• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville @ Hackett week 7

Started by Hornet4ever, September 30, 2016, 09:52:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 15, 2016, 01:39:03 am
Good job to both teams!  Hackett stayed right with the #2 team in 2A. Much respect!
They didn't play Hector ::) lol

mtindian42

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 15, 2016, 12:51:03 pm
They didn't play Hector ::) lol
i go by rexes top 5 on the football scoreboard show. He had danville #2

Hornet4ever

Quote from: dc3 on October 15, 2016, 12:19:26 pm
A kid staying on the ground THAT long deserved an ambulance ride IMO. Hope all is ok!

No kidding

Fan_Man

Quote from: dc3 on October 14, 2016, 09:50:32 pm
That was initiated by a hornet fan
I did not hear a yell from a Hackett fan until the whole Danville side let a cheer out while Hackett had a man on the field.  All the players had taken a knee.  I have never seen fans cheer while an injured player was down.  The Hackett fan started yelling AFTER the cheering occurred.  (I totally do not believe the Hackett fan should have yelled either, but just to clarify when he started yelling. 

dc3

Quote from: Fan_Man on October 15, 2016, 02:15:44 pm
I did not hear a yell from a Hackett fan until the whole Danville side let a cheer out while Hackett had a man on the field.  All the players had taken a knee.  I have never seen fans cheer while an injured player was down.  The Hackett fan started yelling AFTER the cheering occurred.  (I totally do not believe the Hackett fan should have yelled either, but just to clarify when he started yelling.

The only time the Danville side cheered while the kid was on the ground was when the Danville fan said to the hornet fan (after the hornet fan had already said "meet me in the parking lot") "look at the score board"
With that being said.. that moment was not the time or place for either side to be yelling across the field. But I can assure you, no Danville fan cheered due to an injury!

Hornet4ever

It was a heat of the moment ordeal. The yelling from both sides was stupid.

Hornet4ever

But the Danville fans cheering during an injury time out was bad, no matter the circumstances.

Fan_Man

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 03:40:57 pm
But the Danville fans cheering during an injury time out was bad, no matter the circumstances.
Very much agree....Again, I did not hear that from a hornet fan.

HorseFeathers

Why are we carrying on the argument....Danville won, hackett lkst, follow Disney's lead and let it go

Fan_Man

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 15, 2016, 04:06:08 pm
Why are we carrying on the argument....Danville won, hackett lkst, follow
Disney's lead and let it go

This wasn't about winning or losing,  but about respect  to a player when a player  is injured.

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Danville had a hard time covering sophomore Brady Hester.. Here are some of his highlights from the Danville game.

http://www.hudl.com/v/qqHEF

Allen T

The above post was correct "What's done is done". There was heated moments on both sides. With a game like this words are going to be said. What I can not understand was why there was no ambulance at the game. I thought that every high school game had to have one. We had a paramedic on the Danville sidelines who went out to help. I'm just glad that it was not more serious then it was. On another note, I talked with some Hackett fans after the game. They said that the Danville players showed  great sportsmanship by helping up Hornet players and patting them on the back. That's what every player should be taught to do. Anyway, was a great played game. I'm watching it again now as I write this post and to me it's just as fun watching two good teams battle as it was Friday night!

estep0520

There's no way Danville is #2 in 2A, Hampton and England are way better than them..

Allen T

Time will tell on how good the Little Johns are this year. I feel that they have played very well considering that the vast portion of their players are 10th graders. Playoffs are just around the corner and then we will see. The one thing that they will have to do is to stop all those mistakes. They had a touchdown called back late in the  game last Friday against Hackett, Also fumbled on the 9 yard line which of given them a first and goal. And failed to get points on other occasions when they were deep. Hackett was the best we've faced all year. And we were able to overcome and win. We don't work on fixing things and it could be a short playoff run.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: estep0520 on October 16, 2016, 02:01:00 pm
There's no way Danville is #2 in 2A, Hampton and England are way better than them..

The bad thing about it, England, Hampton and des arc look to be all on the same side of the playoff bracket

WPWells

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 16, 2016, 02:43:55 pm
Bad for Des Arc maybe....

Or anyone else for that matter, only good thing, they will have to beat us in des arc.

DanvilleFan

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 15, 2016, 01:17:16 pm
No kidding
Both medics on the Danville side recommended that....not their field so not there call....the whole point of removing the face mask was to secure the helmet to a spine board, which was. not available apparently. Pretty classy for them to not only tend to him but carry him to the Hackett sideline and stay there until his vitals were checked and wait for an ambulance to arrive. And yes a ambulance is required at varsity games.  The yelling was initiated by a Hackett fan in the stands...yes disrecspectful from both sides! And agree very talented sophomores for Hackett, we have several too, at one time on defense 7 were on the field. In fact numbers 1, 5, 7, 10, 11 (injured), 12, 21, 24, 25, 31, 40, 42, 50, 52, 54,55, 60 and 67 are sophomores and played.

DanvilleFan

Quote from: DanvilleFan on October 16, 2016, 05:42:32 pm
Both medics on the Danville side recommended that....not their field so not there call....the whole point of removing the face mask was to secure the helmet to a spine board, which was. not available apparently. Pretty classy for them to not only tend to him but carry him to the Hackett sideline and stay there until his vitals were checked and wait for an ambulance to arrive. And yes a ambulance is required at varsity games.  The yelling was initiated by a Hackett fan in the stands...yes disrecspectful from both sides! And agree very talented sophomores for Hackett, we have several too, at one time on defense 7 were on the field. In fact numbers 1, 5, 7, 10, 12, 21, 24, 25, 31, 40, 42, 50, 52, 54,55, 60 and 67 are sophomores and played.

Hornet4ever

You know they say football is a game is missed opportunities. Hacket had several, we dropped two possible long time touchdown passes. We couldn't convert a 1st and 3 or 2nd and 3 and a 3rd and 3!! Danville took the game when they had too. It was a great game, I'm disappointed because we could have won but I am proud of the kids. We are very sophomore heavy and they played big.

Hornet4ever

I expect big things from Hackett the next two years. So far the sophomores this year have lost 2 games the last 3 years. It will hurt losing Stormes but we will continue to get better!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on October 16, 2016, 01:31:55 pm
The above post was correct "What's done is done". There was heated moments on both sides. With a game like this words are going to be said. What I can not understand was why there was no ambulance at the game. I thought that every high school game had to have one. We had a paramedic on the Danville sidelines who went out to help. I'm just glad that it was not more serious then it was. On another note, I talked with some Hackett fans after the game. They said that the Danville players showed  great sportsmanship by helping up Hornet players and patting them on the back. That's what every player should be taught to do. Anyway, was a great played game. I'm watching it again now as I write this post and to me it's just as fun watching two good teams battle as it was Friday night!

ALLEN how are you watching the game again?

Allen T

Our local cable Company Arkwest. shows each Jr. and Sr. High game every weekend. The Senior game was on Sunday afternoon at 1. I guess they record it from the press box at ea. game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas