• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Mt Ida

Started by outlawlegend, October 15, 2016, 11:05:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawlegend

It's going to be a slobber knocker

tacklethis...

Quote from: stuck in between on October 19, 2016, 04:48:20 pm
Quote from: Big Boy on October 19, 2016, 03:09:48 pm
I hear ya on the tiebreaker.  BUT, gotta win the game before tiebreaker comes into play.  Coach P & the Outlaws will be ready. 

Need it to be by 2 at least.

I agree it's a little early to discuss tiebreaker scenarios, but I believe those two points we left on the board at MS could come back to haunt us.  Won by 11 and could have covered the 13, if we would have punched the last one in from the 5 yard line instead of taking a knee...A Dierks win will really help Foreman who beat us by 13+.  I guess it's easy to second guess or play armchair QB or whatever from the stands, but I was quietly trying to let the coaches know that a win by 13+ may be important.

It's a little off topic considering the thread title, but since the tie breaker scenario is being discussed I do not see much difference between the #1 seed and the #2 seed until the third round. Both seeds will get a second home game, assuming they win their first. Honestly I'm not too sure I do not like the path the 2 seed will travel to the third round over the 1 seed considering in most opinions  three of the top ten teams in the state comes from the 8-2A. I think the three seed in this whole possible tie breaker conversation has the most to loose with a probable road trip to Hampton in the second round. After all if a conference ends up in a three way tie for first what do you really have to brag about?

Hampton is very beatable...England is where you want to stay away from...

FilmCrew

Quote from: Ball Hawk on October 19, 2016, 01:53:35 pm
Great elementary logic sir!!!

Needed to get down to my audiences level  ;D

outlaw39

Hollerboy79

BLUEBLOOD

Should be a good one tonight.  Football weather finally!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 19, 2016, 09:02:20 am
I also know who threw the halfback pass (Hill) , who caught it (Mounts) , who threw the 2 pt conversions (Faulkner) , who caught them (Roberts, ??) , who scored the winning TD (Faulkner bootleg) , and who told the coach we were down 4 and a field goal wouldn't help (Mays) . Lol

Check me out Tackle......How did I do??

tacklethis...

October 21, 2016, 09:15:58 am #57 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:17:53 am by tacklethis...
Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 21, 2016, 09:06:57 am
Check me out Tackle......How did I do??

Very close...Brandon House caught the first conversion and Richard Huddleston the second... Im very proud you can remember. I thought you were getting old...

Also do you remember who was freaking out about the bootleg play call on the way to the line of scrimmage?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 21, 2016, 09:15:58 am
Very close...Brandon House caught the first conversion and Richard Huddleston the second... Im very proud you can remember. I thought you were getting old...

Also do you remember who was freaking out about the bootleg play call on the way to the line of scrimmage?

I would guess Faulkner was pretty nervous.

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 21, 2016, 09:19:37 am
I would guess Faulkner was pretty nervous.

It was the center...old whats his name....

outlaw2929

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 19, 2016, 11:39:16 am
LOL. You cant remember much about the game but you are sure the pass was ugly!
I thought the pass was pretty myself.

tacklethis...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 21, 2016, 09:49:30 am

I remembered....didn't want to call out "ol whats his name" Icenhower!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: outlaw2929 on October 21, 2016, 10:41:38 am
I thought the pass was pretty myself.

Pretty pass = lands in the hands of the intended receiver.  Old tailback threw a pretty pass too!!!

BLUEBLOOD

I didn't mean to derail the thread with memories from 20+ years ago.  My only reason to bring up that game was that it was a hard-fought game and I think tonight will be too.

There is lots of excitement on both sides and it should be a great atmosphere in the mountains tonight.

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 21, 2016, 11:23:50 am
I didn't mean to derail the thread with memories from 20+ years ago.  My only reason to bring up that game was that it was a hard-fought game and I think tonight will be too.

There is lots of excitement on both sides and it should be a great atmosphere in the mountains tonight.

Mt Ida wasnt always fast, but they were always big and physical...

M.I. D

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 21, 2016, 11:52:28 am
Mt Ida wasnt always fast, but they were always big and physical...

Not much has changed. Still physical and have some size and a little speed. Everyone from Dierks have a safe trip this evening.

Hornet4ever

Donnie Jamon

Hornet4ever

The Bear

Mount Ida giving it away , Dierks playing good fundamental football . Dierks was the bully tonight and the better team this Friday . Hopefully MI can learn from this and move on

outlawlegend

Defense showed up an created havoc for three lions. 21-42 Outlaws

Jaybo

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 21, 2016, 09:49:30 am

Go easy on ole what's his name...

Jaybo

Great job Outlaws on a hard fought win tonight.

M.I. D

Congrats to Dierks they flat out played Mount Ida. Mount Ida made too many mistakes... dropped td passes, missed tackles and called back TD runs for holding. No excuses Dierks played well and tackled much better than Mount Ida.

Hollerboy79

Great 4 quarter game from the Outlaws!

tacklethis...

October 21, 2016, 11:12:15 pm #76 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:14:18 pm by tacklethis...
Quote from: Jaybo on October 21, 2016, 09:50:08 pm
Go easy on ole what's his name...

Lol! Glad to see you back! Been a while since you posted!

And by the way....who won?

Outlawfreak

Great win for OUTLAW NATION!!!!

Outlawfreak

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 16, 2016, 09:51:25 pm
Dierks will keep it close

Of u call 20 points close I guess u was right! Lol

Hognasty

This is the first time I've watched the Outlaws, but I'm not understanding why and how they have been beaten this year! Wow they r explosive. Gang tackling and flying to the football. Mt Ida's ground and pound couldn't get it going. Too much defense. I'm glad My little johns were off so I could watch this one. Glad I made the trip down. I thought Ida was fortunate to even stay n as close as they did. This was a good 2A match. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

outlawlegend

October 22, 2016, 12:30:15 am #80 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:17:03 pm by outlawlegend
We have been working out the kinks in our defense, Ida was one dimensional a no threat in the air, couple plays here an there for them. Sad to see there highly esteemed program go down so drastic. Their total team speed was average, decently physical on defense

Outlaws knew they were going to run up middle so they plugged that up an Ida was helpless.  Total domination with the outlaws kneeling the clock out on Idas 15 yard line.  We could have hung 50+ on them tonight.

tacklethis...

October 22, 2016, 03:55:44 am #81 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:57:32 am by tacklethis...
Quote from: Hognasty on October 21, 2016, 11:48:24 pm
This is the first time I've watched the Outlaws, but I'm not understanding why and how they have been beaten this year! Wow they r explosive. Gang tackling and flying to the football. Mt Ida's ground and pound couldn't get it going. Too much defense. I'm glad My little johns were off so I could watch this one. Glad I made the trip down. I thought Ida was fortunate to even stay n as close as they did. This was a good 2A match. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

3 things....
1.  Key injuries early
2.  Defense played their best game of the season
3.  It took us a couple of weeks to find out #3 needs the ball a lot.

And actually our passing game was not as good in this one as it has been...

Top Shelf

Quote from: M.I. D on October 21, 2016, 09:58:39 pm
Congrats to Dierks they flat out played Mount Ida. Mount Ida made too many mistakes... dropped td passes, missed tackles and called back TD runs for holding. No excuses Dierks played well and tackled much better than Mount Ida.
Those are all excuses.
Nice win Outlaws!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Top Shelf on October 22, 2016, 06:07:39 am
Those are all excuses.
Nice win Outlaws!

No, they are mistakes. Mistakes get you beat. Dierks made less mistakes and executed hence them winning the game.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 22, 2016, 06:22:40 am
No, they are mistakes. Mistakes get you beat. Dierks made less mistakes and executed hence them winning the game.
No, they scored more points. That's how they won the game.

mtindian42

MT Ida was bound to slip up at some point they are a very young Football team.this will help refocus them.

Cheek

This game really shook up the bracket.  Mt Ida went from a one to a three seed at this point. 

Ball Hawk

Congrats to the Outlaws on the big win!!!

This kinds of win, at this time of the year, can send a team on a hot streak through the playoffs!!!

couch-coach06

I told a buddy of mine that Dierks was a better match up to beat Ida than foreman a few weeks ago do to there passing attack but I never figured it would be like that

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 22, 2016, 09:27:22 am
I told a buddy of mine that Dierks was a better match up to beat Ida than foreman a few weeks ago do to there passing attack but I never figured it would be like that

They held the Outlaws passing game in check, it was the rushing attack that they couldnt deal with. But because they sold out on stopping the passing game it made the rushing game effective. That make sense?  It reads stupid to me LOL?

Also we controlled the line of scrimmage on defense....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 22, 2016, 09:42:14 am
They held the Outlaws passing game in check, it was the rushing attack that they couldnt deal with. But because they sold out on stopping the passing game it made the rushing game effective. That make sense?  It reads stupid to me LOL?

Maybe I'm confused,  but how do you sell out on stopping the pass, control the line of scrimmage on defense and get beat by the rush?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 22, 2016, 09:47:15 am
Maybe I'm confused,  but how do you sell out on stopping the pass, control the line of scrimmage on defense and get beat by the rush?

I think tacklethis is from Dierks.....

So the paragraph is about Mt Ida...last sentence is about dierks

couch-coach06

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 22, 2016, 09:42:14 am

Yea I got ya ... honestly if moore is healthy the whole game foreman beats them.also but injury is part of football

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 09:49:20 am
I think tacklethis is from Dierks.....

So the paragraph is about Mt Ida...last sentence is about dierks

Oh ok. Makes a little more sense then.

Outlawfreak

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 22, 2016, 09:50:37 am
Yea I got ya ... honestly if moore is healthy the whole game foreman beats them.also but injury is part of football
Of course yall would've! Lol

outlawlegend

They didn't hold nothing in check if our passes were in front of the receiver instead of behind them it would have been 70-14

tacklethis...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 22, 2016, 09:52:35 am
Oh ok. Makes a little more sense then.

I told you it read stupid...going on little sleep

outlawlegend

Staying healthy is the name of the game from here on

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 08:52:09 am
So... Who would you consider your quality win this year? L/C or Horatio?

Quality win?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Top Shelf on October 22, 2016, 06:41:43 am
No, they scored more points. That's how they won the game.

I don't think you understand. But I'm proud of your effort.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas