• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG sheriff's deputies threaten to arrest Bearden families

Started by Backwoods Bart, October 15, 2016, 11:33:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

It is a custom for the families of teams to meet the team post game on the field, and that is the same with Bearden. When the final buzzer sounded, about 200 CHG fans poured out onto the home side of the field. When the Bearden fans went to meet their team. They was stopped by two "deputies" and was warned not to cross the line with threat of arrest. Not 1 Bearden parent was allowed, what several hundred CHG fans was permitted to do on the other side of the field. I support law enforcement, but I GIVE THE TWO RENT A COPS TWO THUMBS DOWN. These are the types of guys that make law enforcement look bad. That's about as nice as I can be right now about this.

AirWarren

Backwoods Bart

mtindian42

Maybe they just wanted to keep the peace! Y'all are huge rivals and they didn't want to take no chance of a brawl breaking out. It looks bad, I just think they ment well.

Backwoods Bart

No one was being rowdy just two deputies being arrogant

Hornet4ever

Probably more to the story here. So you're telling me that the deputies just didn't allow the fans on the field just because ?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 11:49:57 am
Probably more to the story here. So you're telling me that the deputies just didn't allow the fans on the field just because ?
[/quote

They said they were instructed not to allow it. So did someone plan it? Think you are right
, there is more to it than we know.

mtindian42

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 11:48:10 am
No one was being rowdy just two deputies being arrogant
all it would take is a CHG fan saying something to a bearden fan and BOOM! It's On...

Backwoods Bart

It was not a hostile environment last night it was a good game. I didn't see one altercation on the field during the game(when I was there).

Delta_Bravo

They did the same thing after the Hampton game. I would have liked to go down and congratulate the team but it was no big deal. I guess it is just the way they are doing things it's their home field.

Hornet4ever

Whoever called them rent a cops isn't smart. They are there to do a job and if they were told to keep them off the field that's what they did.

mtindian42

October 15, 2016, 12:08:35 pm #11 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:11:15 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 11:56:05 am
It was not a hostile environment last night it was a good game. I didn't see one altercation on the field during the game(when I was there).
why chance it? If they allow it and a fight happens then we are asking why did they allow it? This thread would have said a fight starts after the game cause 2 rental cops did not do there jobs!

dawgpound

They had every county cop and game warden there when Hampton played

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 12:00:51 pm
Whoever called them rent a cops isn't smart. They are there to do a job and if they were told to keep them off the field that's what they did.

Destribute the law equally for everyone and there would be no complaints.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 15, 2016, 12:16:11 pm #14 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:34:24 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Ok, from an outside p.o.v.

Then why let ANY fans on the field? I wouldn't want my kids on the field with 200 opposing teams fans. If you allow one allow all or allow none.

mtindian42

Why not gather in the end zone when it's a rivalrie? 100 yards apart problem solved...😄

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 12:00:51 pm

Allowing one team's parents to go to their children and not allowing the other team's parents to go to their children is what I would say "not smart"!

02cat

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 12:42:20 pm
Allowing one team's parents to go to their children and not allowing the other team's parents to go to their children is what I would say "not smart"!
I bet if something would have happened during or after the game that you needed those "rent a cops" you wouldn't have hesitated to have their help. They probably didn't come up with the plan, they were just doing a job that was assigned to them. If this has happened to other visiting teams than I see no problem with it. It's their home field and their rules, follow them and move on.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: 02cat on October 15, 2016, 12:56:53 pm
I bet if something would have happened during or after the game that you needed those "rent a cops" you wouldn't have hesitated to have their help. They probably didn't come up with the plan, they were just doing a job that was assigned to them. If this has happened to other visiting teams than I see no problem with it. It's their home field and their rules, follow them and move on.

You haven't been doing this football thing very long have you?

02cat

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 01:00:14 pm
You haven't been doing this football thing very long have you?
The football thing and the law enforcement thing for over 15 years now. This whole thread is immature. Upset because you lost and didn't get your way.

Backwoods Bart

October 15, 2016, 01:07:37 pm #20 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:09:27 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: 02cat on October 15, 2016, 01:03:43 pm
The football thing and the law enforcement thing for over 15 years now. This whole thread is immature. Upset because you lost and didn't get your way.

Distribute the law equally. What is so hard for you to understand about that? You being in law enforcement you should know better than anybody.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 01:07:37 pm

Distribute the law equally. What is so hard for you to understand about that? You being in law enforcement you should know better than anybody.

With all due respect!

02cat

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 01:07:37 pm

Your missing my point, those Officers were doing a job that was assigned to them. It wasn't their rules. CHG has their own policies and the Officers were there to enforce it. If you have a problem with the policies then go to the school board and not go after the Officers. They are getting a bad rap already for just doing a job. Do I agree with CHGs policy? No but us arguing and making a thread on a social forum isn't going to change it. You say you respect Officers but this whole post shows otherwise. Good luck to Bearden the rest of the way!!!!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: 02cat on October 15, 2016, 01:20:00 pm
Your missing my point, those Officers were doing a job that was assigned to them. It wasn't their rules. CHG has their own policies and the Officers were there to enforce it. If you have a problem with the policies then go to the school board and not go after the Officers. They are getting a bad rap already for just doing a job. Do I agree with CHGs policy? No but us arguing and making a thread on a social forum isn't going to change it. You say you respect Officers but this whole post shows otherwise. Good luck to Bearden the rest of the way!!!!

I respected the officer because I did what he said and moved on. You can get out of here with that lack of respect. By the way the last time we played on that field, we met our team at Midfield, someone created a possible explosive situation when it really didn't have to be one, and even though we lost the game it ended what was a pretty nice night up until the game was over.

bigworm

It's their home field. they can do whatever the heck they want the way I see it.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bigworm on October 15, 2016, 01:31:53 pm
It's their home field. they can do whatever the heck they want the way I see it.
no they can't they have to go by the AAA.

WPWells

Backwoods Bart

WPWells

What regulations does the AAA have governing who's allowed on the field following the game?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 15, 2016, 01:46:27 pm
What regulations does the AAA have governing who's allowed on the field following the game?

I didn't say there was I just said that they have to Abide by the AAA regulations

Yogi bear

Did they say there was a game warden at the Hampton game?  I know what you mean Bart standing there watching the h.g.fans go on the field and the cops telling us no one was allowed on the field was kinda messed up I thought.Heard their superintendent ordered it.

dawgpound

There was about 10 gw and about 20 deputies they didn't allow ether team fans on the field tho

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 15, 2016, 03:00:53 pm
Did they say there was a game warden at the Hampton game?  I know what you mean Bart standing there watching the h.g.fans go on the field and the cops telling us no one was allowed on the field was kinda messed up I thought.Heard their superintendent ordered it.
[/b]
There ya have it, don't make it seem like the cops were the ones that come up with the idea to not let the fans out on the field!! This thread is ridiculous!!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 15, 2016, 03:11:01 pm
[/b]
There ya have it, don't make it seem like the cops were the ones that come up with the idea to not let the fans out on the field!! This thread is ridiculous!!

This Thread is on point.
I can promise you, any school that comes to Bearden would not be  disrespected like that! That is the last I'm going to say on this topic!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 15, 2016, 03:25:42 pm
This Thread is on point.
I can promise you, any school that comes to Bearden would not be  disrespected like that! That is the last I'm going to say on this topic!
You're making it sound like this is solely on the deputies which is untrue!! This has went from a forum about football to me feeling like I'm watching the news! Cops are getting enough negative criticism as it is so don't try and add to that over something they had no control over!

mtindian42

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 15, 2016, 03:32:35 pm
You're making it sound like this is solely on the deputies which is untrue!! This has went from a forum about football to me feeling like I'm watching the news! Cops are getting enough negative criticism as it is so don't try and add to that over something they had no control over!
well said!

Hornet4ever

HorseFeathers

Fairly certain game atmosphere etc is regulated by host school. Bart....why was bearden interested in hanging out on the field after they lost anyway?

Cheek

The point everyone is missing it it is HG's field and their rules.  Fair has nothing to do with it.  If Beardon fans don't like it, next year when HG comes to town, return the favor.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on October 15, 2016, 05:49:59 pm
The point everyone is missing it it is HG's field and their rules.  Fair has nothing to do with it.  If Beardon fans don't like it, next year when HG comes to town, return the favor.   

Not everyone...I completely get it...I'm not sure I've seen many, if any visiting fans want to hang out on the field after a game anyway....but then again I'm heading out as soon. As a game ends, to beat traffic...

HG Hornet

I'm a CHG parent and I know for a fact that there were problems on the field after our loss to Glen Rose from parents of the Beavers' players calling our kids and coaches MFs.  CHG Superintendent did not like it and said it won't happen again and that's why he got the deputies to stand at the gates and had the end zone roped off.  We were all told NOT to try to go onto the field before the game for the spirit line as it is against new AAA regulations.

The deputies were following orders on the "visitor" side, but CHG Superintendent himself held up the ropes on our sideline after the game and let us go on the field for pictures with the team and the Bill Manning Trophy. 

All I can say is that's our rules and if there's a problem, call CHG school and ask to talk to him.  Don't take it personally.  I think we can all thank Glen Rose, Parkers Chapel, and Hampton for shall I say "not so sportsmanlike" actions resulting in precautions being taken in not wanting the fans interacting after the games on the field.

I thought last night's game was very clean and I know a lot of CHG Hornets and Bearden Bears are friends.  I witnessed a good hard fought game with hands shaken after the game.  Good sportsmanship and respect given and earned by both teams. 

Devilcat54

Bart if there was an issue it would have been with your fans because our players and parents were telling y'all good game and thanks for coming up here to play us. Plus right before beardon got on the bus I gave them all the cut up fruit that was left from our locker room. Because I believe y'all had several players with heat issues Don't try and us into your disagreement. Thanks

duecek

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 15, 2016, 03:32:35 pm

Well your dealing with liberals on here so don't even argue. They are all brainwashed by CNN.

Coach95

tacklethis...

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 15, 2016, 06:28:39 pm
I'm a CHG parent and I know for a fact that there were problems on the field after our loss to Glen Rose from parents of the Beavers' players calling our kids and coaches MFs.  CHG Superintendent did not like it and said it won't happen again and that's why he got the deputies to stand at the gates and had the end zone roped off.  We were all told NOT to try to go onto the field before the game for the spirit line as it is against new AAA regulations.

The deputies were following orders on the "visitor" side, but CHG Superintendent himself held up the ropes on our sideline after the game and let us go on the field for pictures with the team and the Bill Manning Trophy. 

All I can say is that's our rules and if there's a problem, call CHG school and ask to talk to him.  Don't take it personally.  I think we can all thank Glen Rose, Parkers Chapel, and Hampton for shall I say "not so sportsmanlike" actions resulting in precautions being taken in not wanting the fans interacting after the games on the field.

I thought last night's game was very clean and I know a lot of CHG Hornets and Bearden Bears are friends.  I witnessed a good hard fought game with hands shaken after the game.  Good sportsmanship and respect given and earned by both teams.

Leave it to Glen Rose to mess it up for everyone.

Hornet4ever

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Coach95 on October 15, 2016, 08:50:46 pm
One question??? What would they arrest you for???
I'm a LEO myself and only thing I can possibly think,of would be failure to obey an officer

Hornet4ever

Oh, one more thing. There is no such thing as CHG sheriff deputies. Bearden and Camden Harmony Grove are both in Ouachita County. Therefore, they were Ouachita County deputies. There is no favorism here. They were obviously told to do something here and they did their job. Get off here and go call CHG admin. This whole thread is stupid, I feel like I'm watching CNN.

Coach95

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 15, 2016, 10:15:58 pm
I'm a LEO myself and only thing I can possibly think,of would be failure to obey an officer

I am too, we enforce state and federal traffic, criminal law, not school policies.

Coach95

I don't have a statue book with me but normally I think failure to obey a police officer is dealing with him direction traffic.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas