• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rosebud Girls Job

Started by bodiddley, March 29, 2016, 02:47:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bodiddley

Where is there Coach going?  Don't they have some good ones coming back?

bodiddley

does anybody know anything about this situation

bodiddley

does anybody know anything about this situation

RunAndGun431

Any news or rumors on this?

TheGovernor

Heard they interviewed and will be deciding soon on a coach

justin1a2

She quit to go be a missionary.  Suppose to announce Monday

justin1a2

TheGovernor

Coach Brad Moss got the job, I confirmed it today

bodiddley

Basketballfan13

Viola, I believe he is from rosebud

dropthemic

Spann (the current Sup) had some really good things to say about him the in Daily Citizen today.

TheGovernor

Good Hire, will be a great asset to that school and program imo...Maybe he can get them over the hump this upcoming season.

Williebe147

Quote from: justin1a2 on April 21, 2016, 01:56:13 pm
She quit to go be a missionary.  Suppose to announce Monday
It will be hard to fill her shoes. She was a really great basketball Coach. She will be greatly missed. Sometimes the hometown hire is good and sometimes it is not. Hard to get rid of them if they don't do well. Rose Bud has a chance to be very good in the next couple of years. They will have Shae Stowe and Gracee Hartle coming from Jr. High. Hope Moss can get things lined up and do well with them.

TheGovernor

The girls needed a change. Nothing against Goodwin, but the program was getting a little stagnate. Yes they always had winning records (boatloads of talent)  but they always underachieved. Hopefully Moss will give them some concepts on how to play defense and get them in shape. I hope it works out for them girls this year and they make it to state.

Williebe147

Quote from: TheGovernor on June 05, 2016, 05:33:54 pm
The girls needed a change. Nothing against Goodwin, but the program was getting a little stagnate. Yes they always had winning records (boatloads of talent)  but they always underachieved. Hopefully Moss will give them some concepts on how to play defense and get them in shape. I hope it works out for them girls this year and they make it to state.
Coach Goodwin had in state every year. Last year they peaked way to early and the Moms and Pops tried to be the Coaches. If they win give credit to the players . If they lose blame the Coach is the way it is at Rose Bud.

dropthemic

Quote from: Williebe147 on June 05, 2016, 12:38:41 am
It will be hard to fill her shoes. She was a really great basketball Coach. She will be greatly missed. Sometimes the hometown hire is good and sometimes it is not. Hard to get rid of them if they don't do well. Rose Bud has a chance to be very good in the next couple of years. They will have Shae Stowe and Gracee Hartle coming from Jr. High. Hope Moss can get things lined up and do well with them.

It's not hard to fill the shoes of a coach whose teams always underachieved. She didn't develop talent, her girls always peaked in the 9th grade. That is why she always had undefeated Jr. High teams. She should've been sitting on at least one state title by now. Rose Bud has always had talent on the girls side, yet they go to the first round of regionals or state and lose? So how will it be hard to fill her shoes? Rose Bud just needs a coach that can develop the talent they have. Wether Moss can do that or not is the question. We will find out.

dropthemic

Quote from: Williebe147 on June 05, 2016, 10:39:28 pm
Coach Goodwin had in state every year. Last year they peaked way to early and the Moms and Pops tried to be the Coaches. If they win give credit to the players . If they lose blame the Coach is the way it is at Rose Bud.

That information is false. I've followed Rose Bud Basketball for the last 20 years, and she did not have teams in state every year. In fact, she has had several very good teams lose in the first round of regionals. The parents of the girls there now are very pro coach, I think you are just trying to take up for the fact that they under achieved. To make an accurate assumption, you need to have the right information. As much as Rose Bud Girls Basketball has underachieved for the past 10 years, that falls on the coach.

Williebe147

Quote from: dropthemic on June 12, 2016, 09:59:38 am
It's not hard to fill the shoes of a coach whose teams always underachieved. She didn't develop talent, her girls always peaked in the 9th grade. That is why she always had undefeated Jr. High teams. She should've been sitting on at least one state title by now. Rose Bud has always had talent on the girls side, yet they go to the first round of regionals or state and lose? So how will it be hard to fill her shoes? Rose Bud just needs a coach that can develop the talent they have. Wether Moss can do that or not is the question. We will find out.
Just getting to regionals and or State is a pretty good year in my book. Rose Bud has a few girls that came thru there with a little talent but I don't think any of them are playing college ball anywhere. If you have talent schools will usually take a chance on you in college. I just think she done really well with what she put on the floor.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas