• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P/W @ Carlisle

Started by BisonFan1, October 08, 2016, 07:48:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BisonFan1

This should be a great game and one of the better week seven match ups in 2A.  Palestine-Wheatley comes in undefeated.  Carlisle, I feel, is really hitting their stride and seem to be improving each and every week.  P/W has some athletes and speed which has given Carlisle issues this season.  I think we will be able to move the ball and score...the question is, can we get some stops on defense?  I think this game has the potential to be a shoot-out.  The last team with the ball very well might win the game.  Carlisle being at home should help.  I think the Bison pull this one out and get a huge conference victory.   

Carlisle:  46
P/W:        42

hornetfan8

I like Carlisle in this one. Carlisle 40 PW 24

bigworm

I remember coming to watch this game when these seniors were 9th graders. It was a double over time game in Carlisle in which pdub came out victorious. I'll go with PW 28 Bizen 26

Ventman

PW is stout but the Bison have the potential to win the game if they play well.

TNT43012

Quote from: bigworm on October 08, 2016, 10:32:20 pm
I remember coming to watch this game when these seniors were 9th graders. It was a double over time game in Carlisle in which pdub came out victorious. I'll go with PW 28 Bizen 26

It was a 4OT game

bigworm

big E

If PW can complete some passes to thrash Jordon and Fogg to keep the Bison honest they will win . Cameron Thrash is the most unused weapon in 2a I promise you the kid could start at tight end for any team and we don't get him the ball. He should have 15 touches a game. If we can't complete some passes then we're gonna have to play defence like we did at McCrory to win.

tmycjy

Quote from: BisonFan1 on October 08, 2016, 07:48:54 pm
This should be a great game and one of the better week seven match ups in 2A.  Palestine-Wheatley comes in undefeated.  Carlisle, I feel, is really hitting their stride and seem to be improving each and every week.  P/W has some athletes and speed which has given Carlisle issues this season.  I think we will be able to move the ball and score...the question is, can we get some stops on defense?  I think this game has the potential to be a shoot-out.  The last team with the ball very well might win the game.  Carlisle being at home should help.  I think the Bison pull this one out and get a huge conference victory.   

Carlisle:  46
P/W:        42

Hey I just went threw the number pw 28 Carlisle 17

mtindian42

October 09, 2016, 12:17:18 pm #8 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:08:12 pm by mtindian42
This will be a war.

PW 31
Car 20

Old Scrapper

28-22 - contain #9 on Carlisle and the 28  goes to the Patriots if not the the 28 will be on the Bison side.

Lions84

big E

Team speed wise it's not close . If our line decides to play football . We can win . Gotta get Dawson and Jordon to the 2nd level and they're gone. If that doesn't happen then we are gonna have to lean on our defence like we did against McCrory.

Hornet4ever

Next three weeks will show how good PW really is, I think Carlisle wins this week.

big E

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 11, 2016, 09:55:54 pm
Next three weeks will show how good PW really is, I think Carlisle wins this week.
When you have been in a funk like our football teams have been in since 04 you kinda enjoy the fact that we are actually going to be in the post season. I dont8know how good we are,we have some athletes and some pretty hard nosed kids. All I know for sure is we've won  6 games with A basketball coach a baseball coach a softball coach 2 rookies and last but not least the one person that lived through the Farmer era O line coach Ryan Halbert none of which have any head coaching experience. And they keep finding a way to win. Somebody's doing something  wright.

Ventman

I've always said PW will get it going and they have. The Bison will have to play at a very high level to beat the Pats. Should be a good game.

littleman

Does somebody want to buy my supper???

Hornet4ever

Carlisle 28 PW 22

Should be a good one..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I think I will be in attendance at this game tonight.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 14, 2016, 07:04:22 am
I think I will be in attendance at this game tonight.
Should be a good one Pick.  A win can give the Scourge of the Grand Prairie a real shot at the 2 seed in the playoffs

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 07:13:32 am
Should be a good one Pick.  A win can give the Scourge of the Grand Prairie a real shot at the 2 seed in the playoffs

Heck if yall win and PW beats us, it could really jumble things up.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 14, 2016, 07:27:16 am
Heck if yall win and PW beats us, it could really jumble things up.
If that happened, and all 3 win the rest of their games, then it would be PW, DA, CARLISLE I do believe.  Losing to Augusta hurt Carlisle.  Oh to have that one back.  LOL

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 07:30:31 am
If that happened, and all 3 win the rest of their games, then it would be PW, DA, CARLISLE I do believe.  Losing to Augusta hurt Carlisle.  Oh to have that one back.  LOL

Yea I forgot about that loss.

The Boz

I was at Augusta game. Carlisle executes very well on offense but defense is very below average. Teams with any speed run at will. I think Carlisle will need to control the ball and not turn it over to have a chance to get the W. Couple of PW turnovers and Carlisle could pull it off.

The Boz

I have been watching most of Carlisle games for the last 8 or 9 years and seems like the 6-2A is way down as a whole this year. For years Carlisle, Hazen and Des Arc were top ten or even top 5. Des Arc is around 9 or 10 in 2A IMO. The rest top 20 or 25. I guess we will see come playoff time. Carlisle should finish 5-5 or 6-4 with 4th or 5th playoff seed.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 14, 2016, 08:53:45 am #24 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:58:52 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: The Boz on October 14, 2016, 08:38:32 am
I have been watching most of Carlisle games for the last 8 or 9 years and seems like the 6-2A is way down as a whole this year. For years Carlisle, Hazen and Des Arc were top ten or even top 5. Des Arc is around 9 or 10 in 2A IMO. The rest top 20 or 25. I guess we will see come playoff time. Carlisle should finish 5-5 or 6-4 with 4th or 5th playoff seed.

There are not 8 or 9 2a teams better than Des Arc, 5 maybe 6 tops. After the foreman mount ida game tonight it could be less than that.

Your statement about the "rest being top 20 or 25" verifies you don't know alot, seeing how with you saying carlisle finishes 5-5 or 6-4, that would mean they lose to p-w who would be 7-0 and top 10 worthy.

BrianfromCarlisle

If Carlisle wins tonight, they will finish 7-3. I don't think they will lose again in regular season.

The Boz

I think 7-3 is possible. I hope your right but I would bet 6-4 or 5-5. And as far as Des Arc they are a good team but after watching the Carlisle/Des Arc game. I think 9 or 10 is were they are but like I said the playoffs will clear every thing up. Next few weeks will be fun to watch. I am driving down tonight to watch Carlisle/PW and I wish my Bison the best.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 08:56:02 am
If Carlisle wins tonight, they will finish 7-3. I don't think they will lose again in regular season.
I agree!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The Boz on October 14, 2016, 09:04:20 am
I think 7-3 is possible. I hope your right but I would bet 6-4 or 5-5. And as far as Des Arc they are a good team but after watching the Carlisle/Des Arc game. I think 9 or 10 is were they are but like I said the playoffs will clear every thing up. Next few weeks will be fun to watch. I am driving down tonight to watch Carlisle/PW and I wish my Bison the best.

If you have watched carlisle as long as you claim, you know the whole carlisle hazen des arc triangle, means you can throw out the records and it's going to be tough most years.

Not to mention after coach got in our players butts, they shut carlisle down 4th qt.

But back to carlisle pw

The Boz

IMO if PW can win tonight at Carlisle they still don't have any wins over a top 10 team. They go 10-0 they would be 9 or 10 at best. If Des Arc wins the 6-2A the same for them. Nothing personal that is just my opinion. I am hoping for a Carlisle win but they will have to play very good and force some turnovers. Defense gives up to many points and yards. England would mercy rule everybody in the 6-2A this year.Just my opinion  :o :o

Big Dave

Defense kept DA to its lowest yards all season and same to Hazen. Tonight we will see which Carlisle team shows up. I think they can pull it off.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Big Dave on October 14, 2016, 09:54:49 am
Defense kept DA to its lowest yards all season and same to Hazen. Tonight we will see which Carlisle team shows up. I think they can pull it off.

Your defense played good for 3 quarters, to bad the game was 4 quarters long. Lol

Seriously though,  carlisle is the 2nd or 3rd toughest team we've played.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Home team wins in a game of evenly matched teams.

Carlisle-  28
P/W-  22

Ventman

Quote from: The Boz on October 14, 2016, 09:47:13 am
IMO if PW can win tonight at Carlisle they still don't have any wins over a top 10 team. They go 10-0 they would be 9 or 10 at best. If Des Arc wins the 6-2A the same for them. Nothing personal that is just my opinion. I am hoping for a Carlisle win but they will have to play very good and force some turnovers. Defense gives up to many points and yards. England would mercy rule everybody in the 6-2A this year.Just my opinion  :o :o
I agree England would curb stomp any team in the 6.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on October 14, 2016, 10:55:53 am
I agree England would curb stomp any team in the 2A.

I fixed that for you.

BrianfromCarlisle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 11:00:16 am
LOL!!!  nice catch Pick.

He's one of those posters that just say the conference is down when their team struggles. Where I believe carlisle will beat someone in the playoffs they are not "supposed" to.

Ventman

October 14, 2016, 11:27:30 am #37 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:32:29 am by Ventman
Any team from the 6 that is. The league is down this year. I really don't care if Carlisle beats anyone or even makes it to the playoffs. I've seen the good teams from the 6 play this year and I've also seen England play. England is better but that's just my opinion. I haven't seen PW yet but I don't think they would keep it close with England. All this is just my opinion and doesn't amount to anything. Time will tell.

BrianfromCarlisle

I really don't think any team is within 2 tds of England in 2a

Lionbro20

Hampton poster in 3.. 2.. 1..

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 11:51:18 am
I really don't think any team is within 2 tds of England in 2a
We will find out next week in England when Hector rolls into town.

BrianfromCarlisle

Gotta out score England.  Defense is too good to let that happen

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on October 14, 2016, 12:01:18 pm
Gotta out score England.  Defense is too good to let that happen

Would have to play keep away from them in order to have a chance.

Lions84

PW by 7.  Eat that meat Eat that meat, EAT that Bison MEAT!

big E

Don't really care how we would fare against England at this point . If we see them that means we have won a few games in the post season. So yaaaaaah hooooooo.

brown2010

Carlisle wins this game tonight

da will beat pw hate to say that to BIG E

brown2010

RiverEagle079

you have to consider that England has the D1 players.  Is it two or three guys that makes all the difference between 2A teams

RiverEagle079

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If carlisles coach calls anything but runs up the middle, they should fire him tonight.  PW is weak up the middle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas