• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Mt Ida

Started by outlawlegend, October 15, 2016, 11:05:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Shelf

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 22, 2016, 12:23:25 pm
I don't think you understand. But I'm proud of your effort.
No, I get it. Out of one side of your mouth you said Mt Ida lost because of missed tackles etc (which you attribute to a mt ida mistake, not an Outlaw forced error). But then the other side of your mouth says that you're not making excuses..

Think about it.. you'll get it, eventually

Jaybo

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 21, 2016, 11:12:15 pm
Lol! Glad to see you back! Been a while since you posted!

And by the way....who won?

I been busy with those smaller Outlaws. LOL  I've been reading but haven't posted much lately.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Jaybo on October 22, 2016, 02:36:33 pm
I been busy with those smaller Outlaws. LOL  I've been reading but haven't posted much lately.

And thanks to you guys for that! Your giving them a passion to play hard and win, and teaching them how to be Outlaws.

BLUEBLOOD

Outstanding effort by the Outlaws.  Mt Ida outplayed us in the 2nd quarter but we owned them in the other 3.  The defensive scheme on the front line to take away the dive with the 250+ FB was the key.  Our DE's and LB's made almost every tackle they had opportunity to make.  Mt Ida is a young team and it showed at times, but they will still be a tough out in the playoffs for somebody.

I'm very proud of the Outlaw nation for showing up in big numbers at Mt Ida and being loud.  I was a bit disappointed to see Mt Ida fans starting to leave with 5 minutes left in the game.  I understand the game was pretty much over, but that's a dangerous message to send to your kids when they have won how many conference games in a row??  Every school has those kind of "fans", but I just don't understand it. 

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 24, 2016, 08:27:45 am
Outstanding effort by the Outlaws.  Mt Ida outplayed us in the 2nd quarter but we owned them in the other 3.  The defensive scheme on the front line to take away the dive with the 250+ FB was the key.  Our DE's and LB's made almost every tackle they had opportunity to make.  Mt Ida is a young team and it showed at times, but they will still be a tough out in the playoffs for somebody.

I'm very proud of the Outlaw nation for showing up in big numbers at Mt Ida and being loud.  I was a bit disappointed to see Mt Ida fans starting to leave with 5 minutes left in the game.  I understand the game was pretty much over, but that's a dangerous message to send to your kids when they have won how many conference games in a row??  Every school has those kind of "fans", but I just don't understand it.

Certainly a well coached scheme from the Outlaw staff. But the physical defensive front of the Outlaws was the key...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Top Shelf on October 22, 2016, 01:26:57 pm
No, I get it. Out of one side of your mouth you said Mt Ida lost because of missed tackles etc (which you attribute to a mt ida mistake, not an Outlaw forced error). But then the other side of your mouth says that you're not making excuses..

Think about it.. you'll get it, eventually

I'm not making excuses....? Mt. Ida had many errors in the game, when you make errors in a game against a good team you will lose. If you don't understand that, let me explain further.

The score is 0-0. Mt. Ida ball on the 25 yard line. The lions fumble the snap, and the outlaws recover. Dierks then takes the ball and scores a few plays later.

That's a mistake by a team, a good team like Dierks takes advantage of that.

Sure, Dierks probably used some power game and good offense to fuel their victory, but that doesn't mean Mt. Ida didn't make any mistakes? Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Nobody is making excuses for Mt. Ida, they got beat fair and square. Dierks scored more points, and made less mistakes; therefore winning the game.

Sheesh, kids these days.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 26, 2016, 12:35:14 am
I'm not making excuses....? Mt. Ida had many errors in the game, when you make errors in a game against a good team you will lose. If you don't understand that, let me explain further.

The score is 0-0. Mt. Ida ball on the 25 yard line. The lions fumble the snap, and the outlaws recover. Dierks then takes the ball and scores a few plays later.

Sure, Dierks probably used some power game and good offense to fuel their victory, but that doesn't mean Mt. Ida didn't make any mistakes? Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Nobody is making excuses for Mt. Ida, they got beat fair and square. Dierks scored more points, and made less mistakes; therefore winning the game.

Sheesh, kids these days.

::)

BLUEBLOOD

As an Outlaw fan, I didn't take any of the posts as "excuses".  Turnovers are something that happen during a football game, especially if one team does things to cause the other team problems.  And usually the team who converts those into points is the winner of the game.  Mt Ida posters have given the Outlaws their due on here for winning the game.  They were focused, prepared & motivated to knock Mt Ida off the top of the hill in 7-2A.  No easy task right there.  Both teams will be tough opponents in the playoffs.

On to week 9!!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 26, 2016, 08:59:21 am
As an Outlaw fan, I didn't take any of the posts as "excuses".  Turnovers are something that happen during a football game, especially if one team does things to cause the other team problems.  And usually the team who converts those into points is the winner of the game.  Mt Ida posters have given the Outlaws their due on here for winning the game.  They were focused, prepared & motivated to knock Mt Ida off the top of the hill in 7-2A.  No easy task right there.  Both teams will be tough opponents in the playoffs.

On to week 9!!!

All the posters from Mt Ida except Filmcrew....even "the Bear" gave us our dues.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 26, 2016, 10:27:19 am
All the posters from Mt Ida except Filmcrew....even "the Bear" gave us our dues.

Filmcrew is blind as they come. Watched the game and Mt. Ida didn't belong on the same field that night

Top Shelf

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 26, 2016, 12:35:14 am

Sheesh, kids these days.
True- they won the game because they scored more points..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas