• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 3A BOYS FINAL (Sat 2:30)Charleston vs Cedar Ridge

Started by xadboy, March 05, 2016, 09:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Charleston
32 (25.2%)
Cedar Ridge
95 (74.8%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:36:18 pm

The Dynasty

Should be fun. A great player against a really good team. Can't wait to see you guys in Spa City.

Markadomous

When is the game? Trying to make plans to be there.

papaeagle

Congratulations to Charleston for representing our 4-3A conference so well in the regionals and state meet so far.
   Will not get into the referee discussion in depth. It is what it is... But, I do see that if refs THINK a team is putting out too much ridicule towards them or looking with a "you're kidding" attitude, THEN you will be getting more fouls called against you.  JMHO.

papaeagle

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 11:19:51 am
Fenner played the weakest district in state for his regional tournament
Regionals set up by the AAA, not 4-3A coaches etc. Most "arrangements" are due to saving schools money and not have to travel so far from home, especially if playing 3 games in 4 days and driving back home on lonely, dark, winding roads at night. At state, it's a different situation, coupled with "luck of the draw" on who gets the big dance at their place, crowded or not. The AAA does need to rethink gym size for sure!!!

Batman44

I have felt all year that if there was one team capable of beating out CR in the finals of State, it would be Charleston. Guess we'll find out next week, but I see them coming up short in doing just that.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on March 06, 2016, 11:28:14 am
I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is Charleston year. A very solid coach with a good team and a week to prepare to basically stop 2 players, I will say Charleston takes it in a mild upset. I would put the line at 6.5 tho CR favored.

Head Lion, where can I get some of that CR -6 1/2. I like the T'wolves by 12-15.

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2016, 06:53:22 am
Cedar ridge didn't have to foul a lot because they could slow the other team down. Nobody can slow them down unless they foul him. Y'all are terrible losers. It's not like your team had a chance against him, you lost by over 20! Man up, stop being a little girl, and accept the loss. Reaves and cedar ridge owned you.

Let's just keep the thread about the current game. It should be a pretty good game and I'm sure Charleston will have a good game plan to try and limit Reaves. Anybody know what day this one is on yet?
PHD, these are stats for CR. I didn't say anything against CR. This was just s medy giving facts. Those numbers came from the score keeper's book. Again this is a post for people to read and have discussions about.
You people are crazy when shown the fscts, you can't disprove it anymore. Xxxx ,PHD

Batman44

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 06, 2016, 12:05:39 pm
Head Lion, where can I get some of that CR -6 1/2. I like the T'wolves by 12-15.

I'd like to join BoxNOne in some of that action!!

xadboy

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 11:19:51 am
Fenner played the weakest district in state for his regional tournament
The weakest? They put 3 teams in the final 8. How many teams from other district are left?

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2016, 06:53:22 am
Cedar ridge didn't have to foul a lot because they could slow the other team down. Nobody can slow them down unless they foul him. Y'all are terrible losers. It's not like your team had a chance against him, you lost by over 20! Man up, stop being a little girl, and accept the loss. Reaves and cedar ridge owned you.

Let's just keep the thread about the current game. It should be a pretty good game and I'm sure Charleston will have a good game plan to try and limit Reaves. Anybody know what day this one is on yet?
PHD, this is info that Charleston needs to going into his uniform. Just got tired of people coming up with numbers, these numbers came straight off scorer's book. Nothing said about CR or anything. This just wanted everyone to know numbers so far. Quit making this about players and stick to talk about the game.

xadboy

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 07:59:58 am
So....yall expect the winning team to have more fouls, when losing teams foul at the end of the game in an attempt to extend the game?

What's in the water this year that is making everyone cry about everything, I've seen more crying about stuff on here this year than my 3 daughters have some in their short lifes....
HF I just wanted to pass along some info to add to the discussion. Everyone keeps twisting this, this is just some stats! Nothing negative was said about CR. Stick to the subject please, thank you
Xadboy

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 06, 2016, 12:24:34 pm
PHD, this is info that Charleston needs to going into his uniform. Just got tired of people coming up with numbers, these numbers came straight off scorer's book. Nothing said about CR or anything. This just wanted everyone to know numbers so far. Quit making this about players and stick to talk about the game.

Yeah, I'm making this about the players. You sure haven't been lol.

Quote from: xadboy on March 04, 2016, 07:26:56 pm
Reaves not big enough and he can't lower his shoulder in the next level.

Quote from: xadboy on March 04, 2016, 07:10:50 pm
WHEN YOU CANT LOOK AT A PLAYER WITHOUT GETTING A FOUL CALLED AGAINST YOU IS A JOKE. AFTER WATCHING REAVES PLAY, HES NOT D1 MATERIAL.

tacomeat

Players who consistently beat their defender & drive to the basket will get to the foul line regardless of their name or who they play for. If they can finish with contact & make FT's they will score like crazy. It's not the refs. If other talented players had the same motor you would see it more.

BigMan15

If Charleston gets the same calls that Cedar gets like the hand checking and the flopping it will come down to who can make their free throws. Not sure why we plan on guarding Reeves but not sure how they will guard us either.

BigMan15

In the scorebook it says Reaves had 57, 35, and 38. Although Cedars fans are saying 59, 38, and 38. Either way he is a great player. To those fans last night was the first time watching him was that a normal game for him or a bad game?

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2016, 12:34:26 pm
Yeah, I'm making this about the players. You sure haven't been lol.
And if you read further on thread, I retracted my statement.

neds

I will make a prediction . . . . the complaining about the officials will be at an ALL time high after this game. It will be off the charts.

Black and Gold

Basketball without refs sounds pretty cool. Let the kids decide. 0 foul calls

Timberwolf08

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2016, 11:25:23 am
I think Reaves has been there before though.

Reaves and Crabtree were both key players on back-to-back state championship teams as freshmen and sophomores.

BigMan15

How much did Austin average his freshman year?

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 06, 2016, 01:29:43 pm

I'm pickin up what your puttin down. 🙀🙀

Batman44

How much a player did as a freshman has very little to do with his Jr. or Sr. year in the whole scheme of things. Big Man, I know you're very proud of your son, as well you should be. I finally got a chance to see him play. Very good!! Having said that, I still think CR will prevail. Of course stranger things have happened, just hoping this will not be one of those times:)

BigMan15

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 06, 2016, 01:42:45 pm
I'm pickin up what your puttin down. 🙀🙀
No you aren't understanding Brandon is about where Reaves was last year. I hoping next year he will be like Reaves is this year no disrespect was meant

Ctucker

It isn't about scoring average. We should talk coaches in to putting reaves on Fenner and Fenner on Reaves and see what happens.lol

neds

There are a lot of good scorers in high school. What defines the next level is the ability to drive and finish at the rim. Reaves has that ability and that is something that separates him from most other HS players. Monk certainly has that ability.
That also means you go the the free throw line a lot too.

Ctucker

Quote from: neds on March 06, 2016, 03:28:07 pm
There are a lot of good scorers in high school. What defines the next level is the ability to drive and finish at the rim. Reaves has that ability and that is something that separates him from most other HS players. Monk certainly has that ability.
That also means you go the the free throw line a lot too.
+1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: papaeagle on March 06, 2016, 12:00:10 pm
Regionals set up by the AAA, not 4-3A coaches etc. Most "arrangements" are due to saving schools money and not have to travel so far from home, especially if playing 3 games in 4 days and driving back home on lonely, dark, winding roads at night. At state, it's a different situation, coupled with "luck of the draw" on who gets the big dance at their place, crowded or not. The AAA does need to rethink gym size for sure!!!

You don't say?

Markadomous

Complain about officiating all you want. But in the end I think the best two teams are still alive. I will be there with my three boys who have been wanting to see these two guys play all year. We will be bias and root for both teams to do well.

Markadomous

Playing in the yard today I observed two of my boys playing 1 on 1. One was Reaves and one was Fenner. Lots of kids look up to these guys

BigMan15

Ctucker

MA

Reaves was a 5'10 130lbs PG as a freshman. His brother and Crabtree's older brother dominated the scoring. But The Younger Reaves controlled the ball. They played Jonesboro that year and Reaves had 0 turnovers with Kahron Ross guarding him lol. He played 28+ minutes a night on a state title team as a freshman as the primary ball handler.

Ctucker

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 06, 2016, 01:29:43 pm
I have no ideal but I will tell you you would not have wanted to play that team. They was loaded with players named Reaves and Crabtree any one of them could score they were impossible to guard!

Black and Gold

Can anyone from CR give us a total rundown of their team? Player by player, offense, defense, coaching, philosophy? As unbiased as possible too

HorseFeathers

Judging by what I read on here, 3 of their players wear black and white, one is a kid they picked up from the band, and the fifth one is some guy named Austin reaves.

MA

Austin Reaves and cade Crabtree run the show.

Austin is 6'5 and better than he sounds. If you haven't seen him in person this is your last chance, Dont miss it.

Crabtree is 6'2 but a great athlete. Reaves will throw him lobs that he will catch and dunk with two hands. Great 15 and in pkayer

They have a really good outside shooter. That's pretty much all he does. He plays hard tho.

The other two starters are super undersized posts. But they are tough and don't make mistakes. They won't shoot outside of 5 feet.

Bench isn't very good at all. Big drop off.

They are extremely well coached. They run great sets. They have a lot of great sets for man and zone defenses. Defensively they scout well and play specific to the other team. Very well prepared. A Cedar Ridge team with a week to prepare will be tough to beat. They beat teams with much more talent than them several times this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MA on March 06, 2016, 06:00:52 pm
Austin Reaves and cade Crabtree run the show.

Austin is 6'5 and better than he sounds. If you haven't seen him in person this is your last chance, Dont miss it.

Crabtree is 6'2 but a great athlete. Reaves will throw him lobs that he will catch and dunk with two hands. Great 15 and in pkayer

They have a really good outside shooter. That's pretty much all he does. He plays hard tho.

The other two starters are super undersized posts. But they are tough and don't make mistakes. They won't shoot outside of 5 feet.

Bench isn't very good at all. Big drop off.

They are extremely well coached. They run great sets. They have a lot of great sets for man and zone defenses. Defensively they scout well and play specific to the other team. Very well prepared. A Cedar Ridge team with a week to prepare will be tough to beat. They beat teams with much more talent than them several times this year.

HAHA. Man, everything was good until this stuff. That's not true at all. The guy has had loads of talent, that's all that has won him games.

bdubyab60

MDXPHD

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 06, 2016, 06:48:33 pm
Some guys don't win with the talent.

They do with that talent in their classification. It will all change soon.

TheOfficial

MA

That's funny.... I sat with the Coach from Texas when he came to see Austin. He was very impressed with Coach Middlebrooks and how well the team was coached. I bet he knows a little more than you about coaching. He was a head coach in the SEC for awhile

Ned_Flanders

That's not saying much.   SEC basketball is horrible.

MA

brown2010

keep thinking he cant coach pretty good record last 4yrs. yes got talent but play any kind of defense and he'll burn your but with his plays. don't worry about info on team come watch and youll see for yourself

MDXPHD

Quote from: brown2010 on March 07, 2016, 07:16:31 am
keep thinking he cant coach pretty good record last 4yrs. yes got talent but play any kind of defense and he'll burn your but with his plays. don't worry about info on team come watch and youll see for yourself

His plays aren't what burns people, it's his talent. Without the Reaves and Crabtree brothers, he would have a dismal record.

MA

So he had more talent than Forrest City? Valley View? Westside (twice)? Nettleton? Oxford MS? He has 30 points worth of more talent than Episcopal?

Have you watched this team play? Yes Reaves and Crabtree are the dynamic names in the Cedar Ridge program. But every single one of those kids knows how to play. They just aren't as physically blessed. Kids that don't belong in the same breathe as Austin Reaves walk out on the floor just as confident and ready as he is. He trusts them and they know he trusts them. Where does confidence come from? It comes from BEING PREPARED. How do young players get prepared? A GOOD COACH.

Black and Gold

I agree with Mike Anderson. You can have all the talent in the world, but without a good coach, you won't get over the hump. Athleticism can only carry you so far. It takes fundamentals and technique to be great. That is instilled by a good coach.

Timberwolf08

Someone just tagged me in a post saying all 14 championship games are going to be broadcast on KARZ, either 42 or 38 depending on where you live in Arkansas.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Just my 2 cents. I have seen Austin Reaves play a full game ONE time. I was a fan before that game and I am a fan now...not so much during the game. The single greatest thing that sets Austin apart from most high schoolers is his basketball IQ. He apparently has a great work ethic too because he shoots well and runs the floor well. I know I have complained about the officiating all over these forums, but it was never intended to take anything away from Austin. This is where the IQ comes into play. Maybe you can credit his coach, maybe not. I "heard" that Austin picked up 3 player control fouls in the first period of the Lamar game and did not foul out. I "heard" that the games CR lost this year were due to Austin's foul trouble. The game I watched was the Centerpoint game. The refs were obviously calling biasedly towards Austin. NOT AUSTIN'S FAULT. I repeat, NOT AUSTIN'S FAULT. Here's where the BBIQ comes in...midway through the 3rd period, the refs called Austin for his first push off/player control foul. I don't remember Austin being as physical offensively the rest of the game. Sure he kept playing, but he quit lowering his shoulder and dribbling over people. That is adjusting to the officiating --- very intelligent. I have to say CR will win the championship, but Charleston could prove me wrong.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas