• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 3A BOYS FINAL (Sat 2:30)Charleston vs Cedar Ridge

Started by xadboy, March 05, 2016, 09:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Charleston
32 (25.2%)
Cedar Ridge
95 (74.8%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:36:18 pm

RTF

BigMan15

Charleston by 3 Reaves 45 Fenner 25 Ewing 20  Hampton 15 Ward 10

Bigtimebasketballfan

Charleston and CR is definitely the matchup I wanted to see.  I still say only way Charleston wins is if Reaves gets in foul trouble.  But at this point being the last game of the year I assume coach Middlebrooks will play him no matter what and trust him not to foul out.  Lastly, if Charleston is to pull of the upset they better have the lead and the ball in the last few seconds.  If given the chance to tie or win it at the buzzer, I see Reaves answering the bell yet again.  Goodluck to both teams and I hope its a classic.

BigMan15

We will have to rebound big and play disciplined defense. The prolbem is not going to be scoring on them. If we hold CR under 55 I feel like we will have a chance to win. I also think that the refs will be really good which should make for no discussion about them afterwards. It will be a battle and someone has to lose!! Good Luck to both and GO TIGERS!!!

Black and Gold

I think the best two teams in 3A have made it to the finals. That said, I hope the kids are allowed to decide the outcome

BigMan15

After watching Lamar vs Cedar on film. Lamar has a lot of reasons to be upset with the refs after the 1st they gave Reaves two calls that should have been offensive fouls plus at the end of the 1st Crabtree clearly fouled a Lamar shooter and it was a no call.

RedWolf275

CR by 10+. Let the ref blaming begin(like it will change the outcome).

Timberwolf08

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 07, 2016, 12:09:32 pm
After watching Lamar vs Cedar on film. Lamar has a lot of reasons to be upset with the refs after the 1st they gave Reaves two calls that should have been offensive fouls plus at the end of the 1st Crabtree clearly fouled a Lamar shooter and it was a no call.

There were a lot of no calls both ways...the game was poorly officiated, but (and obviously speaking as a CR fan) I don't think it was lopsided. There was a play in the middle of the third where 10 for Lamar hacked Crabtree so hard his arm went behind his back still entangled with 10 and it was a no-call. The refs were bad, but they seemed consistently bad. When you have average 3A players trying to guard someone who is committed to a team that goes dancing every year, they're gonna foul him. a lot.

I think you're neutral on the game, so my question is, was it poor calling on both sides, cause CR fans felt like Lamar got called for maybe 1/5 of the times they fouled Austin when he was handling the ball. There were also lots of complaints about the foul count in the second half, did you think CR cleaned up their defense that half?

BigMan15

For sure bad calls on both sides. More in favor for Cedar but not by much. One of the same refs was doing our game and he was terrible.

RTF

Reaves draws a lot of fouls because I have yet to see anyone who can stay in front him. I don't expect much to change in this game.

xadboy

16 to 1 foul count in second half. Lamar attempted 6 free throws in first half 0 in the second half. Cedar Ridge attempted 32 free throws for entire game. 24 attempts in second half.

Two different plays involving 10 Kern Lamar and 3 for Cedar Ridge. First time 3 had a hold of Kern's arm when he was trying to jump up for a rebound, but 3 kept him from jumping up because of the hold.

Second instance involving same two players, 3 got his foot stepped on by a teammate and started to fall down, while falling  he reached out and grabbed Kern and pulled him down to the ground with him. The refs called a foul on Kern. Now I know natural instinct when you fall is to reach out and grab something to catch yourself. Do I know 3 didn't do it on purpose, but 3 should have gotten the foul and not 10 Kern.

Both plays were in the second half. Admitting the officiating was bad, but seems like it was more bad towards Lamar just by looking at the stats.

RTF

Quote from: xadboy on March 07, 2016, 01:36:57 pm
16 to 1 foul count in second half. Lamar attempted 6 free throws in first half 0 in the second half. Cedar Ridge attempted 32 free throws for entire game. 24 attempts in second half.

Two different plays involving 10 Kern Lamar and 3 for Cedar Ridge. First time 3 had a hold of Kern's arm when he was trying to jump up for a rebound, but 3 kept him from jumping up because of the hold.

Second instance involving same two players, 3 got his foot stepped on by a teammate and started to fall down, while falling  he reached out and grabbed Kern and pulled him down to the ground with him. The refs called a foul on Kern. Now I know natural instinct when you fall is to reach out and grab something to catch yourself. Do I know 3 didn't do it on purpose, but 3 should have gotten the foul and not 10 Kern.

Both plays were in the second half. Admitting the officiating was bad, but seems like it was more bad towards Lamar just by looking at the stats.

Some Coaches teach kids to arm lock bigger players during rebounds ( trust me I know) but you got to just suck it up, play strong, and look for it the next time.

I am not saying that the refs have been  good this tourney, they have not in my opinion, all I'm saying is Reaves deserves a lot of the fouls he gets because no one can stay in front of him.

Ctucker

I think Cedar will win! Reaves will be tuff in big game always is just like his brother was they have killer instinct! But that being said I think Carleston will give them a game.

Ctucker

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 07, 2016, 12:09:32 pm
so I guess the guys from Osceola have a legit complaint too?Are is it just CR,sounds like fouls was way off on yalls game too! Maybe Charleston was getting benefit of call too!  I wish everybody would just quit about refs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on March 07, 2016, 02:00:51 pm
so I guess the guys from Osceola have a legit complaint too?Are is it just CR,sounds like fouls was way off on yalls game too! Maybe Charleston was getting benefit of call too!  I wish everybody would just quit about refs.

xadboy

RTF

The Dynasty

Quote from: Ctucker on March 07, 2016, 02:00:51 pm

The issue in our game is the refs weren't Christians. At least that is what coach Gathen said.

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: Markadomous on March 06, 2016, 04:35:22 pm
Playing in the yard today I observed two of my boys playing 1 on 1. One was Reaves and one was Fenner. Lots of kids look up to these guys

Okay, so, not to girl up the forum too much but this just melted my heart a little.

MDXPHD

RTF

chucktownboys

When an above average player is allowed to run rough shod over a defender because he is superior to the defender, it's up to the refs to relegate that style out of game, if this were any other team you would be upset, our boys play hard aren't afraid of contact but I do not see the arm locks on rebounds or dirty play, Reeves is a good player who gets away with way to much, just hope we have enough kids left to finish game after the foul counts are tallied. Go Tigers!

RedWolf275

Lol I am looking forward to the post game of this game. I think it's the most whining I've seen on FF. Even crying before it starts!

neds

I think it's a shame that Episcopal doesn't get a second crack at Cedar Ridge.
I feel like that would have been the best match up. There is little doubt in my mind had they played Charleston they would be in the finals vs CR

The Dynasty

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2016, 06:55:47 pm
I feel like that would have been the best match up. There is little doubt in my mind had they played Charleston they would be in the finals vs CR

Easily the dumbest thing I've read in here all day.

And that's saying something.

neds

Coming from a Charleston fan that would be expected
You don't have an objective bone in your body

The Dynasty

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2016, 07:45:24 pm
Coming from a Charleston fan that would be expected
You don't have an objective bone in your body

You got beat by 29 and then couldn't get it done against Osceola. Objective or not those are facts.

neds

79-60 was the final of ECS vs CR so you can't add the ability to count to your resume.
Look you guys are going to get beat worse than that so feel like you are a deserved no. 2 and be the bridesmaid one more time.

Lineman

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2016, 06:55:47 pm
Is it a "crying" shame??

The Dynasty

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2016, 07:57:28 pm
79-60 was the final of ECS vs CR so you can't add the ability to count to your resume.
Look you guys are going to get beat worse than that so feel like you are a deserved no. 2 and be the bridesmaid one more time.

Thought it was 79-50. My bad. You best hit the recruiting trail and stay off these boards if you want to have a crack next year.

bdog32

Quote from: xadboy on March 07, 2016, 01:36:57 pm

What did cedar ridge do the entire 4th quarter......  hold the ball...  therefore they were in no threat of fouling because they always had the ball.  Lamar had to foul

xadboy

Quote from: bdog32 on March 07, 2016, 08:16:59 pm
What did cedar ridge do the entire 4th quarter......  hold the ball...  therefore they were in no threat of fouling because they always had the ball.  Lamar had to foul
By the start of 4th qtr 2 starters had fouled out and 2 minutes into 4th 2 more starters had fouled out. So no we weren't fouling to stop the clock. So by 4:00 CR was playing against our 2cnd string until you put in your second string with 1:00 to go. So no we weren't forced to foul to stop clock. If you actually watched then maybe you'd remember that CR ran about 3 minutes off the clock and we didn't foul to stop the clock. Go back and watch the game film.

xadboy

So bdog feel proud that you beat us with 1 starter out with the flu and getting to shoot 26 more free throws. Take a look at all the posts on here saying same thing. CR gets protected by the. Officials.

So go ahead and thump your chest. Hopefully Charleston will put CR in their place. Good day and good luck to the teams.

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 07, 2016, 09:24:36 pm
So bdog feel proud that you beat us with 1 starter out with the flu and getting to shoot 26 more free throws. Take a look at all the posts on here saying same thing. CR gets protected by the. Officials.

So go ahead and thump your chest. Hopefully Charleston will put CR in their place. Good day and good luck to the teams.

Your squad shouldn't have fouled them so many times. And didn't you already put CR in their place? I think their place is the championship. Stop being a little girl about everything and drop it. You lost to the better team with much better players by 20+. It's not even a debate.

MA

ag67

Ctucker

Why will they put CR in their place, they are just kids playing ball they have not said a word on this board! And by the way they are good kids been watching them for 4 years and I've never seen them do anything that I would say was unsportsmanlike.

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 07, 2016, 10:06:04 pm
Your squad shouldn't have fouled them so many times. And didn't you already put CR in their place? I think their place is the championship. Stop being a little girl about everything and drop it. You lost to the better team with much better players by 20+. It's not even a debate.
PHD, stats don't lie, unlike CR fans like yourself. You can't even get it right Centerpoint put you in the finals. I can see your confused because Centerpoint got hosed just like Lamar.  The truth does sting a little, otherwise y'all would focus on your future of getting beat this Saturday and not rehashing the past. Oh now I get it, your trying to find some meaning in life by living your dreams thru the CR players. But gotta remind you that were talking about young men, not ladies wich makes you ineligible. So go ahead and keep on dreaming,

Ctucker

Your right stats don't lie you got creamed! Get over it!

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 07, 2016, 10:26:39 pm
PHD, stats don't lie, unlike CR fans like yourself. You can't even get it right Centerpoint put you in the finals. I can see your confused because Centerpoint got hosed just like Lamar.  The truth does sting a little, otherwise y'all would focus on your future of getting beat this Saturday and not rehashing the past. Oh now I get it, your trying to find some meaning in life by living your dreams thru the CR players. But gotta remind you that were talking about young men, not ladies wich makes you ineligible. So go ahead and keep on dreaming,

Moving on.

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 07, 2016, 10:28:37 pm
Your right stats don't lie you got creamed! Get over it!
Yea, the refs really thumled us. To bad Cedar Ridge didn't. If y'all wasn't so protected maybe you'd get some respect.

xadboy

Ctucker

xadboy

Yea, how much respect are you, bdog and PHD getting by your attitude and derogatory posts y'all are doing? None whatsoever, all your doing is making it worse for you, the team and Cedar Ridge.

Ctucker

Ok I give y'all got cheated so y'all can talk about all baseball season! And I'm not from cedar just can't stand it when people lose and what to blame the refs!

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2016, 12:28:04 am
Ok I give y'all got cheated so y'all can talk about all baseball season! And I'm not from cedar just can't stand it when people lose and what to blame the refs!
No where did I say the refs were the reason. I just posted the stats showing how big the difference was. In my post I said Lamar may not have won, but they weren't given a chance. No where did I say anything about cheating. Quote me if you can find anywhere that I said anything about cheating. Go ahead and try.

Y'all keep saying to drop it, but you, bdog and PHD keep coming at me. I hadn't posted anything at all today until you and your buddies came at me. Like I said before, if you don't like what I say then don't bother reading or responding to it. But if you come at me, I will defend myself. Now if you want to have a spirited debate without making it personal then I'm all for it.

Ctucker

Ok you have my apology! Let's just keep it about this game from now on!

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2016, 01:38:23 am
Ok you have my apology! Let's just keep it about this game from now on!
+1

Cool thanks

Black and Gold

Regardless of the outcome, I will be on here immediately after the game to congratulate both teams

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas