• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint Vs. Cedar Ridge

Started by CHSKnightsFan, March 05, 2016, 01:00:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

It could be argued that all big time college commits in the lower classes get protected to an extent...

ISU7

March 05, 2016, 08:44:38 pm #51 Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:29:18 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 05, 2016, 08:41:48 pm
That was a Terrible officiated game all around. Period. Not just our side. Both sides.
I guess so I thought it was a pretty good game. Yall fans showed some class and respect towards our team. Thanks.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on March 05, 2016, 08:42:43 pm
It could be argued that all big time college commits in the lower classes get protected to an extent...

I'm not there for this game but I know for fact those fouls on Lamar last night were legit. Yes, reeves could of had more than 3 fouls but he wasn't being protected. Lamar never got much inside shots for him to have more fouls.

teachers pet

The announcers on television broadcast said Centerpoint was the worst fans he's seen, I have to agree.

neds

Ctucker

A friend of mine just texted me and said Reaves has 27 going into 4th and he has hit the floor 27 times

maytag

Tv commentator might be liable.    They have evened the fouls up now that it is about over

Ctucker

teachers pet

neds

Ctucker

71 to 42 minute to go starters out

pioneers

Ctucker

armyturner

I sure hope someone contacts AAA in regards to the ref conspiracy throughout the tournament to keep Reaves out of foul trouble....smh

beach bum

March 05, 2016, 09:06:48 pm #64 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:22:40 pm by beach bum
Quote from: armyturner on March 05, 2016, 09:04:02 pm
I sure hope someone contacts AAA in regards to the ref conspiracy throughout the tournament to keep Reaves out of foul trouble....smh

And remember he needs to bulk up too. These people amaze me on here. I hope they know the male body transforms quite a bit from a teenager to a grown man in your 20's when you treat it properly with nutrition, lifting, and exercise to add muscle.

pioneers

Created an account just to blame it on the refs.

neds

beach bum

Quote from: pioneers on March 05, 2016, 09:07:23 pm
Created an account just to blame it on the refs.

I am so lost I can't tell if certain people are being sarcastic or serious with the comments..... I can tell with most though.

Ctucker

Congrats CR! Great year Centerpoint good run!

armyturner

That was sarcasm, not ref blaming.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 09:02:23 pm
72 to 47 final.

CR must be playing pretty good D. Teams not scoring big against them.

Ctucker

They seem to be redwolf I didn't get to make it down their.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 09:17:09 pm
They seem to be redwolf I didn't get to make it down their.

Refs play good defense I hear :D

NEA Razorback olfan

Lets see, he's too slow to defend without fouling him???
He is slow but 3 defenders can't steal it from him without fouling him
He gets to the free throw line way too much because refs call fouls on the player or players trying to guard him.
And my Favorite....he is their main scorer and every team knows this ...and waaalaa Magic , he still drops 30-40 most nights....
Yep just like the NEA Tourney

maytag

He was protected a little refs changed the way they were calling after he dove out of bounds and hurt himself .   Be honest about what u saw no one else on the court including his team got away with what he did. Clearing out with his off hand , hooking, pulling brunts jersey   Just be honest with yourselves u know u saw that

Ctucker

maytag

AGain and again and again.  U can't be honest can u. Just had to pay attention a little bit.  I don't have a kid that plays so it don't make a big difference to me but I do know what I saw.   I saw a kid that has become a celebrity get treated
Like one And get the calls the way they do in the nba.  Let the stars be stars and it don't matter about the rest

Bigtimebasketballfan

That's life in sports. Star players get star treatment. If other kids want it get better. Simple as that. I don't know reaves personally but can imagine he has spent countless hours in the gym and has earned every bit of success he's getting.

urban legend2

He's a smart player. He knows what he can and can't get away with. He will get a few calls his way...that's just how it is when you're a big time player. But like I said, he's a go-getter. Simple as that. He's got the mindset that no one can stop him and he plays that way. You guys have to give the kid his props.

Batman44

Hey CP fans, you had a pretty good little team, but just accept the fact that you got 'Cedarized' I'm SURE the refs didn't make a 30 point difference. Reaves, and Crabtree scores against EVERYONE. In fact, he dropped 73 against Forest City, which I believe is a 5 or 6 class school, and will be playing in the finals in H S next week. Your whining and moaning does not speak well for your fandom. Several teams,MUCH better than you have lost to CR. Just be a man about it, and realize you just got beat by a better team.

ReddieKnightTrojan

CP didn't get Cedarized they got what everyone in the state and probably regional tournament and beyond got...hosed by over protective officiating aimed at keeping starters in the game. I'm sure someone else can explain better than me, but AOA held a meeting before the regional tournament and the jist of the meeting was "don't foul out key players...especially Reaves" this is from a baseball official who was there...Lamar should have beaten CR. Like CP, their main players started fouling out in the late 3rd early 4th. Don't get me wrong, Austin is very talented and figures out quickly what the refs will and won't let him do. Shame on these officials for deciding the outcome of the state tournament. Most of Austin's point came at the line and after CP's defenders fouled out. There should be an asterisk by this year's championship.

*made possible by the officials

@CurryLegion

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on March 05, 2016, 11:22:59 pm
CP didn't get Cedarized they got what everyone in the state and probably regional tournament and beyond got...hosed by over protective officiating aimed at keeping starters in the game. I'm sure someone else can explain better than me, but AOA held a meeting before the regional tournament and the jist of the meeting was "don't foul out key players...especially Reaves" this is from a baseball official who was there...Lamar should have beaten CR. Like CP, their main players started fouling out in the late 3rd early 4th. Don't get me wrong, Austin is very talented and figures out quickly what the refs will and won't let him do. Shame on these officials for deciding the outcome of the state tournament. Most of Austin's point came at the line and after CP's defenders fouled out. There should be an asterisk by this year's championship.

This is in my top 5 of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on fearless.

Batman44

I guess the refs protect CR so much is the reason they finished one of their losses with only 2 players instead of 1. Now THAT'S protection for you!!!

BBall fans

I don't like to blame refs, and I'm not going to blame them tonight about the game with Cedar Ridge and CenterPoint.  I think, even with good, even calling, CR probably would have won.  But it was very hard not to see a few key calls.  For one, Reaves has a habit of pushing off the defender, sometimes even slinging his arm toward his defender, when he's dribbling.  It might be something he's conscious of doing or it might be a bad habit he's not conscious of, but he does it most of the time he's guarded closely.  And you can't tell me that's not a foul because I've seen too many other high school games where the refs call that foul.  It's pretty amazing to watch a kid play that physically and not get a single foul until late in the 3rd quarter.  But yet everyone else on the floor, including CR players, were called for very slight touch fouls.  It does start to appear, even to the novice basketball fan, that there's an idea on the floor that the superstar should "be allowed to play", but everyone else has to be kept in check.

Centerpoint kept the game close until the half.  In fact, for the most of the first half, CP guarded Reaves pretty well, but after awhile, all the fouls started to take their toll.  CP's guards did manage to steal the ball from Reaves a couple of times, but more often than not, every time they got close to him, they were called for fouls, mainly because Reaves knows how to lower his shoulder and just plow over the smaller guard.  Now, technically, you can call that a blocking foul on the part of the defender, but it's also sort of obvious, again, even to the novice, that Reaves knows he's going to be allowed to simply plow another player down.  Should a player be allowed to do that in a high school game?  Maybe so, but do you really think if there was an average player plowing over defenders he wouldn't be called for that?

I think Reaves is an amazing player, a once in a generation phenom.  But it's also true he gets away with a lot that other players wouldn't.

maytag

March 05, 2016, 11:44:46 pm #84 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:48:34 pm by maytag
I agree with RKT and Bballfans something was up. No they didn't protect CR they protected 12

Longfellow

Ladies and gentleman, the Oscar for best actor goes to... *drum roll* AUSTIN REAVES for The Centerpoint Game

knightpride

CR won the game, that is it! Reaves and Crabtree will score and they did so.  CP looked to challenge early and I am very proud of that!!!!! It has been a great year for CP! Yes there were some no calls and I saw Reaves lowering his shoulder into defenders several times but the Refs saw that differently! CP was in early foul trouble. Congratulations to CR on the win and congratulations to being there tonight! Its been a great year!

@CurryLegion

Quote from: knightpride on March 05, 2016, 11:49:49 pm
CR won the game, that is it! Reaves and Crabtree will score and they did so.  CP looked to challenge early and I am very proud of that!!!!! It has been a great year for CP! Yes there were some no calls and I saw Reaves lowering his shoulder into defenders several times but the Refs saw that differently! CP was in early foul trouble. Congratulations to CR on the win and congratulations to being there tonight! Its been a great year!
props to you for being positive.

BBall fans

Quote from: knightpride on March 05, 2016, 11:49:49 pm

I agree.  I'm particularly proud of Centerpoint because they were underestimated all year long, especially on Fearless Friday.  Without a standout star, they found a way to just keep winning, including some wins over teams no one thought they could beat.  And in the end, they made it all the way to the semi-finals of the State Tournament, where it took the best team in the state to take them out.  They made the Final Four, a place where 48 other teams in this year's 3A State didn't make it to.  Great year, Centerpoint!

Timberwolf08

The ref conspiracy is called "clean defense" or perhaps "smart play" Cedar hasn't had a choice but to play clean defense for years. Reaves and Crabtree weren't pulled up as freshmen simply because of talent...CR had 8 people on the team that year-six without Cade and Austin. If he gets handsy on defense his hands come right back. Everyone attempting to guard Austin seem to think that defense is basically posting up on him then hacking so I can see where the confusion comes from...

Rocky

What's sad is that the officiating was so bad, fans didn't get to see how good Reaves can actually be. Him and a CP player would hit the floor and he would go to the line. That practically sums up the second half of the game. I think CR would have pulled out that game either way but they're not 30 points better. CP played with them in the first half and a minute into the second half had 4 fouls called on them and the kids blew up mentally. Both teams deserved to be in that game tonight and have each had great seasons!

Timberwolf08

Quote from: BBall fans on March 05, 2016, 11:58:28 pm
I agree.  I'm particularly proud of Centerpoint because they were underestimated all year long, especially on Fearless Friday.  Without a standout star, they found a way to just keep winning, including some wins over teams no one thought they could beat.  And in the end, they made it all the way to the semi-finals of the State Tournament, where it took the best team in the state to take them out.  They made the Final Four, a place where 48 other teams in this year's 3A State didn't make it to.  Great year, Centerpoint!

I was very impressed with CP tonight actually. Y'all did a good job containing Austin the first quarter. Y'all made a good run and your fans really get up for your boys. Our fans seemed bored tonight.

Rocky

CP fans and players have had a chip on their shoulder. Most people didn't believe they would make it out of the regional because of their lack of size. They play great defense, and play great together, and when the shots are falling like they usually do they're a tough team to beat. They had to be perfect tonight to win.

brown2010

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS YOUR PARTY IS OVER.

HF WHY YOU GRIPING N HERE YOU SHOULD BE ON 2A BOARD

TheOfficial

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 05, 2016, 11:38:34 pm
This is in my top 5 of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on fearless.

You are correct bobcat.  I've been in many, many, many regional and state tournament meetings and was there this year too.  That is never discussed!  Never. 

@CurryLegion

Quote from: TheOfficial on March 06, 2016, 12:31:52 am
You are correct bobcat.  I've been in many, many, many regional and state tournament meetings and was there this year too.  That is never discussed!  Never.
Thank you!! You know, I wish some of these people that complain about the refs would just try their hand at being a ref. It's not as easy as it looks, and contrary to what most of you people believe the refs are not out there to help one team win over the other. Sure, some of the refs are just plain bad, but there is no one intentionally out there trying to ruin the state tournament.

bdog32

Reaves has fouled out of more games than anyone else on the cedar ridge team this season.   Vs Manila he had to sit a majority of 1st and 3rd.  He fouled out vs tuckerman as did the rest of the team.  Had 4 fouls vs valley view. Fouled out vs harding at harding and team still won.  I wouldn't say he is protected.  I would say he is smart and adjusts.  If fouls were called consistently he would shoot 50 fts a game.   Centerpoint didn't know how to react to guarding a D1 guard and shoulder blocked him all night.  The fans do not help the cause by booing other teams and booing every call.  Refs hear that and I'd be willing to bet it costs them a call or 2.  Congrats to cedar ridge and charleston.  And to all the other teams that made the state playoffs.  1 more week of basketball left.

HorseFeathers

Guess 1a didn't get that memo about fouling out key players....the "fouled out" the host schools beat female player with 6 minutes left in the game...

BoxNOne

I have seen refs determine the winner in tight games before. But have never seen them determine the winner in a 29 point blow out.

Black and Gold

The only thing I've pulled from this thread is you either love Reeves or you hate Reeves. There is obviously no in between

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas