• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions Week 8

Started by stuck in between, October 17, 2016, 08:08:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Seven weeks are said and done and things are starting to take shape as far as conference seatings go. I went 3-1 last week including the gimmie by Mt. Pine. I don't see any upsets coming in week eight, but that isn't going to keep me from hoping for at least one. So lets start with that one.

Dierks at Mt Ida (10) - Both teams are coming off from a victory where Dierks allowed their fewest points thus far this season against a struggling L.C. team. Ida Is entering this game after an emotional 1 point win over the Gators. Although it appears the Outlaws may be improving on Defense I think if the Lions can keep from having a let down after such a hard fought victory last week they will come out victorious.

Lafayette County (13) Vs. Mt. Pine - The Cougars get the easy win this week and an extra week to prepare for Mineral Springs which they may need in order to secure a 5th seed play off birth.

Spring Hill at Murfreesboro (18) - The Rattlers are currently setting in a three way tie for 2nd in the conference. A win here and a Dierks loss to Mt. Ida along with a probable win by Foreman this week would put them in third place all by themselves couple that with a 24 point win last week and they should have plenty of momentum to take care of Spring Hill who has not won a game on the field since a week one beat down of Bismarck.

Foreman (21) at Mineral Springs - The Hornets are one of three teams tied for last place with one conference victory(this statement is excluding the guaranteed win by L.C. this week over Mt. Pine). M.S. will have to win two of their next three to stay in the play off picture. Unfortunately for them I can't see that happening this week. The Gators left last weeks match possibly more beat up than they went in. They need to get in and out with a 13 point victory and no more injuries. I would think Coach King would only play who he had to, when he had to, to do this or the spread would be larger.

Good Luck to all and hoping for no injuries to your teams.

BLUEBLOOD

Good picks and reasoning behind them.  I hope you are wrong about Dierks/Mt Ida though.

Murfreesboro has done a nice job of getting back into the conversation but still have Foreman & Dierks to go after Springhill game. 

Jaybo

Dierks just muddled the picture a little bit with a 21 pt. win.

couch-coach06

dart

as is forman dierks mt ida for playoffs  triple # 1 in conf

couch-coach06

But how does the whole points thing sort the order? I know foreman has to play a hot smurfs team next week and we are beat all too heck..

Redzone

If foreman wins by 13 points next week they have an automatic number 1 seed. Also if Dierks and/or Mt. Ida win out their conference games. They will be a co-conference champ with Foreman.

dart

forman needs to win by 11 next week to get the #1seed

Yukon Cornelius

Quote from: Redzone on October 21, 2016, 10:39:18 pm
If foreman wins by 13 points next week they have an automatic number 1 seed. Also if Dierks and/or Mt. Ida win out their conference games. They will be a co-conference champ with Foreman.

I don't think it would be automatic, as Dierks could still lose to Murfreesboro.  If that happened and Mt. Ida beats Lafayette Co., Mt. Ida gets the 1 seed by virtue of their head to head win over Foreman. 

Yukon Cornelius

October 22, 2016, 11:14:24 am #9 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:20:44 am by Yukon Cornelius
Quote from: Yukon Cornelius on October 22, 2016, 11:06:46 am
I don't think it would be automatic, as Dierks could still lose to Murfreesboro.  If that happened and Mt. Ida beats Lafayette Co., Mt. Ida gets the 1 seed by virtue of their head to head win over Foreman. 

But if Foreman, Dierks, and Mt. Ida all win out, Foreman only has to beat Murfreesboro by 2 or more.  In the three way tie, Foreman only has to have more points than Mt. Ida since they have the head to head victory over Dierks.  Of course this assumes that Dierks beats Spring Hill by 13 or more and beats Murfreesboro by 3 or more.  Mount Ida can only get to 66 points. 

Cheek

Quote from: Yukon Cornelius on October 22, 2016, 11:14:24 am
But if Foreman, Dierks, and Mt. Ida all win out, Foreman only has to beat Murfreesboro by 2 or more.  In the three way tie, Foreman only has to have more points than Mt. Ida since they have the head to head victory over Dierks.  Of course this assumes that Dierks beats Spring Hill by 13 or more and beats Murfreesboro by 3 or more.  Mount Ida can only get to 66 points.

That is correct.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas