• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-4 Standings after Week 7

Started by DHS#1, October 17, 2016, 10:09:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DHS#1

1. Danville*       7-0 (6-0)
2. Hackett         6-1 (4-1)
3. Mountainburg 5-2 (4-2)
4. Lavaca          4-3 (3-2)
5. J.C. Westside 2-4 (1-3)
6. Magazine      3-4 (1-3)
7. WYC            1-6 (0-4)
8. Decatur        0-6 (0-4)

DnA Prostaff

Hackett has a tough draw, looks like they will face England in round 2.....  at England.

Hornet4ever

Dragonsvoice

what happens if Lavaca beats Hackett if possible?

HorseFeathers

wiseguy

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 17, 2016, 02:49:48 pm
Hackett has a tough draw, looks like they will face England in round 2.....  at England.
Maybe Hackett should throw this next game so they can meet England later rather than sooner ::)

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: wiseguy on October 17, 2016, 08:00:42 pm
  Maybe Hackett should throw this next game so they can meet England later rather than sooner ::)
THATS GOOD AND WELL! but we are playing for a rivalry regardless,  I would want us to win. but that's my selfishness!

DnA Prostaff

Even if Hackett gets beat by Mountainburg on Friday it shouldn't change anything right?  They played conference game earlier in the year.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 18, 2016, 08:13:50 am
Even if Hackett gets beat by Mountainburg on Friday it shouldn't change anything right?  They played conference game earlier in the year.

This game Friday means absolutely nothing, the only thing that happens if Hackett loses is Burg can snap their 3 game losing streak to us and we lose our pretty 6-1 record.

DnA Prostaff

That's what I thought... seems a little crazy to me... I would understand playing twice if there were enough numbers to play a b-squad.  If a player were to get hurt this close to playoffs over a non-important game it could be crucial to either team.   Hackett without Stormes or Burg without Pixley....probably different teams.. 

Is this going to be a "B" team game?

Ventman

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 17, 2016, 02:49:48 pm
That just doesn't seem right, that's not a very good reward for coming in second in your conference.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on October 18, 2016, 02:51:47 pm
That just doesn't seem right, that's not a very good reward for coming in second in your conference.

Just like last year... 2nd round draw and trip to Mccrory. We get screwed pretty bad off that.

estep0520

Hornet4ever

DHS#1

Danville with a first round bye. might not be challenged maybe til the simi or at WMS/ but anything can happen in the post season

DHS#1

1. England (7-0)
2. Hector (7-0)
3. Mount Ida (7-0)
4. Hampton (7-0)
5. Danville (7-0)
6. C. Harmony Grove (4-3)
7. Bearden (4-3)
8. Des Arc (6-1)
9. Earle (5-2)
10. Rison (5-2)

Hootens Top 10

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 19, 2016, 09:28:07 am
1. England (7-0)
2. Hector (7-0)
3. Mount Ida (7-0)
4. Hampton (7-0)
5. Danville (7-0)
6. C. Harmony Grove (4-3)
7. Bearden (4-3)
8. Des Arc (6-1)
9. Earle (5-2)
10. Rison (5-2)

Hootens Top 10

Confident that Hackett and Danville could both beat Rison... I've seen them on film and I'm not impressed. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Besides Bohannon Earle doesn't look all that impressive either. Which is odd, last few years Earle has looked really good.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 19, 2016, 09:52:44 am
Confident that Hackett and Danville could both beat Rison... I've seen them on film and I'm not impressed. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Besides Bohannon Earle doesn't look all that impressive either. Which is odd, last few years Earle has looked really good.

Heck des arc wins, holds marvell to -8 yards rushing, Bearden loses and moves ahead of des arc, actually des arc fell 2 spots. 🤔

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2016, 11:10:39 am
Heck des arc wins, holds marvell to -8 yards rushing, Bearden loses and moves ahead of des arc, actually des arc fell 2 spots. 🤔

Pick.... You know Hootens and their love affair of the 8-2A. 😜

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 19, 2016, 11:39:16 am
Pick.... You know Hootens and their love affair of the 8-2A. 😜

It's so obvious it's sad.

HorseFeathers

I don't know if they use a formula or throw names in a hat....but there's no way you gain anything by beating Marvell in any system lol

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 11:41:48 am
I don't know if they use a formula or throw names in a hat....but there's no way you gain anything by beating Marvell in any system lol

You shouldn't be penalized for winning though, I think is what the point is. Hootens has a good way of sucking up to 8-2A teams because they have had some powerful teams in the past. That's really all it is.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 11:41:48 am

Wasn't expecting to gain anything, but sure didn't expect to drop 2 spots AND get passed by a team that lost. Lol

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2016, 03:14:42 pm
Wasn't expecting to gain anything, but sure didn't expect to drop 2 spots AND get passed by a team that lost. Lol

If Rison wins this week Hootens will go down to Rison and take their head coach on a hot date and put them back at #1. Mark my words!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 19, 2016, 12:43:13 pm
You shouldn't be penalized for winning though, I think is what the point is. Hootens has a good way of sucking up to 8-2A teams because they have had some powerful teams in the past. That's really all it is.

My point is that Des arc didn't necessarily lose anything, so much as the other two outgained them...

The getting passed by a team that lost is a head scratcher....go leave a nasty comment asking them for an explanation lol

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 05:27:57 pm
My point is that Des arc didn't necessarily lose anything, so much as the other two outgained them...

The getting passed by a team that lost is a head scratcher....go leave a nasty comment asking them for an explanation lol

10-4.... I'll make sure and leave one tonight. I almost forgot this week!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 05:27:57 pm

Lol, you know that doesn't work. They would probably block me

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2016, 06:01:13 pm
Lol, you know that doesn't work. They would probably block me

After the comments you left the year ya'll lost to J.C by a zillion in the finals, I'm surprised you didn't get blocked from their website....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 08:41:23 pm
After the comments you left the year ya'll lost to J.C by a zillion in the finals, I'm surprised you didn't get blocked from their website....

Yea me too. They know it's true though.  Their love affair for the 8 is terrible.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 19, 2016, 08:43:10 pm
Yea me too. They know it's true though.  Their love affair for the 8 is terrible.

Believe your gripe was over a 2a-7 team that year, Gurdon

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 19, 2016, 08:45:54 pm
Believe your gripe was over a 2a-7 team that year, Gurdon

Oh yea it was. I remember now. I think I will wait and call Barry on the buzz Friday

Hornet4ever

I honestly cannot stand them. Even if Hackett was 3A, I would still complain on the 2A list about something.

AT

JC-Westside helped themselves a lot with the overtime win against Magazine last night in the fight for the 5th playoff spot. The Rebels control their own destiny now.

JC-Westside (2-3) - @ WYC, vs. Hackett
Decatur (1-4) - @ Danville, vs. Lavaca
Magazine (1-4) - @ Mburg, vs. WYC
WYC (0-5) - vs. JC-W, @ Magazine

JC-Westside can clinch this week at Western Yell. If the Rebels win, they will have 3 conference wins and even if Decatur and Magazine win their last two games, JC-W would have the head to head over both of them.

Decatur is mathematically in it, but it doesn't seem likely they will be able to get the wins they need against Danville and Lavaca.

Magazine needs to win their last two to get in and beating Mountainburg at Mountainburg will be extremely tough. Although one does have to wonder if Magazine will move up those 9th graders one night later. I still don't see that being the difference, though. Even if Magazine wins their last two, though, they'd need Westside to lose both of their last two.

You don't get to say this often, but WYC is in about as good a spot as possible while sitting in last place with no wins. If Westen Yell County wins their last two games and the other 3 teams fighting for the 5th spot lose their games against the top 4 teams of the conference...WYC would be in with 2 wins and the head to head over JC-W.

In short, the WYC vs. JC-Westside game is a big one for the final playoff spot. A rematch of a 2 point victory at Westside for the Rebels from Week 2.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas