• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville @ Hackett week 7

Started by Hornet4ever, September 30, 2016, 09:52:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Both team's have games this next upcoming week, respectively. However, I've been dying to get this thread started. Both teams, (barring an upset week 6) should be 6-0 coming into the game. Hackett has a good ball cub, and has played VERY well this season. Danville has performed very well as expected. Hackett has played one of the other conferences possible contenders, Mountainburg. Hackett won that game 20-7. Danville has played Mountainburg and Lavaca, beating Lavaca 28-13 and also beating Burg 42-12. Hackett has Lavaca week 9, but after the whipping Mountainburg put on Lavaca tonight (34-7) I think Hackett should handle them. Hackett has a big offensive line and defensive line. Averaging around 6'3 220. Danville's line's look to have some beef to! Both offense's look to be able to do as they please, senior QB Ely Stormes has really settled in at QB for the Hornets. Ely is around 6-3 and can stand in the pocket or scramble if he needs to. Danville's QB has some good moves, and can sling the ball. I honestly think this game will come down to those few mistakes, and which defense holds tough late in the game. Hackett has had a turnover problem this season, turning the ball over 4 times against Burg. Danville turned the ball over a few times against Lavaca as well. The last time these two schools met, Danville won at home in an overtime thriller back in 2011. I'm excited to say the least, I cant wait for this game. Go Hornets!

mtindian42

Hornet4ever

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Week 7? Really need 2 weeks to discuss this game? Lol

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 30, 2016, 09:56:06 pm
Week 7? Really need 2 weeks to discuss this game? Lol

Yes! I can start a Hackett @ Decatur thread and we can chat on there Pick if you'd like.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 30, 2016, 09:57:03 pm
Yes! I can start a Hackett @ Decatur thread and we can chat on there Pick if you'd like.

I actually just figured you made a mistake by putting "week 7"

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 30, 2016, 10:00:55 pm
I actually just figured you made a mistake by putting "week 7"

Nah.... Both teams have another game. Hackett has Decatur and Danville has Magazine..

Dragonsvoice

don't, that's why i didn't start a thread when we played Decatur and as for me it will more than likley be the last until week 9!!
You Got It Dragons and Jackets round two!!

tacklethis...

Bad luck to over look an opponent....

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 01, 2016, 12:32:49 am
Bad luck to over look an opponent....

I think we will be okay.

I appreciate your thoughts though.

bfp

Hornet I  will not be at Fridays games against Decatur. Hope you can keep me updated. Also depending on the weather, I may miss the Danville game.  I am going to be racing the Spooker at Tri-State the week of the Danville game.  If it rains us out on Thursday, They will probably make us race on Friday. Pray for good weather that week.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bfp on October 01, 2016, 07:10:35 am
Hornet I  will not be at Fridays games against Decatur. Hope you can keep me updated. Also depending on the weather, I may miss the Danville game.  I am going to be racing the Spooker at Tri-State the week of the Danville game.  If it rains us out on Thursday, They will probably make us race on Friday. Pray for good weather that week.

I won't be able to keep you updated next week. I work on Friday nights! Can't make the Decatur game. I'll pray for good weather for Danville week though!

raven

Just an FYI for the Hornets, I was told that Lavaca had at least 3 starters out for the Dragon game and another who wasn't at full speed.  I don't know how those 3 would've contributed.  Even if they were their best players I still think the Dragons would've come out on top.  Lavaca also had at least 9 turnovers.  The game was a closer match in the first half than in the 2nd. 

tacklethis...

479sFinest

October 01, 2016, 09:20:59 pm #14 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:22:33 pm by 479sFinest
I see Danville taking an early lead, I'd say they'll be up by 10 before the half. However, I expect to see Hackett come out swinging at the start of the 3rd, and finishing it up with the win late 4th quarter.
I'd be thrilled to see this game come down to the wire, maybe even going into OT.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 479sFinest on October 01, 2016, 09:20:59 pm
I see Danville taking an early lead, I'd say they'll be up by 10 before the half. However, I expect to see Hackett come out swinging at the start of the 3rd, and finishing it up with the win late 4th quarter.
I'd be thrilled to see this game come down to the wire, maybe even going into OT.

Could be the game that Danville's youth bites them....Gotta hope it happens eventually if you aren't from Danville, right?

479sFinest

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 01, 2016, 09:23:01 pm
Could be the game that Danville's youth bites them....Gotta hope it happens eventually if you aren't from Danville, right?
For a young team, I'm actually really surprised at how solid Danville is, but yes, as someone who holds a Hackett bias, I'd like to see Danville's youth make a few key mistakes this game.
On the adverse though, that just means they'll be better prepared for next season.

Hornet4ever

I've watched a couple of Danville games and here are my thoughts:

Danville is well rounded on all sides of the ball, good size on both lines and speed to burn where they need it. Danville's QB looks good too, he knows how to read a defense, he can throw it, and he can run it if need be.. In the few games I watched, you could see Danville's youth get exposed. Simple backfield hand offs turning into fumbles, missing key blocks on tosses, and busted defensive assignments in the defensive backfield. I noticed in the Lavaca game especially the turnovers. Danville fumbled 3-4 times in the amount of time I watched the game, some fumbles while simply running the ball and other times hand off's getting busted. In the Lavaca game, Danville could make these mistakes and still do as they please simply because their defense held tight. Lavaca tries to run a "veer" offense, and it just doesn't work for them, Lavaca looked like they were in slow motion, and Danville ate it up. In the Western Yell game, I believe Danville's starting QB was out. However, fumbles and key mistakes in the backfield plagued them, but it was just WYC. Danville obviously went on to win big, and it goes unnoticed to most.

I'm not trying to toot Hackett's horn, or boast. Hackett has a good team, disciplined quick defense and powerful offense. We have our fair share of mistakes as well, mostly turnovers just like Danville... All I'm saying is that in this game, if Danville turns over the ball like they have been; they could be in for a long night. The same goes for Hackett, if we turn it over a bunch; we will get mercy ruled. Both teams in my opinion are powerful enough to really take over this game if the other team makes mistakes.

Hackett has a few weapons on offense, that has separated this team from Hackett teams in the past. Sophomore Pacey Mcbride is young, and small but has blistered defenses all year, he reminds me a lot of the yang kids from Magazine a few years back. Senior receiver Robert Collins continues to impress just like last season, most defenses have to double team him. Ely Stormes has performed VERY well this year too. The biggest stand out to me is our middle linebacker. Sophomore Matthew Carter, he is a stud. He may be a sophomore but he doesn't play or act like it. 6'0 and 230. He has picked on defenses all year, it's little things like that; that can really turn a team into a new level. We are very young, but the kids on this squad have been nothing but successful growing up through pee-wee and junior high. These boys know how to win, believe they will win every week, and want to win. I think that's a difference from years in the past.

Danville, I'm excited for you guys to come up and play us, it should be one heck of a game. Hackett town USA has been buzzing the last year or so after the recent success we've had. I'm loving every second, and win or lose I'm still proud of the boys. I'll be upset if we lose, but I'll get over it.......

Eventually.  8)

I hope I gave a little in-sight to our story leading up. I hope a Danville poster can get on here and give their own deal.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: raven on October 01, 2016, 10:54:44 am
Just an FYI for the Hornets, I was told that Lavaca had at least 3 starters out for the Dragon game and another who wasn't at full speed.  I don't know how those 3 would've contributed.  Even if they were their best players I still think the Dragons would've come out on top.  Lavaca also had at least 9 turnovers.  The game was a closer match in the first half than in the 2nd.

I appreciate the input, but Lavaca's starting backfield looked to be all present for this one, and from what I've gathered and seen I didn't see much differences on the defensive side from earlier games. Dragons ruled this game, Lavaca didn't stand a chance against the Burg's offense.

corndog

Lavaca had two very good players quit before the Mountainburg game. There starting guard and D-tackle, and one of there fullbacks and D-ends. Also a couple of there running backs were playing injured as well.

beach bum

October 02, 2016, 12:55:02 pm #20 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:57:02 pm by beach bum
Quote from: corndog on October 02, 2016, 11:57:48 am
Lavaca had two very good players quit before the Mountainburg game. There starting guard and D-tackle, and one of there fullbacks and D-ends. Also a couple of there running backs were playing injured as well.

If you are willing to just quit mid season I wouldn't have wanted you as a teammate in the first place.....  Without those kids I think we can safely say Lavaca will finish 4th now behind Mountainburg at the 3 seed since I think we can all assume Hackett will beat Lavaca in a few weeks now in this scenario.

mtindian42

Quote from: corndog on October 02, 2016, 11:57:48 am
why did the quit?

beach bum

October 02, 2016, 01:07:10 pm #22 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:14:55 pm by beach bum
Quote from: mtindian42 on October 02, 2016, 12:58:47 pm
why did the quit?

I am perplexed because it looked like the were headed for a pretty good season. I am not saying you should ever quit mid season even if you are struggling because stopping in the middle of something is not good, but to quit when you were playing well makes no sense. At least wait until the end of the year for your teammates. I know that's a hard concept these days to realize your actions affect other peoples' lives. Them and their parents were probably mad that carries were being split between lots of players and their kid wasn't getting 75% of the carries. I see that too much.... I can only speculate though. I have witnessed a team before have 4,000 team rushing yards in 14 games by making the semifinals and only have their leading rusher have 1,100 yards. It was a bunch of guys toting the rock for around 500-600 yards that season. That was a team philosophy right there.

AT

I was told one of them moved? Is this incorrect?

Whenever Lavaca played JC Westside, they were missing their starting defensive tackles were both out (including the aforementioned one). One was on crutches.

Their stud fullback/halfback (#34 I believe) was healthy enough to play, but was dinged up. Attrition happens, though.

corndog

The guard/D-tackle moved to Charleston.

Hornet4ever

Hackett played sloppy to start off tonight. I wasn't at the game, but spoke to Coach Hester. The boys came out flat to start, which I guess is part of the game. We quickly got our gears started and sped the game up quickly, making it 44-14 at half. Tonight's game was a success though, we got some boys in who don't play a whole lot, and let them get some experience. We also got some starters some good tune up and rest for the Danville game. I'm excited about this upcoming week, big game!

Big Cat Daddy

This game is for all the marbles in 4 2a , Hackett in a close one 28 to 23.

Allen T

Danville looked better Friday night against Magazine then they have all season. They could of put up whatever score they wanted. However, they pulled their starters early to rest up for Hackett and to give the second string playing time. Their mistakes which have been many were the least I've seen all season. If they play like this Friday night they will win. Go Little Johns!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Allen T on October 08, 2016, 08:12:27 pm
Danville looked better Friday night against Magazine then they have all season. They could of put up whatever score they wanted. However, they pulled their starters early to rest up for Hackett and to give the second string playing time. Their mistakes which have been many were the least I've seen all season. If they play like this Friday night they will win. Go Little Johns!!

We played the opposite, I know we won 58-27 against Decatur (over 30 point spread) but we looked very sluggish. I know it's difficult to get up for Decatur. No disrespect to them, but they are struggling. We just didn't look like the same oiled machine we have all season, hope this Friday night we look like the same team we have all year. I know the boys will be fired up!

DHS#1

Don't see this one being close Danville is looking better week by weeek. I don't see Hackett hanging with Danville too long on Friday
Danville 42 Hackett 14

Wildcatalumni21

Both teams playing solid, gonna come down to turnovers and who can capitalize on them! I'm gonna go with the upset at home for the Hornets in a CLOSE one!

Hackett- 35
Danville- 28

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DHS#1 on October 09, 2016, 08:47:19 am
Don't see this one being close Danville is looking better week by weeek. I don't see Hackett hanging with Danville too long on Friday
Danville 42 Hackett 14

You seen Hackett play?

mtindian42

This will be a ball game. I just thank Danville will out last the hornets in this one.

Danville 37
Hackett 24

tacklethis...

DnA Prostaff

Seen both teams play...   I think its a shoot out! 

IMO

Danville has the upper hand offensively with a high power offense but it all centers on the Quarterback, without him it goes downhill.  The second string quarterback seems to throw the ball better but he doesn't have the same speed.   

However, Hackett's Defense can be tough! The d-line is huge, seriously, some great big athletic kids.  If the tackles and linebackers do a good job of reading Danville's guard and tackle pulling and the defensive end keeps contain, it could be a defensive game.

Again, IMO, I think this could be a relatively low scoring game.  I'm saying it comes down to conditioning and who makes the fewest mistakes.  You cannot turn the ball over against a good team.

Hackett 16
Danville 21

seeya

Danville is starting to look a little like last year's team . That could be bad news for the Hornets . It is very hard to compare though, the level of competition has changed dramatically from last year. I hope the Hornets give us a good game , because this season has lacked in excitement .

Dr. Defense

May be close for a half but I see Danville pulling away late

Hornet4ever

We can't make mistakes. We play well and we'll be right there in the end.

Danvillegrad77

i would love to see it close to the end, but i think Danville will show they are the better team by 4th qurater

Dragonsvoice

having seen both teams play in living color I think the little johns have the edge they were well disciplined when we played them. The hornets will have to play a perfect defensive game to win, loose any containment its a quick score for the little johns, from special teams to offense.

I cant believe I am saying this but it would be nice to see the hornets upset the little johns. that being said I will take the John's in a 10 point win I think Hackett's defense will keep it close.

Prouddragondad

I agree with dragonvoice Danville has the edge. Hackett has a good team but Danville is really really good. I have to take Danville by 2 tds. Like to see Hackett pull off the upset just not sure they can. Good luck Hackett! See you guys next week.

Hornet4ever

Well, Hootens didn't pick us for the game of the week. That's expected, they don't mention us much. That's probably some of my fault, but I don't care. Hootens sucks anyways.

estep0520

I think Hackett wins this one. Westside moved the ball in Danville. Just couldn't convert in the Red Zone, Danville hasn't empressed me.

estep0520

AlumniLights

Quote from: beach bum on October 02, 2016, 01:07:10 pm
I am perplexed because it looked like the were headed for a pretty good season. I am not saying you should ever quit mid season even if you are struggling because stopping in the middle of something is not good, but to quit when you were playing well makes no sense. At least wait until the end of the year for your teammates. I know that's a hard concept these days to realize your actions affect other peoples' lives. Them and their parents were probably mad that carries were being split between lots of players and their kid wasn't getting 75% of the carries. I see that too much.... I can only speculate though. I have witnessed a team before have 4,000 team rushing yards in 14 games by making the semifinals and only have their leading rusher have 1,100 yards. It was a bunch of guys toting the rock for around 500-600 yards that season. That was a team philosophy right there.

Sounds like an old school Rison/Junction squad, or even Jessieville in the early/mid 2000's. They liked to spread it around.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: estep0520 on October 11, 2016, 02:09:40 pm
I think Hackett wins this one. Westside moved the ball in Danville. Just couldn't convert in the Red Zone, Danville hasn't empressed me.

Westside barely scored 6 against Mountainburg late in the game.  Danville beat Burg by a lot..... someone said they even ended the game early because of weather so it might have been worse!  I think it will be a game but this comparison has no merit.

empressed = impressed...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: estep0520 on October 11, 2016, 02:09:40 pm
This statement confuses me....

Dr. Defense

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Dr. Defense on October 11, 2016, 03:05:49 pm
Dont worry you arent the only one

Dr. D, I guess he is trying to say 41-0 is not very "empressive"   ;D ;D

Wildcatalumni21

That would be like saying Auburn is going to beat Alabama cuz Arkansas moved the ball against them but couldn't convert in the red zone lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas