD run on the Hornets first play of the half.

Brady Hester 2 point try good

Hackett 36

Lavaca 6

10:30 left in the 3rd

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Lavaca on 4th down at the 50 yard line

Hornet4ever

Hackett turns the ball over on downs in the red zone

Hornet4ever

Cooper Shipman TD run.

Hackett 42

Lavaca 6

Start of 4th q

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Good win Hackett, total domination across the board. Two mercy rules in two weeks against two more quality opponents in the 4-2A. Got Westside next week and then looks like Magnet Cove round one... Have a good one Lavaca, keep your heads up.

highschoolball

My second Hackett game to attend this season, this game is best summed up with one word: DOMINATION. I'm not sure what Lonnie Hester has done to this program but it's working and working well. I had a family member with a child on the Hackett football team back in 2010-2012 time frame and I enjoyed watching them play. However, those Hackett teams may have had some success but none like this one or the year prior. Lonnie Hester has taken this program and turned it into a winning program. I've viewed the bracket and the road looks dark for round two, but the Hornets should not hang their heads. I see many years of winning and the sky is the limit with Coach Hester touting the reigns here in this small town. The kids believe they can win, and they go out and give it their all. From the moment Lavaca kicked the ball off tonight, Hackett was at 100 mph and never stopped. 44-6 in the 4th quarter. I've said all that to say this, Hackett I'm impressed. I look forward to watching many more of your games.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: highschoolball on October 29, 2016, 02:21:44 am
My second Hackett game to attend this season, this game is best summed up with one word: DOMINATION. I'm not sure what Lonnie Hester has done to this program but it's working and working well. I had a family member with a child on the Hackett football team back in 2010-2012 time frame and I enjoyed watching them play. However, those Hackett teams may have had some success but none like this one or the year prior. Lonnie Hester has taken this program and turned it into a winning program. I've viewed the bracket and the road looks dark for round two, but the Hornets should not hang their heads. I see many years of winning and the sky is the limit with Coach Hester touting the reigns here in this small town. The kids believe they can win, and they go out and give it their all. From the moment Lavaca kicked the ball off tonight, Hackett was at 100 mph and never stopped. 44-6 in the 4th quarter. I've said all that to say this, Hackett I'm impressed. I look forward to watching many more of your games.

It's been real fun, this is Hester's third year and the program change, fan base, etc. is a lot different from when I was in school. Sure, some could say well when you're winning things are different. That's true, but I think a lot of us just relate to it well because the kids enjoy playing for him and the success that comes along with it is great as well. If we could one day build up a team and make it to WMS, that would be the icing on the cake. Hackett has had much championship success in basketball and have even played in a state title game in basketball. Maybe one day we can transition over to a football state title game!

479sFinest

I was at Hackett during two different head coaches tenures, and neither of them could find the success Coach Hester has. I've talked to many of his players, and they genuinely enjoy playing for him. He isn't just a coach, he's good role model and a leader. With Coach Hester at the helm, I don't see Hackett having many issues in the foreseeable future.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 479sFinest on October 29, 2016, 10:45:24 am
I was at Hackett during two different head coaches tenures, and neither of them could find the success Coach Hester has. I've talked to many of his players, and they genuinely enjoy playing for him. He isn't just a coach, he's good role model and a leader. With Coach Hester at the helm, I don't see Hackett having many issues in the foreseeable future.

The first year he was here we played well, but struggle a little bit in some games. The next year (last years team) we really took off. Then this year we are on another level, I cant wait to see what comes in the next few seasons...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas