• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG sheriff's deputies threaten to arrest Bearden families

Started by Backwoods Bart, October 15, 2016, 11:33:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 10:17:44 pm
Oh, one more thing. There is no such thing as CHG sheriff deputies. Bearden and Camden Harmony Grove are both in Ouachita County. Therefore, they were Ouachita County deputies. There is no favorism here. They were obviously told to do something here and they did their job. Get off here and go call CHG admin. This whole thread is stupid, I feel like I'm watching CNN.

Have you ever tried getting ahold of the super at HG? It's like going through an act of congress. It's not a big deal but I'm sure it was just a little aggregating for the Bearden fans to be told they we would be arrested if the went on the field but the superintendent himself let the HG people on. What if one of the HG fans had smarted off to a Bearden kid? Also, there is always a huge amount of Ouachita county deputies at any HG sporting event. Besides the 20 or so they have at every football game have you ever been to an HG basketball game? They will have at least 5 to 10 there. Of course, when the superintendent jumps the refs like HG's does, I can understand the need for extra enforcement haha.

WPWells

Why not trespassing? If they're instructed not to enter the field and do so anyway then they're trespassing

Proud Buckaroo

Welll... Here is the Bert we all knew last year..... Quit being a baby about it. It's their field. They can do what they please.....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Coach95 on October 15, 2016, 10:28:18 pm
I am too, we enforce state and federal traffic, criminal law, not school policies.
Unless the school has a contract with the county sheriff's office for sporting events. If they do and are told to not allow people onto the field then they are to enforce it

lionfan59

Coach95

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 16, 2016, 12:02:16 am
Why not trespassing? If they're instructed not to enter the field and do so anyway then they're trespassing

Hard to enforce something that you allow one side to do and not the other, not good policy to allow one and not the other, you open the door for getting the officers in trouble.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Coach95 on October 16, 2016, 08:40:51 am
Hard to enforce something that you allow one side to do and not the other, not good policy to allow one and not the other, you open the door for getting the officers in trouble.

I agree, all or none

HorseFeathers

21st century America....take to social media/internet to complain instead of contacting proper authorities etc...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I saw something similar at carlisle Friday night, p-w had 3 or 4 fans who got to close to the playing field and the ref shewed them back onto the track, they obliged and moved back onto the track. Then over the p.a. speaker the announcer says "if you are not part of the team etc etc etc, you must move behind the cable to watch the game"  (I'm still looking for a cable, there is a chain link fence, I'm guessing that's what he meant) but nothing was ever said to the 70 or 80 carlisle fans on their side of the field who were set up on the track.

ALL OR NONE.

WPWells

Good gosh, when y'all lose you'll find anything to whine about

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2016, 09:39:40 am
21st century America....take to social media/internet to complain instead of contacting proper authorities etc...

Actually, to make your 21st century America illustration complete, you need to include an observation on how those in power do not feel the need to respond to those they are ultimately responsible to. 

beach bum

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 16, 2016, 10:25:59 am
Actually, to make your 21st century America illustration complete, you need to include an observation on how those in power do not feel the need to respond to those they are ultimately responsible to.

THIS

tacklethis...

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 16, 2016, 10:25:59 am

Nor do they have to answer or be held accountable  for their actions...

Hognasty

Bart u are a blooming idiot! People like u are the reason why police officers have the hard job they have. They were instructed to do something by the school to PREVENT problems. I don't doubt that any problems were going on at that time, but they were trying to prevent it from happening. I'm so sorry u didn't get to go out On the field after the game. Ha. My opinion is the field is made for the football players to play on. The band and cheerleaders to perform on at halftime. Not for a brawl to take place after the game because some got beat or cheap shotted during the game. Or an ignorant fan that may have had too much to drink and can hold his composure. Not trying to be hateful, just my opinion. Don't hate on the police, they r there to prevent problems!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hognasty on October 16, 2016, 05:21:41 pm
Bart u are a blooming idiot! People like u are the reason why police officers have the hard job they have. They were instructed to do something by the school to PREVENT problems. I don't doubt that any problems were going on at that time, but they were trying to prevent it from happening. I'm so sorry u didn't get to go out On the field after the game. Ha. My opinion is the field is made for the football players to play on. The band and cheerleaders to perform on at halftime. Not for a brawl to take place after the game because some got beat or cheap shotted during the game. Or an ignorant fan that may have had too much to drink and can hold his composure. Not trying to be hateful, just my opinion. Don't hate on the police, they r there to prevent problems!

Why y'all all jumping on Bart? He's entitled to his opinion just like you are and couldn't there have been an idiot/drunk HG fan that WAS allowed on the field that could have caused a brawl too. If your going to let one side do it then let both.

Hgalum50

Why all yall got to blow things out of proportion! Like is it such a big deal you cant go on the field the only reason they let HG fans on the field was its homecoming moat were parents of the girls on court. Any other game they arent aloud on the field end of story!

beach bum

October 16, 2016, 06:07:42 pm #66 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:40:01 pm by beach bum
My opinion is the field is made for the football players to play on. The band and cheerleaders to perform on at halftime. Not for a brawl to take place after the game because some got beat or cheap shotted during the game. Or an ignorant fan that may have had too much to drink and can hold his composure. Not trying to be hateful, just my opinion.

What percentage of games end seriously in a post game brawl? Like basically none right? Geez, relax dude..... You act like that is some common occurrence. I have never once seen a post game brawl and have watched hundreds upon hundreds of games in my life. Secondly, who seriously drinks at a high school sports function? You might want to start going to AA if you are drunk at a high school game because that isn't normal.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 16, 2016, 05:55:35 pm
Why all yall got to blow things out of proportion! Like is it such a big deal you cant go on the field the only reason they let HG fans on the field was its homecoming moat were parents of the girls on court. Any other game they arent aloud on the field end of story!

And the girls on the homecoming court were on the field?????? Pretty sure the football team was on the field and the homecoming girls were in the bleachers or at the least walking around on the sidelines like every other fan so let's not use that excuse.

lionfan59

Backwoods Bart

See, the problem is that the school created the problem, then gave LE bad instructions, or pitted LE to a probable confrontation.
If the officers are awarded a badge, it's because they have earned the right to be trusted, and they have been evaluated to possess the skills to make tough decisions with or without supervision, I get that. So let's say pre-game, the superintendent ordered nobody on the field, and ordered the LEO to carry that out, but then, the superintendent chose to let his town on the field and not the opposing team when it felt good for him, shame on him!. If I was LE, I would be pretty mad for the school putting them in a sticky situation that should have never been allowed to happen.  Calling me an Idiot in your response is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 16, 2016, 06:31:42 pm
See, the problem is that the school created the problem, then gave LE bad instructions, or pitted LE to a probable confrontation.
If the officers are awarded a badge, it's because they have earned the right to be trusted, and they have been evaluated to possess the skills to make tough decisions with or without supervision, I get that. So let's say pre-game, the superintendent ordered nobody on the field, and ordered the LEO to carry that out, but then, the superintendent chose to let his town on the field and not the opposing team when it felt good for him, shame on him!. If I was LE, I would be pretty mad for the school putting them in a sticky situation that should have never been allowed to happen.  Calling me an Idiot in your response is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I doubt anyone stood there and ordered that the field be opened. It just happened. End of story, but the LEO on the other side did not get the memo.

Wonderdog

It sounds like the CHG administration was being proactive to the possibility of a negative situation. They may or may not have went about it the right way, but they seemed to have planned for a low-risk approach in regards to a potential altercation. The officers/deputies obviously did/said what they felt they needed to in order to get the point across to the Bearden folks.

justagal

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 15, 2016, 11:46:04 am
Maybe they just wanted to keep the peace! Y'all are huge rivals and they didn't want to take no chance of a brawl breaking out. It looks bad, I just think they ment well.

Hampton was stopped as well!!  They even announced on the loud speaker during the game for us not to go onto the field. 

switch hitting tackle

October 17, 2016, 12:25:26 am #73 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:57:51 am by switch hitting tackle
AAA Rules regarding fans:
Inappropriate Behaviors.
Throwing objects onto the playing  area before, during, or after a contest is not permitted.
At no time before, during, or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the playing field. Verbal harassment or derogatory remarks directed toward an opponent or official are not permitted. Spectators are not permitted to hold up newspapers while teams are being introduced or when teams, cheerleaders, or dance teams are performing.

The rules also state that "Crowd Control" is to be enforced by "Law Endorsement" and it is the responsibility of school administration to notify them prior to a game.

Headhunter15

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 15, 2016, 06:28:39 pm
I'm a CHG parent and I know for a fact that there were problems on the field after our loss to Glen Rose from parents of the Beavers' players calling our kids and coaches MFs.  CHG Superintendent did not like it and said it won't happen again and that's why he got the deputies to stand at the gates and had the end zone roped off.  We were all told NOT to try to go onto the field before the game for the spirit line as it is against new AAA regulations.

The deputies were following orders on the "visitor" side, but CHG Superintendent himself held up the ropes on our sideline after the game and let us go on the field for pictures with the team and the Bill Manning Trophy. 

All I can say is that's our rules and if there's a problem, call CHG school and ask to talk to him.  Don't take it personally.  I think we can all thank Glen Rose, Parkers Chapel, and Hampton for shall I say "not so sportsmanlike" actions resulting in precautions being taken in not wanting the fans interacting after the games on the field.

I thought last night's game was very clean and I know a lot of CHG Hornets and Bearden Bears are friends.  I witnessed a good hard fought game with hands shaken after the game.  Good sportsmanship and respect given and earned by both teams.

Ummmm bunch of schools line up for spirit lines from what I've witnessed all football season this year.. is that really a rule lol?

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: Coach95 on October 16, 2016, 08:40:51 am

2A small schools, why do you go on the field anyway? You don't see that at 6-7A, The parents stay in the stands and wait for the kids to come out of the locker room after the coach's give their talk. Going on the field is so childish

Backwoods Bart

October 17, 2016, 08:08:59 am #76 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:10:45 am by Backwoods Bart
I'm a CHG parent and I know for a fact that there were problems on the field after our loss to Glen Rose from parents of the Beavers' players calling our kids and coaches MFs.  CHG Superintendent did not like it and said it won't happen again and that's why he got the deputies to stand at the gates and had the end zone roped off.  We were all told NOT to try to go onto the field before the game for the spirit line as it is against new AAA regulations.

The deputies were following orders on the "visitor" side, but CHG Superintendent himself held up the ropes on our sideline after the game and let us go on the field for pictures with the team and the Bill Manning Trophy. 

All I can say is that's our rules and if there's a problem, call CHG school and ask to talk to him.  Don't take it personally.  I think we can all thank Glen Rose, Parkers Chapel, and Hampton for shall I say "not so sportsmanlike" actions resulting in precautions being taken in not wanting the fans interacting after the games on the field.

I thought last night's game was very clean and I know a lot of CHG Hornets and Bearden Bears are friends.  I witnessed a good hard fought game with hands shaken after the game.  Good sportsmanship and respect given and earned by both teams.

Inappropriate Behaviors.
Throwing objects onto the playing  area before, during, or after a contest is not permitted.
At no time before, during, or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the playing field. Verbal harassment or derogatory remarks directed toward an opponent or official are not permitted. Spectators are not permitted to hold up newspapers while teams are being introduced or when teams, cheerleaders, or dance teams are performing.

The rules also state that "Crowd Control" is to be enforced by "Law Endorsement" and it is the responsibility of school administration to notify them prior to a game.

So, according to the AAA rule that someone posted, your superintendent, broke AAA rules by holding up the rope and letting as many as wanted enter the field (on his side), while grand parents were sparing with LEO on the other side for the same right. That is a disaster in waiting. Please don't take it personal!

#72 Bearden Bear

Heard all this stemmed from the Glen Rose game. They had a group of rowdy fans that were pretty bad at the game, heard they are like that at all GR games. So HG decided only coaches and players allowed on the field after the game. The only reason HG fans were on the field Friday was because of the trophy presentation. Even the Hampton game no one was allowed on the field after game. So it was nothing against Bearden, just some rowdy fans from Glen Rose was the reason for all this.

beach bum

October 17, 2016, 08:46:14 am #78 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:50:17 am by beach bum
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 17, 2016, 08:42:46 am
Heard all this stemmed from the Glen Rose game. They had a group of rowdy fans that were pretty bad at the game, heard they are like that at all GR games. So HG decided only coaches and players allowed on the field after the game. The only reason HG fans were on the field Friday was because of the trophy presentation. Even the Hampton game no one was allowed on the field after game. So it was nothing against Bearden, just some rowdy fans from Glen Rose was the reason for all this.

Glen Rose would never do such a thing..... one, two, three ..... get on my level!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on October 17, 2016, 08:42:46 am

If the ones that make the rules and want a civilized society to follow them, the rule makers should not brake them when it is convenient for the rule makers to choose to. Trophy presentation should have been made in the locker room and according to rules and his instructions, no one was to be allowed on the field..

The problem here is that when you carry a sword around and you show it off, you have to be carful not to fall on it.

dawgpound

October 17, 2016, 09:04:03 am #80 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:11:53 am by dawgpound

The deputies were following orders on the "visitor" side, but CHG Superintendent himself held up the ropes on our sideline after the game and let us go on the field for pictures with the team and the Bill Manning Trophy.  thank hampton for what?  what did hampton do other then winning?

what has hampton done to get this bad reputation? other than win this year

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 17, 2016, 08:08:59 am

Inappropriate Behaviors.

So, according to the AAA rule that someone posted, your superintendent, broke AAA rules by holding up the rope and letting as many as wanted enter the field (on his side), while grand parents were sparing with LEO on the other side for the same right. That is a disaster in waiting. Please don't take it personal!
I won't take it personal.  I never said what happened was politically correct.  I simply stated why those rules at CHG were put in place and I wanted the Bearden fans who were upset to know exactly who let us enter the field after the game.  I hope you all call the CHG superintendent and express your grievances to him. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: dawgpound on October 17, 2016, 09:04:03 am
what has hampton done to get this bad reputation? other than win this year
I don't know dawgpound.  All we heard was there was an ugly tussle between players, coaches, and even cheerleaders at Hampton following the PC game and you guys were our next home game so............CHG didn't want anything bad to happen following the game and they knew there would be a crowd there as Bearden had a bye week.  I think CHG admins handled it fine and there were no bad situations as far as I heard.  And you're right, all you guys have done so far is win.  So honor your fallen coach and keep winning the right way. 

Backwoods Bart

October 17, 2016, 07:01:15 pm #83 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:06:12 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 17, 2016, 06:21:39 pm
I won't take it personal.  I never said what happened was politically correct.  I simply stated why those rules at CHG were put in place and I wanted the Bearden fans who were upset to know exactly who let us enter the field after the game.  I hope you all call the CHG superintendent and express your grievances to him.

I'm good now that we've identified what happened. It was a good ball game and I'll say that again. That's why you're superintendent makes the big bucks I'll let him deal with it.

But you do understand according TO AAA regs., as i inturpet,  your superintendent broke the rules not just bended a new school policy, right?

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 17, 2016, 07:01:15 pm

I'm good now that we've identified what happened. It was a good ball game and I'll say that again. That's why you're superintendent makes the big bucks I'll let him deal with it.

But you do understand according TO AAA regs., as i inturpet,  your superintendent broke the rules not just bended a new school policy, right?
It appears that he did.  We asked about the spirit lines before the games and were told that that was new and was put in place because of a incident somewhere else last year.  I think the precautions are there for a reason, but they're still not fair to everyone.  I always walked out on the field for the spirit line and again after the game to give our guys a pat on the back, win or lose, and I never witnessed any bad behavior until Glen Rose came to CHG back in September.  One fan in particular stood behind our team and coaches as the coach was addressing them after the game and was calling our kids MFs.  I know all Glen Rose folks aren't bad, but that one guy was a complete idiot.  Who says that to 16,17,18 year old kids? 

I wish Bearden luck Friday night.  If you can contain #5, you have a chance to beat them.  Without him, I think we both beat them.  I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find that out, but you guys can find out this Friday.

Backwoods Bart

You're right how about # 5, CHG Hornet. He gave us fits last year too!

Lions84

It depends on where your at.  Some places are fine with it and others announce that your not welcome on the field after the game.

stuck in between

This thread is like a train wreck. Its horribly ugly, but I just cant take my eyes off from it.

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 12:00:51 pm
Whoever called them rent a cops isn't smart. They are there to do a job and if they were told to keep them off the field that's what they did.
Exactly. The cops were there to enforce the rule, I'm sure it wasn't their rule. That came from the AD or head coach...

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Captain Oblivion on October 20, 2016, 01:43:11 pm
Exactly. The cops were there to enforce the rule, I'm sure it wasn't their rule. That came from the AD or head coach...

Already covered this. The Supt., threw the cops under the bus, and put spectators in harms way. That's all

Bearden_Bear72

It really wasnt fair........i know im very late posting this.  It was a great game and both sides saw that even being rivals there is still respect.  Families should've been able to talk to their boys especially seniors after losing a game of that much meaning.  If anyone should be arrest it was the two drunk Hampton fans hollering on every play "yall better get ready for Hampton" which I have no problem cheering for your team, but they were on the Bearden side hollering at ppl individually.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 21, 2016, 10:11:48 am
It really wasnt fair........i know im very late posting this.  It was a great game and both sides saw that even being rivals there is still respect.  Families should've been able to talk to their boys especially seniors after losing a game of that much meaning.  If anyone should be arrest it was the two drunk Hampton fans hollering on every play "yall better get ready for Hampton" which I have no problem cheering for your team, but they were on the Bearden side hollering at ppl individually.

Lol, the "drunk Hampton fans hollering" brings back memories of drunk Bearden fans in 08 hollering "yall don't won't any of Junction city", at least the Hampton fans were using their own team.  ;D

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2016, 10:24:12 am
Lol, the "drunk Hampton fans hollering" brings back memories of drunk Bearden fans in 08 hollering "yall don't won't any of Junction city", at least the Hampton fans were using their own team.  ;D

Not exactly their own team!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bearden_Bear72

Im saying you shouldn't go to a game where neither team is one your cheering for and make a fool on purpose just because.  Bearden had belligerent fans no doubt, doesnt make it correct.  But looking at it from at Hampton fan eyes I might be able to see why.  I mean they have won more this year then last 2011-2014 put together, so yea i guess they wanna cheer at every game even ones not involving them

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 21, 2016, 01:07:21 pm
Im saying you shouldn't go to a game where neither team is one your cheering for and make a fool on purpose just because.  Bearden had belligerent fans no doubt, doesnt make it correct.  But looking at it from at Hampton fan eyes I might be able to see why.  I mean they have won more this year then last 2011-2014 put together, so yea i guess they wanna cheer at every game even ones not involving them

More truth

baseball13

Y would Hampton fan go to a Bearden game when Hampton had a game Friday night? If you dont know it was Hampton Fans dont assume they were!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: baseball13 on October 21, 2016, 04:01:43 pm
Y would Hampton fan go to a Bearden game when Hampton had a game Friday night? If you dont know it was Hampton Fans dont assume they were!

One of the guys I talked to said he was from Hampton and was wearing a Hampton shirt. Said he wanted to check out Bearden and knew the woodlawn Hampton game would be a blow out. He could be lieing but if so he carried it to the extreme.

lionfan59

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas