• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville @ Hackett week 7

Started by Hornet4ever, September 30, 2016, 09:52:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Hackett catches touchdown, refs say no.

b-ball fan

Not a td if he don't land in-bounds...BTW. the "catch" on the other sideline could/should have been called out of bounds

Hornet4ever

Stormes converts 3rd and 10 with a good scramble. Hacketts ball on Danvilles 3 yard line.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: b-ball fan on October 14, 2016, 08:22:40 pm
Not a td if he don't land in-bounds...BTW. the "catch" on the other sideline could/should have been called out of bounds

Cause ref standing at the play has a worse angle than the bleacher refs lol

b-ball fan

I said could he was the one making the definitive call on the td pass

Hornet4ever

Ely Stormes touchdown Ely Stormes scramble 2 point conversion

Danville 20

Hackett 14

56 seconds left in the half

mtindian42

Hornet4ever

Hackett to receive the ball to start 2nd half

rattlerfan24

Hornet4ever

Hackett drops long pass. That one hurt...

Hornet4ever

Hackett converts 3rd and 10. Awesome catch

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Touchdown Hackett!

Hackett 22

Danville 20

6:38 left in the 3rd

HorseFeathers

Hackett recovers the fumble on the kickoff!...hornets start at the Danville 31

Hornet4ever

rattlerfan24

HorseFeathers

Wth, was that...a reverse pass...picked off by danville

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

4th down Danville on the Hackett 48 yard line

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 14, 2016, 09:14:58 pm
4th down Danville on the Hackett 48 yard line

And madding went beast mode

Hornet4ever

Hackett commits a face mask and Danville gets setup with perfect yardage. Touchdown Danville

Danville 26

Hackett 22

1:32 left in 3rd

Hornet4ever

Hackett offense stalls. 4th and long.

Start of 4th quarter

Hornet4ever

Kyle madding shows his speed long run

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Hackett looks as if they've have ran out of steam

Hornet4ever

Danville fumbles a for sure touchdown run. Hackett takes over on their own 5

rattlerfan24

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Danville fans showing their true colors

dc3

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 14, 2016, 09:46:24 pm
Danville fans showing their true colors

That was initiated by a hornet fan

wideopendownthesideline

Idk whats more fun to watch... the game or the disrepectful fans yelling back and forth during an injury time out...

Hornet4ever

Hackett driving late. Gotta score here and score again. Running out of time..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: dc3 on October 14, 2016, 09:50:32 pm
That was initiated by a hornet fan

The helmet to helmet contact has been ridiculous, not hard to see...

Hornet4ever

Hackett turns the ball over on downs 2 mins left in the 4th. Great game Hackett, just missed it by a few plays... Very proud of our boys!!

dc3

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 14, 2016, 09:52:08 pm
The helmet to helmet contact has been ridiculous, not hard to see...

I don't disagree but by both teams.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc3 on October 14, 2016, 09:56:59 pm
I don't disagree but by both teams.

OK the neutral guy here, can agree....good ref crew tonight Imo..

Congrats little John's on the W

wideopendownthesideline

Good game... danville just to fast and wore down hackett..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: wideopendownthesideline on October 14, 2016, 10:01:30 pm
Good game... danville just to fast and wore down hackett..

You could really see it at the end. Hackett was neck and neck and even lead Danville in the 3rd quarter. We just ran out of steam. Danville is a good team, Madding is a very good QB. Have a safe trip home Danville

Dragonsvoice

congrats to Danville for the win.  congrats to Hackett for making it a game.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 14, 2016, 10:24:04 pm
congrats to Danville for the win.  congrats to Hackett for making it a game.

Yeah it was a good one. Wish we could have scored on our last drive. Ran out of time and steam!

DanvilleFan

Told ya it would be a battle, great game Hackett, any update on the player that was down for a while??

highschoolball

First Hackett game I've been to this season. I've seen Danville play once. This game was a good one, Hackett is a lot better then I thought they would be. Hackett had several chances in this game to take over, and possibly win. I was speaking with a Hackett fan tonight and he told me that Hackett has several sophomores on the field and it showed a little bit. There isn't anything wrong with that, when you are young sometimes big games get the best of you, and thats football for you. Hackett scored to go up on Danville late in the 3rd and then recovered a fumble on the ensuing kick off. Had Hackett taken the ball down on that drive and scored I think we would be talking about a different winner here. Kudos to Danville for staying in tough in that momentum swing and taking back over. Both of these teams are top 10 material, Danville is a little bit better on the offensive side. Madding is an excellent athlete. Hackett did a good job of containing him for the most part, but anytime he got daylight it was bad news for the Hornets. Sophomore receiver Hester is a stud, that kid is really going to blossom next couple of years. Danville hard a really hard time covering him. These two teams are good, interested to follow them as the season goes on

Hornet4ever

Brady Hester impressed me tonight, as a sophomore the way he handled himself was awesome. Made some huge plays.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DanvilleFan on October 14, 2016, 11:38:39 pm
Told ya it would be a battle, great game Hackett, any update on the player that was down for a while??

Havent heard anything. I'll update when I do!

mtindian42

Good job to both teams!  Hackett stayed right with the #2 team in 2A. Much respect!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 15, 2016, 01:39:03 am
Good job to both teams!  Hackett stayed right with the #2 team in 2A. Much respect!

First time Danville has trailed all season in a game

Allen T

Tough game! I was not sure if the Little Johns could come back after getting behind in the second half. However, this Little John team is a little different from some teams in the past. They never hung their heads and retook the lead. Still there were many mistakes and they need t be worked on. Getting in the red zone three times and not getting points, don't know if it was a lack execution or just the good play of the hornets. Gotts say this...Hackett came to play. They give it everything they had. Believe that they just ran out of gas in the end. Also, their quarterback exposed Danville's main weakness, Danville's pass defense NEEDS work. A good quarterback like tonight really exposed that. But, you came thru when it counted. Your a young team with mostly 10th graders and you going to keep getting better. That's the good news. On the flip side, the playoffs are just around the corner and the mistakes with the secondary will have to be addressed. Continued success the rest of the season Little Johns!! And good luck Hackett on the rest of your season as well.

dc3

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 14, 2016, 11:54:40 pm
Havent heard anything. I'll update when I do!

A kid staying on the ground THAT long deserved an ambulance ride IMO. Hope all is ok!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas