• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector vs England

Started by softballfan, October 10, 2016, 02:48:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

softballfan

I know its a week early, but I went back and read all the posts from the 2013 match up in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and there was not any negative comments from either side. Hope everyone can be nice next week and not show their butts on here and not embarrass themselves or their community with stupid comments.

Bigditchlion

It's gonna be a packed house, better get there early! Loud environment for sure. The lions den will be rocking!

softballfan

I know its gong to be a big challenge, but I am ready for the game.

Bigditchlion

Sr. night for England!! Ch 11, ch 16 fearless friday and 103.7 the buzz broadcasting the game. I just hope for lots of lion fireworks!!!!

Lionbro20

Question is can Hector score enough on that salty defense to win

Wildcatalumni21

October 10, 2016, 03:51:49 pm #5 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:54:12 pm by Wildcatalumni21
Nothing but respect for England from the Hector folks!! We hope for a great game as well and will bring a nice crowd too!! Glad all the media will be there to help showcase IMO the 2 best teams in the state and 2 of the best QB's in the state of all classifications!!

Cheek

October 10, 2016, 03:57:13 pm #6 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:22:11 pm by Cheek
England has equal respect for Hector and it should be an awesome atmosphere for High School football.  I do not think there will be much trash talk from the real posters, but there are always imposters who like to stir the pot.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Cheek on October 10, 2016, 03:57:13 pm
England has equal respect for Hector and is should be an awesome atmosphere for High School football.  I do not think there will be much trash talk from the real posters, but there are always imposters who like to stir the pot.
My trash talk is usually all in good fun and just poking at people. Maybe we can all meet up at halftime or something

Bigditchlion

It's going to be fun. Yall take care of business with mc and england has to do the same with cutter. Not many years when there is a #1&#2 in the same conference. Just hope everyone on both sides is healthy for this matchup.

Ventman

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 10, 2016, 03:09:28 pm
It's gonna be a packed house, better get there early! Loud environment for sure. The lions den will be rocking!
Better stock that concession stand for sure. Standing room only for this one.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 10, 2016, 05:17:25 pm
It's going to be fun. Yall take care of business with mc and england has to do the same with cutter. Not many years when there is a #1&#2 in the same conference. Just hope everyone on both sides is healthy for this matchup.
I believe last time that happen was Danville and Magazine or JC and Bearden?

bigworm

Gonna be a great game. I've been watching hector alot. The more I watch, the better they look. We will have to play our best game yet to beat them. But we both still have work to do.

wiseguy

There may be more Hector fans there than Lion fans 8) You guys better make room for us! Wiseguy want's to reserve a skybox ;D

BigLion10

I don't know about that wiseguy England will have it packed on our side

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bigworm on October 10, 2016, 07:20:21 pm
Gonna be a great game. I've been watching hector alot. The more I watch, the better they look. We will have to play our best game yet to beat them. But we both still have work to do.
Trust me I've been watching y'all and trying to find some weaknesses we can exploit but it's tougjh! Besides us, y'all are prolly the only well rounded team I've seen so far this year in person or on film!

wiseguy

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 10, 2016, 09:09:47 pm
I don't know about that wiseguy England will have it packed on our side
Gonna be like a play-off atmosphere ;)

lionfan59

Oh come on now all this niceness is not called for!!!!

02cat

October 10, 2016, 09:25:32 pm #17 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:27:22 pm by 02cat
Are we both on the same side in playoff bracket or could this be a preview of the State Chanpionship?

Just saw the playoff bracket, hopefully this is a preview of State Championship.

Big Cat Daddy

England is going to be tough.

wiseguy

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 10, 2016, 09:17:33 pm
Oh come on now all this niceness is not called for!!!!
go ahead and break the ice so we can get it ON 8)

Lionbro20

We would be on opposite side of bracket

Wildcatalumni21

Opposite side and geez people get upset when trash talking and get upset when being nice hahaha jk

Bigditchlion

Nothing but respect for Gaines and company. England will have to play well to get the W. Hector is tough, they scared Rison so bad last year that they had to call the fire truck to hose the field after yall left there but they forgot to turn them off until the following friday.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 11, 2016, 07:53:13 am
Nothing but respect for Gaines and company. England will have to play well to get the W. Hector is tough, they scared Rison so bad last year that they had to call the fire truck to hose the field after yall left there but they forgot to turn them off until the following friday.
Should've won that one, just got in too big of a hope against a good team! I think it's gonna be a battle next Friday!

Cheek1

Gains and team will score few touchdowns for sure, there number 2 for a reason, but if they can't score more than 63, they probably will go home with a L!  We have some adjustments to make the next couple weeks to get ready, they will see a new Defense, one of our best D backs set out last game, but will be back this week. All respect for Hector.

02cat

Both teams starters should be rested well. I see both of them jumping out to big leads this week and benching starters to keep from injury. It's not gonna be a blowout and the team that wins will only win by 12 or less points. This will be what Friday Night lights is all about. Two goliaths going toe to toe on the ballfield with a packed out stadium.

Ventman

Quote from: 02cat on October 11, 2016, 08:56:05 am
Both teams starters should be rested well. I see both of them jumping out to big leads this week and benching starters to keep from injury. It's not gonna be a blowout and the team that wins will only win by 12 or less points. This will be what Friday Night lights is all about. Two goliaths going toe to toe on the ballfield with a packed out stadium.
I've been waiting on this one for a long time. It's gonna be an awesome game!

Lions84

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Lions84 on October 11, 2016, 09:36:08 am
Lions Road by 48
If you are implying that England beats us by 48 then you must have not seen Hector play this year

Bigditchlion

This will hinge on who makes the fewest mistakes. England has to keep Gaines under control and not give up big plays. Hector will have to cover all of the weapons in England's arsenal.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 11, 2016, 10:31:20 am
This will hinge on who makes the fewest mistakes. England has to keep Gaines under control and not give up big plays. Hector will have to cover all of the weapons in England's arsenal.
I think our run defense will be able to take that aspect away for y'all but we gotta contain the speed of England and not let y'all get to the edges! Also have to make open field, one on one tackles! Both teams have a tough task ahead of them but I truly believe both teams are up for the challenge

Countryboy5

HorseFeathers

Been debating on burning a vacation day for this, or saving those days for the playoffs.....Decisions, Decisions

bigworm

Really? This seems like a no Brainer, buddy. But same 2 teams will be at wms so you could wait till then. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bigworm on October 11, 2016, 08:16:15 pm
Really? This seems like a no Brainer, buddy. But same 2 teams will be at wms so you could wait till then.
I hope you are right on that. But honestly HF why would you wanna miss this game? This game is WAY more important than work duh

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on October 11, 2016, 08:16:15 pm

If Hector loses, they go on the road after round 1. I can make it to England in a little over an hour and a half from Work, sooo, That's why I have the decisions. And the latest I'll be off of work that Friday would be 3:30

Countryboy5

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 11, 2016, 08:08:48 pm
Been debating on burning a vacation day for this, or saving those days for the playoffs.....Decisions, Decisions
I say burn a day I did I think football is better than work lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Countryboy5 on October 11, 2016, 08:22:19 pm
I say burn a day I did I think football is better than work lol

You guys are a bad influence haha

lionfan59

HF burn the day. Come watch England shut the door on Hectors dreams.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 11, 2016, 08:44:30 pm
HF burn the day. Come watch England shut the door on Hectors dreams.

or England's fans go quiet? LoL I can sit and play that game all day

lionfan59

Have you met our fans? We can't even be quiet at the kitchen table.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 11, 2016, 09:19:28 pm
Have you met our fans? We can't even be quiet at the kitchen table.

Must not have the right cook 8)

Bigditchlion

It's gonna be an epic game. The buildup to this one has been since last year. This game was circled on both schedules as well as most in the 2a.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 11, 2016, 09:25:13 pm
It's gonna be an epic game. The buildup to this one has been since last year. This game was circled on both schedules as well as most in the 2a.

Or an epic let down with one team walking away with it....won't suprise me no matter what happens in it...

Bigditchlion

I think both teams will play well. It's going to be fun to watch.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: unbiased_fan on October 11, 2016, 10:35:25 pm
I don't think Hector has enough talent to compete with England for 4 quarters.
We will compete for 4 quarters I'll promise you that! We might win and we might lose but it will be competetive the whole game

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Game of the regular season in 2A for sure.  If I didn't have a rooting interest elsewhere, I would make the trip.  Should be a good game.  I haven't seen either in person, but from what I can gather England may have too many weapons.  Hector is no slouch for sure. 

With England's weapons & home field, I gotta go with England by a slim margin.

England- 34
Hector- 28

Dr. Defense

The Dr. will be in the house for this one for sure.....Having seen Hector play the last two years and watching England this season against JC I'm looking forward to a great game

lionfan59

The question for England will be which star shines the brightest Friday night.  Pick one to focus on and try and shut down and you have many more making you pay. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas