• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector vs England

Started by softballfan, October 10, 2016, 02:48:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

Why would they intentionally turn the lights out? What they were gonna beat you up after they beat you on the field? Cell phone lights turn on real fast just swipe and push so I would imagine that they all turned them on so they could see I would have. I think that maybe y'all are reading more into this than you should be.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: big E on October 22, 2016, 05:20:44 am
Why would they intentionally turn the lights out? What they were gonna beat you up after they beat you on the field? Cell phone lights turn on real fast just swipe and push so I would imagine that they all turned them on so they could see I would have. I think that maybe y'all are reading more into this than you should be.
I'll agree they do turn on fast but not everyone at once that quick after the lights went out. But it's over and done with and England played a great game! Felt like our defense played pretty decent, but if you continue to give a potent offense a short field every drive then you can't expect them to continue to stuff them every drive either.

Wildcatalumni21

Maybe someone can also explain why England wouldn't line up and shake our boys hands after the game as well?

Crazyfootballmom

With the lights out our coach didn't want to take the chance of something happening on the fields. Not that either team would have done anything but you never know who might have a hot head.  So why take a chance... As for as the phones being out quick, hector also had them out quick also. I didn't even think of my phone until the hector fans turned theirs on. Both teams played decent, and I hope to see y'all again at WMS.

Old Scrapper

LOL I thought McCrory was the only town that played the light trick! Just kidding Mac people.

RockZilla

I feel much dumber reading these comments about the light going out.  If y'all noticed when y'all left town the the whole south side of town was dark. And also Hector will not be going to War memorial playing like that doubt y'all will go anyway.

mtindian42

LOL! Turrell would shut the lights out a lot back in the day. That's just what they did.

England did not do this on purpose.Had hector won 35-6 the lights was still going to go out.

The Host had nothing to do with it. A car wreck did.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 22, 2016, 08:25:09 am
LOL! Turrell would shut the lights out a lot back in the day. That's just what they did.

England did not do this on purpose.Had hector won 35-6 the lights was still going to go out.

The Host had nothing to do with it. A car wreck did.

They don't wanna believe it, indian

HorseFeathers

For those using the "cheering" as proof that england knew it was gonna happen...the conference championship game had just gone final...they were cheering before the lights went out..The female folk around where I was standing on the fence on their side of the field screamed, And there was an initial panic by the kids...

As far as getting the phones out with the lights, I just wanna say as technologically challenged as I am sometimes, I can turn my light on, on my phone in a matter of seconds..

Let it go....Hector got thumped good last night. And I'd personally say England's got the best team I've seen live since junction city 2009(I think that's the right year) with Byron Jones starring on the defensive line...I honestly believe the 2a title is theirs to lose...Only team I've seen that can match them athletically would be Hampton. And they didn't show the discipline that will be needed to pull off an upset...Not saying they can't be beat, just that it will be a tough chore for anyone in 2a and probably even 3a this year for that matter....

As far as Hector and the playoffs....Gonna be tough going on the road from second round through the semis(if the bracket goes chalk), good team, but it's a tough task for anybody to win 3 in a row on the road in November...

mtindian42

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 08:37:09 am
For those using the "cheering" as proof that england knew it was gonna happen...the conference championship game had just gone final...they were cheering before the lights went out..The female folk around where I was standing on the fence on their side of the field screamed, And there was an initial panic by the kids...

As far as getting the phones out with the lights, I just wanna say as technologically challenged as I am sometimes, I can turn my light on, on my phone in a matter of seconds..

Let it go....Hector got thumped good last night. And I'd personally say England's got the best team I've seen live since junction city 2009(I think that's the right year) with Byron Jones starring on the defensive line...I honestly believe the 2a title is theirs to lose...Only team I've seen that can match them athletically would be Hampton. And they didn't show the discipline that will be needed to pull off an upset...Not saying they can't be beat, just that it will be a tough chore for anyone in 2a and probably even 3a this year for that matter....

As far as Hector and the playoffs....Gonna be tough going on the road from second round through the semis(if the bracket goes chalk), good team, but it's a tough task for anybody to win 3 in a row on the road in November...
solid post HF. +1

Cheek

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 22, 2016, 05:43:13 am
Maybe someone can also explain why England wouldn't line up and shake our boys hands after the game as well?

None of the players could see at first including Hector.  Several people including myself had my cell phone light on so they could see. If you were on the field you would have seen the respect between the players.  They were hugging each other and engaging in conversation like long lost friends, and not simply walking by and shaking hands.  I could hear several discussing being friend on Facebook.  England did not disrespect Hector in any way.  Entergy is tasked with restoring power to everyone , and not just people at a ballgame.  I have not verified, but they may have been waiting until after the game to shut off the grid , so they could start repairing transformers.  The England School District would have rather celebrated in the light and not the dark,  but that was not our call.  Before you bring it up.  The one building on the North end of the stadium is a safe room, and it has a backup power supply.

mtindian42

Quote from: Cheek on October 22, 2016, 08:56:20 am
None of the players could see at first including Hector.  Several people including myself had my cell phone light on so they could see. If you were on the field you would have seen the respect between the players.  They were hugging each other and engaging in conversation like long lost friends, and not simply walking by and shaking hands.  I could hear several discussing being friend on Facebook.  England did not disrespect Hector in any way.  Entergy is tasked with restoring power to everyone , and not just people at a ballgame.  I have not verified, but they may have been waiting until after the game to shut off the grid , so they could start repairing transformers.  The England School District would have rather celebrated in the light and not the dark,  but that was not our call.  Before you bring it up.  The one building on the North end of the stadium is a safe room, and it has a backup power supply.
nice post that shines a light on what really took place in the Dark... +1

Wildcatalumni21

Could the guy that flipped a switch on the light pole, been with Entergy?

bigpound98

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 08:37:09 am

Very well said

BigDoginBlue

So to move past last nights short comings,  who is England thumping this week?

BigLion10

Cheek

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 22, 2016, 09:11:20 am

If he was on top of a pole, I can assure you no one from the England School District is climbing poles.  Again, there is not a master switch in out panel box to turn off all the lights at once.  I have one question for you,  what would England have to benefit from shutting off the lights as soon as the game was over.  The answer is nothing.  Our fans and players had to walk out in the dark just like the Hector fans.  If Hector had won the game, I could somewhat see your gripe, but they didn't.  It is sad I have to explain this to a grown man.  Was what guy who saw the mysterious person turn off the lights, the intoxicated fan screaming the I entire game.  If so, this explains a lot.  If you still have question about the power issue,  call 1-800-9outage, and they can explain it better.

mtindian42

Quote from: Cheek on October 22, 2016, 10:08:45 am
If he was on top of a pole, I can assure you no one from the England School District is climbing poles.  Again, there is not a master switch in out panel box to turn off all the lights at once.  I have one question for you,  what would England have to benefit from shutting off the lights as soon as the game was over.  The answer is nothing.  Our fans and players had to walk out in the dark just like the Hector fans.  If Hector had won the game, I could somewhat see your gripe, but they didn't.  It is sad I have to explain this to a grown man.  Was what guy who saw the mysterious person turn off the lights, the intoxicated fan screaming the I entire game.  If so, this explains a lot.  If you still have question about the power issue,  call 1-800-9outage, and they can explain it better.
that last part is...😂😂😂😂😆😂😂😂

LRLION

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 22, 2016, 09:11:20 am
Entergy guy from England no doubt

lionfan59

1-8009outage 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Devilcat54

Listen guy's power was out on half the town. Everyone should have seen that on their way out. We dropped a few passes that we normally don't. England had a game plan and it worked. The team has to move on and learn from this. If not we'll be out in the 2nd rd . Congratulations England. Yes at first it looked bad on England. But after I looked around and seen all lights were out I then know they didn't do it on purpose. These boys will learn from this and be a better team. Hope for a rematch on Dec 10th

bulldog

October 22, 2016, 10:58:27 am #621 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:53:54 pm by bulldog

Congrats to England and hopefully your two teams will meet at the rock and do it all over again!

HorseFeathers

wiseguy

The Ark.-Auburn game was a photo copy of the England-Hector game :o Didn't see that coming from either game! Great game Auburn and England!!! Back to the drawing board for Arkansas and Hector... Better days ahead ;)

lionfan59

Wise guy got to disagree. Hector did not tuck their tails and lay down and quit.

jsky14

Did Auburn turn off the lights as soon as the game ended?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jsky14 on October 22, 2016, 10:06:10 pm
Did Auburn turn off the lights as soon as the game ended?

Wouldn't have mattered....Arkansas had already been ran out of the stadium

Big Cat Daddy

This stuff on here by some of these folks is ridiculous ::) ::) ::) Typical Hector meltdown. Hector kids played their tails off and got beat life goes on. If you want to blame someone blame the coaching staff at Hector for not having them prepared.

bigworm

Just want to say I was at midfield with all those kids after the lights went out. Those kids from both sides we very encouraging to each other and I don't know how many times I heard "we will see ya at the rock". Kids were hugging and laughing and still having fun. Kudos to the kids and shame on us as fans. Games tend to bring the worst out of people. I apologize for any comment I may have made toward Hector fans. I wish Hector nothing but the best the rest of the season and truly hope we see yall again at WMS. I know you're better than Friday night showed. Win the rest of em Wildcats!! God bless you guys. By the way....that hector crowd was really really loud. Yall know how to get down on the road.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2016, 09:34:15 am
Just want to say I was at midfield with all those kids after the lights went out. Those kids from both sides we very encouraging to each other and I don't know how many times I heard "we will see ya at the rock". Kids were hugging and laughing and still having fun. Kudos to the kids and shame on us as fans. Games tend to bring the worst out of people. I apologize for any comment I may have made toward Hector fans. I wish Hector nothing but the best the rest of the season and truly hope we see yall again at WMS. I know you're better than Friday night showed. Win the rest of em Wildcats!! God bless you guys. By the way....that hector crowd was really really loud. Yall know how to get down on the road.

I spent most of the night on the england side...got there late and didn't want to make the walk over to Hector aide And stand....anyway....you could hear the Hector crowd over the england crowd.....both sides were rocking even when the game was in hand...

02cat

October 23, 2016, 09:39:58 am #630 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:48:33 am by 02cat
Worm you have raised a fine young man, got to talk to him while going to my car.  Hopefully none of my comments came across in a bad way because I didn't mean for them to sound that way. I've heard from a very reliable source that Entergy is the one that cut the power. Just wish they would have waited another 10 minutes or so for everyone to at least be able to get out of stands and players off field. Sure do hope we meet again, that wasn't our typical Hector team. They will regroup I'm sure of and meet you back at WMS. Good luck the rest of the season to y'all as well.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2016, 09:34:15 am
I would also like to apologize to y'all as well! I took the lights thing and the drunk hillbilly comment too personal and let it get the best of me!! Looking back on it all I wish I would have handled it better! Kuddos to England once again and I truly believe we'll see you again at WMS!!

bigworm

I love the hills. I'm a hillbilly myself at heart!!! 😂😂

ISU7

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 21, 2016, 06:31:42 pm
Cowboy can't sing these jams.  metálica rockin at Gaylen Gibbs Stadium
Gaylen Gibbs? He was a football coach at Luxora in the late 70's Very respectable man.

BigLion10

ISU7

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 21, 2016, 08:19:59 pm
They don't want any of Epc or Earle lol
Earle couldn't beat Cross County in Earle. 😷

bigworm

Quote from: ISU7 on October 24, 2016, 12:24:52 am
Gaylen Gibbs? He was a football coach at Luxora in the late 70's Very respectable man.

Hey was HC at England for 30 plus years.

bigpound98

Coach Gibbs greatest man I know

DHS#1

How can Hector even talk about the rock after the way they played. they did not look like a team that will be playing in November especially not December.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 24, 2016, 10:06:38 am
How can Hector even talk about the rock after the way they played. they did not look like a team that will be playing in November especially not December.

England will do the same to y'all

BLUEBLOOD

I wouldn't want my team talking about "the Rock" unless it was "I hope we are fortunate to make it there."  Assuming that either of these teams will stroll through the playoffs isn't a good idea and I bet you won't find any of their coaches subscribing to that theory.  These may very well be the best 2 teams in 2A football this season, but anything can happen. 

Congrats to England.  They have earned their #1 ranking but I doubt they have their feet kicked up this afternoon.  I figure they are preparing for their next game like it's at "the Rock".  Hector is still a top 5 team in 2A and I bet they learned a lot about themselves on Friday night. 

Hornet4ever

Anything can happen in a season.... A good team can beat bad and still come back on top. A good example of this is Greenwood back in 2007. They got beat by Little Rock Christian 44-7 early on in the season, then both the teams met back in WMS. Greenwood won that game by 20 points.

Cheek

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on October 24, 2016, 12:53:25 pm
I wouldn't want my team talking about "the Rock" unless it was "I hope we are fortunate to make it there."  Assuming that either of these teams will stroll through the playoffs isn't a good idea and I bet you won't find any of their coaches subscribing to that theory.  These may very well be the best 2 teams in 2A football this season, but anything can happen. 

Congrats to England.  They have earned their #1 ranking but I doubt they have their feet kicked up this afternoon.  I figure they are preparing for their next game like it's at "the Rock".  Hector is still a top 5 team in 2A and I bet they learned a lot about themselves on Friday night.

England is not beating their chest after this win.  They are taking it one game at a time trying to make it to WMS.  There are several teams that have the ability to end our season if we do not play our best in the playoffs.   We are just worried about Quitman this Friday night. 

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 24, 2016, 10:06:38 am
England would hang half a hundred on Danville 8)

Lionbro20

Could of hung 50 this last Friday,

DHS#1

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 24, 2016, 03:23:17 pm
England would hang half a hundred on Danville 8)
And Danville would of answered with another half a hundred  ::)

Cheek

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 25, 2016, 03:42:43 pm

We are not going to play you twice.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 25, 2016, 03:42:43 pm
Ha! Danville would be lucky to score 6.

DHS#1

Y'all even got lucky to score 6. Y'all had y'all head so far up y'all butt players wanted to score for England (onside kide)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas