• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Mt Ida

Started by outlawlegend, October 15, 2016, 11:05:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawlegend

Much respect for Mt Ida an their program. Spread vs ground an pound

mtindian42

I have MI wining this one big.

MI 46
Dierks 22

stuck in between

Nothing at all against Ida, but I'll be cheering for the Outlaws to win out.

Outlawfreak

The outlaws are a different team than they was 3 weeks ago!! I think it's gonna b a helluva game!! Outlaws 35-32

couch-coach06

October 16, 2016, 09:51:25 pm #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:56:43 pm by couch-coach06
Dierks will keep it close

monster_island

Another spread team. Bring it on. Foreman was first true running team that we have played this year.

FilmCrew

Ok.... Lets look at some simple comparisons first.

Foreman/Dierks= Loss for Dierks
Foreman/Mount Ida=Loss for Foreman

Gurdon/Dierks= Direks Loss
Gurdon/Jessieville= Gurdon Loss
Jessieville/Mount Ida= Jessieville Loss

I know its all about match ups BUT you have to look at common opponents as a guide when making a prediction.

Calpreps prediction... 46/22 Mount Ida

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 16, 2016, 10:30:22 pm

I know its all about match ups BUT you have to look at common opponents as a guide when making a prediction.

Horatio/Dierks. Horatio loss
Horatio/Gurdon.  Gurdon loss

Doesn't always work, does it?

Also something to remember...
The Gurdon/Fouke loss was without our starting QB and running back\ leading tackler last year. The QB who stepped in had no experience running an offense.

Also for those that don't know. The Foreman game was much closer than the score (Foreman fans will agree). We dropped two TD passes in this game and gave the Gators a fumble on our first drive at our 15...and still were in this game at the buzzer.

Our defense hasn't played well but we have had the opportunity to win in each of these losses.

tacklethis...

Quote from: monster_island on October 16, 2016, 10:27:48 pm
Another spread team. Bring it on. Foreman was first true running team that we have played this year.

You will see more sets than the spread...

FilmCrew

October 17, 2016, 07:50:46 am #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:04:00 am by FilmCrew
Quote from: tacklethis... on October 17, 2016, 03:12:55 am
Horatio/Dierks. Horatio loss
Horatio/Gurdon.  Gurdon loss

Doesn't always work, does it?

Also something to remember...
The Gurdon/Fouke loss was without our starting QB and running back\ leading tackler last year. The QB who stepped in had no experience running an offense.

Also for those that don't know. The Foreman game was much closer than the score (Foreman fans will agree). We dropped two TD passes in this game and gave the Gators a fumble on our first drive at our 15...and still were in this game at the buzzer.

Our defense hasn't played well but we have had the opportunity to win in each of these losses.

I guess you could say that the game wasn't as close as the scoreboard said in the MI/Foreman game as well... We fumbled 3 times and scored one time that the refs said we didn't get in.

BLUEBLOOD

There are a lot of factors to consider and each PREDICTION is only a guess.  Most of us have a rooting interest in this game, so our guess will be far from totally objective.  With that being said, here are the factors I consider and my GUESS:

Mt Ida is going to do what they do.  Not the same team as last season, but still very good.  Seems like they are having more turnovers this season.  Defense is very good as well.  Still the favorite to win the conference.

Dierks suffered some injuries to key players: QB & leading tackler.  They both returned against Foreman and it took about a half for the team to settle in.  Played better against MS, but then put it all together at Laf County this week.  I know LC is down, but I was there and it was total domination by the Outlaws.  Passing game is clicking pretty well and should help to spread the MI defense out and allow some running lanes. 

SO:  if MI shuts down the run game, the Outlaws will do what they did against Foreman and go air attack all the way.  The Outlaws defense has to figure a way to force MI into passing situations.  I'm not concerned about the Outlaws having enough offense to win.  It comes down to who controls the clock.  MI's run game OR Dierks' balanced attack.

I'm an admitted HOMER.  I think we will see a repeat of the game from Fall 1994.

Outlaws- 30
MI- 26

panther07

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 07:50:46 am
I guess you could say that the game wasn't as close as the scoreboard said in the MI/Foreman game as well... We fumbled 3 times and scored one time that the refs said we didn't get in.

Seems to be somewhat of a theme for Mt. Ida with the turnovers this year.  I think it may be time to stop talking about those as though they are some random occurrence or an outlier.  After all, not turning the ball over is a quality of a better opponent.  So that's kind of like saying "If we were a better team, we would have beaten them worse."

FilmCrew

So... Who would you consider your quality win this year? L/C or Horatio?

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 17, 2016, 08:15:52 am
There are a lot of factors to consider and each PREDICTION is only a guess.  Most of us have a rooting interest in this game, so our guess will be far from totally objective.  With that being said, here are the factors I consider and my GUESS:

Mt Ida is going to do what they do.  Not the same team as last season, but still very good.  Seems like they are having more turnovers this season.  Defense is very good as well.  Still the favorite to win the conference.

Dierks suffered some injuries to key players: QB & leading tackler.  They both returned against Foreman and it took about a half for the team to settle in.  Played better against MS, but then put it all together at Laf County this week.  I know LC is down, but I was there and it was total domination by the Outlaws.  Passing game is clicking pretty well and should help to spread the MI defense out and allow some running lanes. 

SO:  if MI shuts down the run game, the Outlaws will do what they did against Foreman and go air attack all the way.  The Outlaws defense has to figure a way to force MI into passing situations.  I'm not concerned about the Outlaws having enough offense to win.  It comes down to who controls the clock.  MI's run game OR Dierks' balanced attack.

I'm an admitted HOMER.  I think we will see a repeat of the game from Fall 1994.

Outlaws- 30
MI- 26

Mt Ida/Dierks   1994....

The Outlaws converted two 2 pts conversions running the swinging gate. Hooked up on a long halfback pass, almost kicked a field goal down 4 (lol), and scored on 4th and long to seal the deal...

FilmCrew

Quote from: panther07 on October 17, 2016, 08:32:05 am
Seems to be somewhat of a theme for Mt. Ida with the turnovers this year.  I think it may be time to stop talking about those as though they are some random occurrence or an outlier.  After all, not turning the ball over is a quality of a better opponent.  So that's kind of like saying "If we were a better team, we would have beaten them worse."

I agree..I was being very sarcastic... this is what it sounded like when tacklethis was making his case as to how close your game was with Foreman.

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 08:52:09 am
So... Who would you consider your quality win this year? L/C or Horatio?

I never read anywhere that Dierks said they had a quality win...

panther07

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 09:05:53 am
I agree..I was being very sarcastic... this is what it sounded like when tacklethis was making his case as to how close your game was with Foreman.

Sarcasm is tough in font sometimes.. And please please please don't ever lump me in with Dierks.  I'm by no means a Dierks supporter haha

FilmCrew

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 17, 2016, 09:02:28 am

Mt Ida/Dierks   1994....

The Outlaws converted two 2 pts conversions running the swinging gate. Hooked up on a long halfback pass, almost kicked a field goal down 4 (lol), and scored on 4th and long to seal the deal...

lol....I guess I should have said this year...

It shows on fearless a record of 9-1-0.... Guess they didn't want to go back that far.

BLUEBLOOD

Mt Ida/Dierks   1994....

Seems like I remember a lot about that game.  Not as much as tackle does though.  Good thing someone did the math on that field goal!!!

FilmCrew

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 17, 2016, 09:07:05 am
I never read anywhere that Dierks said they had a quality win...

It was just a question? Wasn't implying you had one

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: panther07 on October 17, 2016, 09:09:17 am
Sarcasm is tough in font sometimes.. And please please please don't ever lump me in with Dierks.  I'm by no means a Dierks supporter haha

With a name like "panther07", most FF patrons would know you aren't an Outlaw fan.  Be patient with Filmcrew.  He will catch on.

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 09:10:12 am
lol....I guess I should have said this year...

It shows on fearless a record of 9-1-0.... Guess they didn't want to go back that far.

The Outlaws did not fair well against the Lions the year before in 93.

FilmCrew

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 17, 2016, 09:14:00 am
The Outlaws did not fair well against the Lions the year before in 93.

9-1-0.... it looks like it has been a common theme

tacklethis...

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 09:19:45 am

Great coaching....possibly the best in all of 2A. Including Carpenter...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 17, 2016, 09:19:45 am

You are correct, recent history favors the Lions.  The Outlaws have no easy task but the records are out the window when the ball is teed up this Friday night. 

It is almost impossible for this year's team to win any games from the last 10 years.....but they can win this one.

HOGS1976

This is the year to get the Lion off our back, tackling was there last week and looks like Outlaw Nation is ready to roll and give the upset of the year at Stidman Field!!! Tacklethis hope my fonts are better, lol!! Outlaws45 Lions 20!!!! #bleedblue

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: HOGS1976 on October 17, 2016, 09:34:37 am
This is the year to get the Lion off our back, tackling was there last week and looks like Outlaw Nation is ready to roll and give the upset of the year at Stidman Field!!! Tacklethis hope my fonts are better, lol!! Outlaws45 Lions 20!!!! #bleedblue

I personally look for this game to be within 2 TD's, regardless which team comes out on top.  But I hope HOGS is right about the winning team, 1 point or 50 points.......a win is a win and either team will be glad to have it when the fat lady sings!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: HOGS1976 on October 17, 2016, 09:34:37 am

The Outlaws better be physical this week, more than they have to this point. This is the only way to stop Mt Ida's offense...

panther07

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 17, 2016, 09:11:39 am
With a name like "panther07", most FF patrons would know you aren't an Outlaw fan.  Be patient with Filmcrew.  He will catch on.

haha.. you're right.  But that name wouldn't lead you to where my allegiance actually lies either.  Stupid high school kid thinking people wouldn't pick up on where I was from.  Just haven't changed the name. 

stuck in between

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 17, 2016, 09:42:02 am
I personally look for this game to be within 2 TD's, regardless which team comes out on top.  But I hope HOGS is right about the winning team, 1 point or 50 points.......a win is a win and either team will be glad to have it when the fat lady sings!!

Need it to be by 2 at least.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: stuck in between on October 17, 2016, 11:11:59 am
Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 17, 2016, 09:42:02 am

I hear ya on the tiebreaker.  BUT, gotta win the game before tiebreaker comes into play.  Coach P & the Outlaws will be ready. 

hoggystyle

Quote from: panther07 on October 17, 2016, 10:09:08 am
haha.. you're right.  But that name wouldn't lead you to where my allegiance actually lies either.  Stupid high school kid thinking people wouldn't pick up on where I was from.  Just haven't changed the name. 

He's a Rattler at heart guys....

panther07

Quote from: hoggystyle on October 17, 2016, 02:43:38 pm
He's a Rattler at heart guys....

You make a good point, but I have to admit I haven't seen a rattler game in years.  My older brother coaching all over has taken me elsewhere.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: panther07 on October 17, 2016, 03:29:43 pm
You make a good point, but I have to admit I haven't seen a rattler game in years.  My older brother coaching all over has taken me elsewhere.

Murfs haven't played a meaningful game in several years.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Dierks D has their work cut out for them with the Ida attack.  It isn't glamorous but it works if you do it right.  If they find a way to slow the Lions down, they have a chance.  But from what I have heard the Outlaws will need a defensive effort like they haven't had all season long.  It's not impossible, but seems improbable.

Ida-  30
Dierks- 18

Hollerboy79

I hope I'm wrong about this because I am a big homer, but numbers don't lie.

Baker Boys - 34
Adams Twins - 28

Blue

I will say 1 thing if Aunt Ida thinks it's the same old Dierks team they have saw for the past few years they are about to get a surprise. I know in years past I have always thought Ida had the best player on the field which often decides a AA high school game. They won't have the best player on the field this year. Outlaws will be playing their 4th game of the year with all their guns in place it started to show last Friday. Turnovers should decide this one, hold on to the ball win the game. Everybody get out of the log woods early Friday that blue haze will be coming your way. You may win it but you will consider it one of your signature wins this year if you do.
Outlaws 27
Aunt Ida 26

Outlawfreak

Mt Ida/Dierks   1994....

We actually converted a 2 point conversion to seal the deal 16-14 and we didn't use the swinging gate on the one we one it on

tacklethis...

Quote from: Outlawfreak on October 18, 2016, 08:45:01 pm
We actually converted a 2 point conversion to seal the deal 16-14 and we didn't use the swinging gate on the one we one it on

Nope, final was 16-12. The last 2 point conversion only made it to where Mt Ida had to score a td to win in the last minute.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 19, 2016, 03:45:57 am
Nope, final was 16-12. The last 2 point conversion only made it to where Mt Ida had to score a td to win in the last minute.

Tackle has the best memory I know, so in this battle:

Tackle- 97%
Freak- 3%

tacklethis...

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 19, 2016, 08:06:38 am
Tackle has the best memory I know, so in this battle:

Tackle- 97%
Freak- 3%

I also know who threw the halfback pass, who caught it, who threw the 2 pt conversions, who caught them, who scored the winning TD, and who told the coach we were down 4 and a field goal wouldn't help. Lol

Outlawfreak

He may be right. I remember coach nation asked us if we wanted to go for it and he let us decide. I guess we went for it on fourth down to win it. I do remember the touchdown pass that win it was ugly lol looked like something out of the movie Hoosiers lol

Outlawfreak

I hope it's not that close Friday night but I do hope it's a good game. I think the outlaws will b ready!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: Outlawfreak on October 19, 2016, 09:03:13 am
He may be right. I remember coach nation asked us if we wanted to go for it and he let us decide. I guess we went for it on fourth down to win it. I do remember the touchdown pass that win it was ugly lol looked like something out of the movie Hoosiers lol

There was no TD pass at all in that game...

Outlawfreak

October 19, 2016, 09:53:40 am #44 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:04:28 am by Outlawfreak
Maybe it was one of the 2 pt conversions we threw a pass on. #20 to #19 and it was ugly

tacklethis...

Quote from: Outlawfreak on October 19, 2016, 09:53:40 am
Maybe it was one of the 2 pt conversions we threw a pass on. #20 to #19 and it was ugly

LOL. You cant remember much about the game but you are sure the pass was ugly!

Outlawfreak

Yes it was. I do remember that was a big win for us that year. Brian nation was a good coach. Wish he would've stayed longer

Ball Hawk

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 16, 2016, 10:30:22 pm

Great elementary logic sir!!!

Big Boy

I hear ya on the tiebreaker.  BUT, gotta win the game before tiebreaker comes into play.  Coach P & the Outlaws will be ready. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree it's a little early to discuss tiebreaker scenarios, but I believe those two points we left on the board at MS could come back to haunt us.  Won by 11 and could have covered the 13, if we would have punched the last one in from the 5 yard line instead of taking a knee...A Dierks win will really help Foreman who beat us by 13+.  I guess it's easy to second guess or play armchair QB or whatever from the stands, but I was quietly trying to let the coaches know that a win by 13+ may be important.

stuck in between

Quote from: Big Boy on October 19, 2016, 03:09:48 pm

I agree it's a little early to discuss tiebreaker scenarios, but I believe those two points we left on the board at MS could come back to haunt us.  Won by 11 and could have covered the 13, if we would have punched the last one in from the 5 yard line instead of taking a knee...A Dierks win will really help Foreman who beat us by 13+.  I guess it's easy to second guess or play armchair QB or whatever from the stands, but I was quietly trying to let the coaches know that a win by 13+ may be important.

It's a little off topic considering the thread title, but since the tie breaker scenario is being discussed I do not see much difference between the #1 seed and the #2 seed until the third round. Both seeds will get a second home game, assuming they win their first. Honestly I'm not too sure I do not like the path the 2 seed will travel to the third round over the 1 seed considering in most opinions  three of the top ten teams in the state comes from the 8-2A. I think the three seed in this whole possible tie breaker conversation has the most to loose with a probable road trip to Hampton in the second round. After all if a conference ends up in a three way tie for first what do you really have to brag about?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas