• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecs vs Osceola

Started by BigMan15, March 04, 2016, 10:32:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this one?

Osceola
8 (38.1%)
ECS
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 05, 2016, 10:32:37 am

BigMan15

Could see this one go either way?

ReddieKnightTrojan

smallybells

Pulling for ECS in this one. I would like to see another ECS/Charlseton match for the 3rd year in a row, just for old times sake.

Paperman

Osceola is capable of winning this one if they stay out of foul trouble and make their free throws! Wildcats are tough, but I hope for a win! Sorry I am going to miss this one!

BigMan15

Quote from: smallybells on March 04, 2016, 12:01:25 pm
Pulling for ECS in this one. I would like to see another ECS/Charlseton match for the 3rd year in a row, just for old times sake.
Same here

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 04, 2016, 12:06:55 pm
Same here
5 years in a row. 2 in second round, 1 final, 1 semifinal , and this would be another semi if it happens. Osceola could easily spoil that though.

ChucktownTiger

cdelaney

Black and Gold

ISU7

March 04, 2016, 03:58:14 pm #9 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:00:21 pm by ISU7
Noles win 59-53 Great job Big O

Paperman

neds

Congratulations Osceola

ZoneBuster

Nice! A new champ will be crowned!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on March 04, 2016, 03:58:30 pm
59-53 Seminoles
ECS knocked out of football and basketball by South Mississippi County Schools.😄  Great job Seminoles. Good luck vs Charleston in the semifinals.  Coach Gathen got the Noles focus. 🏀🏀

cdelaney

Watched on choppy livestream but from what I could see, Seminoles played much better team Bball than ECS. They deserved to win. They had a 2 minute flurry late in 3rd qtr with some TOs and easy buckets and opened up an 11 pt lead. ECS got within 3-4 pts a few times in 4th but couldn't get ahead.

On the bright side, this will be the 4th year in a row Charleston failed to eliminate ECS from State.

Head Lion

Black and Gold

I did want a Charleston/EC$ rematch. However, good job Noles. Hopefully we get to see you next year EC$!

Radiotalker

Freshman leads Seminoles with 12 including 2 big free throws to seal the deal.

Osceola defense hounded Freeman all game. Robinson is a player.

Black and Gold

cdelaney

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 04, 2016, 04:08:59 pm
I did want a Charleston/EC$ rematch. However, good job Noles. Hopefully we get to see you next year EC$!
Next year we will be starting over. One starter back, one transfer who sat out this year will be a very good post player. Otherwise I'm not sure, unless he wants to play up some freshmen. We had a stout 8th grade team this year.
Good luck to Osceola and Chuck tomorrow. I think we would have struggled vs Tigers if we had made it to semis.

biglion1985

Good job NOLES on the victory

NEark tigers

Great job, Osceola!!!

Do it for the NEArk!!!

Head Lion

Quote from: cdelaney on March 04, 2016, 04:22:21 pm
Next year we will be starting over. One starter back, one transfer who sat out this year will be a very good post player. Otherwise I'm not sure, unless he wants to play up some freshmen. We had a stout 8th grade team this year.
Good luck to Osceola and Chuck tomorrow. I think we would have struggled vs Tigers if we had made it to semis.
Nah, they will just go out & recruit.

cdelaney

Quote from: Head Lion on March 04, 2016, 08:55:37 pm
I guess you don't realize we're not a public school so recruiting isn't a good option. Sorry, I meant "school choice".

neds

Looks like you are feeling better

NEark tigers

neds

I hear the warden rattling the keys . . . lights out and lock down soon

NEark tigers

Quote from: neds on March 04, 2016, 11:12:32 pm
I hear the warden rattling the keys . . . lights out and lock down soon
Guess what, the warden is an Osceola fan and he is partying with us at the county jail, so don't be such a sourpus because your EC$ boys season are lights out.....

Eagle20

They can't gain eligibility unless they sit out like the post player they have is doing this year.  They will struggle some next year.

Eagle20

ECS has had 4 or 5 good years in a row but people don't remember and don't complain when they were a doormat the previous 10 years.  There probably was some recruiting that used to go there on but there is no path for eligibility in private school now unless you sit out for a year.  Unlike public schools where school choice makes it fairly easy to recruit kids to your school in grades 7-9.  And you are immediately eligible as long as it happens before your sophomore year.  Quit whining about the recruiting.

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 04, 2016, 11:56:37 pm
Guess what, the warden is an Osceola fan and he is partying with us at the county jail, so don't be such a sourpus because your EC$ boys season are lights out.....
lol!

Radiotalker

My view of this one and then time to move on.

As Neds said this year ECS had two good players and then it dropped off....he was right. Osceola was able to take Freeman out of the game so to speak. Robinson almost single handily brought the Wildcats back. Thought Osceola got ECS to play play their game and the up tempo pace. The much deeper Seminoles prevailed.

Great run and season by the Wildcats.

The incredible run by Osceola continues today.

BoxNOne

Good job NEA Seminoles!

NEark tigers

Let's go Seminoles, punch your ticket to the Summit today!

Ctucker

My children went to public schools. But here are facts I've seen it and everybody who want lie has seen it. Public schools recruit they call it school choice.quit complaining about private schools it's a lot harder for them to recruit than public schools. If I could afford my kids would have gone to private schools.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 08:22:02 am
My children went to public schools. But here are facts I've seen it and everybody who want lie has seen it. Public schools recruit they call it school choice.quit complaining about private schools it's a lot harder for them to recruit than public schools. If I could afford my kids would have gone to private schools.

There are rules for school of choice. You just can't go from school to school. I can Say Osceola doesn't "recruit ".

cdelaney

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 05, 2016, 08:40:29 am
There are rules for school of choice. You just can't go from school to school. I can Say Osceola doesn't "recruit ".
Thanks for kind words for ECS above. I know there are rules but I've seen plenty of cases where kids seem to go from school to school every year. There is no sit out year. The rules can be pretty easily finessed in a city with multiple schools or in rural areas with several close districts.
I'm not saying anyone is for a fact recruiting, certainly not Osceola, I just find it funny that privates are always associated with recruiting when it's probably much more common in public these days.
Good luck vs Chuck- they will be tough.

Black and Gold

CD you are absolutely right. The easiest way to bend that rule is to move the kid in with relatives, and sign them as legal guardian. That's quite common.

Black and Gold

Does Osceola rely on athleticism or team ball? I've never seen them play

Ctucker

I've seen it over and over when my oldest girls was in school there was a girl in north Arkansas played at 3 different schools in 3 years! Aaa is not going to catch anybody unless some body hands it to them on a silver platter and then they will probally not investigate.

drybones

Quote from: Black and Gold on March 05, 2016, 01:19:55 pm
Does Osceola rely on athleticism or team ball? I've never seen them play
Both. They play very athletic team ball.

Proud Buckaroo

They have the biggest bench of the last four teams and they rotate every single one of them. They won't get tired, so don't expect to wear them down.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas